Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:31:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 265571 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #960 on: May 06, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »

My Space and Twitter

I told him how much I liked Angel Down and how I loved By Your Side etc etc and he responded with a great thanks it means a lot, glad u dig the album or something.

its on my Twitter somewhere

I love the song By Your Side. I like it better than the CD ballads to be honest. It has very deep meaning to me due to the subject matter.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #961 on: May 06, 2009, 07:31:48 PM »

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Bach LIVE at Citi Field Mets VS. Pirates May 9 !

VH1 Classic presents singer, songwriter, actor and entertainer Sebastian Bach to perform at the NY Mets Autism Awareness Day on Saturday, May 9, 2009 at Citi Field. Bach is best known for selling 20 million albums as the original lead singer of Skid Row. He has gone on to star on Broadway and television, including five seasons on CW?s Gilmore Girls, as well as hit shows on VH1, MTV, & CMT. Bach?s latest project is Angel Down, his first solo album since 1999. The record features 14 new songs with a guest appearance by Guns N Roses front man Axl Rose on three recordings, including a blistering version of Aerosmith's 'Back In The Saddle'.

Sebastian Bach will perform a set at the NY Mets game at Citi Field (the new Shea Stadium) in support of VH1 Classic Rock Autism, a campaign that is designed to help educate parents and build awareness about autism. VH1 Classic Rock Autism also helps to raise funds for a variety of autism research, advocacy and support organizations.

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS!

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=54524288&blogId=486826230

Dell'Abate aka Baba Booey, the producer of the Howard Stern Show will be throwing out the first pitch before that game.  They've been talking about it the last couple weeks on the show.  They haven't mentioned Bach though.  Looks like they're breaking out all the stops for that game.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #962 on: May 09, 2009, 06:44:22 PM »

Sebastian did the peformance at the Mets game today.  I mentioned before that Baba Booey from the Stern Show was throwing out the first pitch.  Sounds like from Baz's twitter that he got to talk to him and Artie Lange, also of the Stern Show.  He also said he was interviewed by Lisa G on Howard 100 News but I haven't heard that yet.  Maybe I'll tape the channel for awhile to catch a news update.  Maybe he'll get some mentions on the show on Monday.  I'm sure they'll go over Gary throwing out the first pitch, as that was a hot topic the last few weeks.  Hopefully he brings Baz up.

http://twitter.com/sebastianbach

thanks 2 VH1, Charlie & Nicky Bellmore, Lisa G,BabaBooey & Artie Lange @sternshow, @jameyjasta #fb
about 4 hours ago from txt

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #963 on: May 09, 2009, 07:07:06 PM »

^^ This isn't what I expected...

Sebastian Bach "We Are The Champions" Citi Field

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fntmZJWXhGI

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #964 on: May 09, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »

^^ This isn't what I expected...

Sebastian Bach "We Are The Champions" Citi Field

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fntmZJWXhGI

Wow, how early did he go on?  That's a little embarassing.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #965 on: May 09, 2009, 08:06:41 PM »

Spinal Tap moment for Baz.......... he sounded awesome though

person who put up the vid just messaged me and said it was 30 minutes before first pitch

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:45:31 PM by D » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #966 on: May 10, 2009, 07:32:50 AM »

i feel kinda sorry for Baz. Id of been bummed out if i were him.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #967 on: May 10, 2009, 03:03:42 PM »

A couple more videos from Citi Field...that's just not right. no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8wkIhX4H6k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_79qO7qPAUk&feature=related

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #968 on: May 10, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »

bet he wasnt expecting that either.......................

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #969 on: May 10, 2009, 07:53:17 PM »

bet he wasnt expecting that either.......................

Well, at least it was for a good cause.  That's all that really matters I guess.  And he did sound good, just not many people there to hear him.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #970 on: May 10, 2009, 08:15:48 PM »

people were spread out though. I'd say probably what? 5k or so

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #971 on: May 11, 2009, 11:28:18 AM »

A couple Sebastian Bach mentions on the Howard Stern Show today since both he and Baba Booey were part of the festivities at the Mets game on Saturday.  First off, Artie Lange (also from the Stern Show) said that after Baba Booey threw his embarassing first pitch Baz commented "That was even worse than my performance".  Artie did say he thought Baz sounded real good by the way, just playing off the fact of the sparse crowd that were there to see it.

Later on Artie said he had a funny Sebastian Bach story to tell.  He said that Baz came over to him and gave him a big hug and while all the autistic KIDS were around and all the other people he was screaming "Dude, I've got the best f---ing New York weed.  We should go smoke it after this."  And he said to Gary, "Dude, thanks for talking about my cock on the show."  That was in reference to an appearance he made on the show YEARS ago and he supposedly tied his cock into a knot. 

Some funny stuff.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #972 on: May 11, 2009, 01:12:33 PM »

One more video...a different angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c848AmM01xY

Thanks to Blabbermouth.net for this one.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #973 on: May 12, 2009, 10:09:26 PM »

This on the Citi Field event...

Monday, May 11, 2009

They Haven't Classed Up the Joint Too Much

I took a solo trip to Bailout Ballpark on Saturday and had another lovely visit. There were some autism awareness activities going on, which were pretty sweet.

About a half hour before game time, Sebastian Bach of Skid Row fame (not sure if you can really say he's of Jekyll & Hyde fame) took the field and sang a couple of Queens covers (We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions, of course), 18 & Life (the Skid Row hit), and another song I didn't recognize. It's probably from a new album.

But let me just say for the record: Sebastian Bach fucking rules. I mean, the songs weren't particularly good or anything, but he had the toughest job in the house there for a solid ten or fifteen minutes. The stadium was still mostly empty, and there were exactly zero people sitting in the seats he played to directly.

From my seat I had a pretty good view of the Taste of New York food court at the stadium, and that's where the throngs were. Shake Shack trumps Sebastian Bach, apparently.

God bless him, though. Sebastian was doing everything he could to get the tiny crowd excited. In that high-pitched hair-band voice of his, he screamed, "YOU READY TO ROCK THIS GAME, NEW YORK??" to which the crowd offered back a very tame, "Yay..." No matter how quiet the response, that Sebastian Bach kept on calling out for that response, bless his heart.

A couple of guys from the Howard Stern Show were involved in the awareness day, too, so naturally Sebastian Bach changed the words to include a little "Bababooey" also. Bababooey drank it up.

When it was finally time for the ceremonial first pitch, Bababooey (that's Howard Stern producer Gary Dell'abate, if you're not familiar with the show) took the ball. The stadium had filled up by this point, so Bababooey was pitching to a full house.

Now, it's pretty common for the ceremonial first pitch to fail to make it to the catcher on the fly. People who haven't ever thrown off a mound (or haven't since Little League) usually fail to compensate for the angle. So there tend to be a lot of bounced ceremonial first pitches. Most fans accept this and cheer anyway, even Mets fans.

Bababooey threw what had to be the single worst ceremonial first pitch I've ever seen in my life. Not only was his form horribly awkward, but the ball went off in a direction I didn't even think possible. It ended up so far from the catcher that it was an umpire who caught it.

And boy, did the boo birds rain down on Bababooey's head.

I actually felt a little bad for the guy. Back when it was on terrestrial radio, I would occasionally listen to the Howard Stern Show, and Bababooey is a massive Mets fan. I don't know if he's ever thrown out the first pitch before, but I'm sure it's been a dream for a long time. And he blew it. Man, he blew it bad.

After Mets ceremonial first pitches, the pitcher takes a photo with the catcher and ball as a souvenir. Bababooey's face was on the jumbotron at that moment, and he was bright red and looked absolutely miserable, forced smile notwithstanding. Poor bastard.

This is one morning I wish I had Howard to listen to. They are almost certainly busting his balls. After all, Artie Lange was there to witness the thing up close, and that guy was apparently an all-star third baseman in high school.

I'm just glad, though, that the pre-game included Sebastian Bach and Bababooey. With that fancy new stadium, it would be too easy to invite, say, Vampire Weekend and Ira Glass. For the Mets, it's really gotta be Sebastian Bach and Bababooey.

Late update: Because you know you want to see it, here's the disastrous pitch from Bababooey. Unfortunately, you can't hear the Baba-boos. Still, that's some pitch.

http://baldandeffective.com/2009/05/they-havent-classed-up-joint-too-much.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #974 on: May 13, 2009, 09:44:35 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH At Citi Field: Soundcheck Clip Posted Online - May 13, 2009

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach performed this past Saturday (May 9) for the New York Mets Autism Awareness Day at Citi Field in Flushing, New York. Bach played a short set in support of VH1 Classic Rock Autism, a campaign that is designed to help educate parents and build awareness about autism. VH1 Classic Rock Autism also helps to raise funds for a variety of autism research, advocacy and support organizations.

Commented Sebastian: "What an incredible day at Citi Field! So glad I brought along the video camera! Here is the first installment of the 'Bach at Citi Field' show! This clip [see below] shows us getting to Citi Field and doing soundcheck at 10:00 a.m., two hours before the ballpark opened. They told me in an interview that will air on SNY network that I was the first-ever 'rock' performer to play Citi Field! I can now imagine what it was like [for] THE BEATLES to play Shea Stadium. The place is so huge that the slapback makes it virtually impossible to hear yourself while playing! Again and again I thank whoever invented in-ear monitors! Coming in future video clips: performance footage; hanging out with 'The Howard Stern Show''s Artie Lange, BabaBooey and Lisa G; talking about Artie's book 'Too Fat Too Fish'; taking pictures with Artie Lange and a bunch of kids. Yes, this is the tape they DON'T have at 'The Howard Stern Show'... Stay tuned to see what actually happened! Exclusive footage of BabaBooey's 'pitch' and the shocked reaction directly afterward! Yes, all that and more, coming your way as soon as possible."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=119978

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #975 on: May 13, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »

They talked about Baz on Stern again yesterday.  Artie commented on how cool a guy he is.  Hopefully they'll have him on the show one of these days.  He pleaded to be on the show when Angel Down came out but to no aveil.  Now that he's back in tight with Gary (who books guests) maybe he can get on.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #976 on: May 14, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »

Sebastian has posted some more footage of the Citi Field event...

"We Are The Champions"

In Part 2 of the Bach On Citi Field Show, we walk behind the Mets home plate & start the set! Look out for Lisa G from the Howard Stern Show in this clip running up to snap a pic. Tomorrow BabaBooey makes the scene!

http://blip.tv/file/2110880

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #977 on: May 16, 2009, 05:40:25 PM »

sebastianbach Getting haircut. Even tho I just had a haircut. In 1987 that is hahaha
about 2 hours ago from txt

lol, wonder if it'll be much different  Tongue
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #978 on: May 19, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Judge Bach in Zrock IFC Channel NYC June 4

Hey, I will be a Judge in 'America's Hottest Rocker Mom' Contest along with the band ZRock on their IFC Channel Show 'ZRock' in New York City on June 4 . The contest is part of an episode from 'ZRock''s 2nd season, I was in an episode of the 1st season so this will be fun. Here's the link: http://www.ifc.com/rockermom/

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #979 on: May 19, 2009, 11:29:35 PM »

Seems like Baz is in a race with Slash to see who can finish an album quicker

http://twitter.com/sebastianbach

just finished demo #8 for new Bach Rock Album! Screamin in the mike always makes me feel great. #fb
less than a minute ago from txt

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: