Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:07:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Al Gore: An Inconvienient Truth
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Gore: An Inconvienient Truth  (Read 25607 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2006, 03:39:45 PM »

Randall, I read your paper and while nicely written I think even you will agree that your sources are just really old for the most part.

The 1st person you cite died back in the 1940's and most of your other sources date back to 1980-1981.

I would like to think science has taken more than a few leaps in 26 years. peace
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2006, 03:42:27 PM »

So are you now telling me that the Ozone issue was fake too?

Magically dissapeared?? Last I checked it took large scale global coordination to help solve that issue.? Which is simple proof that it can be done again to combat the effects of Global Warming.

I am having a hard time understanding the point you are trying to make.

I'm not disputing that the Ozone hole disappeared.  I'm stating my belief that it was natural and corrected itself.  If man had any part in it, it was miniscule.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2006, 03:47:03 PM »

That is because he does not know the point he is trying to make.

My point is pretty simple.  We don't know why the Earth is warming up or how much of an impact Man has on that.  Secondly, we don't know what outcome if any the entire Earth warming up 1 degree will have - probably none.  The Earth has heated up and cooled down many times.  Why is it so hard to fathom that what we've observed in 100 years is normal?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2006, 03:48:20 PM »

Randall, I read your paper and while nicely written I think even you will agree that your sources are just really old for the most part.

The 1st person you cite died back in the 1940's and most of your other sources date back to 1980-1981.

I would like to think science has taken more than a few leaps in 26 years. peace

Thank you Bandita.

The science I'm quoting isn't outdated.  Only the philosophers are dead or works 20 years old.  Philosophy doesn't become outdated, nor is one Philospher "better" than another.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2006, 03:48:40 PM »

So are you now telling me that the Ozone issue was fake too?

Magically dissapeared?? Last I checked it took large scale global coordination to help solve that issue.? Which is simple proof that it can be done again to combat the effects of Global Warming.

I'm not disputing that the Ozone hole disappeared.? I'm stating my belief that it was natural and corrected itself.? If man had any part in it, it was miniscule.

I think the EPA would disagree with you:

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/science/index.html
Hysteron
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2006, 03:52:49 PM »

we don't know what outcome if any the entire Earth warming up 1 degree will have - probably none.

Increased drought, famine, faster melting ice caps, rising sea levels, floods, rising temperatures, lots more people over the age of 70 dying because they can't handle the heat, and more extreme weather conditions
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2006, 03:56:16 PM »

we don't know what outcome if any the entire Earth warming up 1 degree will have - probably none.

Increased drought, famine, faster melting ice caps, rising sea levels, floods, rising temperatures, lots more people over the age of 70 dying because they can't handle the heat, and more extreme weather conditions

Exactly, what happened in France not so long ago is a prime example of that!!!!

Oh and how about Hurricane Katrina?  Or the fact that the Gulf of Mexico was heated to late summer temperatures this year when spring had barely started?

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2006, 04:06:25 PM »

Which is a mere drop in the bucket of the Earth's history. The Earth has been thru much, much, much worse than this and here's the rub, there were no humans when it did.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2006, 04:38:36 PM »

Exactly, what happened in France not so long ago is a prime example of that!!!!

Oh and how about Hurricane Katrina?? Or the fact that the Gulf of Mexico was heated to late summer temperatures this year when spring had barely started?

You can't blame that on global warming.  There is not enough evidence to support such a claim.  If mankind went extinct today, the Earth will still continue to get warmer.  That is reality.  As the sun gets brighter he Earth will become warmer.  Forgive me if I don't shed a tear at people over 70 dropping dead because of a situation they supposedly created.  Some of you have watched the day after tomorrow and water world too many times.  Although Water World was badass.  Dry land is not a myth!  hihi
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2006, 04:44:10 PM »

Which is a mere drop in the bucket of the Earth's history. The Earth has been thru much, much, much worse than this and here's the rub, there were no humans when it did.

Exactly, humans were not here. nervous
Hysteron
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2006, 04:56:29 PM »

Forgive me if I don't shed a tear at people over 70 dropping dead because of a situation they supposedly created.

?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

Forgive me if I don't shed a tear at people over 70 dropping dead because of a situation they supposedly created.

?

It ain't us who created the problem of gloabal warming.? It's the 70 year olds who drove leaded vehicles and used coal as a primary fuel source.  I keep hoping for Captain Tripps.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 05:49:16 PM by Randall Flagg » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2006, 05:49:13 PM »

?

It ain't us who created the problem of gloabal warming.? It's the 70 year olds who drove leaded vehicles and used coal as a primary fuel source.

So instead of using the science we have today to help correct the mistakes of the past we should just throw blame around?

Yeah, let's blame the elderly!  I mean they are almost dead already so why not?  While we are at it we should make it harder and more expensive to get the medications they need (oh wait we already did that!)

Nice attitude, no, really. Undecided
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2006, 05:52:20 PM »

?

It ain't us who created the problem of gloabal warming.? It's the 70 year olds who drove leaded vehicles and used coal as a primary fuel source.

So instead of using the science we have today to help correct the mistakes of the past we should just throw blame around?

Yeah, let's blame the elderly!? I mean they are almost dead already so why not?? While we are at it we should make it harder and more expensive to get the medications they need (oh wait we already did that!)

Fuck the elderly.  I know it's not a nice thing to say, but they contribute nothing to society and fight against change.  You want to blame a group against progress, it ain't the Republicans, it's the elderly.  I'm not advocating anything crazy like harming them, but I'll be damned to let them live in a welfare state where they provide nothing and just leach.  They use more rescourses and public money than any other group.  I'd rather see my tax dollars goto a poor family with children that will truly benefit from it than some old fuck who will stay in doors, clog up the roads to go watch matlock with a friend and vote against anyone who has a smile on their face or advocates change.
Hysteron
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2006, 05:57:05 PM »

?

Yeah, let's blame the elderly!? I mean they are almost dead already so why not?? While we are at it we should make it harder and more expensive to get the medications they need (oh wait we already did that!)

Fuck the elderly.? I know it's not a nice thing to say, but they contribute nothing to society and fight against change.?

You're previous arguments were your opinions and that?s fine, but what you're saying there is shameful.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2006, 06:04:19 PM »

I keep hoping for Captain Tripps.

Nice little add on there.  So you are hoping for a deadly plague to wipe out most of the planet?

Ya know Randall, sometimes you almost come off intelligent when you begin to debate something but inevitably you bury yourself with some really foolish commentary.

Not to mention you contradicted yourself by stating man had little influence on global warming but then you go on to state that the fault really belongs to our predecessors.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2006, 06:22:39 PM »

I keep hoping for Captain Tripps.

Nice little add on there.? So you are hoping for a deadly plague to wipe out most of the planet?

Ya know Randall, sometimes you almost come off intelligent when you begin to debate something but inevitably you bury yourself with some really foolish commentary.

Not to mention you contradicted yourself by stating man had little influence on global warming but then you go on to state that the fault really belongs to our predecessors.

Haha, I did go overboard.  Wanted to see if anyone caught The Stand/Randall Flagg reference.  I was acting in jest to an extent, but also because it uses your argument.  You can't pinpoint the blame for global warming on a 30 year old, they've only been in the game for a short while.  But a 70 year old is someone who has been around the block and their generation is what (if any) created the biggest problem.  It's the baby boomers who created global warming (again if man has an impact) not generation X.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2006, 06:42:14 PM »

Just a bit overboard.  I read The Stand when I was 15, the unedited version.

But my point is that it really doesn't matter who is at fault.  The problem is real and the problem is now.  We can't sit here and harp on things we did in the past but we can do things to help correct the problem now.  You can hate Al Gore but the problem still rings true no matter who is giving you the information. 

Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2006, 11:23:37 PM »

Fuck the elderly.  I know it's not a nice thing to say...

Only a complete loser would say something like that.

They contribute nothing to society and fight against change.  You want to blame a group against progress, it ain't the Republicans, it's the elderly.  I'm not advocating anything crazy like harming them, but I'll be damned to let them live in a welfare state where they provide nothing and just leach.  They use more rescourses and public money than any other group.  I'd rather see my tax dollars goto a poor family with children that will truly benefit from it than some old fuck who will stay in doors, clog up the roads to go watch matlock with a friend and vote against anyone who has a smile on their face or advocates change.

This may be the most inchoherent assertion Bud Fox has ever had the displeasure of reading. Not only are you a halfwit, but you are an absolute asshole.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:33:29 PM by Bud Fox » Logged

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2006, 08:27:36 AM »

One of the founders of Green Peace was on there denouncing the whole movement. 

Thanks for making SLC's point.

I watched the video.

It's taking ENVIRONMENTALISTS to task. 

Not Environmental Science (or, at least, not all of it).

It calls into question SOME of the science used by the environmentalist movement..but doesn't address some of the other hard science that's available. 

It's sensationalist spin (aka all Penn and Teller stuff) put together to create a compelling 30 minute show.  It's not lilke P&T were presenting a balanced outlook, for gods sake...they adopted a position and sought out anything that would support it...much like you're accusing other posters of doing.  How is their tactic any different?  Because you agree with it?

If you'd like to form your opinion based on that video, and that video alone,...please, by all means, go right ahead.  It makes it much easier to poke holes in your arguments.

You're just upset cause "your brain" would have let you sign the petition to ban Di-Hydrogen Monoxide.

For that matter, can you honestly tell me that most of the people here wouldn't have signed that damn thing?

Sign a petition to ban water?  No, don't think so.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 08:57:01 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: