Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:53:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)  (Read 56410 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #320 on: October 03, 2006, 12:04:09 PM »

If Better is released we are all fucked. IMO

The chorus is just flat and lame. It sounds too modern like its trying to fit into a genre.

Anything but Better.

i agree...i mean its a good tune, but....i think we need a jungle/sweet child type of song to bring back GNR.  something that sounds somewhat modern, but has that hard rock feel that todays music is so desperatly lacking.

betters current outro (the leaks that is) is way too long too.  take out the heavy middle section and the song is extremely average.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #321 on: October 03, 2006, 12:07:48 PM »

IMO TWAT should be the first single. Its mind blowingingly brilliant. Its better than NR and Estranged. It would goto straight to No.1
GNR have gone to a new musical level. "lonely tear drops are calling me" - awsome stuff

#please move/delete if needed#

Estranged is my favorite song, by any band, Ever.  There Was a Time is a solid track, but I wouldnt even put it 2 levels below Estranged.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #322 on: October 03, 2006, 01:31:57 PM »

better

I have never seen so many tree
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #323 on: November 22, 2006, 09:38:02 PM »

Personally I like TWAT the most out of the new material I have heard thus far.  It actually reminds me of "Sympathy For The Devil" with the outro.  Should it be the first single though?  I'd be happy if it was either TWAT or Better.  I could lean either way.

The most important thing about any single that comes out in my opinion is that it should include the demos and early versions of the songs as they progressed towards the finished version.  Any fan would pay top dollar for that.  I have already heard a few versions of TWAT, Blues etc.  I love them all.  Who wouldn't like to see how Buckethead's take on a song differs from Bumblefoot's from Paul Huge's or even Moby's (I recall he was in the producer's chair at some point).

Imagine if the November Rain single included the acoustic guitar version, and the piano-only version, and the version that was played live with Elton John.  Such a CD would have had a permanent place in my disk changer.

Bang Bang

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
ben9785
« Reply #324 on: November 22, 2006, 10:19:25 PM »

DO NOT get me wrong, "There Was A Time" is a fucking OUTSTANDING song, but that song is a bit more down tempo, it takes a few listens to really understand it and grasp it.. for a first single, they need something simple, catchy, melodic and driving, even if it is not as up to par as the rest of the album, and I think "Better" can fulfill that, because for sure, a song like "Madagascar" blows it away and hell, even the 'title track' is something relatively simple, although alot heavier and dramatic, but "Better" is a bit more of a 'fun' song, for lack of a better term, and yeah as I've said before (and I might even be repeating myself in this thread again but eh), this song will work well, because its got a cute melody, it rocks, its got a big guitar solo, and a heavy buildup into a rocking bridge that all the chicks will get excited to and the guys will be headbanging. And of course, the lyrics are pretty universal. Everyone will pick up on the song.

Also, don't forget its a song alot of people would be familiar with, from the demo or live versions, or hopefully in time, the Harley ad.. Yeah..
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #325 on: November 22, 2006, 11:24:25 PM »

The Blues. By far the Best new song out there!

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
Hysteron
« Reply #326 on: November 22, 2006, 11:26:08 PM »

Prostitute, cause it's supposedly the best song and we haven't heard it yet.
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #327 on: November 22, 2006, 11:36:30 PM »

Would you really pay for a prostitute.....single? hihi  Sorry...

Bang Bang

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #328 on: November 22, 2006, 11:55:38 PM »

The Blues. By far the Best new song out there!

Of the five I'm familiar with, The Blues is my LEAST favorite...not that it's bad, of course.  Also, didn't Axl once say that they're only playing songs live if they aren't intended as early singles?  And they've played most of the songs in discussion (The Blues, Madagascar, IRS, TWAT, Better). 

Also, as a fan who (like all of you, I assume) will buy the album ASAP, GNR aren't really "drawing me in" with great singles.  I'll be interested to see what it is, mainly because that's how they'll reach the masses, but it makes little difference to me.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 11:57:17 PM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
shredsolo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #329 on: November 23, 2006, 04:25:17 AM »

I think better will be the first single due to its instant appeal.However its certainly not going to be the song that defines the new album i dont think.I think every song onn the album will probably be a capable single in its own right because if its not then its been a hell of a recording an album with maybe 5 possible singles and the rest filler.Since axl has done exactly what he wanted the past years and "perfected" the album he shouldnt make a choice to define the album by a pop esque song like better.TWAT musically sounds alot more competant in musical arrangement and lyrics.

For all we know, the second album which axl confirmed in the eddie trunk interview as bein pretty much complete may blow chinese democracy out of the water.
slash2001
Rocker

Axl's Scottish ya know......

« Reply #330 on: November 23, 2006, 05:17:45 AM »

Prostitute will be the 1st single.

Gotta laugh at this comment.  Have you heard the song?? We can only guess without having heard it, Im assuming this thread is in relation to the leaks we have heard, in which case its got to be Better as 1st single.

"I don't know just what I should do, everywhere I go I see you"
The Blues
W. Axl Rose
Best version - Rock in Rio 3 - 2001
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #331 on: November 23, 2006, 05:24:58 AM »

I think will be like

1st single Better

2st single Prostitue

3st single TWAT

Just hope the Better HD add pups up soon. ok

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #332 on: November 23, 2006, 06:12:58 AM »

Just hope the Better HD add pups up soon.

Yeah, I think 'soon' is the word !
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #333 on: November 23, 2006, 06:48:44 AM »

I'd like to see Better as the first single. Pretty much everyone I know that's not into GNR still loves the song.

Either that or maybe something we haven't heard yet.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #334 on: November 23, 2006, 01:01:19 PM »

any of the new songs would not make a good first sinlge
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2006, 01:08:42 PM »

any of the new songs would not make a good first sinlge

Except for Better of course, which is almost universally loved the second anyone hears it.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #336 on: November 23, 2006, 01:12:22 PM »

I'd like the first single to be a ball busting rocker. Something we haven't heard yet.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #337 on: November 23, 2006, 01:21:05 PM »

I'd like the first single to be a ball busting rocker. Something we haven't heard yet.

me too.

The Blues sucks,   Better is ok,, TWAT blows, Maddy is too long for raido,...

It should be one of the "big guns" axl was talking about a few years ago.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #338 on: November 23, 2006, 02:10:34 PM »

Better should be the first single! We all know better  Roll Eyes

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #339 on: November 23, 2006, 02:18:54 PM »

me too.

The Blues sucks,? ?Better is ok,, TWAT blows, Maddy is too long for raido,...

It should be one of the "big guns" axl was talking about a few years ago.

I disagree. The Blues is one song that sounds like it could be played on many different formats. Both Rock, Top 40 and HOT AC. It would be more universally accepted among radio stations, which would mean more air play! It's also one of those ballads which Teens are suckers for. This song would start a whole new following for the Band. This would be a very good thing for Guns n Roses. It will get them back on the charts and in the public eye.

I personally like it's catchy sound and meaningful lyrics. So I've ranked "The Blues" my favorite. It's the only new Guns song that actually effects me emotionally when I hear it. The rest of the leaked songs don't do that to me. So the Blues seems more powerful right out of the Box.

I also think at one point ?Axl said "The Blues" was his favorite new song. Well it's mine too. So for all the reasons I've just mentioned, I am confident that "The Blues" would definitely be the smartest song to release first.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: