Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A Myspace Bulletin From Me
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Myspace Bulletin From Me  (Read 9414 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« on: November 16, 2006, 10:21:37 AM »

I posted this in reaction to my guitarists girlfriend receiving Myspace messages about how stupid she is for going to the GNR show in a week or so. Thought I'd share it here:

People talking out their ass about things they know NOTHING about.

Let me give you an example. My friends and I are going to see Guns N' Roses at The Palace in a little over a week and we're excited about it. Lots of us have been posting bulletins and what not about it and getting ignorant replies such as "It's not the real GNR" and "Where's Slash?" and so on.

I generally try to keep my mouth shut because I am confident in the fact that I know more about music then most people I come in to contact with but at this point I've about goddamn had it. People that talk out their ass about Guns N' Roses are morons. None of them know anything about the history of the band, it's music or it's fan base.

Anyone who thinks Slash "is GNR" is flat out wrong. Slash (Duff, Matt, Steven and Gilby) for that matter wasn't even around for the beginning of this band. He very much contributed to the rise and legend of this band but he chose to go another route. That route has unfortunately for him, lead him to a half ass band with a half ass lead singer who put together a half ass album. Axl Rose cannot be blamed for other people choices or stupidity. He also can't be blamed for replacing people when they make those choices and carrying on with HIS band.

People who say that "Axl is living off the name" or "running the name into the ground" need to take a look at those Velvet Revolver CDs sitting at the record store with a sticker that reads "featuring former members of GUNS N' ROSES!!" or watch TV for 10 minutes and catch the complete waste of a VW commercial that Slash is involved with. Now who's living off or running the name into the ground.

I went to see the new members in 2002 with all sorts of skepticism. But since I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak, I thought I'd see for myself before passing judgement. Having seen this band twice (soon to be 3 times) I can speak in actual facts about their abilities and if they "are GNR". Let me make this 100% clear; this band IS Guns N' Roses. Until you have come fact to face with a man playing rhythm guitar as if his life depends on it as Richard Fortus does, or seen Robin Finck make his guitar cry every single note using his entire body to do so, or watched a music legend such as Tommy Stinson play bass and perform like he's 20 again just because he enjoys what he's doing that much, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I haven't even begun to speak about the man (Axl) himself and how much he out classes every other performer living today. It is beyond annoying to have uninformed, ignorant GNR "fans" sending others messages that not only try to take away from others enjoyment but are just plain stupid.

For all of you who disagree:

You should know Better.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:25:37 AM »

^post of the week. ok beer I bet very few myspace dipshits responded to that bulletin.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 10:28:29 AM »

^post of the week. ok beer I bet very few myspace dipshits responded to that bulletin.

I just posted it a minute ago. We'll see. I'd love to see what someone could possibly say to that.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 10:29:22 AM »

I just posted it a minute ago. We'll see. I'd love to see what someone could possibly say to that.

i agree with you but you gotta understand that not everyone feels the same way

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 10:30:57 AM »

Seeing this band, listening to the new tracks, actually informing yourself before speaking I can deal with. If someone has done any or all of these things and has a different opinion I say "great"! I was speaking to and about people who have done none of these things and want to speak as of their opinion matters.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 10:32:27 AM »

This is just word by word what I feel about the whole bitching thing about the name and all. I thank you very much russtcb for putting this out, in such good words.

This text should be sticked somewhere on the board. I sure as hell will keep it (if you're okay with that).

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 10:33:25 AM »

This is just word by word what I feel about the whole bitching thing about the name and all. I thank you very much russtcb for putting this out, in such good words.

This text should be sticked somewhere on the board. I sure as hell will keep it (if you're okay with that).

I have no problem with that whatsoever. Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad you agree.

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 10:39:38 AM »

Seeing this band, listening to the new tracks, actually informing yourself before speaking I can deal with. If someone has done any or all of these things and has a different opinion I say "great"! I was speaking to and about people who have done none of these things and want to speak as of their opinion matters.

i have a friend that i have begged to go see this lineup because he's still stuck with what gnr was in 1993, he won't go and bashes axl daily and that's cool, that's how he feels and i can't change it. he won't give them a chance and people like that you can't get thru too.  some people  are so close minded  Undecided

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 10:42:01 AM »

i have a friend that i have begged to go see this lineup because he's still stuck with what gnr was in 1993, he won't go and bashes axl daily and that's cool, that's how he feels and i can't change it. he won't give them a chance and people like that you can't get thru too.  some people  are so close minded  Undecided

Again, that's all fine and good but those folks really have no room to talk about anything to do with the band today if they won't get themselves educated on the subject.

Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »

Great POST!!!

One of the best posts ever!

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 10:58:47 AM »

A good post/blog/messege whatever.. but c'mon:
I haven't even begun to speak about the man (Axl) himself and how much he out classes every other performer living today.

Huh  That's going a little too far for me..
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 10:59:52 AM »

Myspace bulletins are so annoying. If it doesn't come from a band it's just fills up a lot o space. So many opinions I delete friends that post too much crap

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 11:03:26 AM »

I haven't even begun to speak about the man (Axl) himself and how much he out classes every other performer living today.

Having seen some of the greatest performs ever to grace a stage I feel I can make that claim and again; it's my opinion.

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 11:07:21 AM »

Huh? That's going a little too far for me..

Having seen some of the greatest performs ever to grace a stage I feel I can make that claim and again; it's my opinion.

Ok, but I mean... Bono?! Hello.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »

Ok, but I mean... Bono?! Hello.

I've seen U2. Twice. Once at the Silverdome on the Zoo TV tour when they were on the MTV Awards and once at The Palace on the first leg of the Zooropa tour. I've seen alot better performers then him and Axl happens to be one of them in my opinion.

Please move this argument to PM if you want. I don't want the point of the thread to be lost in an argument like this.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 11:18:08 AM »

Nice... My girlfriend is going to school to become an RN and her Nursing Class go to the hospital twice a week.  Anyway, the last time she was there she told people she was going to see GN'R with me and she said that there were probably 15 people around (12 in her class I think) and EVERYONE was so jealous of her.  All they talked about was how they want to go and kept asking "Will you take me?" and all this other shit. She said it went on and on the whole day.

My point is that not everyone is negative about this band.  People that aren't even big fans of GN'R (my example above for instance) just hear the name and get excited.  There are a lot of shit holes on the other end though as well, which is what this thread is about.  I just wanted to give an example to show that not everyone is against this band.  Hell, not one person said anything negative to my gf about GN'R when she mentioned she was going to a concert.  It was only a small group of people but it's still nice to hear positve things about GN'R from people other than the hardcores, such as us.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 12:21:35 PM »

Nice... My girlfriend is going to school to become an RN and her Nursing Class go to the hospital twice a week.? Anyway, the last time she was there she told people she was going to see GN'R with me and she said that there were probably 15 people around (12 in her class I think) and EVERYONE was so jealous of her.? All they talked about was how they want to go and kept asking "Will you take me?" and all this other shit. She said it went on and on the whole day.

My point is that not everyone is negative about this band.? People that aren't even big fans of GN'R (my example above for instance) just hear the name and get excited.? There are a lot of shit holes on the other end though as well, which is what this thread is about.? I just wanted to give an example to show that not everyone is against this band.? Hell, not one person said anything negative to my gf about GN'R when she mentioned she was going to a concert.? It was only a small group of people but it's still nice to hear positve things about GN'R from people other than the hardcores, such as us.

I know exactly what you're talking about.  It's great that all of us on HTGTH have this outlet to vent on converse about the GnR World.  But there is nothing cooler than when someone out of the blue shows appreciation for the band.  I know of two instances of the top of my head where this has happened in the past two weeks...

One instance was when the district manager called me on my cellphone(I have the whole verizon ringback tone thing going on, and my ringback tone is Sweet Child O' Mine).  Well I didn't answer my phone in time, but on the end of the voicemail my manager said "...oh and by the way, awesome Guns N' Roses ringer".  So I found that funny and unexpected.

And then last week I had to pick up my uncle(who's 50 for reference) from a dentist visit, since he wasn't able to drive himself home.  Naturally, I had my iPod set on my GnR playlist, when Rocket Queen came on.  He said "I was just listening to this cd last week", and I went on to tell him that I was seeing them at the 1st Mariner Arena the following week, and his reply to that was "I hear that the new guys were killer when some execs from work went to see them in New York earlier this year".

Anyways, my point is, that seeing the crowd at the arena on monday and hearing things like this are always reassuring.  I know people on here feel like it's the end of the world if they don't get a release date at the end of the day.  But no matter what anyone says, I know 99% of us will have Chinese Democracy in our cd players and/or on our iPod, no matter if it's out this year or not.
Edward Rose
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 12:29:50 PM »

I posted this in reaction to my guitarists girlfriend receiving Myspace messages about how stupid she is for going to the GNR show in a week or so. Thought I'd share it here:

People talking out their ass about things they know NOTHING about.

Let me give you an example. My friends and I are going to see Guns N' Roses at The Palace in a little over a week and we're excited about it. Lots of us .....

.....ed, ignorant GNR "fans" sending others messages that not only try to take away from others enjoyment but are just plain stupid.

For all of you who disagree:

You should know Better.

Very articulate and good read!  ok

And just imagine what a little bit of advertising would do for ticket sales. This is a powerful band, and with ChinDem in 2007, the tours that year will be historic in my oppinion.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 12:35:27 PM »

U are the type of GNR fan that drives me crazy.

Look New GNR are a fabulous band dont get me wrong, CD is gonna be one of the greatest albums ever.

But when u have to slag off the Old bandmembers to try and make these guys look better, u look like an Axl nuttswinger who doesnt know much about the band.

I hate to break the news to u dude but without Slash and Izzy as well as Axl,Duff and steven, we wouldnt have guns n roses.

so for people to claim Axl is GNR, they are doing so out of ignorance.

Axl didnt write those songs by himself, the very songs these new members are currently living off of.

I realize u didnt say this but a lot of people think this way and its just wrong.

slash also participated in a multi platinum grammy winning new band with a great lead singer in scott weiland.

i support new gnr but i dont support fans who try and act like the old band were meaningless.

its ridiculous to come on here and try to discredit the original band members who riffs and solos these new guys are imitating.

until CD comes out, this is not GNR, its Axl and hired musicians.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:38:26 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Edward Rose
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 12:38:13 PM »

I hate to break the news to u dude but without Slash and Izzy as well as Axl,Duff and steven, we wouldnt have guns n roses.

so for people to claim Axl is GNR, they are doing so out of ignorance.

That might be true, but Axl is to thank for there BEING a Gn'R right now, so 10, 15, 40 and 50 year old people can see them. There was a REASON why Axl secured the band's name in the UYI years. Because this wouldn't be happening right now. hihi
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:40:15 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: