Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 611193 times)
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2004, 03:18:45 PM »

i dont want anyone to think im calling mysteron a liar... cos im not but id of thought that if guns management were gonna make a statement theyd do it in a press release as opposed to telliung one person. just who are you mysteron?...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2004, 03:19:24 PM »

With no one from the present day GNR camp participating/consenting to have anything to do with BTM, what would lead anyone to believe they slipped VH1 any
info, let alone valid info regarding a slated release date?

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »

Something really pissed me off: WHY the fuck do the actual bandmembers (fink, fortus, stinson, brain, dizzy, pittman) shut up? Why don't they speak? Will Axl put them a bullet in their head if they speak? What the fuck are they doing? why never a word? Dizzy has been a bandmamber for 14 years now and he seems to have less power than a clean agent in the street.
WHERE ARE THEY?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 03:25:08 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2004, 03:26:30 PM »

i dont want anyone to think im calling mysteron a liar... cos im not but id of thought that if guns management were gonna make a statement theyd do it in a press release as opposed to telliung one person. just who are you mysteron?...

I'm someone who speaks to management, thats all hihi

Press releases are for album and tour announcements, not for dispelling rumors. I'm sure there are alot of people on here who would be quite happy to tell you about how many rumors there have been over years. It would be silly to keep reeling out press release after press release  hihi I think we were even planning on one point on making a film about the lives and times of a gnr fan. I can't remember who was casted as me. Was it Brad Pitt?...hmmmm  hihi Roll Eyes
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2004, 03:29:26 PM »

I dont believe any Mysteron... Roll Eyes

Information can be second-checked with Sanctuary if so desired. Check with Tina though

I eamiled them earlier but the offices are closed today, hopefully I will get a response tomorrow.

And what you said about the VH1 staff and stuff is true. I heard that they told the people that were interviewed that Axl might have been doing it just so they could get others to do it too.

It's a holiday in the US. Offices are open again tomorrow

I'm sure they will second confirm to someone else. Mr M is away until Thursday so it's best not to bother him
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2004, 03:29:40 PM »

They did have a publicist for geffen on the show, but none of this surprises me at all. Like when everyone got all excited because the greatest hits was cancelled and they thought that must have meant cd was coming only to find out greatest hits was going to be scheduled a couple months later. It's bullshit, but it's gn'r. If mysteron turns out to be right, vh1 just took a big shot to their crediblity.

What Goes around comes around!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2004, 03:30:18 PM »

Press releases are for album and tour announcements, not for dispelling rumors. I'm sure there are alot of people on here who would be quite happy to tell you about how many rumors there have been over years. It would be silly to keep reeling out press release after press release  hihi I think we were even planning on one point on making a film about the lives and times of a gnr fan. I can't remember who was casted as me. Was it Brad Pitt?...hmmmm  hihi Roll Eyes

you would think they would release a statement though about this one seeing as it was announced on national television. VH-1 should not be able to make statements liek this unless they get info direct from management or Axl.
The Michelin-Man
Headliner

Appetite For Destruction = BEST RECORD EVER!!!

« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2004, 03:31:51 PM »

"Management deny release date rumors"

rofl This isn't news... EVERYBODY KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. AT LEAST EVERYBODY WITH COMMON SENSE...

CD WILL NEVER BE RELEASED. NEVER... unless Axl think otherwise...  hihi

Guns N' Roses / Velvet Revolver / Adler's Appetite
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2004, 03:35:34 PM »

you would think they would release a statement though about this one seeing as it was announced on national television. VH-1 should not be able to make statements liek this unless they get info direct from management or Axl.

Nah. It's not big enough or important enough to worry about

What I am thinking is why haven't MTV or VH1 got this information on their websites?
Evolution
« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2004, 03:38:28 PM »

Argh! and i did'nt even get a chance to shout CD is coming in my Metallica loving buddies face
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2004, 03:38:44 PM »

Nah. It's not big enough or important enough to worry about

What I am thinking is why haven't MTV or VH1 got this information on their websites?

well I'd say Mtv will have it come tomorrow, since the premier is tonight. I don't really know about VH1 though, maybe trying to keep it under wraps for awhile? but that would be a stupid idead seeing it was played on national television yesterday.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2004, 03:40:52 PM »

I've been away a couple of days and I've just read all the VH1 thread and this one.

I've got one question - Does anyone think that management would confirm this as true, even if it was?

Not a chance in hell. Like they're gonna say "yes, it's true. That's our plan, etc". It just would never happen. Denying it is what would happen true or not. Default response.

Of course, just as this doesn't mean shit, neither does VH1 without a source.

@#$%Muther

I agree completely...we're really not going to know one way or the other until a press release from Axl comes out with those little digits on it. And there's no way managment would give away their whole marketing strategy and itinerary (neither will Dizzy or Tommy, I bet) based off Vh1's comment.  One theory I have is that Vh1 got this from Geffen, who want this out in time for the holidays, and by 'leaking' this 'news' will put more heat on Mr. Rose to get it out by November or risk yet another wave of negativity in the music press.It's important to note that not even the VH1 comment gave a specific date, just a month.

Incidentally, why all the visceral anger? Shouldn't we all be used to it by now? This whole mess is a perennial guessing game and will always be until something concrete happens from AXL. Living and dying with every rumor (even from Vh1) is pretty pointless.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 03:46:53 PM by NickNasty » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2004, 03:50:04 PM »

It will be interesting to see if VH1 edits that part of the show out for tonights offcial premiere.

-TyRod-
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2004, 03:53:02 PM »

It will be interesting to see if VH1 edits that part of the show out for tonights offcial premiere.

-TyRod-

I was just thinking the same thing. Although it's a holiday weekend, so they may not have time....

---Nick Nasty--

SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2004, 04:13:42 PM »

I'd bet money on that not happening. There'd be a controversy caused by people who have already seen it, and they'd officially be admitting they were wrong. They aren't going to admit they're wrong. That's why they used careful wording. "Slated" meaning "supposed to".
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2004, 04:20:46 PM »

They never said "Sanctuary or Geffen said it will be out in November". They merely said "Slated to come out in November." They could have been getting their info from anywhere. Maybe their source was no good, we'll never know, but I highly doubt they are going to edit that.

Everyone needs to just get their panties out of a twist and accept we are no closer to the album than we were 7 years ago just because that amount of time has passed. The band is a continual disaster waiting to happen and I think everyone is sick of it, but there is nothing anyone can do.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2004, 04:26:44 PM »

Well, I'm sure some of us saw this coming, and some people like me held out hope that this was finally 'it'. (Hell, I still think this could be it and management is just downplaying it until they're ready - the wedding analogy was dead-on.)

I do this its a bit hypocritical however that when Mysteron comes around and says something, that its taken as gospel truth, and everyone just automatically agrees with him no matter what (for the most part, anyway.) (I'm not calling you a liar, Mysteron, this is just what I've noticed.)

BUT..it seems as though everyone has forgotten that darknemus made a post saying that he heard from a source to look for an announcement made over the 4th of July weekend. Sure enough, we got an early premiere of GN'R:BTM and it said that CD is slated for a November release.

Now, I'm not saying that darknemus has all of the answers to all of our problems dealing with Guns, BUT, I think credit should be given where its deserved. Again, the point of this post isn't to call Mysteron a liar, but come on - ANYONE of us could call Sanctuary and be told the EXACT same thing that Mysteron was told. Sure, he could be talking to management, but then again, we all could if we want. Their phone number isn't exactly a secret. If they won't tell the press any info about a release date, then I sure as hell doubt that Mysteron has any "inside info" either.

Basically, all I'm trying to say is don't be hyprocritcal, give credit where its due, and take everything here with a grain of salt.

-Jeff
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 04:28:54 PM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2004, 04:34:16 PM »

Oh come on,people!!!!   Were you honestly expecting the recorl label to say: "Oh yeah,VH1 is right,CD will definetly be out in November!" HuhHuh Unless Mysteron is the record company's president or Axl Rose himself,this means shit! Of course,the VH1 thing could mean shit too...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2004, 04:51:56 PM »

The more I ponder this, the more I see 2 possible scenarios:

1) The information from Vh1 and other sources is true and November is the targeted date for release. Management is denying the date in order to downplay expectations  just to protect its promotional strategy OR in case date is not met for some reason.

2) Geffen/Universal has been leaking the November target date in hopes of further tightening the noose around Axl's neck (regardless of whether or not Axl had intended a Nov. release)...by getting it out not only on the net' but also now into mainstream media (Vh1, CNN HL News), they have set up an expectation date, which if not met by Axl could perhaps justify them cutting ties with him altogether. Bottom line is, the Geffen entity seems to have lost it's patience with Mr. Rose, and the money pit he's dug for them.. Whatever the've recouped from GH and the DVD's is still small beans compared to what they've lost on this project. And when they see GH and VR selling as good as they are, it can only steam them off even more to be sitting on a goldmine they may never see. Why bother to keep propping something up if it aint got no legs? This second scenario is the one I tend to believe more. Geffen has taken the kid gloves off, IMO. As bad as we want this album as fans, they want a return on their investment. If they can't get it, they want out. Things are still very interesting...I imagine a lot of phone calls will be going back and forth between the label and Sanctuary this week.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 04:53:54 PM by NickNasty » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2004, 04:56:58 PM »

BUT..it seems as though everyone has forgotten that darknemus made a post saying that he heard from a source to look for an announcement made over the 4th of July weekend. Sure enough, we got an early premiere of GN'R:BTM and it said that CD is slated for a November release.

I'm still waiting for that announcement.  Huh

Again, the point of this post isn't to call Mysteron a liar, but come on - ANYONE of us could call Sanctuary and be told the EXACT same thing that Mysteron was told. Sure, he could be talking to management, but then again, we all could if we want.

The difference between what Mysteron says compared some other people with "inside info", is that Mysteron actually says where he got the info.....

1) The information from Vh1 and other sources is true and November is the targeted date for release. Management is denying the date in order to downplay expectations  just to protect its promotional strategy OR in case date is not met for some reason.

That could be true. Management never comment on rumors.

Same thing has happened before. They won't comment until it's ok to say something.

So November could still happen (I'm sounding quite optimistic there  nervous), but the announcement is coming later.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 05:00:03 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: