Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:04:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 43716 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2006, 11:39:55 AM »

This is kind of tongue and cheek. . . .

If by chance the rumor of the show being cancelled was because of poor ticket sales, do you think the band owes it to the fans that are traveling from Portland ME to go on closer to the time on the ticket 10pm. ?I feel bad for the fans that live in the portland area that will travel to worcester and have to start driving home at 2am for a 2 hour drive.

Now before people jump down my throat for posting the above - read my previous posts, I have always supported this band and I never bitch about them going on late. ?I just feel in this case - if the above mentioned rumor is true, and thats why they canceled the show, I feel the band should do the right thing. ?

BTW - I have no problem with canceling a show becasue of lack of sales - business is business.

Anyway - my 2 cents.

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.

Thank you Beta for clearing that up. Now maybe you whining motherfuckers can get your moaning done to the people who fucked up the show causing it to be cancelled, but oh wait no you wont do that because it doesnt really affect you that much, you wasnt going to the show and now the Band are innocent you dont really see the point in moaning about it. So lets just pretend its all still the bands fault, cause all they tell us is fucking lies eh.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2006, 11:58:36 AM »

This is kind of tongue and cheek. . . .

If by chance the rumor of the show being cancelled was because of poor ticket sales, do you think the band owes it to the fans that are traveling from Portland ME to go on closer to the time on the ticket 10pm.  I feel bad for the fans that live in the portland area that will travel to worcester and have to start driving home at 2am for a 2 hour drive.

Now before people jump down my throat for posting the above - read my previous posts, I have always supported this band and I never bitch about them going on late.  I just feel in this case - if the above mentioned rumor is true, and thats why they canceled the show, I feel the band should do the right thing. 

BTW - I have no problem with canceling a show becasue of lack of sales - business is business.

Anyway - my 2 cents.

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.

Fair enough.  But I am curious.  Don't they have an advance team that goes out, say the day before, and works out these issues, so if there is a problem, they don't have to cancel right before the show?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2006, 12:02:06 PM »

hey, at least Beta provides some concrete information, and, unless the fire marshal rebuts, it does sound like they were being very unreasonable to the point where a show perhaps couldn't -- or shouldn't -- go on. ?very interesting stuff. ?Sounds like the fire marshal and the GnR road manager did not get along and things just escalated so this was different than restrictions for other bands. ?That doesn't mean that GnR was necessarily singled-out: if the road manager was being difficult, the fire marshal's response might not have been unprovoked. ?But it does suggest that the restrictions were more than just "no pyro"
anythinggoes
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2006, 12:04:43 PM »

Thank you Beta for clearing that up. Now maybe you whining motherfuckers can get your moaning done to the people who fucked up the show causing it to be cancelled, but oh wait no you wont do that because it doesnt really affect you that much, you wasnt going to the show and now the Band are innocent you dont really see the point in moaning about it. So lets just pretend its all still the bands fault, cause all they tell us is fucking lies eh.

What are you kidding?? Do you think that's really Beta and there is a hint of truth to whatever the poster said??

Hey look, I don't know much more than the next guy, but I'm pretty sure the issue wasn't regarding fines for "smoking cigarettes and being intoxicated".. That sounds like something a 16 yr old came up with.

It's funny, I looked up 2 local TV station websites, and neither even bothered to mention the event..

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/regional/default.aspx

http://www.wmtw.com/news/index.html

Granted, with election day there is plenty of other news going on, but to not even be mentioned kinda puts GnR's relevance among the general public into perspective.

Trust me if it wasnt Beta she would have been banned a long long time ago and she is still here so its her.
Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2006, 12:08:01 PM »

Why does everything have to be a Conspiracy to some of you guys? Did you watch that Oliver Stone movie JFK too many times? Perhaps spoonfed that crap on the net about 9/11 being a big plan by the govt?

They gave us a press release explaining in english why they cancelled, yet that is not enough for some of you . Explain then, what WOULD be enough? '

Hell Axl could make a video and put it on YouTube and tell the whole story and you would say he is lying. He could have the fire marshells themselve say it , you would say he paid them off. Face it, your just looking for ANY reason to blame the band for everything that ever happens and some of you blame Axl for anything and everything no matter who says otherwise.

I am proud to be a GnR fan and have been so since 1987, but I am truely embarassed at times to be associated with some of the other so called " Fans" .

See you in Quebec City on the 18th!!

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2006, 12:12:33 PM »

Why does everything have to be a Conspiracy to some of you guys? Did you watch that Oliver Stone movie JFK too many times? Perhaps spoonfed that crap on the net about 9/11 being a big plan by the govt?

They gave us a press release explaining in english why they cancelled, yet that is not enough for some of you . Explain then, what WOULD be enough? '

Hell Axl could make a video and put it on YouTube and tell the whole story and you would say he is lying. He could have the fire marshells themselve say it , you would say he paid them off. Face it, your just looking for ANY reason to blame the band for everything that ever happens and some of you blame Axl for anything and everything no matter who says otherwise.

I am proud to be a GnR fan and have been so since 1987, but I am truely embarassed at times to be associated with some of the other so called " Fans" .

See you in Quebec City on the 18th!!

I agree with you man, alot of people will find ANY excuse to blame not only the band but Axl himself. ?OH of COURSE it's all his fault ?Roll Eyes

You just get to the point where you have to start giggling at them. ?Getting angry will only make them happy hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2006, 12:16:39 PM »

Look, that statement I made was only meant as a joke - bad as it may have been.

I have been a fan of this band since the second I saw SCOM on MTV for the first time. I feel really bad for all the people that lost out last night. Unfortunately GnR (because if I say Axl you'll say it isn't always his fault) doesn't have the best rep when it comes to timely notification for cancellations. I try to be positive, but it sure can get hard sometimes.

I just kinda feel that Axl doesn't hold the fans as important as a lot of artists might. If he wanted too, couldn't he have said "turn the friggen pyro off and lets rock this half-empty arena's doors off. We'll blame the FM tomorrow in a press release"?. If he wanted too couldn't he have said "let the drunks get carted off - we don't need 'em. If they can't stand, how can they jam with us"?. Can't he say "publish the release date of CD and let our fans breathe a sigh of relief"?

Does anyone think that if given the choice, the ticket holders last night wouldn't take a pyro-free, smoke-free, drunkard-free show over a cancellation?

Does anyone think that keeping the release date a secret til the last possible second is gonna help sell more?

Sorry, I want reasons not to bitch.
Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2006, 12:33:40 PM »

I agree with you man, alot of people will find ANY excuse to blame not only the band but Axl himself.  OH of COURSE it's all his fault  Roll Eyes

Hey, all I'm asking is:
How come Green Day concerts never get cancelled
How come Pearl Jam concerts never get cancelled
How come Metallica concerts never get cancelled
How come Audioslave concerts never get cancelled
How come AIC concerts never get cancelled

Green Day cancelled their tour in 96 in mid tour. Claimed Exhaustion on the lead singer's part.

June 26, 1995

Pearl Jam cancels the remaining seven dates of its tour after a pair of San Diego dates are cancelled by an overzealous sheriff, a Utah show is rained out, and a food-poisoned Eddie Vedder is unable to finish a San Francisco date.

Metallica cancelled shows  http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=16191

From AudioSlave's own website     San Diego CANCELLED for TONIGHT

The Audioslave show tonight in San Diego has been postponed. There is currently no news on when the rescheduled date will be. We apologize for the late notice.

[posted 5/17/2005 U.S.A.]

I do not know what AIC is so I couldn't google it.

BUt as you can clearly see... ALL bands have to cancel on occasion. The problem is only GnR gets wide spread media coverage when it happens. Why is that?

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
disillusionz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2006, 12:34:25 PM »

They're at a point where each and every time one of their shows get cancelled - it sends a major negative message to their fanbase. If this was one of the first times they dropped a show - it would be no big deal. What makes matters worse is that they've never really made any attempt to make ammends towards the masses of disapointed fans who had cancelled shows ..beyond the point of simply refunding their tickets. Usually this is accompanied with vague or nonexistent explanations.

So now it's more or less a matter of them crying wolf. Crediblity is history. Each subsequent cancelled show will have a severely detrimental effect on future ticket sales - regardless of reason or issues beyond the band's control.

...this is a conformity that cannot be escaped with the usual "Gee it wasn't our fault" mumbo jumbo.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2006, 12:41:32 PM »

I'm starting to hate this board now.

I'm not posting until after the MSG show and only will after the HD advert has been shown and theres a release date announcement.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2006, 12:42:42 PM »

I was supposed to go to the show, I arrived at the Civic Center around 7 and talked to some of the guards that were around.? One said that he had heard two reasons why the show was cancelled, Axl didn't want to perform in a half empty arena and that he was told he couldn't drink on stage, which I don't believe at all.? I'm not exactly sure what story to believe, it makes sense either both ways.? I can see how the press release could be correct, I doubt the fire marshals were thrilled about having Gn'R play due to their reputation.? However, I could see Axl upset with poor ticket sales.

Someone I talked to allegedly knew the person who was doing Axl's hair a few hours before the show was cancelled.? Not sure how credible that is, but apparantly he was there ready to perform.

The worst part for me was that I came down all the way from Boston because making the Worcester show was not feasible.? Hopefully they will schedule a show at the garden soon.

I think booking a show in Maine was a big mistake to begin with.? It's too small of a market for a band that hasn't had a new album in years to attract concert goers.

I agree about the 'small market', especially for a band that hasn't put an album out or any new material.. I've been to bars that probably hold close to 1,000. So 3,000 is pretty bad.

I don't beleive your 'person who knew someone who did Axl's hair' story for a second. Sorry, I don't think you're lying, but whoever told you that is full of shit.

I think it probably came down to some give & take by both parties (Fire Marshall's may have been a little strict, GnR gave an ultimatum of either all or nothing). In the end, only the fans lost!?

Rhino - yeah that's a decent guess. GA section could be something they were debating. Again, we'll probably never hear either side's story.

cut the crap... you just have no clue. I don't see how fans would loose anything... go read PR again...
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2006, 12:52:33 PM »

cut the crap... you just have no clue. I don't see how fans would loose anything... go read PR again...

Are you f'ing kidding me?!! Just when I was going to stop writing in this thread!! I was talking about the fans who showed up to the concert. Axl took the whole night away from them, imagine if you were going to attend, myb even scheduled off from work today expecting to be out until 2am etc. People who drove several hours to get there. And you're going to say "I don't see how fans would loose anything"
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2006, 12:56:39 PM »

Are you f'ing kidding me?!! Just when I was going to stop writing in this thread!! I was talking about the fans who showed up to the concert. Axl took the whole night away from them, imagine if you were going to attend, myb even scheduled off from work today expecting to be out until 2am etc. People who drove several hours to get there. And you're going to say "I don't see how fans would loose anything"

"made it impossible for the band to perform their show to the usual high standards that their fans deserve."

so?

The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2006, 01:03:04 PM »

and since when does Beta the speaking for Axl and his management...i find this so hard to believe, i even doubt that this is really Beta
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »

there is no winning with you guys. wow...you cant just drop it. the show didnt happen, not bands decision, not axls. if axl would of performed last night and that were no pyro, no drinking and people getting fined for smoking or band members getting arrested and other shows getting cancelled over that, you guys would of complained about that too. its always something to bitch about. i understand the frustation, but fuck...stop it already. lets look foward to the next show .
anyway...im done. most of you are just freaking complainers anyway and there is nothing that can be said that will make you stop.  for those of you who are coming to worcester, see you there.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2006, 01:22:18 PM »

and since when does Beta the speaking for Axl and his management...i find this so hard to believe, i even doubt that this is really Beta

beta is smokin.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
madagas
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2006, 01:23:04 PM »

give em hell Beta...time to move on.  ok
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2006, 01:26:45 PM »

there is no winning with you guys. wow...you cant just drop it. the show didnt happen, not bands decision, not axls. if axl would of performed last night and that were no pyro, no drinking and people getting fined for smoking or band members getting arrested and other shows getting cancelled over that, you guys would of complained about that too. its always something to bitch about. i understand the frustation, but fuck...stop it already. lets look foward to the next show .
anyway...im done. most of you are just freaking complainers anyway and there is nothing that can be said that will make you stop.  for those of you who are coming to worcester, see you there.

I'll see you there!!! can't wait to party and eat backstage! I can't wait to see everyone. I'v met tommy in Providence afew years ago so it will be good to see him.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »

there is nothing that can be said that will make you stop

Beta, no offense meant here, but there are two things could be said to stop the "whining". ?First, issue a release date for the album. ?Second, and just for once, have Axl take a small bit of blame for something. ?Seriously, if all i did was read and believe GNR press releases I'd think he was the second coming of the virgin mary and everyone else was the devil out to get him. ?I'd think Slash had a bit role in the original band. ?I'd think Buckethead was to blame for missing RIR4 (or whatever number that was). ?I'd think the security guard in the hotel lobby in Europe threw his skin into Axl's mouth. ?I'm exagerrating, but you see the point.

Issuing statements that make it sound like Portland officials are out to get GNR is a bit hard to believe.

Have fun in Worcseter. ?I went to undergrad there and met my wife there. ?I also saw GNR for the first time there on back to back nights in 1991. ?Armpit of America, but I still love the town.
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2006, 01:34:28 PM »

there is nothing that can be said that will make you stop

Beta, no offense meant here, but there are two things could be said to stop the "whining".  First, issue a release date for the album.  Second, and just for once, have Axl take a small bit of blame for something.  Seriously, if all i did was read and believe GNR press releases I'd think he was the second coming of the virgin mary and everyone else was the devil out to get him.  I'd think Slash had a bit role in the original band.  I'd think Buckethead was to blame for missing RIR4 (or whatever number that was).  I'd think the security guard in the hotel lobby in Europe threw his skin into Axl's mouth.  I'm exagerrating, but you see the point.

Issuing statements that make it sound like Portland officials are out to get GNR is a bit hard to believe.

Have fun in Worcseter.  I went to undergrad there and met my wife there.  I also saw GNR for the first time there on back to back nights in 1991.  Armpit of America, but I still love the town.

I hope your not trying to make it look like axl is a premadonna!

Watch out, youll get a nasty letter put up on the gnr website about you! Tongue

-------and time goes by-------
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: