Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:52:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Define EMO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Define EMO  (Read 12885 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2006, 07:50:53 PM »

This whole emo phase is gonna be over once Chinese Democracy is out? smoking

theres gonna be alot of other brands of shitty music that will die when CHINESE DEMOCRACY is out yes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
aimz
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2006, 08:10:31 AM »

emo is............girls that slit their rists (i no its stereotypical but its true)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? boys and girls have the same hair style (ie. fringe in face)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?boys wear their 6 year old sisters trousers half way down their ass and they think it looks good on them
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? they hate the taste of alcahol (though i dont know why?)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? they pretend there in to modern metal music but thats just a cover up for liking crap bands like? ?'bring me the horizon' andparamore
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? they are constantly deppressed and think their gods gift to everyone......they should just die..i think its what they would want anyway!!!!? ? ? ? ? ? ?
 ?...bmth? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ..paramore
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2006, 02:21:05 PM »

just off topic, i'm growing my hair long, i want some tips how to have it so i don't look emo!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
aimz
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2006, 05:54:52 PM »

just off topic, i'm growing my hair long, i want some tips how to have it so i don't look emo!
cool! if you want some tips so you dont look emo, just dont have your hair like anyone in the pictures above...ok ok so dont have a long fringe in your face and you should be fine Wink
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2006, 06:13:18 PM »

EMO was cool in capital cities for about a year.  Now its over and no-one likes it.  Emo died.  A quick death, thank the lord.   Grin

Its basically a trend clouded in fakeness and posing.  No-one is who they say they are, or believes in what they are saying.  Its quite the most pathetic thing ever.

However, boys with long hair are quite fantastical.  Cheesy

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2006, 06:41:17 PM »

EMO was cool

No!  Never!   rant
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2006, 07:51:59 PM »

emo is............girls that slit their rists (i no its stereotypical but its true)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? boys and girls have the same hair style (ie. fringe in face)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?boys wear their 6 year old sisters trousers half way down their ass and they think it looks good on them
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? they hate the taste of alcahol (though i dont know why?)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? they pretend there in to modern metal music but thats just a cover up for liking crap bands like? ?'bring me the horizon' andparamore
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? they are constantly deppressed and think their gods gift to everyone......they should just die..i think its what they would want anyway!!!!

i agree ok

EMO was cool in capital cities for about a year.

hellz no i agree with Easy E on this one. btw i got long hair  smoking

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2006, 08:34:58 PM »

EMO was cool in capital cities for about a year.  Now its over and no-one likes it.  Emo died.  A quick death, thank the lord.   Grin

Its basically a trend clouded in fakeness and posing.  No-one is who they say they are, or believes in what they are saying.  Its quite the most pathetic thing ever.

However, boys with long hair are quite fantastical.  Cheesy

its far from dead over here.

html sucks
aimz
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2006, 09:11:54 AM »

its far from dead over here.
i agree, my mate used to be into all this modern metal stuff and now she slits her rists and acts all emo......its like everybody is following the crowd when it comes to being an emo,people who are emo are just doing it because everyone else (well not everyone but most people) are doing it too....maybe one day thy'll realise how stupid they look. hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2006, 09:42:47 AM »

all it takes is for some badass band to come out, change the face of the planet and they all get owned.

html sucks
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2006, 02:57:40 PM »

"emo" is just the modern branch of the species of music that sprouted the shoegazing/goth/electronica/indie-pop bands in the 80s and 90s. Like any other "movement" in music, it'll grow up, get a haircut, start wearing slippers and hand over the reigns to the next generation of bastardized mutant white music. If you want someone to blame may I suggest; college radio stations.

There hasn't been a "new" genre of music since rap, and that's only just reached it's "gotta pay the bills or they'll repo my escalade, time to sell-out and make gap commercials" phase.
RIFF-RAFF
Headliner

I'm a special drunkard... I drink too much

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2006, 05:34:57 PM »

all it takes is for some badass band to come out, change the face of the planet and they all get owned.

Guns N' Roses would be that badass band that is going to wipe them out

"I was annoyed that Bon wasn't given the respect due when he was alive."

Brian Johnson

LESBIANS!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2006, 05:38:58 PM »

"emo" is just the modern branch of the species of music that sprouted the shoegazing/goth/electronica/indie-pop bands in the 80s and 90s. Like any other "movement" in music, it'll grow up, get a haircut, start wearing slippers and hand over the reigns to the next generation of bastardized mutant white music. If you want someone to blame may I suggest; college radio stations.

There hasn't been a "new" genre of music since rap, and that's only just reached it's "gotta pay the bills or they'll repo my escalade, time to sell-out and make gap commercials" phase.
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

html sucks
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2006, 08:45:18 PM »

Ugh.  I said cool as in Popular.  People followed it because they thought it was the 'trendy' thing to do.

Well in Brisneylandddd (Brisbane) its pretty much dead.  The only people who follow the trend now are considered posers.  Everyone who was originally in the emo scene abandoned it and became like a little hardxcore kid or whatever.

The point being, the trendsetters in Brisbane have abandoned it because its pretty much lame.

Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2006, 08:46:31 PM »

btw i got long hair? smoking

Sweet.  Smiley I had a dream I was with slash last night.  So at the moment... Im not looking for anyone less than him.  Wink

Hysteron
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2006, 02:04:53 AM »

Electric Metal Orpheus
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2006, 02:40:59 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEJDGLF-e18

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2006, 03:20:56 AM »

bastardized mutant white music

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Toneless, rhythmless, soulless, whiney musical crimes created by and for whiney middle-class white kids with spikey, choppy highlighted hair. You know, like, uh, pop music. Music derived from styles which were derived from styles which were derived from styles created generations ago by people who had balls. Styles which have been neutered, gene-spliced and hermetically sealed so as to be as bland, inoffensive and tasteless as possible. Generally leaning more towards the tasteless part.
aimz
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2006, 04:09:31 AM »

100% true...this video is so funny peace
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2006, 06:21:15 AM »

bastardized mutant white music

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Toneless, rhythmless, soulless, whiney musical crimes created by and for whiney middle-class white kids with spikey, choppy highlighted hair. You know, like, uh, pop music. Music derived from styles which were derived from styles which were derived from styles created generations ago by people who had balls. Styles which have been neutered, gene-spliced and hermetically sealed so as to be as bland, inoffensive and tasteless as possible. Generally leaning more towards the tasteless part.

youll find there is alot of very shit black music around also. take 50 cent.

but yes i agree that there is alot of shit music, however i do not agree that only white people make crap music now.

html sucks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: