Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:47:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 43708 times)
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2006, 01:38:40 PM »

so what you are saying is that now you want axl to take the blame for shit he had nothing to do with? Huh?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2006, 01:41:08 PM »

so what you are saying is that now you want axl to take the blame for shit he had nothing to do with?  Huh

Beta dont even waste your time with these stupid people. They are all disrespectfull whiners who think that Axl is to blame for everything and that they are owed somethiing. They think Axl is here to slave to their needs and all this shit. Fuck em, they are never gonna change. It's just sickening coming on the board reading all this negative shit from so called fans when there is so many positive things happening at the moment, minus last night.

It never ends, pretty soon they will be bitching about what songs the band decided to put on the album when it gets released.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 01:42:46 PM by ChineseTwAt » Logged
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2006, 01:45:02 PM »

Beta Some trolls on here are assholes, they will never get it , do not waste your time.

Rest assured the majority of this board supports GNR and are not haters or whinners.

What happens as the band gets momentum and succeeds the haters come out of the woodwork to always try and keep them down, but as we all know this train is a rollin and there si no stoping it now.

GNR will rule the world again. Count on it.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2006, 01:50:50 PM »

so what you are saying is that now you want axl to take the blame for shit he had nothing to do with? Huh?

Speaking for myself, this is definitely not what I want. I don't want Axl to take blame for anything that he isn't responsible for, and I don't lay this incident at his door. I do feel that it could have been handled better, and that a clearer explanation could be provided - not necessarily by Axl, but by someone in the organization(Axl if he wanted to). There are some hardcore fans here who are feeling let down and disrespected by someone, and they are looking for someone to blame. Obviously, Axl is going to be an easy target. I don't support that, but I just want to point out that I walked by the CCC 1/2 an hour ago, and "FUK AXL" is spray-painted on the building in 2 places. Again, I don't agree with that at all, but it is how some people feel after last night. There is/was a lot of love for this band here, and I'm sorry to repeat myself, but no one who has been to any other concert(of which there have been more than a few) at the venue has experienced the so-called threats and harassment that are being described in the press release. That doesn't mean that it was the band's fault, but we need something more concrete to work with. I don't think that is an unreasonable request, but I'll shut up about it after this.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2006, 01:51:07 PM »

It seems the closer we actually get to CD release the more people fucking complain about the same stuff over and over again!

Jonx
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2006, 01:56:22 PM »

It seems the closer we actually get to CD release the more people fucking complain about the same stuff over and over again!

Jonx

Or the closer we get to CD not being released. If we had definite sings that it was coming I believe the backlash from yesterday would be alot different.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2006, 01:57:16 PM »

Beta Some trolls on here are assholes, they will never get it , do not waste your time.

Rest assured the majority of this board supports GNR and are not haters or whinners.

What happens as the band gets momentum and succeeds the haters come out of the woodwork to always try and keep them down, but as we all know this train is a rollin and there si no stoping it now.

GNR will rule the world again. Count on it.

That's cold, man. I'm not a hater or a whiner. I'm very happy that the band is out playing shows, and I'm just as excited about the new album coming out as anybody. Off the point, but relevant - I have been into this band AFD came out - well before their videos were on MTV- because I saw a feature on them in the back of a Hit Parader magazine and thought they looked cool and dangerous. I bought the album and it basically changed my teenage life. Axl is probably my favorite rock star of all time. I'm only trying to portray the situation from the perspective of people who live in this town, and ask for a more detailed explanation.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »

Axl is a cog in big machine, ahbiet a big cog, but at the end of the day the tour is run by a management team, that's what they are paid to do. ?Axl will have the final say on lots of things but the H&S of putting on a show must fall squarely on the shoulders of the promoter and the venue. ?If common ground is so far apart then the shown doesn't go on - period.

Axl may be the man when it comes to music, but believe my Axl or any other sane person won't own a dog and bark themselves. ?Thanks Beta for coming to the darkside, you didn't have to but your imput does clear things up for most of us. ?

On a plus side, the right decision was made, unlike Leeds 2002, it seems that sticking by the book is an issue with the bods in charge. Just like Leeds 2002 common sense pervailled and no gamble on peoples lives (and I don't just mean the breething bit) was taken, the band don't need a St Louis or Philly, they've done that shit and obviously just wanna play music, give the fans 100% -that doesn't come without going the whole 10 yards

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2006, 02:04:27 PM »

What i dont understand is why they didnt still play?

The stage is set, pyros or no pyros, drinks or no drinks, smokes or no smokes---- who gives a fuck!

People come to see the music and their band, no one really cares about pyro, drinks can be put on hold till after the show so thats no biggie, im sure people can hold off smoking for a few hours to see the band they paid and traveled to see!

Beta01, you dont see he fans side of things, your all bought and paid for by axl so money is not a problem for you.

The fans came to see the show, so play it!

Unless there were  `other` reasons which are being covered up like poor ticket sales or axl still hungover from the night before?

-------and time goes by-------
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2006, 02:09:20 PM »

It seems it was a choice between two evils from the people responsible. Play the show with a chance of picky officials throwing a hissy fit, and knowing Axl would simply not stand for that (ie. Leeds 02) and have a midway cancelled gig and a riot. Or you cancell the gig, take the short mediabacklash and move on.

I think the GN'R camp are extremely cautious of not having another riot on their hands. I mean, how the fuck do you recover from that shit on your second comeback tour?

DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2006, 02:10:08 PM »

Right on polluxlm.

I can understand why the band cancelled if the allegations are correct.
How much fun would it to be to have hundreds of fans carried out by security or fined for smoking/drinking/sneaking in airport liquor bottles?
And who tells a band they can't drink or smoke during their show? That's crazy.
And who was going to judge the danger of the pyro?!
They were being set up to fail.
And with this news, obviously, management should come out with the total truth before the news media starts blaming Axl again.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2006, 02:10:13 PM »

Wow...I had only read the PR this morning and just browsed through the thread to see what the ruckus was about.

Trust me guys..take the PR at face value....this one wasn't Axl and crew's fault. ?The show you would have gotten, given the buildings "demands" (which, FYI, would have more appropriately been made when they signed the show), would have sucked anyway. ?If I were Axl's managment, I wouldn't want a sub par show being put on, simply because of the venue being dicks, either. ?I actually think it's a pretty stand up showing to let people do free exchanges of tix to the DCU. ?I know the travel time isn't ideal, but....at least they're trying to make it right..even when it isn't their fault.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 02:17:12 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2006, 02:16:20 PM »

What i dont understand is why they didnt still play?

The stage is set, pyros or no pyros, drinks or no drinks, smokes or no smokes---- who gives a fuck!

People come to see the music and their band, no one really cares about pyro, drinks can be put on hold till after the show so thats no biggie, im sure people can hold off smoking for a few hours to see the band they paid and traveled to see!

Beta01, you dont see he fans side of things, your all bought and paid for by axl so money is not a problem for you.

The fans came to see the show, so play it!

Unless there were? `other` reasons which are being covered up like poor ticket sales or axl still hungover from the night before?

See I see it differently. ?Maybe it's because I once worked in/for a venue. ?I think they had the fans best interests at heart. ?They could either play a crappy (through no fault of thiers) show that everyone would have slagged on and, most likely, had a bunch of their fans, and possibly crew members, ?hauled out in handcuffs all for the FULL admission priceOR they could cancel the show and offer a make good opportunity at the DCU, and offer ticket refunds.

If I were an artist, making my living by the quality of my work, I think I'd prefer the limited backlash of show cancellation, especially since I can explain the situation of WHY the show is cancelled. to the alternative: A show that does not live up to my standards.

Together again,
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2006, 02:17:36 PM »

Wow...I had only read the PR this morning and just browsed through the thread to see what the ruckus was about.

Trust me guys..take the PR at face value....this one wasn't Axl and crew's fault. ?The show you would have gotten, given the buildings "demands" (which, FYI, would have more appropriately been made when they signed the show), would have sucked anyway. ?If I were Axl's managment, I wouldn't want a sub par show being put on, simply because of the venue being dicks, either. ?I actually think it's a pretty stand up showing to let people do free exchanges of tix to the DCU. ?I know the travel time isn't ideal, but....at least they're trying to make it right..even when it isn't there fault.

They are, and I respect that. Maybe I'm just frustrated by the situation in general - especially when expressing that frustration gets you labelled a "hater" and "whiner."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2006, 02:25:01 PM »

[

They are, and I respect that. Maybe I'm just frustrated by the situation in general - especially when expressing that frustration gets you labelled a "hater" and "whiner."

I think it's the direction of the frustration that is bothering people. ?Being frustrated is completely understandable...just direct that frustration at the place it deserves to be directed: The venue. ?Heck, maybe write them a letter and send it to their marketing department explaining how disappointed you are, etc. ?They'll respond, of course, that they were just trying to make sure the show was in a "safe and welcoming environment" (ie: we were worried about the "element" gnr would bring, and about gnr's repuation, so we decided to fuck with them)..but at least they might think twice if enough people express being ticked off.

And on beta's words....remember, beta's frustrated, too. ?Frustrated at the show cancellation, and how it went down. ?Frustrated at the venue. ?And frustrated by some of the fan reaction because she knows the band WANTED to play that show for you. ?So maybe cut her some of the slack you all want to be cut (and that's not just directed at you, requiem...but at everyone in general).

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2006, 02:29:25 PM »

Axl is a perfectionist ( as we all know). If he cant put on a show at the level he wants it to be, than why do a half ass show? The pyro & effects make a difference. Seems logical to me.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2006, 02:31:33 PM »

They can say what they want but the facts are in my opinion, when u only sell 3,000 tickets, with production costs, salaries and various other overhead, Selling only 3,000 seats would've left GNR spending out of their own pocket.

I think GNR have the wrong mindset.

Me Id rather see a GNR show at 50 percent than not see one at all.

What would disappoint u the most? Seeing an average show or not seeing a show at all?

DUR no brainer.

Axl needs to do something though if he is really serious about comin back.

Yes, GN'R have a different mindset. But it's not because they're irresponsible, unproffessional, cynical or simply lazy. It's because they have to deal with Mr. W. Axl Rose and plan their strategies based on his wishes, behaviour and possible behaviour.

You think it's easy going on tour like they did in 02 and deal with god knows what in the background? If this was a normal band with a normal frontman they could very well have done the show anyway. It would have been a subpar show and there would have been some critisism. One could also go this route with a person like Axl, but with him there's also the risk of something going seriously wrong. No pun intended, that's just the way he is.

When you as an employee, with your client and your own job in mind, has to take these things into consideration, you might end up making decisions others wouldn't.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 02:34:30 PM by polluxlm » Logged

phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2006, 02:31:37 PM »

i see it differently, people paid for their tickets
paid for their travel either by air/car/bus/train etc...
take a day or 2 off work specifically for this ONE show.
Build up all day waiting for the gig.
Queue up hours before the show to get a good spot in the arena.
And the band fails to take the stage because of some lame excuse?

Surely before the gig was arranged they were given site specific snags on procedures such as pyro use and alcohol.
I dont believe for one minute that the management couldnt have known about this days before the event, even the day before would be something!

The band could have still played a show without all the dressings.
and why not, wouldnt it be nice to see the band actually just play music?
Do you really need all the bangs and flashes to make a show?
Do you really need to drink at the show when u can drink before and after?

-------and time goes by-------
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2006, 02:34:22 PM »

I got no beef with axl or the band, I will always hate management because it honestly seems like they do nothing for us period.  The band puts on the shows, writes the songs, etc...   Every thing else is up to mgmt, you would think that when they first booked the show they would see something about this in the contract or maybe ask them if the explosions are ok.  Then again maybe they did and the venue dropped all this on them at the last minute.  Either way we really get nothing from them, for example we found out through ticket master of the first few shows of the tour, I think they were about 3 weeks behind on that.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »

Do you really need to drink at the show when u can drink before and after?

I wasn't gonna post in this thread anymore, but I had to respond to this one....

If there was no drinking allowed at the show, there would be some SERIOUS complaining...fights and all kinds of bad things. ?I don't drink and even I know that. ?Some people who go to the show want to get totally shitfaced doing it.

and I'm done, I swear

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: