Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:42:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HMV Canada says Dec 19th
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HMV Canada says Dec 19th  (Read 40467 times)
Z
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2006, 10:04:52 PM »

It's either the 19th, or next year.? From what I gather, Jimmy Iovine wanted to wait until next year, and had a unique plan in mind to roll out the CD.? On the other hand, it seems the GN'R camp is worried about their reputation and is pushing for this year.? Hopefully some agreement was reached, which maybe pushed back the date from November, into December.? With the 19th falling before Christmas, and in time for the last minute shopping rush, and the post-Christmas bargain shopping and returns. This seems like a great time!? ?smoking

Jimmy who?

And where, when & how did yo hear this??

the head of interscope.

And when was it divulged that Jimmy wanted to wait until next year? ?Or is this just more dramatic bullshit to fan the flames??
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2006, 10:05:27 PM »

a pread sheet is not a computer , you guys should quit asking stores if their puters have it listed

just a suggestion
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2006, 10:05:45 PM »

This forum, thread, and all the release date storys are such a fucking gong show. hihi
ben9785
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2006, 10:05:52 PM »

i was at HMV yesteray and asked and they had nothing on computer. Dude knew nothing about CD or GNR but ironcially a universal rep( she showed me her card) was in the store and she said it was not coming out this year and that just in the past couple days she was called into office along with president to hear new gnr songs. I asked if they were the leaks but she didn't know. she said the music was amazing. She thought the band may have a little more recordeing to do aswell. She said expect early 2007 release. we'll see!!

hmmmm..

hhhhmmmm....

not that i doubt you or anything, but with the amount of shit stirrers around here these days..
seems reasonable... but the sad thing is people are getting very 'creative' with the information they post
again not doubting you, just telling how it is right now..
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2006, 10:06:50 PM »

i was at HMV yesteray and asked and they had nothing on computer. Dude knew nothing about CD or GNR but ironcially a universal rep( she showed me her card) was in the store and she said it was not coming out this year and that just in the past couple days she was called into office along with president to hear new gnr songs. I asked if they were the leaks but she didn't know. she said the music was amazing. She thought the band may have a little more recordeing to do aswell. She said expect early 2007 release. we'll see!!

please shut up!!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2006, 10:07:25 PM »

hmmmm..

hhhhmmmm....

not that i doubt you or anything, but with the amount of shit stirrers around here these days..
seems reasonable... but the sad thing is people are getting very 'creative' with the information they post

I sent you an im, please give me a im response when you read it, thanks. ok
Z
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2006, 10:07:36 PM »

That's not even creative bullshit. ?Buzz off and go find some K-Fed message board somewhere.
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2006, 10:07:47 PM »

It's either the 19th, or next year.? From what I gather, Jimmy Iovine wanted to wait until next year, and had a unique plan in mind to roll out the CD.? On the other hand, it seems the GN'R camp is worried about their reputation and is pushing for this year.? Hopefully some agreement was reached, which maybe pushed back the date from November, into December.? With the 19th falling before Christmas, and in time for the last minute shopping rush, and the post-Christmas bargain shopping and returns. This seems like a great time!? ?smoking

Jimmy who?

the head of interscope.

And when was it divulged that Jimmy wanted to wait until next year? ?Or is this just more dramatic bullshit to fan the flames??

uh don't ask me, i have no clue about this stuff, i was simply telling you who jimmy iovine is.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Z
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2006, 10:09:34 PM »

Jimmy who?

the head of interscope.

uh don't ask me, i have no clue about this stuff, i was simply telling you who jimmy iovine is.

Thanks, I wasn't thinking you did.  I'm waiting for a repsonse form the twin city news man who reported it like he had some valid source.

But, thanks for answering me.

ben9785
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2006, 10:10:03 PM »

hmmmm..

hhhhmmmm....

I sent you an im, please give me a im response when you read it, thanks. ok

I got that, before I saw this =] No problem
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2006, 10:13:21 PM »

Jimmy who?

the head of interscope.

Thanks, I wasn't thinking you did.? I'm waiting for a repsonse form the twin city news man who reported it like he had some valid source.

But, thanks for answering me.

np man, always willing to help a fellow gnr fan out Smiley

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
guns_n_motley
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2006, 10:20:15 PM »

I dont buy it....sounds like complete BS... theres some Random Universal rep, and she somehow got to meet and listen to the songs... sure...

Universal have the master...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 10:30:08 PM by guns_n_motley » Logged
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2006, 10:29:08 PM »

I was at Virgin the other day and inquired about CD. ?The dude behind me was wearing a really nice suit, looked very white-collar. ?Well, anyway, he heard me asking about CD and seemed excited. ?He told me that he worked at Universal and everyone was worrying about how the record would do. ?He said that he was glad to see some interest in the album, even without any promotion. ?He said that Universal was fighting with Axl; Axl wanted to release the album sans promotion but Universal wouldn't budge. ?As he said before, Universal was afraid no one would give two shits about CD without promotion. ?He said that Axl didn't care about its "success" and only wanted to release it by 2006 and keep his promise. ?However, the guy said to expect CD spring '07 (my heart sank) with heavy promotion, with Better released as the first single and the music video filled with highlights of the American Tour. ?Don't shoot the messenger ?peace ? I believe him, but he could have just as easily been a very creative asshole who can shoot the bull really well.
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2006, 10:30:51 PM »

I've noticed that in HMV yesterday in Halifax that there was a cd case in there that said: "Chinese Democracy: Release Date December 19,2006"...but they also did say they weren't sure on an actual date.

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
guns_n_motley
« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2006, 10:31:11 PM »

I was at Virgin the other day and inquired about CD. ?The dude behind me was wearing a really nice suit, looked very white-collar. ?Well, anyway, he heard me asking about CD and seemed excited. ?He told me that he worked at Universal and everyone was worrying about how the record would do. ?He said that he was glad to see some interest in the album, even without any promotion. ?He said that Universal was fighting with Axl; Axl wanted to release the album sans promotion but Universal wouldn't budge. ?As he said before, Universal was afraid no one would give two shits about CD without promotion. ?He said that Axl didn't care about its "success" and only wanted to release it by 2006 and keep his promise. ?However, the guy said to expect CD spring '07 (my heart sank) with heavy promotion, with Better released as the first single and the music video filled with highlights of the American Tour. ?Don't shoot the messenger ?peace ? I believe him, but he could have just as easily been a very creative asshole who can shoot the bull really well.

jesus christ, we gonna get a million stories like this now Roll Eyes
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2006, 10:33:17 PM »

Sorry, but I had to comment on this one. ? rofl ?rofl ?rofl ?So you were at the store and there happened to be a Universal music rep there??? ?And she was called in to hear new songs the other day??? ?LMAO ?LMAO ?No way??? ?What are the odds??? ?No. I mean REALLY - what are the odds? ?I would estimate based on the population and the number of reps at Universal in that region at that time maybe..oh...let's say 1 in 73,864,398

So I'm sure you're telling the truth - not like those odds are that unreasonable. ?Bro, what you need to do now is go out and buy a single lottery ticket - cus you will win based on how lucky you are - and make sure you post us the results of the lottery ticket. ? ok
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 10:36:31 PM by yourfinalanswer » Logged
ben9785
« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2006, 10:33:55 PM »

I was at Virgin the other day and inquired about CD.  The dude behind me was wearing a really nice suit, looked very white-collar.  Well, anyway, he heard me asking about CD and seemed excited.  He told me that he worked at Universal and everyone was worrying about how the record would do.  He said that he was glad to see some interest in the album, even without any promotion.  He said that Universal was fighting with Axl; Axl wanted to release the album sans promotion but Universal wouldn't budge.  As he said before, Universal was afraid no one would give two shits about CD without promotion.  He said that Axl didn't care about its "success" and only wanted to release it by 2006 and keep his promise.  However, the guy said to expect CD spring '07 (my heart sank) with heavy promotion, with Better released as the first single and the music video filled with highlights of the American Tour.  Don't shoot the messenger  peace   I believe him, but he could have just as easily been a very creative asshole who can shoot the bull really well.

jesus christ, we gonna get a million stories like this now Roll Eyes

it's going to get harder to try to tell who is for real and who just needs some attention to brighten their life
i hate going and criticising people right off the bat..

Z
« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2006, 10:34:25 PM »

Okay, here we have some more "unoriginal/unimagineative" bullshit.

Who's next?

Can we get an acutal writer on here to make something creative at least??
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2006, 10:38:14 PM »

i walked into best buy today and a rep from universal was there.  he said aliens came down on the universal building and crushed it, hence the delay.  he said that the album sounds amazing and that axl want to promote by going on talk shows.  he said the promotion will start next friday.  he said the band is really excited, but the aliens destroyed six of the songs, so the album will only have 5 songs on it.  He also said people on message boards should stop asking music stores about CD and stop posting these stupid "so i walked into my local music and store and was told...." he said to just fuckin wait, and when it comes it will come.
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2006, 10:39:40 PM »

i walked into best buy today and a rep from universal was there. he said aliens came down on the universal building and crushed it, hence the delay. he said that the album sounds amazing and that axl want to promote by going on talk shows. he said the promotion will start next friday. he said the band is really excited, but the aliens destroyed six of the songs, so the album will only have 5 songs on it. He also said people on message boards should stop asking music stores about CD and stop posting these stupid "so i walked into my local music and store and was told...." he said to just fuckin wait, and when it comes it will come.

people like you make people like me lose credibility.  shame on you.  rant
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: