Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:49:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 43754 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: November 07, 2006, 07:28:05 PM »

Because she knows what hse is talking about and is too classy of a woman to come on here and make up all kinds of shit. So show her some respect.? rant

REAL classy when every other word she drops the F-Bomb? rofl

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

I love the "why are you here" line that creeps up when someone doesn't think the coolaid tastes good here.  I could set my clock to it.

Allow me to explain my existence here.  I'm here (and have been for 7 years) because I love GNR's music, I am anxious to hear the new material, and because this site has the best news section for GNR on the web.  I am not here because I think Axl is some great guy (he is not a great guy people).  I am not here to kiss Jarmo's ass (which many of you do with great effort).  I am not here to believe the words of someone with no credibility (referring to Axl not Beta here).  I am here to discuss GNR folks.  I used to love to post in the Jungle as well until the politcal threads were banned.  I'm here to discuss the good and the bad of GNR.  It may seem like I discuss the bad all too often.  That's because we already have a huge alotment of ass kissers here, so I feel compelled to provide a counter arguement on many occasions.  As much as you all hate to see negative posts, some of us here hate to see the blindness with which you swallow the coolaid.

I could ask a bunch of you why you are here if all you're gonna do is discuss the good and not the bad.  I mean what's the point of coming here and kissing Axl's, Beta's, Tommy's, Jarmo's collective asses all the time?  Without counter arguement or without some perspective, you wopuld all be just creaming all over yourselves with nut- huggingness.  This has never been more evident than when some of you read a press release and start bagging on Portland city officials.  Who do you think is more likely to have been the asshole to start a problem?  Axl and GNR management or some city official?  Why do you think Papa Roach blamed GNR and not Portland officials?

How's the coolaid?  Grape tonight?
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: November 07, 2006, 07:29:10 PM »

Where is that damn kiss ass icon......

You're so boring and predictable it's not even funny anymore...

You predicted I would say that?? Wow, you could be Axl's next psychic....? ?Roll Eyes

I'll drop it so as to not offend you all anymore.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 07:32:06 PM by Charity Case » Logged
mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #222 on: November 07, 2006, 07:33:36 PM »

Why do you think Papa Roach blamed GNR and not Portland officials?

Maybe Papa Roach aren't really aware of the reasons why the gig was cancelled...  hihi

Well... anyhow. Yawn.

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
madagas
« Reply #223 on: November 07, 2006, 07:34:09 PM »

Charity Case, ?get over yourself and go do something else....seriously. This thread is beyond ridiculous at this point. You have valid arguments, but really...what are you proving? Nothing. Idiots are idiots, especially in Gnr's world.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #224 on: November 07, 2006, 07:37:01 PM »

I love the "why are you here" line that creeps up when someone doesn't think the coolaid tastes good here.? I could set my clock to it.

Allow me to explain my existence here.? I'm here (and have been for 7 years) because I love GNR's music, I am anxious to hear the new material, and because this site has the best news section for GNR on the web.? I am not here because I think Axl is some great guy (he is not a great guy people).? I am not here to kiss Jarmo's ass (which many of you do with great effort).? I am not here to believe the words of someone with no credibility (referring to Axl not Beta here).? I am here to discuss GNR folks.? I used to love to post in the Jungle as well until the politcal threads were banned.? I'm here to discuss the good and the bad of GNR.? It may seem like I discuss the bad all too often.? That's because we already have a huge alotment of ass kissers here, so I feel compelled to provide a counter arguement on many occasions.? As much as you all hate to see negative posts, some of us here hate to see the blindness with which you swallow the coolaid.

I could ask a bunch of you why you are here if all you're gonna do is discuss the good and not the bad.? I mean what's the point of coming here and kissing Axl's, Beta's, Tommy's, Jarmo's collective asses all the time?? Without counter arguement or without some perspective, you wopuld all be just creaming all over yourselves with nut- huggingness.? This has never been more evident than when some of you read a press release and start bagging on Portland city officials.? Who do you think is more likely to have been the asshole to start a problem?? Axl and GNR management or some city official?? Why do you think Papa Roach blamed GNR and not Portland officials?

How's the coolaid?? Grape tonight?

Amen to that? beer best post in this whole thread
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2006, 07:37:55 PM »

I'm done Madagas.  This is what happens when someone has too much time to kill on the internet and it rains all day.   hihi
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2006, 07:38:55 PM »

Because she knows what hse is talking about and is too classy of a woman to come on here and make up all kinds of shit. So show her some respect.? rant

REAL classy when every other word she drops the F-Bomb? rofl

I love the "why are you here" line that creeps up when someone doesn't think the coolaid tastes good here.? I could set my clock to it.

Allow me to explain my existence here.? I'm here (and have been for 7 years) because I love GNR's music, I am anxious to hear the new material, and because this site has the best news section for GNR on the web.? I am not here because I think Axl is some great guy (he is not a great guy people).? I am not here to kiss Jarmo's ass (which many of you do with great effort).? I am not here to believe the words of someone with no credibility (referring to Axl not Beta here).? I am here to discuss GNR folks.? I used to love to post in the Jungle as well until the politcal threads were banned.? I'm here to discuss the good and the bad of GNR.? It may seem like I discuss the bad all too often.? That's because we already have a huge alotment of ass kissers here, so I feel compelled to provide a counter arguement on many occasions.? As much as you all hate to see negative posts, some of us here hate to see the blindness with which you swallow the coolaid.

I could ask a bunch of you why you are here if all you're gonna do is discuss the good and not the bad.? I mean what's the point of coming here and kissing Axl's, Beta's, Tommy's, Jarmo's collective asses all the time?? Without counter arguement or without some perspective, you wopuld all be just creaming all over yourselves with nut- huggingness.? This has never been more evident than when some of you read a press release and start bagging on Portland city officials.? Who do you think is more likely to have been the asshole to start a problem?? Axl and GNR management or some city official?? Why do you think Papa Roach blamed GNR and not Portland officials?

How's the coolaid?? Grape tonight?

I totally understand your sentiments. However, short and plain comments is not the way to go. I can't comment on your previous posts, but the one on this page is absolutely subject to critisism. If you want to counter the goody good people on this site, write something well thought out and constructive. They can't touch you on that. Believe me.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2006, 08:17:26 PM »

I think it's pretty simple...
The locals set a higher standard in security for GunsN'Roses and the managment took offense and also wouldn't have a show with said conditions
Why do some of you believe Beta?
It's all a big conspiracy mr. case
-sebastian bach, merch, bumblefoot, jarmo and many board-members are a part of it too... hihi

They might kill me now for revealing this to you, but the truth is out there!!!

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2006, 09:04:39 PM »

there is no winning with you guys. wow...you cant just drop it. the show didnt happen, not bands decision, not axls. if axl would of performed last night and that were no pyro, no drinking and people getting fined for smoking or band members getting arrested and other shows getting cancelled over that, you guys would of complained about that too. its always something to bitch about. i understand the frustation, but fuck...stop it already. lets look foward to the next show .
anyway...im done. most of you are just freaking complainers anyway and there is nothing that can be said that will make you stop.? for those of you who are coming to worcester, see you there.

At things like this, an official statement is enough, I believe in it. If the band gives an explanation, it should be enough for all of us, come on people... The tour is going well.. why not to believe in their words.

Beta is right, about time to stop in this topic.
I have criticized the band when I feel so, I'm not ass kisser and in this situation I think enough is enough !

cut the crap
 rant

//JK
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2006, 09:19:02 PM »

there is no winning with you guys. wow...you cant just drop it. the show didnt happen, not bands decision, not axls. if axl would of performed last night and that were no pyro, no drinking and people getting fined for smoking or band members getting arrested and other shows getting cancelled over that, you guys would of complained about that too. its always something to bitch about. i understand the frustation, but fuck...stop it already. lets look foward to the next show .
anyway...im done. most of you are just freaking complainers anyway and there is nothing that can be said that will make you stop.  for those of you who are coming to worcester, see you there.

Whoever you are... DAMN!!! THAT WAS GREAT... Thats what the doctor ordered...
But the sad thing is, you can only suppress it for so long before it comes back... 
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2006, 09:23:10 PM »

What about the guy who claimed the fire marshall had OKed this concert long ago?

I smell more bs coming from the GNR camp.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2006, 09:27:49 PM »

I think some people just need to move on and stop over analysing everything...shit happens...deal with it. 

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2006, 09:36:23 PM »

The vast majority of the members of this board are so fickle. You've been complaining for 4 years about not getting a Press Release regarding the Philly show and the 2002 Tour in General. As soon as you get a PR regarding the Maine show, you begin complaining by saying it is a fluff piece... then a member of Axl's camp comes forward and explains in greater detail what happened and you attack her?

In two days you have gotten things we have waited a decade for... imediate response and direct contact from the inner circle and you piss on it.

I don't get it.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2006, 09:38:49 PM »

I think some people just need to move on and stop over analysing everything...shit happens...deal with it. 

Your post sums it all up.

Some people need to just move on. Like Ive said before, by MSG we wont be talking about Portland anymore.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2006, 09:51:56 PM »

The vast majority of the members of this board are so fickle. You've been complaining for 4 years about not getting a Press Release regarding the Philly show and the 2002 Tour in General. As soon as you get a PR regarding the Maine show, you begin complaining by saying it is a fluff piece... then a member of Axl's camp comes forward and explains in greater detail what happened and you attack her?

Yes, I was thinkin' the same, if they don't say anything about it people will bitch, if they do... well, people will bitch anyway.
 drool

//JK
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2006, 09:55:14 PM »

In two days you have gotten things we have waited a decade for... imediate response and direct contact from the inner circle and you piss on it.

I don't get it.

Amen, brother.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
pumpkin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2006, 10:15:32 PM »

this is bullshit. lame, axl, lame.  that's why the venues won't sell out- not because people wouldn't love to see the music, but because axl is so unreliable.  at some point people say to themselves, eh, why bother?  and i don't blame them.  axl is too high maintenance.  maybe he thinks it's ok to push his fans to the limit, but you know what, axl, most people can't be bothered.  what, so axl can't have pyro and he's going to throw a temper tantrum and not play.  i've accepted that everything in my life can't go the way i want, why can't axl?  it's time he learned that he needs to suck it up and that everything in life can't be the way he wants.  he seriously needs better advisors.  he needs someone to say, "axl, whatever they are asking you to do or not to do, just go out there and give those people a good show.  if you can't handle that, don't book a tour.  just stay home and be a big fucking baby."  he's not punishing the fire marshal by not playing, he's punishing the fans who want to go see him perform.  he should get on his knees and thank god there is anyone left to want to buy tickets to see him play.  next time they won't.  when was this cancelled, the VERY day of the show?  that's too late.  it's a terrible mind fuck for the fans. 
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2006, 11:03:13 PM »

I think it's pretty simple...
The locals set a higher standard in security for GunsN'Roses and the managment took offense and also wouldn't have a show with said conditions
Why do some of you believe Beta?
It's all a big conspiracy mr. case
-sebastian bach, merch, bumblefoot, jarmo and many board-members are a part of it too... hihi

They might kill me now for revealing this to you, but the truth is out there!!!

Don't forget the fire marshalls! They are in on it as well. Why else would they let their names be used unless they were paid ridiculous sums of money? Who else could be in on this conspiracy? Probably some of the complainers are plants. The more we focus on them and yell at them the less we can focus on the conspiracy. WAKE UP PEOPLE! My god, pull the wool from your eyes! This is a conspiracy just like 9/11 (South Park anyone?).

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2006, 02:15:33 AM »

Oh, so you're not whinners... It's just that everything coming out of the GN'R camp is simply a lie...

And I kept on wondering why can't these people shut the fuck up...

If you trully believe that every PR we'll be getting from GN'R in the next months or years IS a lie, cause all I see here is some people who don't believe shit, then you should go and get your heads examined.

Doubting somebody is logical, but you've reached paranoia...

Check out your posts...

That press release was vague enough to avoid a lawsuit.  It's more opinion than fact really.  It is a lie nonetheless.

Your first post on this thread... Funny...

You think just because we finally get some live shows after a million years of inactivity we should all be satisfied?  Bullshit!  I won't be satisfied until the album comesd out.  And then only if it lves up to all the expectations.

Second post.

Oh, we'll cry so hard if it doesn't live up to your expectations...

Well that makes us even because I can't believe the shit you censor here sometime nor can I believe the degree to which you (and others) just drink the coolaid that's poured for you.   Tongue

You're free to leave.

You act like this is an act of kindness.  He did it because he wants to fill the arena in Worcester.  He has no control over this either.  When he changed the Jacksonville date, I got a refurnd and then purchased my Tampa tickets....without Axl's permission.  Imagine that.   Shocked

Believe that if you want, but we all know Axl is the one with the final word on what gets cancelled.  We also all know that Axl is an incredible dick sometimes and can pull some pretty petty and stupid stuff (this isn't even arguable).

We do? I'm sorry, last time I checked you're just a poster on a board, not Axl's manager, not Axl's friend, not Axl's family.

Jarmo, I'm not sure why you only want one point of view here, or why people who might have a differing opinion are pretty much outcasts with their posts deleted and threads removed, but in case you haven't noticed, there are sometimes thinsg in the gNR world that are worth questioning.  Like that bogus press release for instance.

Worth questioning? Ok, I'll accept that. You question the cancellation and the PR. Beta posts here, she explains what happened and you're talking about agendas.

So, it's not about questioning here, is it? You're reached a verdict. It's all Axl's fault. It doesn't matter who explains things to you, even if it's one of the closest people to Axl, you still don't care. It's all a lie, just cause you say so.

I believe the press release. These two fire marshalls could have been on some bizarre power trip.

That's pretty hard to believe.  A power trip?  Come on.

You? Negative? Come on... You're just questioning things... I mean, where in the world have you heard of authorities being on a power trip... Right?

You really come across as a clueless negative whiner with your posts.

Typical.  Someone with a different view of the situation who dares to question the honesty of a GNR press release is labeled a clueless whiner.  Yet those that blindly believe in everything Axl says are held up as model members here. 

Jarmo, just look at some of the Papa Roach quotes or even past behavior.  It is Axl who has the final say on when they go on stage and if they go on at all.  I think you'd find very few people who believe the concert last night was pulled by anyone besides Axl.  I'm sure he had input, but ultimately it is his call.  I don't see the road crew going to Axl and saying, "we're upset with the fire marshall, you need to cancel tonight". 

Well, ofcourse, the bad ass-kissing forum and its model members and the rebel who had the guts to stand up to his beliefs...

You're not having a different view of the situation. You're having a negative view of the situation and noone can change it. That's what seeing things in a negative way means. Noone can change your opinion. You won't accept anything. Once you believe it's Axl's fault, no PR, not Beta, not anyone can convince you it's not like that...

And let's not forget Papa Roach... They're always right...

I've been to concerts at CCCC many times.  I have seen lots of smoking and drinking without people being fined or arrested.  Why on earth would the rules change for GNR?

Cause they've been singled out? But no... That never happens. It's all Axl's fault.

there is nothing that can be said that will make you stop

Beta, no offense meant here, but there are two things could be said to stop the "whining".  First, issue a release date for the album.  Second, and just for once, have Axl take a small bit of blame for something.  Seriously, if all i did was read and believe GNR press releases I'd think he was the second coming of the virgin mary and everyone else was the devil out to get him.  I'd think Slash had a bit role in the original band.  I'd think Buckethead was to blame for missing RIR4 (or whatever number that was).  I'd think the security guard in the hotel lobby in Europe threw his skin into Axl's mouth.  I'm exagerrating, but you see the point.

Issuing statements that make it sound like Portland officials are out to get GNR is a bit hard to believe.

So, what you're saying here, is that once the album comes out and it lives up to your expectations, and if the same shit happens again, it WILL be the official's fault? All Axl has to do is take some blame for it and you'll believe him? Not all of the blame...

And we were wondering what would make our special board member happy...

Check your pm's, the album's release date is in there.

so what you are saying is that now you want axl to take the blame for shit he had nothing to do with?  Huh

Well ofcourse Beta, if Charity Case says so, Axl should do it... I mean, if he doesn't, then he doesn't care about his fans.  hihi

Why do some of you believe Beta?  Is it because she is connected to GNR?  She is hardly someone who would be objective.  She would say anything she is told to say by management or Axl.  Does the word "agenda" mean anything to you people?

They just showed the interview with Papa Roach from the CCCC.  You want to get a clue as to who's to blame for this mess.  Just look at that interview.  They basically blame Axl for this.  They apologized to their fans and went out of their way to let them know that they had nothing to do with this and that they should have expected shit like this to happen with a GNR tour.  They didn't rant and rave about the city officials, they blamed GNR.

Some of you are so damn gullible.  To believe Beta of all people who is the only one here with an agenda.  SLC, I'm surprised that you beleive her.  You are politically sauvy enough to know when an agenda is in play.

Wake up guys.  Try to separate your love of GNR from reality.  Axl is a great song writer/singer, but if you ask 1,000 random people what they think of him you'll get 890 "asshole" replies.  That's his MO and you guys drink the coolaid every time.

And why should I believe Papa Roach and not Beta? You choose to believe Papa Roach, I choose to believe Beta.

Maybe you should join a Papa Roach forum, since all the "legitimate" news about GN'R are coming from that camp...

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2006, 02:15:51 AM »

Still an asshole, by all means, but a slightly reasonable asshole hihi

I agree with you there.  He seems more stable. 

But still a liar...

You can find it on various Papa Roach forums...

Allow me to explain my existence here.  I'm here (and have been for 7 years) because I love GNR's music, I am anxious to hear the new material, and because this site has the best news section for GNR on the web. 

No it doesn't. We've just posted a PR from GN'R and you don't believe it.

I am not here because I think Axl is some great guy (he is not a great guy people).

We are allowed to have a different opinion, right? But, no, you've reached your verdict, after so many years of friendship. He's not a great guy, you ALWAYS know better than the rest of the ass-kissers on this board.

I am not here to kiss Jarmo's ass (which many of you do with great effort).

Yes, that's the reason I'm here, to kiss Jarmo's ass. I hate GN'R.

I am not here to believe the words of someone with no credibility (referring to Axl not Beta here). 

But ofcourse... Have you mentioned the size of his... you know... I mean you know so much about the guy...

I am here to discuss GNR folks.

In a very positive way... of anybody else BUT GN'R...

I used to love to post in the Jungle as well until the politcal threads were banned. 

AHA, that's where I remember you from, my favorite political threads...

I'm here to discuss the good and the bad of GNR.  It may seem like I discuss the bad all too often. 

Naaaaaaaah... You? The bad?

That's because we already have a huge alotment of ass kissers here, so I feel compelled to provide a counter arguement on many occasions.  As much as you all hate to see negative posts, some of us here hate to see the blindness with which you swallow the coolaid.

THANK YOU SO MUCH... YOU'RE PROVIDING SUCH A GOOD SERVICE ON THIS BOARD...

I could ask a bunch of you why you are here if all you're gonna do is discuss the good and not the bad. 

Kiss Jarmo's ass... I think we've talked about that.

I mean what's the point of coming here and kissing Axl's, Beta's, Tommy's, Jarmo's collective asses all the time? 

Cause it tastes good, don't it?

Without counter arguement or without some perspective, you wopuld all be just creaming all over yourselves with nut- huggingness.  This has never been more evident than when some of you read a press release and start bagging on Portland city officials.  Who do you think is more likely to have been the asshole to start a problem?  Axl and GNR management or some city official?  Why do you think Papa Roach blamed GNR and not Portland officials?

Cause Papa Roach ROCK man... They really rock. I mean, that's why they're the headliners. And the city officials, they're good people. Really. They're NEVER on a power trip...

How's the coolaid?  Grape tonight?

Great.

You're so boring and predictable it's not even funny anymore...

You predicted I would say that?  Wow, you could be Axl's next psychic....   Roll Eyes

I'll drop it so as to not offend you all anymore.

Actually, I did predict that. And yes, Axl asked me, but I'd rather be Jarmo's psychic. You know, ass-kissing is a lot easier when you're close to the person and not from another country...

Offend me? You? I could be laughing for days with this comment...

All I see here is a bitter person, who can only whine and moan on the internet about a person he doesn't even know. But the press always tells the truth, right? Axl is an asshole...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: