Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:04:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Skid Row thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Skid Row thread  (Read 84789 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2004, 01:29:16 PM »

I know there has been a topic about this but whatever I don't care.

I have gotten Thickskin and I know it didn't make the charts or sell at all because of the lack of promotion but this album is very very good. It is a great rock n' roll record. Different drummer and singer, the drummer doesn't really matter that much but the singer change is a little weird but he's alright. Nothing like Bach but good.

There are 6 songs on there I adore. Does anyone have the cd? I give it 4 out of 5 stars. I like the song "One Light" alot and "Think is the Skin" "Ghost" is great too.

The best song on the album is probably "One Light" "I Remember You Two" is stupid and it fucks up the song all the way.

GET THIS ALBUM guys... Skid Row rules

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2004, 02:44:25 PM »

I love the band. The new singer may not be Bach but he's good, when Thickskin came out i was praising it in this thread, go back a few pages to see dude ok  The weakest songs on the album IMO are 'Thick Is The Skin' & 'New Generation' but the album is utter class.  They cover such a wide range and have old school Skid Row songs and plenty of good new shit i recommend everyone to buy it, ignore the bad reviews ok  I saw them live in November supporting it and they put on a fantastic show playing new and old stuff, once again my review of that gig is a few pages back.  I also think they have done a damn good cover of their song 'I Remember You', i really love 'I Remember You Two'
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 02:45:37 PM by Stoned » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2004, 05:00:44 PM »

I also think they have done a damn good cover of their song 'I Remember You', i really love 'I Remember You Two'

Come on man, "I Remember You Two" sucks ass. It is the wrong beat for that song, the original blows it to hell and then back again.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2004, 04:32:08 AM »

I also think they have done a damn good cover of their song 'I Remember You', i really love 'I Remember You Two'

Come on man, "I Remember You Two" sucks ass. It is the wrong beat for that song, the original blows it to hell and then back again.

I still prefer the original dude but i think both are great, i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2004, 10:25:29 AM »

i do know that johnny said something about the video. if i rember correct they are done filming it.... and will soon be released...
Well after all this time the video has definately been released for sure.  I was watching SCUZZ today here in the UK (channel 471) and i thought fuck i recognise this song, and this band and to my amazement it was The New Skid Row w/ the Ghost video.  I was really pumped to see they've got some more publicity.  The video was a good bach hihi to basics old school thing not much money spent but fun to watch and Johnny Solinger looked pretty damn cool and Snake looked a bit younger than his has been looking lately anyway for anyone in the UK who wants to see it watch SCUZZ (Channel 471 ok)
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2004, 08:45:01 AM »

i do know that johnny said something about the video. if i rember correct they are done filming it.... and will soon be released...
Well after all this time the video has definately been released for sure. ?I was watching SCUZZ today here in the UK (channel 471) and i thought fuck i recognise this song, and this band and to my amazement it was The New Skid Row w/ the Ghost video. ?I was really pumped to see they've got some more publicity. ?The video was a good bach hihi to basics old school thing not much money spent but fun to watch and Johnny Solinger looked pretty damn cool and Snake looked a bit younger than his has been looking lately anyway for anyone in the UK who wants to see it watch SCUZZ (Channel 471 ok)

wow.. so it finaly got made?? never seen it though.... johnny is the best frontman i have ever seen live so far, he really interacted with the crowd... even shoock hands! Cheesy

really hope something new comes from skid row soon!!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2004, 09:40:27 AM »

Well after all this time the video has definately been released for sure. ?I was watching SCUZZ today here in the UK (channel 471) and i thought fuck i recognise this song, and this band and to my amazement it was The New Skid Row w/ the Ghost video. ?I was really pumped to see they've got some more publicity. ?The video was a good bach hihi to basics old school thing not much money spent but fun to watch and Johnny Solinger looked pretty damn cool and Snake looked a bit younger than his has been looking lately anyway for anyone in the UK who wants to see it watch SCUZZ (Channel 471 ok)

wow.. so it finaly got made?? never seen it though.... johnny is the best frontman i have ever seen live so far, he really interacted with the crowd... even shoock hands! Cheesy

really hope something new comes from skid row soon!!
You're right dude he is class at interacting with the crowd you would think he wrote the songs he's so into them he seems really passionate about the old tracks just as much as the new which is great to see.  I really hope something happens soon but their website hardly ever get's updated [sounds familiar Wink ] and when it does it's pointless news but yeah the video did finally get made and like i said it's class ok
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 09:47:12 AM by Stoned » Logged
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2004, 06:17:12 PM »

Its alright not the greatest

EEEERRRR Little boy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2004, 04:48:31 PM »

Tim DiDuro has been named as the drummer for SKID ROW. ?DiDuro from Orlando, FL. will replace Phil Varone who abruptly left the band due to "personal reasons." Tim was signed on to play for the first leg of SKID ROW's 2004 World Tour which starts in Vernal, UT in February and runs into Europe in April. He will also appear in the new SKID ROW video for "Ghost."

i just remembered, in Norway, it was Phil playing drums... atleast thats what Johnny said.. the drummer, Phil! he said...

so i guess he is back in... mr. Varone that is... ?peace

That's damn weird if he was you would expect them to post something on their site

i know... when ?he got introduced i was like... wasnt he suposed to be out? but it rocked anyway... :p

but johnny may have said wrong, but i find that hard to believe to. and i know it was Phil the drummer was called. i wasnt drunk, so...

but then again, you would belvie that GNR would have posted something on their website about anything.... ?hihi so it might be delayed or just a lazy ass webmaster ?Tongue

Ok Captain, since their site seems to be updated once a year ive gone digging round some message boards and it seems he is definately back in here's a copy of someone's post:

Skid Row Past And Present
For all fans of Skid Row, past & present!

Return to Website

Reply   Forum

Subject:   Phil back and rockin with the band
Name:   Chris
Date Posted:   Apr 3, 04 - 8:08 AM
IP Address:   80.111.197.217
Message:   Me and a friend caught the band at the club John Dee inn Oslo. The show started a bit late cause the band was checking out the TNT show upstairs. (At least thats what we were told).

When the show finally started we were already pretty drunk and ready to rock. I think they started with Slave to The Grind and it rocked!!! Johnny did that tune great and the rest of the show kicked ass.

Anyways....about half way trough the second song i noticed that it was Phil playing drums and i started wonder if i had to much to drink maybe.....not so....it was Phil and that was a nice surprise considered i was a little ****** when i read about him quiting. I havent read anywhere that he is back in the band and wonder if someone has any info on this.

Chris
Dizzy
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2004, 06:31:43 PM »

Anyone heard the song "Forever" by the original Skid Row?

It appeared as a bonus track on their greatest hits album Forty Seasons.? If you haven't heard this song, download, buy the damn CD, or something.? "Forever" is far and away the best Skid Row song ever, Sebastian's vocals on it are some of the greatest ever recorded by any singer.? It was recorded in 1988, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why it was left off their first album.? It's better than every song on it.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2004, 02:18:22 AM »

Anyone heard the song "Forever" by the original Skid Row?
I have to agree it is amazing, i did not realise it was so old though i assumed they recorded after Subhuman and would of used it on a new album if they had not split up because that song is pure class it makes the greatest hits album worth picking up.  Why the fuck would you leave a track like that off any album??
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2004, 10:39:41 AM »

Skid Row without Bach is like the Doors without Jim Morrison.

What`s the point? I`ve heard 1 or 2 new songs by them, not impressive.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2004, 03:26:14 PM »

Skid Row without Bach is like the Doors without Jim Morrison.

What`s the point? I`ve heard 1 or 2 new songs by them, not impressive.
The point is they have 3 original members and they want to go on and are still putting out good music Van Halen & Iron Maiden managed it and bands like Guns N' Roses have changed numerous members and most of us here still have faith and support the band.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2005, 10:12:56 AM »

from www.hardradio.com:

SKID ROW bassist Rachel Bolan has contacted us with news that the band "are in the midst of writing the new SR record and looking at a May release." In the meantime, Rachel has been working with his other band, THE QUAZIMOTORS. He states, "Skid aren't taking a break but I always need to create. The Quazimotors stuff is hard to describe. It's a three piece with two singers (myself and the guitar player). I've heard it described as, 'If Johnny Cash and Iggy Pop were to write songs on a 10 day bender', so that works for me Smiley"
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2005, 03:44:58 PM »

from www.hardradio.com:

SKID ROW bassist Rachel Bolan has contacted us with news that the band "are in the midst of writing the new SR record and looking at a May release." In the meantime, Rachel has been working with his other band, THE QUAZIMOTORS. He states, "Skid aren't taking a break but I always need to create. The Quazimotors stuff is hard to describe. It's a three piece with two singers (myself and the guitar player). I've heard it described as, 'If Johnny Cash and Iggy Pop were to write songs on a 10 day bender', so that works for me Smiley"

that is so fucking awesome!!!! maybe theyll tour in this summer too!!! bolan is one badass bassist!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2005, 03:55:16 PM »

from www.hardradio.com:

that is so fucking awesome!!!! maybe theyll tour in this summer too!!! bolan is one badass bassist!
Definately, i can't wait to see them perform again.  Long time no see dude, we're probably still the only 2 fans of the new band on this board, we've made up a good majority of this thread hihi
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2005, 04:07:38 PM »

from www.hardradio.com:

Definately, i can't wait to see them perform again.  Long time no see dude, we're probably still the only 2 fans of the new band on this board, we've made up a good majority of this thread hihi

well, all the other sucks! :p (no offence to the offended)
the skids rules! Cheesy
wich reminds me, i must listen to the new album, right now! been ages since... god, a disgrace!

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2005, 06:43:10 PM »

i got the new skid rows album, thickskin and its alright, the singer is nothing i mean nothing compared to sabo.

thats why i got that sabo album bring em bach alive.

html sucks
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2005, 07:40:08 PM »

i got the new skid rows album, thickskin and its alright, the singer is nothing i mean nothing compared to sabo.

thats why i got that sabo album bring em bach alive.
Bach is a better vocalist but his quality of new tracks on that CD is medicore, Thickskin's tracks are far better, the live stuff on Bring 'em Bach Alive is good though but i have bootlegs of the old band i was hoping for more new tracks and good ones as well.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »

do you have any of skid rows previous albums.

self titled, slave to the grind and subhuman race?

i got those and b-side ourselves and most other stuff they let out.

i also downloaded a live bootleg named *gutter punks* but its when they first came out with self-titled and i dont like that album because it sounds to 80's to me.

im not a fan of the 80's. Some very good rock bands came out then i will agree. But the fashion was the most annoying especially van halen with hagar and those flourescent pnik and yellow trousers lol.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: