Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:32:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 20 - Halifax, NS @ Halifax Metro Centre [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 20 - Halifax, NS @ Halifax Metro Centre [DISCUSSION]  (Read 17186 times)
Jono
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2006, 01:28:19 PM »

I think I was sitting a few rows behind you because I remember four guys who were standing during Ron's solo while everyone else was sitting and it looked like the person behind them said something and three of them sat right away and the fourth guy was putting up an argument...I was thinking a fight was going to break out...and there was a guy and girl there who were making out for a bit too...If I was sitting behind them I probably would have knocked them on their ass.  hihi

haha yeah that was me and my friend who told them to shut the fuck up and sit down. they were just hugging eachother like what the fuck? i was glad that they started making out because it shut him the fuck up. we told them to shut the fuck up and the one guy was like "did you pay more than us? no? ok just making sure." they left soon after .there was one point i was considering pushing the guy in white down the stairs. i didnt mind them standing, like of course they had the right to that, but hugging eachother, holding hands above their heads, talking loudly to eachother, basically they were just disrupting the concert. we saw the really annoying guy after the concert alone and considered jumping him.

how many rows back from us were you?

Too bad about the people in front of you man. Most of the people around me didn't sing along and didn't seem to recognize most of the songs. What a concert though! I was very happy to hear RQ played. Liquor and Whores was quite cool. Axl seemed to be really enjoying it. Did you end up getting a refund for the after party? They should have never sold tickets knowing the band would be on stage until at least 2.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 03:26:33 PM by Jono » Logged
daubs
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2006, 06:07:31 PM »

yeah the after party they are giving refunds just go there before 4pm, apparently the manager has to be there? so they will give u a full refund.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2006, 06:14:21 PM »

I was sitting in row N seat 4!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2006, 08:05:41 PM »

I was in a sky-box...
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2006, 08:06:58 PM »

Sucks that its over now. Think this will be the only time i see GNR in Halifax Sad...Sad I hope they come back!!...

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
maddog001
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2006, 08:11:15 PM »

It is hard to believe it is over.  I found the whole show is like a "blurr".  It went by so fast.  I was in section 7 and almost eye level with the big set of speaker.  I found the crowd did not seem very loud at all.  How was it in other areas of the metro centre?
Jono
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2006, 08:14:45 PM »

It is hard to believe it is over.? I found the whole show is like a "blurr".? It went by so fast.? I was in section 7 and almost eye level with the big set of speaker.? I found the crowd did not seem very loud at all.? How was it in other areas of the metro centre?

Like a blur is right. I couldn't believe it was happening and then it was all over.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2006, 08:47:10 PM »

It is hard to believe it is over.  I found the whole show is like a "blurr".  It went by so fast.  I was in section 7 and almost eye level with the big set of speaker.  I found the crowd did not seem very loud at all.  How was it in other areas of the metro centre?

Like a blur is right. I couldn't believe it was happening and then it was all over.

really though. When the lights went out and the jungle riff started i couldnt believe it...think my heart skipped 7 beats. when axl screamed "you know where the fuck you are" and he then looked upon us...it was the atleast top 5 most amazing moments of my life. and the later the show got the more i was like "omg this is going to fast slow down!!"

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2006, 10:28:18 PM »

I hear ya, Axl2!
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2006, 10:52:46 PM »

Me too!!!

dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2006, 11:09:36 PM »

amazing show i was about 10 feet away from the stage on the flooor, Axl had the devilish grin on for most of the concert!!! everyone i went with were not big gnr fans didint even know the new band that well, they just went thinkin it was gonna be an alrigh time hear welcome to the jungle yadda yadda etc. but they walked away from the concert blown away GNR made some fans that night especially during madagascar people around me dug the fuck out of that song
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2006, 03:41:56 PM »

amazing show i was about 10 feet away from the stage on the flooor, Axl had the devilish grin on for most of the concert!!! everyone i went with were not big gnr fans didint even know the new band that well, they just went thinkin it was gonna be an alrigh time hear welcome to the jungle yadda yadda etc. but they walked away from the concert blown away GNR made some fans that night especially during madagascar people around me dug the fuck out of that song

what was the vibe on Better? ppl around me looked confused accept for me and daniel. However it did get a good cheer.

www.bluejayfever.com

Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2006, 04:04:33 PM »

the only solo that killed the crowd imo was the beatiful duet.

ppl were caught off guard to say the least and to strike back with out ta get me was a bit misleading.

props to dizzy for a wonderful piano solo. FUCKING AWESOME, see it for yourself if possible.

p.s the whole bubbles mansion thing was a scam Smiley

suckers.

Yeah, I was pissed about the Bubble's Mansion thing

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
FILTHY
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2006, 04:59:27 PM »

Posted by Bubbles(mike smith) at trailerparkboys.org:

Hi folks - Bubbles here. This is a message for anyone who had tickets to the GnR after party at Bubbles Mansion in Halifax but didnt get in. Here is essentially what happened. The party was advertised to be taking place at my bar after the concert and was advertised for 10pm-2am. I was originally told the concert would be over at midnight but the show went much later than it was supposed to (it didnt even end until after 2) and the liquor board had warned me that I couldnt have anyone in their past 2:30 or they would be coming with the police to remove everyone and would revoke my liquor license. They even went so far as to set up cameras in the hotel across the street to see if I would try and "defy" them. Anyway, I had promised Axl that I would have an after party for him so because of the liquor board, I was forced to relocate the party to my house. Obviously I couldnt tell everyone who had a ticket to come to my house but around 150 guests, including Axl, with his tour bus parked on my cul-de-sac and a massive amount of liquor, made it a legendary night. He even played for a bit on my grand piano.

So if anyone bought tix and was disappointed, feel free to drop down to the Mansion for a refund. I apologize that things unfolded that way, and the people expecting to catch a glimpse of Axl at the party were disappointed but it was due to circumstances completely beyond my control. Thanks for understanding.

Bubbles 8-)
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2006, 08:03:10 PM »

Hi folks - Bubbles here. This is a message for anyone who had tickets to the GnR after party at Bubbles Mansion in Halifax but didnt get in. Here is essentially what happened. The party was advertised to be taking place at my bar after the concert and was advertised for 10pm-2am. I was originally told the concert would be over at midnight but the show went much later than it was supposed to (it didnt even end until after 2) and the liquor board had warned me that I couldnt have anyone in their past 2:30 or they would be coming with the police to remove everyone and would revoke my liquor license. They even went so far as to set up cameras in the hotel across the street to see if I would try and "defy" them. Anyway, I had promised Axl that I would have an after party for him so because of the liquor board, I was forced to relocate the party to my house. Obviously I couldnt tell everyone who had a ticket to come to my house but around 150 guests, including Axl, with his tour bus parked on my cul-de-sac and a massive amount of liquor, made it a legendary night. He even played for a bit on my grand piano.

So if anyone bought tix and was disappointed, feel free to drop down to the Mansion for a refund. I apologize that things unfolded that way, and the people expecting to catch a glimpse of Axl at the party were disappointed but it was due to circumstances completely beyond my control. Thanks for understanding.

Bubbles 8-)

Man what i would kill to hang with axl...and watch him just play on a piano. id like to see what goes through his mind when hes just sitting and playing.

www.bluejayfever.com

Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2006, 09:14:59 PM »

Uhhh, let me get this straight....there was no beer??? Shocked THAT'S SO UN-METAL!
Yeah, it sucked ass that there was no beer...would have helped the crowd a lot!

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2006, 09:19:22 PM »

It is hard to believe it is over.? I found the whole show is like a "blurr".? It went by so fast.? I was in section 7 and almost eye level with the big set of speaker.? I found the crowd did not seem very loud at all.? How was it in other areas of the metro centre?

really though. When the lights went out and the jungle riff started i couldnt believe it...think my heart skipped 7 beats. when axl screamed "you know where the fuck you are" and he then looked upon us...it was the atleast top 5 most amazing moments of my life. and the later the show got the more i was like "omg this is going to fast slow down!!"
agreed...went by way too fast..

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

Bubbles 8-)

My girlfriend ended up hearing this from someone she works with.  I guess this girl that knows a guy my girlfriend works with ended up talking to Axl for a half an hour...said he was really cool and down to earth!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2006, 08:54:12 AM »

Axl N' Company Ignite the Metro Centre

Submitted by Jon Careless on 11.21.06 at 2:56pm.
Once 11:50 pm rolled around, I'm sure many of us were convinced he wouldn't show. We've all the heard the horror stories. Even recently, it was reported Guns N' Roses cancelled their show in Portland Maine because they weren't allowed to drink alcohol onstage. I must say, I was worried.

But after all the waiting, the jeering, and the cheers of anticipation, once the first few bars of "Welcome To The Jungle" came through the speakers, the place erupted. For the next two hours, Axl Rose would have every one of us in the palm of his hand.

Through most of 'Welcome to the Jungle,' it was difficult to even hear Axl's voice over the noise of the crowd. The explosions popped at just the right moments, the crackling noise blasting everyones eardrums as Axl bounded frenetically across the stage. The onslaught of the guitars was even greater than expected, since the band chose to have three guitarists on-stage all at once. Robin Finck and Tommy Stinson were in top form, infusing each song with flashy, screaming solos that screamed 1983.

The concert did have a certain nostalgic feeling throughout, as I guess that's warranted being a Guns N' Roses show. During the sonic, 'You Could Be Mine,' a video screen above showed retro drag racing clips set against changing neon backgrounds. The video illuminated the stage completely as Axl screamed the lyrics to the crowd.

A personal highlight for me was "Mr. Brownstone," a song so obvious in its statement on the struggles of heroin addiction, its almost odd the song has such a raucous feel. The live version was even better than I could imagine. Axl, with his trademark howl blowing through the chorus "No, no, now-oh-oh, he won't leave me alone."

But I'm sure many people who attended this show will say their fondest moment came during the classic 'November Rain,' the rock ballad everyone knows the second it starts. The lights went down and the lighters went up, and the grand piano became the focus of everyone's attention. The crowd sung along with every word too, their hands swaying back and forth. The scene was exactly how I pictured it would be.

It appears for right now at least, Axl Rose and company are exactly where they need to be.

http://www.infomonkey.net/events.details.php?evid=4958

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The General
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2006, 08:59:52 AM »

Have you noticed that someone must have told Jarmo to keep the focus on the tour and the shows instead of release of CD.
Jarmo have talked to them and playing a dobbel role here..

You can see it on all his post, the current poll, etc, etc..

Its stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: