Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HMV Canada says Dec 19th
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HMV Canada says Dec 19th  (Read 40411 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2006, 03:36:45 PM »

THeh just guess in those computers when the 19th comes close and if there is no word it will then give a date in jan. This is what they do it doesnt mean shit

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2006, 03:37:33 PM »

hamilton ontario canada, he checked his book and nothing was there

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2006, 03:38:28 PM »

I called about "the splits" and she said she only had one ammendment, meaning that they prolly had it previously listed as 19 Dec (people were saying this last week, too).

The thing we all have to remember is that this is an internal HMV date, not a Universal date.  This date has not been set or confirmed by GNR or Universal. 

It's just another bullshit rumor.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2006, 03:38:53 PM »

i am so sick of every other thread being about fake release datesssssssssss
 Undecided
freeze me until the cd comes out, kthanks.

Can't stop thinkin bout doin it one more time..
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2006, 03:42:21 PM »

my understanding of the thread at the beginning was that HMV get a list of dates for upcomig release from the supplier (universal) thus not being a HMV rumour, but a rumour created by the dude who started the thread, the title was changed by jarmo, but the guy was failry adamant that it was a date set by universal

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2006, 03:42:52 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, HMV (or any retailer can say what they want), but unless it comes from the band and/or management, don't get your hopes up.

/jarmo

Jarmo is right, although December 19 is the "announced" date - Universal could merely be using this date to figure out how many copies a store wants to order.

They could easily ship the albums a week earlier, and tell stores to put them out. Thus, they would "magically" appear when you walk into the store without prior knowledge....

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2006, 03:43:39 PM »

This at least is a stronger rumor than usual. If we believe the original poster, this info came to HMV via Universal. Anyone wanna check some other record stores?
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2006, 03:43:49 PM »

my understanding of the thread at the beginning was that HMV get a list of dates for upcomig release from the supplier (universal) thus not being a HMV rumour, but a rumour created by the dude who started the thread, the title was changed by jarmo, but the guy was failry adamant that it was a date set by universal

Yea, but I think the guy is confused.  If it was set by Universal, every fucking store worldwide would have this release date.  Combine that with HMV's nasty habit of setting their own release dates, and you've got one confused-ass employee and a huge fucking bullshit rumor!

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
helmet0111
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2006, 03:44:04 PM »

I just called a mall in Ontario, When I asked the women for a Guns' N Roses album,she said ?"Is it Chinese something?" Im like

"yes Chinese Democracy" ?Shes like "nope not in the system yet sorry"

Dammmmit ?crying
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »

i am so sick of every other thread being about fake release datesssssssssss
 Undecided
freeze me until the cd comes out, kthanks.

I think I'll watch Mythbusters now... they're trying to blow up a giant candy. ?confused
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2006, 03:45:51 PM »

It IS NOT IN THE COMPUTER YET! New Splits only appear in the computer after the orders have gone through...

ALSO - Best Buy and larger chains have no control over their buying. At HMV they "reccomend" a certain amount and the buyer at each store can "amend" the amounts in regards to their market.

This info is coming straight from Universal, I'm sure somebody at an HMV can get their hands on one of the split sheets.

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2006, 03:46:44 PM »

what makes this date any more special than the other 10 dates set by HMV this year Roll Eyes from what i understand....they guesstimate dates to get a jump on sales figures

also for the record it's not listed on Universal or geffen or gnr's officail websites either

we should get mythbusters to figure out the CD myth rofl true, plausible or busted? hihi

CJ....yo the dude looked in a book man not on his computer peace

daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2006, 03:48:20 PM »

It IS NOT IN THE COMPUTER YET! New Splits only appear in the computer after the orders have gone through...

ALSO - Best Buy and larger chains have no control over their buying. At HMV they "reccomend" a certain amount and the buyer at each store can "amend" the amounts in regards to their market.

This info is coming straight from Universal, I'm sure somebody at an HMV can get their hands on one of the split sheets.

yeah and also by my understanding HMV and Virgin are much much bigger stores than best buy? we dont have best buy in the UK, but we got those two. so can i assume they would get info like this first?

daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2006, 03:49:55 PM »

what makes this date any more special than the other 10 dates set by HMV this year Roll Eyes from what i understand....they guesstimate dates to get a jump on sales figures

also for the record it's not listed on Universal or geffen or gnr's officail websites either

we should get mythbusters to figure out the CD myth rofl true, plausible or busted? hihi

CJ....yo the dude looked in a book man not on his computer peace

maybe he had an old book??

Bald guy from lost: why do find it so hard to believe jack?

Jack: why do find it so easy rant

rofl

bobjowl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2006, 03:50:47 PM »

I Can.... easily !!! ?but i dont have a scanner ..but i can easily get the split sheet
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2006, 03:51:17 PM »

Christ on a mule!!

This is (if correct) NOT an HMV date. ?It's a guy that works at HMV that saw documentation from Universal.

Set in stone? ?No.
Publically announcted? No.
In HMV's computer yet? ?No.

Read the posts. ?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2006, 03:51:57 PM »

I Can.... easily !!!  but i dont have a scanner ..but i can easily get the split sheet
How bout a camera phone or regular camera?
DoctotRupert
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2006, 03:52:08 PM »

I Can.... easily !!!  but i dont have a scanner ..but i can easily get the split sheet

Digital camera? Mobile phone?
bobjowl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2006, 03:53:17 PM »

well i got a sony ericson and a pantec film camera..not exactley digital  no
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2006, 03:56:56 PM »

As others have said, there will be an official announcement from the band.  Why would HMV Canada know before everyone else? 

But, if it should indeed drop on that date is would be the best birthday present ever as I turn 30 the next day.  I was 14 when UYI came out.  Been waiting more than half my life for an album of new material!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: