Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Cosmo Kramer goes nuts!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cosmo Kramer goes nuts!!!  (Read 13162 times)
fixintodie
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2006, 06:24:08 AM »

I'd be mad if the fuckin' audience was giggling when I was trying to speak seriously, as well........I'm referring to his Letterman appearance, BTW.

I guess since it's recorded at what, about 5 in the afternoon? Something like that, the news hadn't really reached that many of the people there. Guess they thought it was a 'bit'. Which is pretty fucking stupid.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2006, 06:54:51 AM »

Guess they thought it was a 'bit'. Which is pretty fucking stupid.
Why is everyone so sure the whole thing isn't just a hoax? The flip out, the appology, everything.
Come on! He is a  comedian doing standup. And pulls off something outrageous in the middle of his act. Doesn't it sound suspicious at all? Andy Kauffman, anyone?

Guess you have to  be an American to get all hyped up about the usage of the word nigger and other rascist slurs as a part of a random personal attack.
No matter how hard i try to put things in context here, squeeze stuff in the frame of rascism and it's dark history and all that..I Just can't see the big deal here. Never understood why/how rascist insults are off limits and given a "speacial treatment" in a world where you can get away  with motherfucker and uhh Jesus tit-fucking Christ and what not.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 07:24:53 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2006, 07:57:03 AM »

I honestly don't give a fuck ! He can be a mass murderer for all i care, he's still a very talented actor, and one of the funniest characters in the history of television.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2006, 08:20:09 AM »

Why is everyone so sure the whole thing isn't just a hoax? The flip out, the appology, everything.
Come on! He is a  comedian doing standup. And pulls off something outrageous in the middle of his act. Doesn't it sound suspicious at all? Andy Kauffman, anyone?

Guess you have to  be an American to get all hyped up about the usage of the word nigger and other rascist slurs as a part of a random personal attack.
No matter how hard i try to put things in context here, squeeze stuff in the frame of rascism and it's dark history and all that..I Just can't see the big deal here. Never understood why/how rascist insults are off limits and given a "speacial treatment" in a world where you can get away  with motherfucker and uhh Jesus tit-fucking Christ and what not.

i thought about the hoax thing to, cause it sounds too crazy.
but then again. plausible.

i still think it's racist and way out of line, why are we fighting for the right TO CALL PEOPLE NAMES ?
insane.

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2006, 09:11:07 AM »

I think Seinfeld is the most overrated TV show ever.

I cant believe his behavior.

I can accept his behavior however if he feels this way, I mean fuck it, its his right, but dont come out and apologize.

I hate when people do that.

Sayin u are sorry makes it ok? I dont think so, If u didnt mean it u wouldnt have said it so Dont apologize, just say i got pissed, I wanted to hurt and embarrass those guys, So i said what I said.

But dont try to act contrite.

Good post, I totally agree with ya  ok
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2006, 09:47:43 AM »

I honestly don't give a fuck ! He can be a mass murderer for all i care, he's still a very talented actor, and one of the funniest characters in the history of television.

absolutely, i agree, when it comes to the funniest characters, don't know about the mass murderer but this little thing come on,

yes indeed my avatar rocks headbanger
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2006, 09:58:59 AM »

yeah, its just an american thing  Roll Eyes  I dare you to go up to a black person in whatever country you live in and scream at them using the N word over and over again and see what happens. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2006, 10:00:33 AM »

No way, its easily one of the funniest shows ever made.  you're only the 2nd person I've ever met in my entire life to say that.  To each their own though.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2006, 10:04:35 AM »

I hear people say that, D, and my only conclusion is that they haven't watched enough of the show to appreciate it.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2006, 11:18:34 AM »

yeah, its just an american thing  Roll Eyes  I dare you to go up to a black person in whatever country you live in and scream at them using the N word over and over again and see what happens. 

It's an insult.It would be safe to assume he/she got insulted.
Still, I'm very sure it doesn't have similiar semi-sacred huge shock value in, say, Scandinavia-region or in europe as a whole as it does in U.S.A.
Racism towards black people has very modest, nearly non existant roots in parts of Europe that were backwater-ish and un-international enough up until 1950's-60's, so stuff like using word "nigger" just can't draw from similiar er, "pool" of racism as in U.S. It's just a (rude)insult among others here. Not something you can start a real fuzz about.Which imo is much healthier approach than the "OMG teh N word!!" -way.

In Finland, there was a popular candy named  "neekerin suukko", or "nigger's kiss", available for decades. It took until late 90's til someone figured it is actually very unappropriate to some and had it changed.
(Edit, actually the correct translation would be "kiss of a negro" not "nigger's kiss"Sorry.)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 03:20:39 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2006, 11:19:26 AM »

Wow, I must say last night's Letterman was very Andy Kaufmann-ish. ?I can understand where people were laughing at it, I even cracked a grin at just the way he was doing it. ?He really came off bad with the "afro-american" thing though. ?When Jerry told the people in the crowd to stop laughing, it's not a joke I was like damn...is this a work or not? ?Michael Richards comes off as a very manic person in the interview, kinda bouncing all over the place. ?I have to say though, if he is pulling off a Kaufmann, he got a dead on ringer for the humor last night, because that kind of humor is hard to pull off and whether he wanted it to or not, he got it.

I can still remember him as the "Smiley Pie, Bow-tie killer" in Problem Child, back before Seinfeld.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2006, 11:54:54 AM »

That was not a Tony Clifton, that was a meltdown.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2006, 12:48:57 PM »

Agreed - how anyone can think this was a "hoax" is beyond me. 

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2006, 01:59:55 PM »

Agreed - how anyone can think this was a "hoax" is beyond me.?

Yea, I really don't believe this is a hoax of any kind. 

Here is his Letterman appearance for anyone that hasn't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dufHYw-W6j4
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »

The "afro-American" thing was wierd.. For those out of the US, "African-American" is the politically-correct term, especially when making an apology.

I can't imagine it's an Andy Kaufmann thing..  Undecided  It was too over the top & full of hate. If he didn't say the N-word 12 times, then maybe.... But here in US you can't say that word.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2006, 02:47:41 PM »

I hate the double standard in the US though.

Had a black comedian said the same thing to black people in the crowd, it is accepted. but a white person cant say it.  If the word is so offensive maybe black people shouldnt glorify it and feel proud calling each other that.

Also, black comedians make their living ragging on White people in their routine and it is funny.

U let a white guy make some black jokes though and he will be boycotted immediately.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2006, 02:51:38 PM »

To me, the worst part wasn't the fact that he used the N word (although, that was pretty vulgar).  The most inappropriate thing was the "50 years ago..." remark.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2006, 03:06:36 PM »

yeah, its just an american thing? Roll Eyes? I dare you to go up to a black person in whatever country you live in and scream at them using the N word over and over again and see what happens.?

Still, I'm very sure it doesn't have similiar semi-sacred huge shock value in, say, Scandinavia-region or in europe as a whole as it does in U.S.A.
Racism towards black people has very modest, nearly non existant roots in parts of Europe that were backwater-ish and un-international enough up until 1950's-60's, so stuff like using word "nigger" just can't draw from similiar er, "pool" of racism as in U.S. It's just a (rude)insult among others here. Not something you can start a real fuzz about.Which imo is much healthier approach than the "OMG teh N word!!" -way.

In Finland, there was a popular candy named? "neekerin suukko", or "nigger's kiss", available for decades. It took until late 90's til someone figured it is actually very unappropriate to some and had it changed.

Same here in the Netherlands, If I were to walk up to a black person and call him nigger, I doubt he would even care....

Nigger kisses were still being called nigger kisses overhere up untill a few months ago when some wiseguy decided he was offended by the name and sued? Roll Eyes I swear the whole culture is becoming more "american" everyday and I? hate that? no

oh well at least we still have our jew cookies? ?Grin

SLCPUNK
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2006, 04:26:21 PM »

It's interesting to see the crowd laughing about this on Letterman during his apology.

And kind of seemed to ramble a bit.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2006, 05:17:10 PM »

yeah, its just an american thing? Roll Eyes? I dare you to go up to a black person in whatever country you live in and scream at them using the N word over and over again and see what happens.?

In Finland, there was a popular candy named? "neekerin suukko", or "nigger's kiss", available for decades. It took until late 90's til someone figured it is actually very unappropriate to some and had it changed.

Same here in the Netherlands, If I were to walk up to a black person and call him nigger, I doubt he would even care....

Nigger kisses were still being called nigger kisses overhere up untill a few months ago when some wiseguy decided he was offended by the name and sued? Roll Eyes I swear the whole culture is becoming more "american" everyday and I? hate that? no

oh well at least we still have our jew cookies? ?Grin

we still have a lot of "nigger" references in france. ("n?gre" in french)

we use it for " ghostwriter"
famous chocolate dessert called " nigger's head"

so ....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: