Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:31:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Define EMO
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Define EMO  (Read 12856 times)
aimz
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2006, 06:35:29 AM »

bastardized mutant white music

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Toneless, rhythmless, soulless, whiney musical crimes created by and for whiney middle-class white kids with spikey, choppy highlighted hair. You know, like, uh, pop music. Music derived from styles which were derived from styles which were derived from styles created generations ago by people who had balls. Styles which have been neutered, gene-spliced and hermetically sealed so as to be as bland, inoffensive and tasteless as possible. Generally leaning more towards the tasteless part.

youll find there is alot of very shit black music around also. take 50 cent.

but yes i agree that there is alot of shit music, however i do not agree that only white people make crap music now.
yeh i agree, i hate 50 cent,round here loads of chavs have started listaning to all these dance remix tracks (which are absolute crap, especially when there being played through a mobile phone) but i think there is WAY too much rubish music round today loads of new music is just pointless no
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2006, 06:51:00 AM »

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Toneless, rhythmless, soulless, whiney musical crimes created by and for whiney middle-class white kids with spikey, choppy highlighted hair. You know, like, uh, pop music. Music derived from styles which were derived from styles which were derived from styles created generations ago by people who had balls. Styles which have been neutered, gene-spliced and hermetically sealed so as to be as bland, inoffensive and tasteless as possible. Generally leaning more towards the tasteless part.

but yes i agree that there is alot of shit music, however i do not agree that only white people make crap music now.
yeh i agree, i hate 50 cent,round here loads of chavs have started listaning to all these dance remix tracks (which are absolute crap, especially when there being played through a mobile phone) but i think there is WAY too much rubish music round today loads of new music is just pointless no

i also hate how they have 5000 chaka kahn (however name is spelt) remixes where her voice is sped up and is all squeeky and lame. Then in thr background all it is is "UM TISH UM TISH UM TISH"

html sucks
aimz
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2006, 04:35:10 PM »

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

i also hate how they have 5000 chaka kahn (however name is spelt) remixes where her voice is sped up and is all squeeky and lame. Then in thr background all it is is "UM TISH UM TISH UM TISH"
i no its crap,they obviously have to taste hihi
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

i agree fully ok

my theory is that all the rappers will get pissed off and eventually shoot each other and all the emo dip-shits will kill themselves because maybe they'll get the point that they are unwanted Grin

Heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY in March beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
aimz
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2006, 06:10:51 AM »

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

i agree fully ok

my theory is that all the rappers will get pissed off and eventually shoot each other and all the emo dip-shits will kill themselves because maybe they'll get the point that they are unwanted Grin

Heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY in March beer
hihi that sounds right,my bet is in 3 years hihi....why march though Huh

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2006, 07:07:59 AM »

why march though Huh

'cuz the man himself said that 6th march was a tentative (?) release date ok

check this: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=41209.0

or this: http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061214&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

the second one is tha same as the first only that it's on gn'rs official site yes
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2006, 08:23:16 AM »

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

No-one said that only white people make crap music. But white people make up most of the population of the US and Europe, so naturally they make up the larger part of the music industry which, as a whole, produces a large amount of crap. We also make up the larger portion of the buying public so we're double damned, we're demanding and supplying ourselves with crap.

Morons like 50 Cent make me laugh. They're the modern version of Minstrels, Al Jolson without the catchy tunes. I'm sure that any black musician with any self-respect is thoroughly disgusted by guys like him, rappers playing stereotypes of black gangsta-rappers. A stereotype created by the (largely white) mass media. I think it was 50 Cent himself who said he isn't interested in music at all, he considers himself a businessman and his albums are just a product. And while it's almost gratifying that we know that he knows his music is a bunch of crap, it's unfortunate that he doesn't hit himself in the face with a concrete block a few hundred times each morning.
aimz
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2006, 09:45:39 AM »

why march though Huh

'cuz the man himself said that 6th march was a tentative (?) release date ok

check this: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=41209.0

or this: http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061214&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

the second one is tha same as the first only that it's on gn'rs official site yes
oh right i see..thanks, ok well i guess this means more waiting Undecided
And while it's almost gratifying that we know that he knows his music is a bunch of crap, it's unfortunate that he doesn't hit himself in the face with a concrete block a few hundred times each morning.
yeh, i no what you mean hihi
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2006, 04:45:33 AM »

I think it was 50 Cent himself who said he isn't interested in music at all, he considers himself a businessman and his albums are just a product. And while it's almost gratifying that we know that he knows his music is a bunch of crap, it's unfortunate that he doesn't hit himself in the face with a concrete block a few hundred times each morning.

Ermmm... isnt he dead??

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2006, 05:00:59 AM »

The music? Well, it's emotional hardcore, innit?
This.

Circle Takes The Square, Hot Cross, Rites Of Spring, Envy are emo bands, not My Chemical Romance Cheesy  hihi

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2006, 02:12:14 AM »

Circle Takes The Square, Hot Cross, Rites Of Spring, Envy are emo bands, not My Chemical Romance Cheesy? hihi

rites of Spring and Minor threat are really credited with beginning the emocore movement back in the late 80s.  And as I assume many of you know, the bands split up and came together to form Fugazi.  Another emocore pioneer.  As the emo kids say, that was first generation emo.  As the years progressed the emo sound grew lighter and mellower as you will see...

The next generation of emo came in the early 90s with Pavement, Sebadhoh and Weezer (some people will even include Nirvana)

The 3rd generation came in the late 90s with bands like Braid, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Cap N Jazz.

the 4th generation was the first to break out into the mainstream with Death Cab For Cutie, Jimmy Eat World, Dashboard Confessional, Get-Up Kids.

The 5th generation is the crap on the radio now like Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy.  Watered-down radio blandness.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2006, 07:51:22 PM »

there seems to be an effort by the music business to keep heavy metel n hard rock underground!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2006, 08:19:13 PM »

I, today came to the conclusion that maybe EMO is just a trend that will dissapear in music buisness kinda like the alternative/grunge music in early 90's

anopther thing i have thought about is that yeah, these so called emo bands wear make up, but didn't most big-popular bands in the 80's also do that Roll Eyes

but anyway hopefully, faggy boys that dresses like girls and slit their wrists will put CD on and have there hair in braids instead of dyed dark black and in front of their eyes so they can't see anything rant

hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2006, 09:05:28 PM »

hey man, make up on dudes is cool....when its sleazy not faggy.

html sucks
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2006, 08:09:25 AM »

you have all watched this EMO parody right?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6_q5mRlF00
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2006, 08:21:04 AM »

there seems to be an effort by the music business to keep heavy metel n hard rock underground!
agreed, lack of media exposure for one.

html sucks
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2006, 03:31:49 PM »

what is the difference between goth and emo?
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2006, 04:28:40 PM »

EMO is defined by guys who like to wear their jeans so far down their fucking arse your just doing something normal like shopping ....and it's right infront of u and your like man.... pull the fuckers up! lol

And also i'm sure some of you have witnessed this ...especially with the girls ...They'll be wearing a GNR or Maiden (etc)? t-shirt, but you start talking to them and they look at you with a blank expression ...they have no idea!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 04:46:02 PM by St.heathen » Logged

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
GangstarrGabe
Opening Act

Gimme Five...

« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2007, 08:54:36 AM »

This topic is too hilaruios. Thank the lord that this stuff is this funny.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2007, 09:01:44 AM »

EMO connects with kids who lack passion for music

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: