Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:32:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Cosmo Kramer goes nuts!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cosmo Kramer goes nuts!!!  (Read 13163 times)
fixintodie
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2006, 05:28:30 PM »

It's interesting to see the crowd laughing about this on Letterman during his apology.

And kind of seemed to ramble a bit.

Maybe to prove it wasn't scripted, and therefore insincere.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2006, 05:37:08 PM »

I hate the double standard in the US though.

Had a black comedian said the same thing to black people in the crowd, it is accepted. but a white person cant say it.  If the word is so offensive maybe black people shouldnt glorify it and feel proud calling each other that.

Also, black comedians make their living ragging on White people in their routine and it is funny.

U let a white guy make some black jokes though and he will be boycotted immediately.

Well there is the "ER" version and the "A" version - subtle yes, but there is a huge difference in the connotation.

anyways, even if a black guy went off the way Richards did I think it would have turned some heads...there was nothing "joking" about his tirade, it was pretty intense and very angry.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2006, 05:38:32 PM »

yeah, its just an american thing  Roll Eyes  I dare you to go up to a black person in whatever country you live in and scream at them using the N word over and over again and see what happens. 

It's an insult.It would be safe to assume he/she got insulted.
Still, I'm very sure it doesn't have similiar semi-sacred huge shock value in, say, Scandinavia-region or in europe as a whole as it does in U.S.A.
Racism towards black people has very modest, nearly non existant roots in parts of Europe that were backwater-ish and un-international enough up until 1950's-60's, so stuff like using word "nigger" just can't draw from similiar er, "pool" of racism as in U.S. It's just a (rude)insult among others here. Not something you can start a real fuzz about.Which imo is much healthier approach than the "OMG teh N word!!" -way.

In Finland, there was a popular candy named  "neekerin suukko", or "nigger's kiss", available for decades. It took until late 90's til someone figured it is actually very unappropriate to some and had it changed.

Same here in the Netherlands, If I were to walk up to a black person and call him nigger, I doubt he would even care....

I'd like to see that, can you tape it for me?  Go up to a black guy and get in his face, tell him you want to put his ass on a fork and scream the N word at him about ten times.   You're right, he probably wouldn't do anything  ok   Roll Eyes

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2006, 06:22:52 PM »

?There is no room in Hollywood for people like Michael Richards,? added Gibson. ?If I were him, I would contact my Jew lawyer right away to protect myself from lawsuits, and then I would call my Jew accountant to make sure I have enough ?Seinfeld? money to get me through retirement.?
Antisemitism!Antisemitism!
Crucify the holocaust denier!

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2006, 07:05:37 PM »

The stuff Gibson said, is it true?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

You know, Ive been hearing a lot of people say that what Richards did is no different than Pryor, Chapelle, Murphy, etc.  Richards didnt use the "N" word as part of his act, like those other comedians. He used it as an insult directed at a specific person.  It was blatently racist and sick.  In comedy, you can make fun of other races and get away with it.  Black comics make fun of white people all the time, because comedy is the one place that they can get away with it, and get their message across. Its no big deal. But doing what Richards did is inexcusable.  He had to have known this.  I cant fathom what he was thinking, it was career suicide.  I guess he didnt consider the show was being filmed. But to come out after and say he isnt racist, he was just mad, is the funniest joke ive heard him say.
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2006, 07:31:54 PM »

I dont see what the big deal is, black comedians call white people cracker and make fun of them all the time, who cares?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2006, 07:39:55 PM »

I dont see what the big deal is, black comedians call white people cracker and make fun of them all the time, who cares?

B/c its all in good fun..its just a JOKE.  Richards wasn't kidding.  The southpark guys make fun of all races/religions and its funny b/c its a comedy show.  The explosion wasn't part of Richards act.  I agree its not a "big deal" in the sense that war in Iraq is a big deal, its still newsworthy b/c of how popular of a show Seinfeld was/is and how popular of a character Kramer is.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2006, 07:52:08 PM »

The black men in the audience were heckling Richards, not that that excuses him calling him the N word but still when your being heckeled by a mob of black men that has to be frustrating. Of course, they think their bad mofo's when in gangs. Another bad example of racial integration. "White" comedy in LA probably doesnt go over well..
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2006, 07:57:39 PM »

The black men in the audience were heckling Richards, not that that excuses him calling him the N word but still when your being heckeled by a mob of black men that has to be frustrating. Of course, they think their bad mofo's when in gangs. Another bad example of racial integration. "White" comedy in LA probably doesnt go over well..

Since when did it become a MOB of black people that were heckling him?? What does it even matter what color they were?? How you choose to respond to someone is entirely your responsibility no matter what they are doing.? If they were Native Americans should he have shouted at them to get back on the reservation?

Some people don't even realize they are being racist.? Like your reference here insinuating the black people were in a "mob" or "gang."? Maybe they just didn't like his show?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2006, 08:00:46 PM »

Some people don't even realize they are being racist.  Like your reference here insinuating the black people were in a "mob" or "gang."  Maybe they just didn't like his show?

I doubt they liked the show, but i was going by the amount of voices in the room yelling at Richards and thats why i thought it was a mob.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2006, 08:03:48 PM »

Some people don't even realize they are being racist.? Like your reference here insinuating the black people were in a "mob" or "gang."? Maybe they just didn't like his show?

I doubt they liked the show, but i was going by the amount of voices in the room yelling at Richards and thats why i thought it was a mob.

Well, in fact it was reported as 2 people heckling him.  Hardly constitutes a mob.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2006, 09:07:18 PM »

Since when did it become a MOB of black people that were heckling him?  What does it even matter what color they were?  How you choose to respond to someone is entirely your responsibility no matter what they are doing.  If they were Native Americans should he have shouted at them to get back on the reservation?

Some people don't even realize they are being racist.  Like your reference here insinuating the black people were in a "mob" or "gang."  Maybe they just didn't like his show?

I'm not sure which was worse, Richard's rant or Jabba's post!

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2006, 11:59:00 PM »

Wow, and I thought LA was laid back.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2006, 12:01:44 AM »

Wow, and I thought LA was laid back.

Does race riots and whole city blocks in flames ring a bell? People getting pulled from cars and beaten..
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2006, 03:59:24 AM »

It's ok to make fun of the white race, every other race is a sacred cow......unless you're of that race, then it's fine to say whatever you wish......

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2006, 04:30:16 AM »

Notice the first thing the black guys did was call Him a cracker........

Its funny, there is  a new spelling of his TV name.

He is now being called KKKramer. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2006, 11:35:03 AM »

i think people are blowing this out of proportion...

i dont condone the way he reacted.. but people are way oversensitive nowadays and way too politically correct.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2006, 01:45:49 PM »

I dont appreciate the bad karma i got in this thread either.

F you you cheap motha Crackers!!!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 01:51:22 PM by jabba2 » Logged
fixintodie
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2006, 04:17:26 PM »

i think people are blowing this out of proportion...

i dont condone the way he reacted.. but people are way oversensitive nowadays and way too politically correct.

I agree with that, but if you've seen the video...you know, I like some comics who do a lot of race-based material (Sarah Silverman for example), but there's a world of difference between telling an off-colour joke and personally and bilously attacking audience members.

I'm glad that monkey spat on the bastard when he had the chance. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: