Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:36:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Performs at Parkinson's Benefit
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Performs at Parkinson's Benefit  (Read 50356 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2006, 12:10:29 PM »

Fox, Ali, and Denis Leary are three celebs I really respect (the first two for fighting in the face of the disease, Leary for speaking is mind and being one funny motherfucker). Good to see Axl supporting the cause. Fuck Rush Limbaugh.
Duff II
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2006, 12:24:21 PM »

Awesome!!? I'm glad to see Axl showing his support for such a great cause!!
I would also love to hear duets with Axl and Sheryl Crow or Rob Thomas!!

Wonderful PR move, too!? ?beer

You want to hear AXL sing with Rob Thomas?? Are you on drugs?

Axl isn't a pussy.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2006, 12:28:48 PM »

Awsome Pics. Axl must have been thrilled to meet a legend like Ali. Even meeting M.J.F. must have been very cool. Parkinsons is another reason that Bush should not even be in office. To have a President who is against stem cell research is what is stopping us from curing this horrible disorder. Bush is turning out to be the worst President ever. Thank God this is his last term.

Bush is not against stem-cell research. He's against test-tube stem-cell research.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2006, 12:49:27 PM »

Awsome Pics. Axl must have been thrilled to meet a legend like Ali. Even meeting M.J.F. must have been very cool. Parkinsons is another reason that Bush should not even be in office. To have a President who is against stem cell research is what is stopping us from curing this horrible disorder. Bush is turning out to be the worst President ever. Thank God this is his last term.

Since he said he was.  The entire republican party is against stem cell research unfortunatly. 

Save your politics for another board. 

And since when is Bush against stem cell research?

Since he said he was.  The entire republican party is against stem cell research unfortunatly.   I love M.J.F. for getting so involved in this and hope that he is able to get the congress and the whitehouse to wake the fuck up and actually allow stem cell research. 
Duff II
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2006, 12:52:42 PM »

I think Bush has probably spent more on Stem Cell Research than any other president in history.
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2006, 12:52:54 PM »

Michael j fox is the man ........nice that axl showed up.....i want to hear/see the performance .........i guess he did come together ......but who knows?
Come together... it's possible! I've had the same idea.
I love Micheal J. Fox  love Axl, I love you too  love  love  love

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2006, 12:55:22 PM »

Since he said he was.? The entire republican party is against stem cell research unfortunatly.?

Save your politics for another board.?

And since when is Bush against stem cell research?

Since he said he was.? The entire republican party is against stem cell research unfortunatly.? ?I love M.J.F. for getting so involved in this and hope that he is able to get the congress and the whitehouse to wake the fuck up and actually allow stem cell research.?

Most republicans are completely anti-stem cell research. However Bush is not. He said himself, he's for stem-cell research on existing embryos. He just doesn't want people to start creating test-tube embryos just for stem-cell research, only to be disposed of afterwards.

I think Bush has probably spent more on Stem Cell Research than any other president in history.

That is fact.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2006, 12:59:21 PM »

What I find funny is that they seem to make a big deal out of this and (Morals) but many states allow women to have abortions have the first T.  Just find it very hypicritical.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/08/20010809-2.html

That is the speach Bush gave.  What he is saying is that he will not look at making more units then the 60 that have being avaible for many years in fact were in place shortly after or even before he became preseident. 

That's it not posting anymore about this on this thread enough highjacking for one day
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2006, 01:10:59 PM »

Can one of the mods please make these d-bags stop talking politics in this thread?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2006, 01:21:39 PM »

Two of my favorite artists of all time, fucking awsome.

Hey Danny don't be such a dork.
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2006, 01:23:29 PM »

Stem cell research barely existed before Bush became the president, so that doesn't mean a whole lot.

At any rate, nice to see Axl doing a gig like this. Anyone interested in Mohammed Ali should watch the documentary "When We Were Kings". A stunning film. I am also a big fan of Denis Leary, who is hilarious, along with Michael J. Fox so I love these pics.

I am a bit surprised no info has surfaced yet regarding how many songs Axl did, or which ones. It does seem likely that it would probably be a Beatles song from Abbey Road, considering the poster. Octopus's Garden, perhaps? ?hihi

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2006, 01:23:58 PM »

Ali showed up at Madison Square Garden later that night as his daughter was fighting on the undercard of Brock-Klitschko.

Perhaps Axl went to the boxing event as well?
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2006, 01:34:50 PM »

Two of my favorite artists of all time, fucking awsome.

Hey Danny don't be such a dork.

I know that's a kick-ass picture, when I first saw it last night I was like "AWESOME!!"  hihi

Also--Maybe if someone checks the Fab Faux's website in the next couple days they might post some audio/video of Axl singing with them.  beer
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2006, 01:36:01 PM »

Can one of the mods please make these d-bags stop talking politics in this thread?

Problem is, these discussions directly correlate to what Axl performed at.

Politics is exactly what Michael J. Fox had this benefit for.

These discussions are entirely granted and with merit.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2006, 01:36:30 PM »

Ali showed up at Madison Square Garden later that night as his daughter was fighting on the undercard of Brock-Klitschko.

Perhaps Axl went to the boxing event as well?

Axl was there (german TV)

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2006, 01:40:32 PM »

Absolutely awesome!  ok

My grandfather suffered from Parkinson's as well. It's so great to see Axl doing things like that!

And thanks for the pics!
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2006, 01:44:06 PM »

As an aside; why does axl shake hands like he's expecting to be simultaneously hit with a left hook?

Seriously on a side note. Fuck off! This is a great thread about a very serious charity and about people giving their time to it. Please done turn it into another one of these: 'Why is Axl doing something like this thread?'. For fucks sake you would not analyse it if joe bloggs walking down the road shook hands in a certain way. Leave the bloke alone and let him get on with his thing and appreciate this thread for what its worth, which is a great charity and it just so happens to be our favourite singer who happens to be there! Mike

Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2006, 01:54:06 PM »

God for axl.. thats great he showed up and showed his support. as an aside he looks great these days! Thank god he's back and enjoying life and getting out there.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2006, 02:11:01 PM »

its great to see axl supporting things like this, he should use his position of influence more often.

maybe guns can do a concert for charity if they don't already do so.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »

Yeah all your "facts" about republicans being anti-stem cell research are completely wrong..there is way more behind the views of republicans and democrats than what the newspapers are reporting...any source of news you read is going to be slanted to the left or to the right.depending on who wrote it.....but who cares?! Why are we talking about a stupid thing like politics on this thread...This thread is about what a great and generous thing Axl did...if you want to argue about politics go on the rollingstone.com blogs. peace
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: