Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HMV Canada says Dec 19th
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HMV Canada says Dec 19th  (Read 40415 times)
ben9785
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2006, 06:12:49 PM »

i want so hard to believe you!!!  crying

lol... same here! 

geez i will admit, i am pretty damn sad. my 13 year old Son was talking to his friend the other day, and his friend was whining about not getting a PS3 til next year.  my Son said, "i will be happy if i ever get a PS3.  ask my mom about waiting.  she's been waiting for a CD to release for my whole life." (we all know he was referring to GN'R CD)

rofl

haha aww thats cute
im sure you dont feel cute about it though

it seems like a reasonable date..we can hope
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2006, 06:18:58 PM »

Well it's clear that GN'R want to make this a surprise album. That being said don't try and get some kind of "confirmation".

It's been talked about for 7 years. I think the "surprise" has been ruined.

This thread is beginning to cause chaos and confusion. Merck doesn't like that. It should be locked.

Surprise release dude

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2006, 06:20:12 PM »

crimson_joel, why don't you tell us the exact store where you got this info?

he already said! check the previous pages!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2006, 06:25:08 PM »

either way, i don't think we're going to get any more info on this till next week b/c of turkey day...
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2006, 06:30:58 PM »

Dec 19 is the only realistic release date for this year now, in my opinion.

So, this is...encouraging. If not conclusive.  Smiley
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2006, 06:32:01 PM »

No he hasn't. He has only said it was an HMV in Canada. He never said the specific HMV where he got his info. Unless I completely missed it, but I don't think so.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2006, 06:33:23 PM »

No he hasn't. He has only said it was an HMV in Canada. He never said the specific HMV where he got his info. Unless I completely missed it, but I don't think so.

You missed it - he's at the Dufferin store.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2006, 06:34:02 PM »

That was somebody else.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2006, 06:34:30 PM »

If this is in fact true, I find it heartbreaking that this album is just waiting in a warehouse in the middle of nowhere.. hihi

That is a strange thought, here we all sit...pan to warehouse and pic of CD boxed ready to go. hihi

Lets hope we're close.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Edward Rose
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2006, 06:35:35 PM »

Okay I just read the 9 pages of this thread, which is more than i can say for some... who end up asking answered questions  Grin

My two cents is that the guy's story states clearly that a Universal Rep came in TODAY with a split sheet that had the release date on it. So this has NOTHING to do any previous HMV release dates or any dates in computers. It also has NOTHING to do with Michael Jackson Best Buy. Smiley

I'm not saying I believe him, but remember, Universal could have decided the date yesterday... Gn'R management also getting the date. So it's possible that this dude just happened to see the first Universal rep with an updated sheet, and we might get an official date from Gn'R management soon.

Remember, some of you are the exact people who said, "When the date is decided... surely it will leak." Well then, this COULD be the leak. (stressing "could") Because this is exactly how it would happen. And it wouldn't mean that Merck/Universal is "holding back" announcing the date. It really could just be a fluke that this guy saw a Universal rep with an updated sheet right before the date was about to become official.

So one of the main problems in this thread is that people are calling stores that might have old split sheets because their particular Universal rep hasn't come in recently... or is smoking crack, or whatever. MOST IMPORTANT FOR CONFIRMING

1: Verify that PREVIOUS hmv Canada split sheets had NO Gn'R listing on it. (This is important)
2: Verify that NEW hmv Canada split sheets HAVE it on there

This would verify that this whole split sheet story is completely unrelated to hmv's PREVIOUS Dec 19th date... except that maybe they DID have a good guess all along.

That's my 2 cent yo. And yes, I ALSO got a raging clue... and it's pointing that way ---> Grin
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 06:41:19 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2006, 06:35:58 PM »

That was somebody else.

you're right, sorry.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ben9785
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2006, 06:39:44 PM »

Okay I just read the 9 pages of this thread, which is more than i can say for some... who end up asking answered questions  Grin

My two cents is that the guy's story states clearly that a Universal Rep came in TODAY with a split sheet that had the release date on it. So this has NOTHING to do any previous HMV release dates or any dates in computers. It also has NOTHING to do with Michael Jackson Best Buy. Smiley

I'm not saying I believe him, but remember, Universal could have decided the date yesterday... Gn'R management also getting the date. So it's possible that this dude just happened to see the first Universal rep with an updated sheet, and we might get an official date from Gn'R management soon.

Remember, some of you are the exact people who said, "When the date is decided... surely it will leak." Well then, this COULD be the leak. (stressing "could") Because this is exactly how it would happen. And it wouldn't mean that Merck/Universal is "holding back" announcing the date. It really could just be a fluke that this guy saw a Universal rep with an updated sheet right before the date was about to become official.

So one of the main problems in this thread is that people are calling stores that might have old split sheets because their particular Universal rep hasn't come in recently... or is smoking crack, or whatever. MOST IMPORTANT FOR CONFIRMING

1: Verify that PREVIOUS hmv Canada split sheets had NO Gn'R listing on it. (This is important)
2: Verify that NEW hmv Canada split sheets HAVE it on there

That's my 2 cent yo. And yes, I ALSO got a raging clue... and it's pointing that way ---> Grin

That seems pretty reasonable. I hope people aren't getting too creative with the rumours they spread though.. But this could very well be the case also.. hmm..
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2006, 06:41:19 PM »

...on the other hand, if I can play devil's advocate...

This is twenty-seven days away. ?nervous

Twenty-seven days and not a glimpse of the artwork, no leaked tracklist, no stolen promotional material etc...

Edward Rose
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2006, 06:43:37 PM »

...on the other hand, if I can play devil's advocate...

This is twenty-seven days away.  nervous

Twenty-seven days and not a glimpse of the artwork, no leaked tracklist, no stolen promotional material etc...

Again you're assuming that they'll follow a "How To" guide on releasing an album. They aren't using the TOUR version of that book, so why use it for releasing an album? I'm not saying the story is true... just that 27 days is plenty of time.

And I also agree with that other poster (if this is true) that the 28 days they spent in the studio in September is almost EXACTLY the difference between RS's Nov 21st and HMV's Dec 19th... fwiw
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 06:45:37 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
guns_n_motley
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2006, 06:59:14 PM »

I dont think this guy is lieing... its not like he is a 1post rumor wonder.. hes been here...

December 19 is the date I bet... all signs are pointing towards it... its the most plausable date..
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2006, 07:02:31 PM »

I dont think this guy is lieing... its not like he is a 1post rumor wonder.. hes been here...

December 19 is the date I bet... all signs are pointing towards it... its the most plausable date..

Exactly...If it were coming out this year it is the most realistic date...Thats why all the new rumours will be towards that date...I think its been pushed back to 2007 myself..Unfortunately...Hoping its not true though

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
guns_n_motley
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2006, 07:06:42 PM »

can we just see the dam split sheet, why would u not get on that right away, you know the dam skepticism behind all this, if you saw a split sheet couldnt you put 2 and 2 together and make sure before you say anything that u could show us the proof.

isnt is possible that the guy ISNT AT WORK RIGHT NOW!!

and most likeley he wont be at work until friday, and hes gonna be busy...
Axelito Riverstone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2006, 07:20:58 PM »

People ... maybe the production of the cd it?s already done and, Universal and all the people envolved in Chinese Democracy know the release date but they don?t want to tell us ... so, we got a surprise release date in December ... 

Nicol?s Mart?n Stessens
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Guns N? Roses - W. Axl Rose - Rolling Stones - River Plate - TurfRock

?... you can USE YOUR ILLUSION ... let it take you where it may ... ? Axl Rose
GeraldFord
« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2006, 07:21:46 PM »

melodicrock says 12/19.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2006, 07:40:35 PM »

It's either the 19th, or next year.  From what I gather, Jimmy Iovine wanted to wait until next year, and had a unique plan in mind to roll out the CD.  On the other hand, it seems the GN'R camp is worried about their reputation and is pushing for this year.  Hopefully some agreement was reached, which maybe pushed back the date from November, into December.  With the 19th falling before Christmas, and in time for the last minute shopping rush, and the post-Christmas bargain shopping and returns. This seems like a great time!   smoking
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: