Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:55:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 611204 times)
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2004, 01:24:09 PM »

You people are not getting it at all.

not getting it?

the only thing to get is taht we won't have CD anytime soon...  no
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2004, 01:24:54 PM »

:no:No-no, no no no, leave him alone. (to randon)  no hihi

Then one of your old, long-gone friends comes by out of the blue wanting to know something about you. You give him the information because of things he's done for you in the past, and you also say "Oh, and I'm proposing to my girlfriend in a week." He leaves, then tells

That?s what I imagined when I heard BTM "CD release month" info.
Now I guess this thing might have another knots.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2004, 01:25:37 PM »

I think everyone gets it - as most have been here long enough - an official release would most likely have to come from axl himself - it could be true or could be completely false - I think that's possible that the rumblings at geffen/interscope point to a November release.  An official release date won't be out there until Axl gives the go-ahead.  I too doubt VH1 made this clame without some sort of truth behind it (whatever it might be) and I also think that getting a projected date is at least a breath of fresh air.  Time will tell on this one.  Everything starts with a rumor.... and this site it no stranger to those. I still think someone at interscope heard something and said something. But then again Dizzy doesn't even know anything it seems....nevermind management.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 01:27:53 PM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2004, 01:29:29 PM »

awesome sayin buddha! im stealin that bro! own special bowl of fuck yeah! thats great! rofl

why are u all sayin a rumor?

how is it a rumor if Vh1 reported it on a documentary broadcast? thats not rumor

now does that mean we will get CD in nov? i wouldnt bet my hair on it

but i do believe that they are intending to release it in Nov

of course things can change and get derailed as usual

but the fuckin thing has to come out sometime, so why not

im buyin into it, fuck it, im tired of being negative, so im swallowing this shit as truth!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2004, 01:30:30 PM »

I've been off line for three days and I come back reading all this stuff on what VH1 said,and then the info from Mysteron.

All I got to say is whatever.....I don't believe a damn thing that is going on......the way the narrator said it durin BTM makes me think they have absolutly no idea.

Mysteron on the other hand I believe.....Because management told him it's fake.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Dizzy
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2004, 01:37:28 PM »

You're gonna hate me for saying this, but.....I told you so.
teroz
Opening Act

Boyz are Gonna Rock ?

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2004, 01:37:38 PM »

YIIIIIIHAAAA  beer

So boyz aren't gonna rock ..

For a minute there I (once again) thought that the album was really going to be realeased.

Well now I know better. peace
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 01:40:05 PM by teroz » Logged
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2004, 01:45:16 PM »

BREAKING NEWS!

Chinese Democracy is not going to come out in 2004...or 2005...or 2010.
Maybe we will be able to hear it when Axl dies...maybe.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2004, 01:52:08 PM »

I think everyone gets it - as most have been here long enough - an official release would most likely have to come from axl himself - it could be true or could be completely false - I think that's possible that the rumblings at geffen/interscope point to a November release.  An official release date won't be out there until Axl gives the go-ahead.  I too doubt VH1 made this clame without some sort of truth behind it (whatever it might be) and I also think that getting a projected date is at least a breath of fresh air.  Time will tell on this one.  Everything starts with a rumor.... and this site it no stranger to those.

Yup, like old Bucket rumour.
They kept denying it until Axls statement came.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2004, 01:59:02 PM »

ok this is just like the micheal moore shit

some believe the right wing some believe the left wing

so who do u believe

mysteron? or vh1

i cant see VH1 just pullin a date out of thin air, they had to get that from some credible source

like loretian said it hasnt been made official so of course they'd say something like this until it is 100 percent agreed upon

i believe it is scheduled for nov 2004, doesnt mean we will get it in 2004

so all of u "i told u so's" whatever are just basing it on negativity

i for one believe VH1 over mysteron

i may be in the minority but whose to say management would give that info out to anyone?

they know axl like everyone else so until axl has an official press thing for a release date they arent jumpin the gun

i just cant believe they would make up a date

hell the thing was pretty negative towards axl anyway so it wouldve made their broadcast better to say "axl still has no release date after 10 years for chinese democracy"

they wouldnt make shit up

when nov comes and goes without word ill glady say u all are right, but dont say "i told u so" and cd comes out in november, cause last time i checked its july, thats a whole lot of time people!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 02:01:00 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2004, 02:04:51 PM »

Who cares? If you're a real fan, then you should be used to this shit.  What's the big deal?

Knowing Axl the "promotion hog", the denial of the release date is possibly just another way to get more "GNR mentions" out there until he announces it himself.  i totally understand him wanting to deny it now.
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2004, 02:07:56 PM »

follow the link, read the first paragraph carefully. this has got to be a misprint right.....  Embarrassed

http://www.gnrsucks.com/news.php
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2004, 02:09:17 PM »

Yes, it is a misprint.  You can download the clip for yourself, they definitely say 2004, not 2005.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2004, 02:14:46 PM »

I dont believe any Mysteron... Roll Eyes
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2004, 02:36:45 PM »

I've been away a couple of days and I've just read all the VH1 thread and this one.

I've got one question - Does anyone think that management would confirm this as true, even if it was?

Not a chance in hell. Like they're gonna say "yes, it's true. That's our plan, etc". It just would never happen. Denying it is what would happen true or not. Default response.

Of course, just as this doesn't mean shit, neither does VH1 without a source.

@#$%Muther
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2004, 02:41:27 PM »

Information can be second-checked with Sanctuary if so desired. Check with Tina though
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2004, 02:46:41 PM »

I think everyone gets it - as most have been here long enough - an official release would most likely have to come from axl himself - it could be true or could be completely false - I think that's possible that the rumblings at geffen/interscope point to a November release.  An official release date won't be out there until Axl gives the go-ahead.  I too doubt VH1 made this clame without some sort of truth behind it (whatever it might be) and I also think that getting a projected date is at least a breath of fresh air.  Time will tell on this one.  Everything starts with a rumor.... and this site it no stranger to those.

Yup, like old Bucket rumour.
They kept denying it until Axls statement came.

I can be quite cynical of gnr at times, but I think the Bucket situation was quite unique.  Only Bucket knew what he was doing.....perhaps in the same way that only Axl knows what he is doing with CD  hihi

I think the only criticism I would have is that the situation should have been sorted out earlier
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2004, 02:50:21 PM »

ok this is just like the micheal moore shit

some believe the right wing some believe the left wing

so who do u believe

mysteron? or vh1

i cant see VH1 just pullin a date out of thin air, they had to get that from some credible source

like loretian said it hasnt been made official so of course they'd say something like this until it is 100 percent agreed upon

i believe it is scheduled for nov 2004, doesnt mean we will get it in 2004

so all of u "i told u so's" whatever are just basing it on negativity

i for one believe VH1 over mysteron

i may be in the minority but whose to say management would give that info out to anyone?

they know axl like everyone else so until axl has an official press thing for a release date they arent jumpin the gun

i just cant believe they would make up a date

hell the thing was pretty negative towards axl anyway so it wouldve made their broadcast better to say "axl still has no release date after 10 years for chinese democracy"

they wouldnt make shit up

when nov comes and goes without word ill glady say u all are right, but dont say "i told u so" and cd comes out in november, cause last time i checked its july, thats a whole lot of time people!

If anyone gets a chance to speak to Dizzy or Tommy or anyone this summer, ask about VH1 and Behind the Music. Perhaps Dizzy more than Tommy. I'm sure they will be glad to tell you stories and truths about the program, it's staff etc..
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 02:58:00 PM by Mysteron » Logged
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2004, 03:01:19 PM »

Information can be second-checked with Sanctuary if so desired. Check with Tina though

I eamiled them earlier but the offices are closed today, hopefully I will get a response tomorrow.

And what you said about the VH1 staff and stuff is true. I heard that they told the people that were interviewed that Axl might have been doing it just so they could get others to do it too.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2004, 03:09:25 PM »

D-

I understand how you are grasping about any bit of good news you can on here. You almost sound like you're convincing yourself there is no way the VH1 thing can't be true. But what incentive does Mysteron have to get on here and lie to us? I am sure he wants to hear CD every bit as much as we do, and if there really was some truth or something to believe I want to believe he would share with us. I sadly believe that while rational thought says it has to come out at some point soon, in the world of GNR rational thought does not work or hold up. I just feel really bad for all the people about to get burned again because they are convincing themselves this is true. VH1 is credible, but something tells me they did not get this right from the GNR camp as they weren't exactly going to use BTM to let the cat out of the bag so to speak. But what do I know anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: