Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:26:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A Myspace Bulletin From Me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Myspace Bulletin From Me  (Read 9415 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 12:40:22 PM »

yeah but maybe if axl hadnt done the things he did, we would still have the original band around right now, ever thought of that angle?

Some of u act like Axl had no hand in The old guys leaving, as if they got tired of the band and wanted to go in another direction.

Slash is in VR not cause he wants to be but because he couldnt work with Axl and his attitude.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 12:41:02 PM »

You should know Better.[/i]

QUIT IT WITH THE F**KIN' "BETTER" PUNS!!!!

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Edward Rose
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 12:44:26 PM »

yeah but maybe if axl hadnt done the things he did, we would still have the original band around right now, ever thought of that angle?

Some of u act like Axl had no hand in The old guys leaving, as if they got tired of the band and wanted to go in another direction.

Slash is in VR not cause he wants to be but because he couldnt work with Axl and his attitude.

Also true. But we have to wait and see if Axl will do something epic this time around and whether it will all be worth it in the end.

Here's some insight as to what Axl was/is up to. (Just a hint of it @ 32 seconds in)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O2rdfzeAooA
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:49:17 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 12:47:50 PM »

It's pointless to try and place blame like this. It's like trying to decide who broke up a marriage... sometimes it's obvious but most of the time it's just a failure to keep it alive. A lot of bands have problems, some work it out and some don't.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 12:48:32 PM »

U are the type of GNR fan that drives me crazy.

Look New GNR are a fabulous band dont get me wrong, CD is gonna be one of the greatest albums ever.

But when u have to slag off the Old bandmembers to try and make these guys look better, u look like an Axl nuttswinger who doesnt know much about the band.

I hate to break the news to u dude but without Slash and Izzy as well as Axl,Duff and steven, we wouldnt have guns n roses.

so for people to claim Axl is GNR, they are doing so out of ignorance.

Axl didnt write those songs by himself, the very songs these new members are currently living off of.

I realize u didnt say this but a lot of people think this way and its just wrong.

slash also participated in a multi platinum grammy winning new band with a great lead singer in scott weiland.

i support new gnr but i dont support fans who try and act like the old band were meaningless.

its ridiculous to come on here and try to discredit the original band members who riffs and solos these new guys are imitating.

until CD comes out, this is not GNR, its Axl and hired musicians.

That's too bad that you let others opinions drive you crazy.

The whole point of the post was that people who don't know what they're talking about shouldn't talk. The point wasn't to start or continue an old vs. new argument.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 12:54:49 PM »

I apologize Russ cause u werent disgracing the old members, I realize it sounded like i was implyin u were, my post was aimed to the general population who feel it necessary to trash the original band to support the new band.

I love the new band but I get completely turned off and feel the need to defend the original when people make ignorant statements.

I read a dumbass statement on Youtube the other day where some dipshit said Ron was better than slash.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think sometimes people dont realize how ignorant that statement and statements like that are.

so i wish people would love the new band but still appreciate the old band and seperate the two like it should be.

U dont have to hate Slash to love Axl and Vice Versa.

i cant blame fans who diss gnr

until CD comes out, i can understand people callin this a cover band.

when u play 20 songs and 3 are originals, u are pretty much a cover band.

Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 12:57:44 PM »

I read that same comment on youtube... and not to take anything away from Ron but it seemed ridiculous. First off the only member you can even begin to compare to Slash right now is Robin, and really that's not fair to either of them.

I agree, the old band doesn't have to be criticized to support the new band. I wonder if a lot of people's opinions have been effected by how they feel about VR.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 01:23:05 PM »

I apologize Russ cause u werent disgracing the old members, I realize it sounded like i was implyin u were, my post was aimed to the general population who feel it necessary to trash the original band to support the new band.

I love the new band but I get completely turned off and feel the need to defend the original when people make ignorant statements.

I read a dumbass statement on Youtube the other day where some dipshit said Ron was better than slash.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think sometimes people dont realize how ignorant that statement and statements like that are.

so i wish people would love the new band but still appreciate the old band and seperate the two like it should be.

U dont have to hate Slash to love Axl and Vice Versa.

i cant blame fans who diss gnr

until CD comes out, i can understand people callin this a cover band.

when u play 20 songs and 3 are originals, u are pretty much a cover band.

If someone has seen both Slash and Ron play live, why would it be ignorant if they chose to say that Ron is  Huh better?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Edward Rose
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 01:26:19 PM »

It's just a blanket statement that shouldn't be made. It should at least be followed by a few other sentences, imho
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 01:46:43 PM »

Lets not drag that dead horse to this thread.

Anyhoo, on topic, well said, russtcb.  ok nice to see informed fellow fans speaking up outside.
Lets hope the haters see reason.
At any rate, slash is not in GNR. He's in vr. They should save their fav "slash is ~" line for vr shows.
I wouldn't say a band is a person. a band is a band. GNR is a band led by axl. He the heart of the band.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 02:21:51 PM »

THis is retarded

Must i really have to justify this.

Lets compare the resumes

slash:

Riffs:
WTTJ
PC
SCOM
Rocket Queen
My Michelle
Nightrain
Dont  Damn Me
Coma
Civil War
Locomotive
Slither
suckertrain blues
Fall to Pieces

Solo's:
do i have to list em all?

Ron greatest riffs and solos:
LOL

Robin Greatest riffs and solos;

Better
The Blues

See my point?

These guys dont warrant being mentioned in the same breath as Slash

I can play all of Slashs solos, does that make me better cause I can duplicate what he created?

dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 02:33:38 PM »

I agree with everything except the vr bash, 3x platinum isnt exactly half ass.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 03:40:26 PM »

Albums sales have nothing to do with quality.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 03:52:10 PM »

Contra was not that bad. most people here worship the old guns sound so much that why they call it halfass as if the band, esp the 3 ex guys could have done much better job, I guess.

These guys dont warrant being mentioned in the same breath as Slash

I can play all of Slashs solos, does that make me better cause I can duplicate what he created?

can you play all of robin solos or ron solos?

been brought up in democracy, I strongly believe in impartiality and equality.
Anyone can be mentioned in the same breath as anyone.

dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2006, 03:54:10 PM »

im pretty sure 3x platunum sales have something to do with quality.
200?
Opening Act

!!!It's Peanut butter Jelly time!!!

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 04:00:45 PM »

or status?

Don't forget 2 write!
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »

That's just because alot of people think that just because something doesn't suit their liking it automatically "sucks". They can't acknowledge that it's a good effort, just not to their liking.

I don't like rap music. i think it "sucks", but i can still acknowledge when a rapper has put forth a decent effort, even though it doesn't suit my personal tastes.

And, some people are just so narrow minded that they can't/won't allow themselves to like both VR and GnR. Maybe in their minds they think that by admitting they like VR, they'd be betraying Axl and GnR. Stupid, IMO.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 04:17:01 PM »

So Creed is high quality then?

dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2006, 04:24:18 PM »

So Creed is high quality then?
yes, just because you dont like them doesnt make them shitty, and creed was a pretty bad choice to compare this to. Kevin Federline is bad quality and it reflects in his sales of 6000 albums. This might not be the best board to post this in, but besides the whole christian rock thing, creed has some pretty solid rhythms and melodies in their albums, and there is a huge following behind them.  Just because creed is not your kind of music doesnt mean they suck to the rest of the world.  Thats like saying rush sucks because people dont like the singer.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2006, 04:37:01 PM »

Am I the only person on here that loves both the old and the new equally?

If you love GNR now it IS possible to love the GNR of the 80's and 90's as well and love all the musicians that were involved in the rise of this band.

There is no need to crush the history of this band to praise the new incarnation of it. 

Every thread like this turns into an old vs. new debate and everyone is right about their opinion in their own mind.  But repeating it 82387287 times on here isn't going to change the facts.  GNR now: Axl, Robin, Richard, Ron, Dizzy, Tommy, Chris, Frank.

Nice bulletin russtcb-I think it's rude for anyone to diss another's taste in music no matter what they like.

peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: