Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:40:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 56563 times)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2007, 10:17:44 PM »

I think it's different and I've been here since 99.?

One big difference is Axl.? He's in the public eye, before it was like a bigfoot sighting if you saw him.

I guess 2002 was just one long Bigfoot sighting then...

Come on guys, I know Axl was a little bigger in 2002, but that's no reason to call him bigfoot!  hihi

cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2007, 10:27:31 PM »

For all you guys who are skeptical - yes the album did NOT come out last year even though Axl said...."it is this year". ?He also hinted in previous years it would come out....it never did. ?But you have to realize there is ONE thing different now from all those previous years (last year included). ?There is an actual release date! ?Did you ever bother to read Axl's "open letter"Huh? ?He said... "this is the first time we have done this publicly for this album". ?THE FIRST TIME! ?Never before was an actual release date revealed. ?So forget about all those other years and deal with it! ?Stop crying and bitching here accusing Axl and the band "liars" or people who can't speak the truth.

Who said it is "2007 and we don't have Chinese Democracy"?? ?It's January 11th for fucks sake. ?It's not March 6th, is it???

This thread was started to remind us that March 6th is 8 weeks away! ?NOT that "Chinese..." ?isn't out yet, or Axl and band has screwed us over again. ?Roll Eyes

cybercurves

cineater
Legend

« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2007, 10:32:17 PM »

Actually, it's Robin who looks more like bigfoot now ? Grin ?Hope he never changes.

You know I'm willing to leave the past behind and look to the future. ?Looks like we left GNR hell far behind. ?Not that we're a smooth sailing ship but what's the fun in that? ?As interesting as the peeks behind the stage has been, we're the fans. ?We belong out front cheering the band on and not spying on them, second guessing their every move or telling them how to do it. ?If anybody can do it better, have at it.

(No, I didn't promiss anything--lol--but I'll try not to get caught)

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2007, 01:08:32 AM »

Ok, we have 8 weeks until March 6th.? That is the exact timeframe in which Axl himself said that the album needed to be turned over to the record company for proper promotion.? How many people here think that GNR wrapped up all their loose ends and submitted the albnum by today at some point?? I think with the holidays, the answers got to be "unlikely".? I just hope they let us know asap if the album will be delayed.

You are correct everyday that passes. Axl did state when there is news we will hear it.

I have feeling Axl is no hurry to get this album out.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2007, 04:51:49 AM »

Ok, we have 8 weeks until March 6th.? That is the exact timeframe in which Axl himself said that the album needed to be turned over to the record company for proper promotion.? How many people here think that GNR wrapped up all their loose ends and submitted the albnum by today at some point?? I think with the holidays, the answers got to be "unlikely".? I just hope they let us know asap if the album will be delayed.

Really? You think?  rofl hihi

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2007, 07:39:47 AM »

I know I said I was done but this was just to hypocrytical for me to let it stand. Would you like me to dig up your posts from 3-4 months ago Jarmo? I thought it was coming in November? If we want to talk about people who have no involvment with the band yet speak as if it's the truth, you're a prime example  Grin

I might not know what's going on, but at least I don't make shit up in order to make myself feel better like you seem to do.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2007, 08:46:52 AM »

Ok, we have 8 weeks until March 6th.  That is the exact timeframe in which Axl himself said that the album needed to be turned over to the record company for proper promotion.  How many people here think that GNR wrapped up all their loose ends and submitted the albnum by today at some point?  I think with the holidays, the answers got to be "unlikely".  I just hope they let us know asap if the album will be delayed.

You are correct everyday that passes. Axl did state when there is news we will hear it.

At this point I disagree. I believe putting everything aside in order to personally oversee the albums final stages would qualify as being "in a hurry".

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2007, 09:24:41 AM »

I have feeling Axl is in no hurry to get this album out.

I strongly disagree with you man and I don't give a shit how you or any of the other negative, useless fuckos feel about that either.      rant       rofl

At this point I disagree. I believe putting everything aside in order to personally oversee the albums final stages would qualify as being "in a hurry".

I also think that this qualifies as Axl wanting this album to finally get released and see the light of day.    yes      beer        ok

I might not know what's going on, but at least I don't make shit up in order to make myself feel better like you seem to do.

ok

/jarmo

And, /jarmo's fucking hilarious!!!!!    nervous     yes      hihi            rofl               beer
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2007, 09:34:55 AM »

I just finished reading a book about U2 and in it Larry, the drummer, makes an interesting point. He talks about how
certain fans were accusing the band of ripping their fans off. He couldn't understand why anybody would think the band would want to rip off their fans.

Seems like these fans are everywhere.

/jarmo

So it wasn't only GNR that had those pains in the ass among its fans.
sorta relief.
It sometimes was almost depressing to think of the tough luck to have those illogical, self-important and uninvited guests?because of them the EQ level of the whole fandom as well as the IQ level would remarkably drop?although they are just the noisy minority. Yep, If you look at the thread carefully, there're not really many individual posters complaining. The rest of us are happy bustards knowing the band is doing their best to make us even happier.

Still people tend to focus on negativity that those bitchy few attract peoples attention (and they know it.)
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2007, 09:56:37 AM »

I just can't understand why would anyone want to complain? Guns N' Roses are finally back and better than ever! They had a very successful tour and the album is right around the corner. I've waited 13 years for this band to come back. Now it's finally happening and they are better than I ever even hoped for. It's great to be a Guns N' Roses fan!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2007, 10:06:54 AM »

I just can't understand why would anyone want to complain? Guns N' Roses are finally back and better than ever! They had a very successful tour and the album is right around the corner. I've waited 13 years for this band to come back. Now it's finally happening and they are better than I ever even hoped for. It's great to be a Guns N' Roses fan!

I wish more people thought (or at least posted) like us. I have "Better" playing on my myspace page and was asked by a co-worker yesterday why he'd never heard the song. I explained everything from the last year and said from my guess that was going to be the first single. He said that song was incredible and he couldn't get it out of his head.

He's now looking forward to the album. If more people would go at this whole situation with an unbiased and open mind we'd have alot more positive people posting on this board.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2007, 10:20:29 AM »

I wish more people thought (or at least posted) like us. I have "Better" playing on my myspace page and was asked by a co-worker yesterday why he'd never heard the song. I explained everything from the last year and said from my guess that was going to be the first single. He said that song was incredible and he couldn't get it out of his head.

He's now looking forward to the album. If more people would go at this whole situation with an unbiased and open mind we'd have alot more positive people posting on this board.

That's how I feel too.    Grin

Last night, as I was driving home, I was blasting CITR with my window down and some dude was walking his dog and heard it playing.

He honestly had that  'What the fuck is that tune and where can I get it because it's good.....'  look on his face.   beer

I just chuckled and thought to myself; - Soon, dude, you to will be hearing this stuff all over the place!!!  hihi

I love it.  ok   yes
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2007, 10:23:44 AM »

I just can't understand why would anyone want to complain?

As I said earlier, my bet is that they just love to complain. to moan just about everything.
Their happiness lies on how unhappy they can make themselves out to be.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2007, 10:40:12 AM »

As I said earlier, my bet is that they just love to complain. to moan just about everything.

Why would anyone want to be unhappy and sullen in life?  Huh

I say Fuck Thatbeer   peace
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2007, 10:45:46 AM »

I say Fuck Thatbeer   peace

most of the people ppbebe is talking about aren?t posting on this message board though...  thanks to jarmo...   if you want to see obsessed idiots slagging off axl go to mygnr.com or blabbermouth....

i mean....   why do people post comments in regards to gnr news, just to say how much they hate axl rose and how much he sucks???    it`s because they care for him, they`re obsessed.. just in a negative way. and it shows what a shitty life they have...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2007, 10:59:30 AM »

Hoorays for jarmo. yes

Yea, perverted affection, I guess. like sadomasochism, you know. No I don't really want to know. nervous
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2007, 11:14:04 AM »

I look at the tour and the album as too different entities....I mean dont get me wrong its fucking awesome that GNR and axl are back in the public eye, and (as i did in 2002) i got my hopes up for a album release. there were very few bumps in the tour this time which is in itself a step forward, and the band seems tighter than ever, and its great to hear new news of Axl and crew everyday, BBF is a great addition to the band, their look as a band has finally solidified, and an official website has been launched. IT HAS BEEN A GREAT YEAR FOR GUNS N ROSES!!!

but.....

in 1999:

Quote from: Axl on MTV
Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well. Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...

in 2000

Quote from: Axl in Rolling Stone
Having failed to deliver a new album by the end of the twentieth century, is Rose ready to commit to releasing a record sometime during the twenty-first?

''Yes, I think that would definitely be the right time,'' he answers, a slight grin coming to his face.

The new Guns N Roses album is tentatively titled Chinese Democracy and loosely scheduled for summer 2000.

In 2001

Quote from: Axl on the Radio in Chile
DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

In 2002

Quote from: Axl @ the MTV Awards
Kurt: What's gonna happen now? Is Chinese Democracy going to come out? Are we gonna see it soon?

Axl: Umm you'll see it, I dont know if soon is the word. But it will come out and we will, we'll go back, we'll do some more recording and then we'll start the American leg of the tour... And see how it goes from there.

2003 - no word

Quote from: Axl's Press Release
We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Quote from: tommy in the LA Times
"That record's really close to being completed and put out," he added, but declined to guess when exactly that will be.

Quote from: Merck's letter to the New York Times
His only interest is making the best album he is capable of so that it can have a positive affect in 2005 on people who are enthusiasts of music and interested in Guns N' Roses. His artistic integrity is such that he has chosen to do so without compromise at great personal sacrifice which makes him a soft target for the sort of rubbish you have chosen to print. I believe he will have the last laugh.

early 2006

Quote from: Axl on KROQ
DJ: The cd is coming out later this year?
Axl: Yes, absolutely.

Late 2006

Quote from: Axl's open letter
It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

I find it funny how all you "LONG TIME" fans can conveneiently forget this chain of events, and say that we have never received promises from Axl or the band or management before....and excuse me if, to me, it looks like history is repeating itself.

Let me reiterate, this has been a great year for GnR, and I'l love as much as anyone for the album to be out yesterday....but until i get a release date from Geffen i'm not believing shit from anybody. Tongue suck on that peace

and crowebar i find it amazing that you can kiss both Jarmo's and axl asses at the same time so proficiently, tahts quite a feat my freind ok

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2007, 11:21:21 AM »

well neemo.....   none of these quotes, except for merck`s in 2005 and axl?s 2006 quotes sound really convincing do they? a tentative release date is a little more precise and promising.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Axlzroxchic
Opening Act

"I Think About You"......

« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2007, 11:25:23 AM »

He said its coming and we've waited this long already, so who cares?? I think Axl likes to build suspense.? So just wait because it will eventually be here.

nicely said . and as Axl himself said, "dont hold your breath, I hear waiting for gods arrival has greater payoff." .well something like that anyone. the Man himself is not certain of the date. .. He's a perfectionist, and WILL deliver the BEST....i know i CANT wait, but am waiting patiently...why beat a dead horse and wonder about what we already know...... peace

"This Melody Inside of Me, Still Searches For Solution"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2007, 11:28:18 AM »

well neemo.....? ?none of these quotes, except for merck`s in 2005 and axl?s 2006 quotes sound really convincing do they? a tentative release date is a little more precise and promising.....

i dunno if its only "Tentative" its not really promising, many people have stated that tentaive only means ballpark date, whats the difference between that and definately this year or Summer 2000 or crap like that....i dunno i guess its hard to explain how i'm torn on this subject.......those sound(ed) pretty solid to me....like i said...as a band GnR has had a great year and it was the best time to be a GnR fan since slash left....on the album release front its still the same old shit... Undecided

sorry to appear negative....i'm not really....i just get so frustrated hearing the same thing over and over and some of you people are blind to it...its very puzzling confused
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:29:51 AM by Neemo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: