Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 08:50:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl sang with perfect circle ??? anyone know ??
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl sang with perfect circle ??? anyone know ??  (Read 10210 times)
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« on: January 02, 2007, 01:47:24 AM »

anyone know something...some jackass...said something about it....i think is bullshit....and i hope so
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 01:50:02 AM »

they are not around at this time.  Maynard is with tool, but freese was with Guns at one point

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 01:53:48 AM »

he said axl was suposse to be the singer of a perfect circle....in the beging !!!
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 01:59:20 AM »

Axl is in the 'Special Thanks' section of Mer De Norms.

That doesn't help, but that's my Maynard/Axl connection.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 02:03:03 AM »

Who's Perfect Circle?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 02:07:54 AM »

Who's Perfect Circle?

Seriously?

Kind of like an all star band. Maynard from Tool and Josh Freese played in it. They released 1.5 good albums. You should check out Mer De Noms.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 02:25:29 AM »

Who's Perfect Circle?

Seriously?

Kind of like an all star band. Maynard from Tool and Josh Freese played in it. They released 1.5 good albums. You should check out Mer De Noms.

Yeah seriously. Okay...  Smiley

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 02:34:31 AM »

Who's Perfect Circle?

Perfect Circle is a shitty band who consisted of some members of an even shittier band named Tool...actually Tool makes A Perfect Circle look like the Rolling Stones...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 02:36:50 AM »

I thought Josh Freeze took some of the music created during his Chinese Democracy sessions with him when he recorded for APC. Axl apparently gave his permission to do so.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
hurushott
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 03:04:20 AM »

Billy Howerdel, the fonding member of a Perfect Circle, was once a guitar tech for Guns N Roses. But besides this and the Josh freese thing, thats the end.? I doubt Axl would sing for a band that he does not have control over.
Gordi
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 03:24:56 AM »

I thought Josh Freeze took some of the music created during his Chinese Democracy sessions with him when he recorded for APC. Axl apparently gave his permission to do so.

Really? So there is some discarded CD stuff on one of the APC albums? Which one?
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 04:31:32 AM »

I dont think that there is anything on APC Cd's that would have much to do with gnr, maybe there are a few beats that freese thought of while under GNR contract.  I thought that the thanks was for letting freese out of his contract or something.  The fact remains that TOOl and APC arent that bad, but you have to say they are terrible to counteract all their fanboys who shout to high heaven that they are the greatest band on earth.  Ive seen both bands and what I will always remember is EODM didnt get booed nearly as much as APC when APC opened up for NIN and at that time APC was much better known that EODM and APC has a much more similar fanbase to NIN that EODM has to GNR.  Fact is if they were the best band ever they wouldnt be booed offstage ever by their target audience.  THey arent as horrible as non fans say, but you have to go far left to even have a conversation with one of their fans.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 05:36:34 AM »

APC was (is?) quit a good band and i don't think we need to talk about TOOL. They are amazing.
Concerning the connection of AXL to APC : Besides the linernotes in APC's debut (Josh Freese thanks Axl) i never heard of anything in particular..

anyone?

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 06:03:30 AM »

GOD I HOPE NOT , APC is a boring band cloned from an even more boring band.....tool.... every song sounds exactly the same

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 06:16:06 AM »

okay... Let's not get into a discussion of Tool here, and if you're only writing to say how much the bands suck, You suck. Find another thread.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 06:17:41 AM »

Having Axl and Maynard share vocals on a APC would definitely rock, but that's also the closest you get to a connection.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »

Billy Howerdel (APC Guitarist) used to be an engineer or something for GnR, and Freese was working with GnR at the time, I think that howerdel wrote some of the songs for axl but he passed on them so billy decided to make his own band, and maynard agreed to sing with him

APC was Billy Howerdel's band...maynard just did some singing for him, Axl is thanked in the credits of Mer De Noms, APC's first album but he never sang for them that i'm aware of peace

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 10:48:56 AM »

Wasn't he Axl's guitar tech?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 10:51:39 AM »

Wasn't he Axl's guitar tech?

i think he was called like billy sunshine or gary sunshine.. the guitar tech that is
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 10:52:32 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Howerdel

says he was a guitar tech for Faith No More, Fishbone, David Bowie, The Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Guns N' Roses, and numerous other bands.

and worked with tool as a roadie and protools tech during Aenima tour

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: