Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:45:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  poltics of this board
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: poltics of this board  (Read 67940 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2006, 11:51:56 PM »

Dave has defended and supported the new band to no end for many years now.  I think that should be acknowledged and given it's due. 

Ali
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2006, 11:53:13 PM »

Oh really? The guy basically says everything they say to us fans are lies.

That's not exactly respect.

I think he's on a crusade after he found out his comments aren't appreciated.

This is coming from the guy currently being puppeted by the band into controlling what fans on his message board are saying.

Get a grip, my friend.
FairyLace
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2006, 11:55:21 PM »

Yeah just because he question, has his own brain and his own opinions doesnt make him any less than a fan.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2006, 11:55:53 PM »

For real...we're beyond off-topic at this point. ?How about a "personal attacks" thread for mods and members to get all this pent-up frustration out? ? ? beer
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2006, 11:56:01 PM »

Page 35 = massive fucking shit storm!  I feel like running into the street to yell "HTGTH FIGHT!"

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2006, 11:56:39 PM »

Well, that might be what you think but that doesn't mean your assumptions are correct.

I don't think Dave's sole purpose is to go around and accuse people of lying. He has noticed inconsistancies and has commented on them like any intelligent person would do. There's nothing wrong or disrespectful there. These type of discussions/debates are completely healthy. It's sweeping everything under the rug that does no good.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2006, 11:57:01 PM »

/jarmo

The only one using the liar word is you and beta. You dont have the respect of posters who disagree with what the band says. Getting the TRUTH is getting BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY but this board just gets the bands. When the other side is told you call that person a liar. That is not respect. If anyone is being disrespectful its you and beta esp by your comments.

God forbid for the first time (well two ) I saying something opposite from the band and now I am a ?hater and a liar? I guess I am dark vader now in your eyes eh?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2006, 11:57:16 PM »

This is coming from the guy currently being puppeted by the band into controlling what fans on his message board are saying.

Get a grip, my friend.

That's exactly the kind of statement dave would usually make. Look for some reason why it can't be true, why what he's being told is lies.

You are the one who needs to get a grip.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2006, 11:57:37 PM »

Page 35 = massive fucking shit storm!? I feel like running into the street to yell "HTGTH FIGHT!"

Like I said in another thread. ?I think we should get someone to represent dave and someone to represent jarmo. ?Appoint a judge, assemble a jury and have a trial here on HTGTH.
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2006, 11:59:05 PM »

I love this board.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2006, 12:02:12 AM »

I could seriously care less about these 'issues.'

We have a tentative release date and an idea how much of the album is left to complete.

If you people want to skirmish over the table scraps, then I wish you would go back to the thread in the admin section.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2006, 12:02:19 AM »

Get a grip, my friend.

That's exactly the kind of statement dave would usually make. Look for some reason why it can't be true, why what he's being told is lies.

I'm not saying that anything is factually inaccurate, to my knowledge it's not.

But to discount everyone else's opinion except that of the band is terrible.

"Axl says the sky is blue"

"But I saw the sky turn purple once..."

"NO THE SKY IS BLUE DAMNIT, WHY ARE YOU DIRESPECTING THE BAND"

I've only read like 3 pages of this thread and that's the impression that I'm getting.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2006, 12:02:26 AM »

Get a grip, my friend.

You (and Dave nowadays) seem like the kind of guys who'd go see GN'R only so you can yell "asshole" at them.

I go there to have a good time and enjoy the show.

That's the difference between us.

You wanna talk about respect?

Always assuming the band lies to you, that's not respect.

Yeah just because he question, has his own brain and his own opinions doesnt make him any less than a fan.

No, but to constantly put down the band because that's the only thing that makes sense to him.

I wouldn't call that kind of a person a fan.

What kind of a fan acts like this:

Band: We sold out venue X
Fan: No, there's still tickets left. Liars.
Then a few weeks later the box office info clearly says it was sold out.

Band: We unfortunately can't play this show because....
Fan: Liars, the papers say...
Always taking the other side. Like the press is objective. Negativity and scandals sell.

Band: Here's a press release
Fan: The band didn't write it, it's all lies!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2006, 12:03:51 AM »

It's disappointing to see so much arguing and personal attacking going on around here in the midst of the best news we've had in a long, long time.? ?Perhaps we all need a bit of a break so we can realize just how good it's been being a GnR fan this year...
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2006, 12:05:41 AM »

Get a grip, my friend.

You are the one who needs to get a grip.

I'm sorry but you haven't got a clue as to what Dave is about. Dave has always been one of GNR's biggest and loudest supporters and is pretty well-known in the GNR internet community for his enthusiasm over the band.

Dave has been looking at things with more of an open mind lately and is vocal about when he notices an inconsistancy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make him less of a fan or a hater. This attitude towards someone who uses their brain has got to stop.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2006, 12:09:14 AM »

Jarmo, what happened to you? What happened to the fair man that ran a community geared for great discussion and debate?

He's probably getting paid.

I don't know why else someone would spend his waking hours monitoring a thread for negative comments that are only negative comments in the eyes of what the band says are negative comments.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2006, 12:14:31 AM »

I'm sorry but you haven't got a clue as to what Dave is about. Dave has always been one of GNR's biggest and loudest supporters and is pretty well-known in the GNR internet community for his enthusiasm over the band.

Has

He used to be enthusiastic. I know that myself.

I remember when he was being made fun of becuse he was so into the band.

Nowadays he spends his time complaining about the band lies to him all the time.

Dave has been looking at things with more of an open mind lately and is vocal about when he notices an inconsistancy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make him less of a fan or a hater. This attitude towards someone who uses their brain has got to stop.

So just because he starts thinking he's being lied to by the band he's using his brain and those of us who think otherwise aren't?

That's nice....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2006, 12:16:25 AM »

Yeah, the same dave who was using his brain when he thought Latigo Hammers was Axl

Lips Sealed

haha
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2006, 12:20:08 AM »

Has

He used to be enthusiastic. I know that myself.

I remember when he was being made fun of becuse he was so into the band.

Nowadays he spends his time complaining about the band lies to him all the time.

So just because he starts thinking he's being lied to by the band he's using his brain and those of us who think otherwise aren't?

That's nice....

/jarmo

jarmo here is your problem
I disagree with something the band says and instead of disagreeing with that and respecting that you call me a liar. Gee I wonder why you think I am negative. If you just disagreed and moved on stuff like this would not happen. But to get the whole truth you have to look at both sides and not just one but you think  everything not coming from the band is a lie, which we all know its not

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2006, 12:22:30 AM »

No, but to constantly put down the band because that's the only thing that makes sense to him.

I wouldn't call that kind of a person a fan.

What kind of a fan acts like this:

Band: We sold out venue X
Fan: No, there's still tickets left. Liars.
Then a few weeks later the box office info clearly says it was sold out.

Band: We unfortunately can't play this show because....
Fan: Liars, the papers say...
Always taking the other side. Like the press is objective. Negativity and scandals sell.

Band: Here's a press release
Fan: The band didn't write it, it's all lies!

You obviously have your own definition of what a fan is but that doesn't mean it is correct. I used to think like you when I was a young teenager, but then I grew up and realized that my "heros" are flawed, human, beings just like the rest of us and it's okay to criticize them just like you would anyone else. It doesn't make you less of a fan. It just means you don't blindly support someone.

The fact is that GNR has been surrounded by a lot of negativity over the past decade or so. So it is completely natural for a fan to have a negative reaction when something bad happens because in the past they would have been correct. GNR are working hard to improve that image and they are doing a good job so far, but they have a long way to go before the bad memories are erased. Not to mention that the band isn't going to be 100% honest with us all of the time. I don't mean that as a slam, it's just a simple fact of the business. People in the business spin all the time. So of course people are going to be wondering what is true or not, especially
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: