Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 56652 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2007, 04:04:49 PM »

There's a lot of people who don't complain at all, they just don't post that much.

/jarmo

Right on. Sometimes it's much better to just observe.....I've found it to be less time and energy consuming, more healthy overall, and actually more fun at times.... Grin

Also, I met a couple of people repeatedly on the shows I went to throughout the US, which in my opinion were some of the coolest and most dedicated gn'r fans I've ever seen. Despite being members here and on other boards, these people very rarely post, let alone complain. Made me re-evaluate my view of and behaviour on the boards..... Wink

Sorry for the off-topic.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2007, 04:22:34 PM »

?
Not that he doesn't care his letter showed us that he does. But fuck it seems like everyone wants an update breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Get a fuckin' grip on reality. It's gonna be a great GNR Year.

I think it must be newer Guns fans that are getting impatient and complaining. I'm new to this board but have been waiting for this album for about 10 years.  So for someone like me, the recent flurry of activity (touring, announcements, etc.) is exciting as hell and there's nothing at all to complain about.  Just think how far things have come from about a year ago.

It will be out sometime this spring or summer, that's good enough for me.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2007, 04:26:55 PM »

Attention everyone, especially you negative-minded posters....... nervous Shocked nervous

Axl said the album would be out so therefore, the album will be out. yes

That being said, shut the fuck up and just live your lives until said album is out. rant Angry

Thank you very fucking much for your co-operation in this matter!!! hihi beer

No offense, but do you really think a post telling everyone to shut the f--- up is really the way to get everyone to chill out who has been whining ? How about a simple shhhhhhhh !!!

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2007, 04:33:54 PM »

Didn't I hear somewhere that February is Chinese New Year. Seems like the perfect time to get the promotion rolling... but we'll see ....

"Tentative" sounds better than "soon".

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2007, 04:41:28 PM »

tentative sounds like a cop out. but i hope im wrong!!!
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2007, 05:01:38 PM »

100% agreed.  Sounds like he finally buckeled in under the presure to set a date.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2007, 05:02:56 PM »

100% agreed.? Sounds like he finally buckeled in under the presure to set a date.

Or maybe the album is almost finished ok

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2007, 05:20:30 PM »

It looks like Harley-Davidson has pulled the "check back soon for the upcoming song Better" from their Black Sheep Ad on the website.

I wonder if GNR have a new marketing plan and it does not include this ad.

I quess we will have to wait and see... Grin

« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 05:35:29 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2007, 05:25:05 PM »

Axl said in the Letter, that they would drop the january dates because they wanted to concentrate on the promoting of Guns N Roses next album.
So? Does people know what that mean? Like tings is right now, it will be out in March, coz we still havent heard anything else.. They are planning the release as we speak, so i dont get why some people think that the album still isnt finished.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2007, 05:36:22 PM »

100% agreed.  Sounds like he finally buckeled in under the presure to set a date.

Or maybe the album is almost finished ok

Wow this album has been almost finished for a long time now, hasn't it!?  ok
Lets guess how "soon" the next "tentative" release date will be announced and how many more times Axl can lay down the "Final Vocals" before the end of 2006!!!  Oh wait!!! We're in 2007 already?? Wow, time really does fly when you're having fun, counting down the tuesdays that Chinese Democracy has not been released, that is  rofl ) But everything must be going okay now since Axl, oh excuse me - Beta, wrote us a letter telling us how sorry Axl really is!! Guys lets just stay positive about this whole situation because evidence clearly supports the idea that the album is done and it's just Managements fault for not promoting it!! I mean it really shouldn't matter that Universal doesn't have the cd yet because it's always a smart marketing plan to promote a product you don't have  Grin For all you negative nancy's on here, don't complain!!! The album is "coming soon". Sorry that one was used back in 2002  Tongue I'll try again. The album is done and "there are only 13 tuesday's left in the year"!!! Wait, sorry!! Did I screw up again??
Last try, I promise  Grin "March 6"!!!

Hmm... In regards to all of Jarmo's complaining about being "negative". I completely understand his rationale that after being let down year after year, with Axl's word being broken year after year, it's not at all in human nature to complain  Grin
Keep your heads up guys and don't you dare voice your opinion!!! 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and now 2007 is finally the year of Chinese Democracy!!!

"Hey, Axl, put the thing out- it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver"
~Rolling Stone Magazine
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »

Axl said in the Letter, that they would drop the january dates because they wanted to concentrate on the promoting of Guns N Roses next album.
So? Does people know what that mean? Like tings is right now, it will be out in March, coz we still havent heard anything else.. They are planning the release as we speak, so i dont get why some people think that the album still isnt finished.

I think some of the concern for some is the whole eight weeks thing specified by Axl (hence the title and purpose of the thread).  To some, it doesn't make much sense to cancel the four remaining dates if the album was suppose to be in last week to make the tentative date of March 6.  Generally, and I do emphasis the word generally, the release of a single marks the beginning of eight week period Axl was speaking of.  There are exceptions, and perhaps when Axl said eight weeks he was including the inital marketing plans and meetings concerning the single. 

Who really knows.  The point of the thread is just exactly that: it's eight weeks from March 6th and some would like to hear something by now.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »

Keep your heads up guys and don't you dare voice your opinion!!! 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and now 2007 is finally the year of Chinese Democracy!!!

How many times in the past did you have a tentative release date?

Keep comparing apples and oranges. You're very good at it.

So, let's play your "everything is just like it was in the past  crying " game:

In January 2007 we have: A tentative release date in March. The band finished touring in December after playing in Europe and North America with several sold out shows.

January 2006 we had: No tentative release date and no tours.
January 2005 we had: No tentative release date and no tours.
January 2004 we had: No tentative release date and no tours.
January 2003 we had: No tentative release date and in the previous year a few shows in Asia and Europe plus a tour that ended too early.
January 2002 we had: No tentative release date and no tours. Rcok In Rio 3 was a year ago.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2007, 06:03:05 PM »

So, let's play your "everything is just like it was in the past? crying " game:

In January 2007 we have: A tentative release date in March. The band finished touring in December after playing in Europe and North America with several sold out shows.

January 2003 we had: No tentative release date and in the previous year a few shows in Asia and Europe plus a tour that ended too early.
January 2002 we had: No tentative release date and no tours. Rcok In Rio 3 was a year ago.

/jarmo

Dont forget from 1994 till early 2001 we had ALMOST NO INFORMATION AT ALL..(with the exception of a short Rolling Stone interview, and the phone interview with Kurt Loder)..let alone a tentative release date....Every date that has come and gone between 1994 and now was pure speculation by someone other than the band...this is the first ever date the band has given us...how come so many people have trouble understanding that?
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2007, 06:05:47 PM »

/jarmo

I'm happy for a tentative release date, but is it unfounded to be just a little weary considering this is Guns N' Roses we're talking about?  You even said yourself Jarmo when the album failed to materialize in 2006.  I do think that Axl believes in the March 6th date, and that's a good thing.  In the end, I suppose a release date that Axl believes in is the best he can give the fans right now.  It's not like he could have said, "March 6th, but realistically, June 5th."  But anyone who's followed this band as much and as long as some of us know it's hard to take their word without some level of cynicism.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2007, 06:10:52 PM »

To me, tentative means that, if things go as planned, that IS the expected release date.  But it isn't set in stone, because there were (at the time of the letter) still things to be done (which Axl said were "minor").  I don't think it's a cop out.  Maybe by setting a tentative date, Axl is hoping to pressure himself to keep up with a timeline, so that there aren't further delays?  No matter what, a release date, albeit tentative, is good news to me.  They announced it about 12 weeks before that date.  They could miss it by 20% and still release in March.  To announce a March date equates with little enough to do that, should things go smoothly, it can be done by then.  Things may not go smoothly, but we do know there isn't that much more to be done.  Cheer up, doomsayers!  ok

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2007, 06:12:38 PM »

LISTEN ITS GONA COME OUTTT..DONT WORRY..JUS STOP TALKIN ABOUT IT!
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2007, 06:15:12 PM »

LISTEN ITS GONA COME OUTTT..DONT WORRY..JUS STOP TALKIN ABOUT IT!

So what would you have us do at a message board?

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2007, 06:28:29 PM »

/jarmo

Let's compare then.
January 2007 we had: No album
January 2006 we had: No album
January 2005 we had: No album
January 2004 we had: No album
January 2003 we had: No album
January 2002 we had: No album

Everything looks the same to me  ok

~Rolling Stone Magazine
cineater
Legend

« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2007, 06:40:47 PM »

I think it's different and I've been here since 99. 

One big difference is Axl.  He's in the public eye, before it was like a bigfoot sighting if you saw him.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2007, 06:41:51 PM »

I think it's different and I've been here since 99. 

One big difference is Axl.  He's in the public eye, before it was like a bigfoot sighting if you saw him.

I guess 2002 was just one long Bigfoot sighting then...

~Rolling Stone Magazine
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: