Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 56625 times)
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2007, 11:30:36 AM »

and crowebar i find it amazing that you can kiss both Jarmo's and axl asses at the same time so proficiently, tahts quite a feat my freind ok

Since you've decided to take a cheap shot at me (not sure why...) I'll respond.  beer

First off, thanks very much for observing and respecting my apparent ass - kissing abilities.   yes   ok

I suppose since I deleted my account a couple of times, which has resulted in me not having over 4000 posts like you, I'm substandard.  Cheesy

Actually, on second thought, you know what?   Huh       I've changed my mind.   Angry

I'm not sure what to say to you, as it seems you're just looking to start a fight with me as you've chosen to single me out so effectively.  rant

Therefore, at the risk of getting banned (sorry mods) or negative karma points I'll say this to you: - FUCK YOU VERY MUCH!!!   rant    confused

P.S: - I ain't blind to anything.   no   I'm just a fan who's still waiting for new material yes   beer
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:33:40 AM by Crowebar » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2007, 11:34:29 AM »

excuse me crowebar, if i find it offensive that you tell people to "fuck off if they dont like it" every other post

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2007, 11:35:09 AM »

well neemo.....   none of these quotes, except for merck`s in 2005 and axl?s 2006 quotes sound really convincing do they? a tentative release date is a little more precise and promising.....
How convincing did this sound?

"There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?Okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff of the previous list,? but it?s time to stop that now and wrap up the baby.  It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things.  We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record.  What the sequence of the songs is.  The album cover art is ready.? ? Axl Rose (August, 2002)
I suppose since I deleted my account a couple of times, which has resulted in me not having over 4000 posts like you, I'm substandard.
You didnt delete accounts. You were banned. Multiple times.
P.S: - you should learn how to spell too dude.  yes   beer
You should learn a different posting style that doesn't give you away each time you come crawling back.

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2007, 11:36:39 AM »

excuse me crowebar, if i find it offensive that you tell people to "fuck off if they dont like it" every other post

You're the first person I've told to fuck off on this board in a very long time man.

Go dig up all my posts and show me. Which is probably what you're doing right now super-quoter.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:42:14 AM by Crowebar » Logged
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2007, 11:40:54 AM »

You should learn a different posting style that doesn't give you away each time you come crawling back.

Do you know for a fact that I've come crawling back? No, you don't. You know nothing of my reasons or the events in my life so why are you jumping at the chance to defend neemo man. neemo chose to single me out as an Axl/Jarmo ass-kisser and I chose to respond in turn. Why do you feel a need to join in on this anyway? Was I engaging you in a conversation?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »

I find it funny how all you "LONG TIME" fans can conveneiently forget this chain of events, and say that we have never received promises from Axl or the band or management before....and excuse me if, to me, it looks like history is repeating itself.

A lot of "hope to" and "plan to" with no exact date given.

That's the difference.

None of us know what's been going on behind the scenes during all these years.

No he wasn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2007, 11:41:20 AM »

P.S: - I ain't blind to anything.? ?no? ?I'm just a fan who's still waiting for new material yes? ?beer

so am I man, so am i.... but i also remember what has transpired in years past peace

You're the first person I've told to fuck off on this board in a very long time man.

hmm look a few pages back....i think you said something like

Attention everyone, especially you negative-minded posters....... nervous Shocked nervous

Axl said the album would be out so therefore, the album will be out. yes

That being said, shut the fuck up and just live your lives until said album is out. rant Angry

Thank you very fucking much for your co-operation in this matter!!! hihi beer

seems like a big fuck you to alot of people to me...there are more....i really have no prob with you man but those types of posts piss me off....and on top of that its obvious you are being annoyingly ?super nice to jarmo for some reason Roll Eyes

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2007, 11:43:15 AM »

with all this being said I'm gonna do my best to stay out of this section for a while....i dont wanna bring this place down....its never been my intent Cry

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2007, 11:46:19 AM »

Not that I want to stir up anything but what's the real difference between "hope to", "plan to" and "tentative"?   Is another way off not committing just this time with a month, day and year date.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »

None of us know what's been going on behind the scenes during all these years.

No he wasn't.

/jarmo

Thank you for clearing that up /jarmo.

I may have been spanked a few times over the last ten years but I've never been banned.

Not sure where you get you're info from but perhaps you need to check your source out before you decide to slander me.

Also, I guess because I appreciate /jarmo for having this GNR site and running it I'm being too nice to him and that makes me an ass-kisser?

Unbelievable.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2007, 12:12:34 PM »

If you call us the ass kisser of jarmo or axl, then you're the ass kisser of the haters.  yes

A fan is supposed to support the band they like, aren't they? confused
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »

Not that I want to stir up anything but what's the real difference between "hope to", "plan to" and "tentative"?   Is another way off not committing just this time with a month, day and year date.

I don't know about you, but when somebody gives me a tentative date when something's supposed to happen, I kinda assume something will happen around that date.

If somebody says "I hope to do this in the summer" or "I plan to do that next summer", I'm thinking "well, maybe it'll happen in the summer".

But that's just me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2007, 12:24:35 PM »

But you have to realize there is ONE thing different now from all those previous years (last year included). ?There is an actual release date! ?Did you ever bother to read Axl's "open letter"? ?He said... "this is the first time we have done this publicly for this album". ?THE FIRST TIME! ?Never before was an actual release date revealed. ?So forget about all those other years and deal with it!

If the record company doesn't confirm having the finished album in it's hands right now, there is no conceivable way it will be in stores on March 6th. ?Why do people on this board have such trouble with comprehending that? ?It's just common sense. ?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2007, 12:26:13 PM »

I don't know about you, but when somebody gives me a tentative date when something's supposed to happen, I kinda assume something will happen around that date.

If somebody says "I hope to do this in the summer" or "I plan to do that next summer", I'm thinking "well, maybe it'll happen in the summer".

But that's just me.

/jarmo

nope, it's not just you.  Grin
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2007, 12:38:53 PM »

Something will happen.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2007, 01:02:19 PM »

But that's just me.

/jarmo

I think the point of Neemo's posts, and for that matter, the point of this thread, is the debate of whether you and I believe Axl in his letter about March 6th.   It all boils down to the fact that Axl said it takes eight weeks, it's now eight weeks before March 6th, do you think he'll make it?  Some around here will believe Axl regardless of what has happened or will happened.  Others refute whatever the man has to say.  In the end, it's probably best to take the wait and see approach.  As Neemo has pointed out in his post on the last page, there's plenty of evidence to warrant scepticism.  Granted, nothing as particular as an actual date has been given before, but there was plenty of insinuation and indication from the band and management that lead a lot of us to believe in a release date a long time ago. 

Like I said earlier, Axl finally giving a tentative release date served many purposes.  First, it absorbed much of the anger that was expected to come over the missed 2006 promises.  Second, it keeps everyone aboard the bandwagon for a little longer.  Third, it gets everyone involved in the project, Axl included, a bit of a kick in the ass to get things done and delivered.  Perhaps the whole process was stuck in third gear and putting a deadline on the project would get things into fourth.  Whether it comes out exactly on March 6 isn't the most pressing issue in my opinion so long as it accomplishes those purposes outlined. 

I do think you're right Jarmo in that when there's news, we'll know about it.  Whether it comes out March 6th or not, most would agree that the band and the fans alike are in the home stretch.

Furthermore, I do not think it's being overtly negative or critical to say I doubt the arrival of Chinese Democracy so long as any statements of mine shy away from any imflamatory muck.  To say, "Based on what Axl has said, did say in his letter, and where we are now, I'm inclined to believe that we won't be seeing the new album by March 6th," is not the same as saying, "Axl's a douche, there's no way the album is coming out in March, this band drives me up the wall."  There's being critical, and there's being negative.   Seems to me that there's times on this message board that people will express their skepticism and be labeled as negative.  Cynicism and skepticism are two different things.  Perhaps it's unfair or unjustified, but if there was ever a band to be skeptical about at times, it's Guns N' Roses.  That's part of the band's appeal in my opinion; no one really knows what's going to happen next.  So we talk about it.  Some agree, some disagree, but that's cool. 

Anyway, that's my two cents

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2007, 01:09:21 PM »

I honestly believe that no news so far is good news. If it isn't March 6, it should at least be right around then.

I too believe in Axl Rose !   ok

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2007, 01:26:39 PM »

I honestly believe that no news so far is good news. If it isn't March 6, it should at least be right around then.

I too believe in Axl Rose !? ?ok

Well, we're splitting hairs around here. If Axl has to push it back to March 13th, 20th, the 27th or, hell, even the first week of April, I'm not gonna cry and call Axl a liar. It is a "tentative" date and anything around that time should be fair game. He has said nothing definite, really, about the release. I will say, if we get to the end of April, into May, then I think we've got real reason to cry, because then they'd be way off the mark. But, I think we'll know before we get too far from March 6th what's up. He said he'd keep us informed of delays. I'm in a calm state of mind right now, knowing that Axl has at least seen our concern as the end of 2006 came. I think the same would happen if March 6th flies by with no news. I think he'd be writing us again.

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

Rememeber when Axl made the statement at last January's Korn party :

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album.

Well just some speculation & wishful thinking but wouldn't it be badass to find out that last year's intentions were to only release the one album by the end of 2006 but then maybe Axl re-thought it and figured if he had just an extra few months he could wrap up all the songs and as a reward for our patience he would deliver a double album or possibly triple to us.

Like I said, I'm not trying to start a rumor. This is just something that I thought would be too cool. Then again, at this point one album would kick ass !

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
madagas
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2007, 01:39:40 PM »

I am as big an Axlite as there is on this site. I originally got in to GNR because of Axl and a little bit Izzy. However, honestly, I really don't trust anything Axl says in regards to the album. You can spin the shit anyway you like-read what you want to read. He has led his fans down the primrose path since 2000 with multiple well documented references to imminent release of the album. Tentative is tentative and is no different to normal people than saying the album will be out in Fall 2006-"definitely". Definitely is more positive than tentative-correct? So, you guys can continue to spin spin away, but reality is, there is no release date set. Kiss
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: