Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Gnronline.com - status thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gnronline.com - status thread  (Read 61361 times)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2004, 06:49:46 AM »

They have probably had the updated webpage ready for ages now and are just waiting for approval. So many release dates have come and gone. I guess this can be taken as a sign that the approval they need isnt far off. I thought they were going to do away with the Gnronline page and move the official site to a different address. I could be wrong though!

Jonx
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2004, 06:54:23 AM »

Weird...press news and there's nothing!

Is this really something to be excited about?

I hope so as I'm having a shitty week at work.

Here today...ready to rock
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2004, 06:58:35 AM »

Yeah, well i dont see why they are messing around with it, if its for no reason... Im positive we can take it as a sign.. And if the cd is out reight after new year, and the single may be before new year, then the there should be a new web page sone!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2004, 07:20:43 AM »

Yeah, well i dont see why they are messing around with it, if its for no reason... Im positive we can take it as a sign.. And if the cd is out reight after new year, and the single may be before new year, then the there should be a new web page sone!

Maybe the new and updated website is coming sooner than we think Nyuntz (given what Tommy told you). Or maybe they will re-direct us to a new website.

Or maybe they're just playing...

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2004, 07:24:03 AM »

Ok, this is too much. It's not a sign... If you are old enough, you can remember the past updates. They didn't put the site down or throw out just part of the stuff just to put it again with some news. It's not that hard to put some text in that website...

SADIS
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2004, 07:27:46 AM »

I don't think anything will happen soon. I think they just took the tour logo off but that's it. If they are gonna put up a new site they will do it all at once.

The thing I think is going on right now is that they are designing the new site and somebody noticed that the old logo was still on there and suggested they should take it off. I guess that's about it but the new site will be online only a week prior to the new single.

I don't know for sure and ofcourse I hope I'm wrong.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2004, 07:56:39 AM »

Ok, this is too much. It's not a sign... If you are old enough, you can remember the past updates. They didn't put the site down or throw out just part of the stuff just to put it again with some news. It's not that hard to put some text in that website...

Well, you gotta understand that this website WILL be updated, or recreated when GNRs CD is near release. And since CD never have been released in the past, then gnronline never been updates/ at least a "real update" So forget the past.... CD will be out soon! And the a new GNR site WILL be constructed! Thats for sure! Tommy Told me that! He was going back to the GNR camp, after his tour. Thing will come! u get it! Even if things have happend over the last couple of years, never was good. But now we can be sure that things are really close! Tommy wouldent spent time with us gnr fans, telling what he did! If things wasnt cleard up!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
junglegunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2004, 09:44:23 AM »

and gnfr.com is also updated   rofl  rofl  rofl  peace  Shocked
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2004, 09:48:10 AM »

Funny thing about GNR Online found on the domain's whois information:

Domain Name: GNRONLINE.COM

Created on..............: Thu, Nov 04, 1999
Expires on..............: Thu, Nov 04, 2004

Sure, Interscope/Geffen will receive a note that their ownership is about to expire and renewing it wouldn't be such a big deal... The question is, would they have any use for it if the Axl-owned gunsnroses.com would finally be opened and used to promote CD?

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2004, 12:51:30 PM »

Until it gets updated they should just shut it down - waste of cyberspace and not much use to hardcore or casual fans!

For the little money it costs to host it (lets face it there's not much maintenance required), I think they'd be more likely to simply extend the domain license as to create speculation if it suddenly 'dissapears'

POPmetal
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2004, 01:38:31 PM »

somebody noticed that the old logo was still on there and suggested they should take it off.

that's probably what happened. I don't see why everybody is getting all worked up about a logo getting taken down Huh Remember when a couple of years ago they updated it saying 'Stay tuned for info on Chinese Democracy coming soon...' ? Now that was actually something worth getting excited about, but we're still waiting.
It's kinda sad if you think about it. Instead of improving the site, they are removing even the little crap they have on it? hihi

It only gets worse, it never gets better no
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2004, 02:04:49 PM »

well.. GNRONLINE is back to normal!  hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2004, 02:07:32 PM »

Dammit, Nytunz!!  You beat my by seconds!
Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2004, 03:57:36 AM »

Perhaps they were just checking that it still worked  Roll Eyes

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2004, 08:12:54 AM »

Using firefox it appears that the main page has an expiration date of 11th December. What does this mean?

Expiry date:
All web pages have to have an expiry date.  This is in order to ensure web content is kept accurate and fresh.  By default the date is set as one year from when the page was created

Action on expiry:
Web pages are set by default to ?notify only?, i.e. the page owner will be notified one year after the page has been created in order for them to review the page. This date can be amended to an appropriate one for the page and the following options are available upon the page reaching its expiry date:

Notify only ? an email will be sent to the page creator to remind them to review it

Notify and retire ? an email will be sent to the page creator but the page will be automatically removed from the site navigation

Notify and delete ? the page will be deleted from the system and the page creator advised by email

Question is, when was this page created? Could it have been December 11th last year? I can' remember any specific updates around that time that could account for this.

Also, was this date always there for the last 6 months/year or has it been added recently to indicate that something will be changing on that date?

Is it possible to check this using a saved copy of the page that someone has from a few months ago?

@#$%Funker

P.S. sorry for repeating this post from another thread, I thought it might be useful to note in this thread too.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2004, 12:06:34 PM »

Well, looky here. Dmoz is at it again!

"Official Guns N' Roses site - Includes news and information on Chinese Democracy expected February 2005."

Found here. No reason to get excited if Google starts giving you this phrase in association to GNR Online. I remember one point it had November on it.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2004, 01:38:27 PM »

Looks like Dizzy is working extra at Dmoz.  Wink

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2004, 07:46:08 AM »

http://www.dmoz.org/Arts/Music/Bands_and_Artists/G/Guns_N%27_Roses/

Click on the above link folks...............under offiical gnr site............news on CD coming Feb. 2005

beer

Feel free to move this Jarmo after people see it.........I put it here just so everyone could see it  Wink
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2004, 07:48:48 AM »

It's the same thing we had before, it's just based on the rumours we already heard.

@#$%Funker
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2004, 07:49:25 AM »

It was November, before.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: