Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:06:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ethnic pride makes you happy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ethnic pride makes you happy  (Read 5828 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: November 04, 2006, 05:23:57 PM »

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061020-063518-8644r

Personally, I'm very proud of being Anglo-Saxon, with some Celt. The more I learn about my race's history, the happier and prouder I am of my heritage. Did you know Genghis Khan and the ancient Egyptians were white? Here's a great site about white history, for anyone interested.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 05:46:57 PM by Danny Top Hat » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 05:32:52 PM »

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061020-063518-8644r

Personally, I'm very proud of being Anglo-Saxon, with some Celt. The more I learn about my race's history, the happier and prouder I am of my heritage. Did you know Genghis Khan and the ancient Egyptians were white? Here's a great site about white history, for anyone interested.

This second site you posted is nothing but some type of KKK propaganda and I personally find it sick and racist.?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 05:50:37 PM by Danny Top Hat » Logged
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 05:50:13 PM »

Damn fuckin' right.

Walk, you really worry me sometimes.  The site talks about human achievements - their skin colour is 100% irrelevent.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 06:00:11 PM »

Do you think that by editing it out I am less offended?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 06:04:26 PM »

Yes.

But edititng what out?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »

This is a pretty liberal view of mine, but the whole ethnic pride thing does nothing for me. I believe in personal pride..

gnrevolution.com
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 06:07:44 PM »

Yes.

But edititng what out?

The blatently racist wesbite that Walk originally posted of a book written by a White Supremacist.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 06:09:29 PM »

Oh, sorry Bandita.

I thought you were referring to Danny's edit of your post.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 06:11:22 PM »

Maybe editing it out was a mistake but it certainly wasn't for your benefit. ?I figured websites like that don't deserve the publicity - there's plenty of other ways to find out about all the great things the human race has achieved without reading that shite.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 06:14:29 PM »

Maybe editing it out was a mistake but it certainly wasn't for your benefit. ?I figured websites like that don't deserve the publicity - there's plenty of other ways to find out about all the great things the human race has achieved without reading that shite.

Editing it out doesn't make the person not a racist.  I did a google search on the name of the person that authored that book and got 10,000 pages on White Supremacy.

It wasn't about the Human Race it was BS stating that OTHER races are forcing the decline of the white race.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 06:22:33 PM »

I didn't read it in as much detail, all I got was "look at all the wonderful things white people have done", "did you know Genghis Kahn was white?", etc..

Like I said, it might have been a mistake to edit it out but it's done now.? Really not the end of the world.

Editing it out doesn't make the person not a racist.

I never said it did - I cencored it because I didn't want the kids reading that offensive shit.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 06:26:57 PM by Danny Top Hat » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

I didn't want the kids reading that offensive shit.

I see what's happened here.

Anyways, we always have to keep the children in mind.

judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 06:34:27 PM »

if posting so much on this site stops him from killing people then im all for it-   
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 07:18:31 PM »

Lots of ad hominem attacks here.  Angry Did you know Hitler believed the world is round? Therefore, if you believe the world is round, you believe Jews should be killed off too, because Hitler believed that too. Right? And if you believe in evolution, you're racist, because Darwin was a racist. Right? WRONG.

The logic doesn't work. The guy who wrote that book is a racist, but he gives accurate facts. It's his conclusions that are erroneous at times. You're free to read the facts and come to your own conclusions, and be a more enlightened person because of it. Just skip the last 5 chapters or so, and you'll be fine.

You guys must be very depressed people. It's simply unhealthy to be ashamed of one's race and ignorant of its history. This isn't racist; it's a fact that people who love their race are happier and healthier. It's good for other races to be proud of their heritage, so why the guilt over being white?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 07:20:25 PM »

if posting so much on this site stops him from killing people then im all for it-   

You're nuts.  Shocked Pride doesn't lead to genocide; hate does.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 07:40:15 PM »

Lots of ad hominem attacks here.? Angry Did you know Hitler believed the world is round? Therefore, if you believe the world is round, you believe Jews should be killed off too, because Hitler believed that too. Right? And if you believe in evolution, you're racist, because Darwin was a racist. Right? WRONG.

The logic doesn't work. The guy who wrote that book is a racist, but he gives accurate facts. It's his conclusions that are erroneous at times. You're free to read the facts and come to your own conclusions, and be a more enlightened person because of it. Just skip the last 5 chapters or so, and you'll be fine.

You guys must be very depressed people. It's simply unhealthy to be ashamed of one's race and ignorant of its history. This isn't racist; it's a fact that people who love their race are happier and healthier. It's good for other races to be proud of their heritage, so why the guilt over being white?

I have to wonder if you really have any idea how ignorant what you are saying is. 

THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE.  The HUMAN race. 

I cannot be enlightened by a website that alludes to the fact that the Holocaust wasn't as big of a deal as we make it out to be and I have to wonder if the guy who wrote it gets financial support from the likes of Mel Gibson.  I put the guys name in a search and clicked on one of thousands of websites filled with swastikas and hate.

If you want to read this crap in the privacy of your own home that is your problem, but it is sick to post that type of nonsense here. 
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 07:50:01 PM »

You're free to ignore the nonsense, but a lot of it is interesting stuff. It has a lot of beautiful art in it, too. As for race, it's definitely a social construct with no meaning outside of anthropocentric discussions, true, but it's also worth pointing out that LIFE is a social construct. It's all chemistry in the end, you know, but that doesn't mean it's meaningless.  Wink
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 07:59:39 PM »

Lots of ad hominem attacks here.  Angry Did you know Hitler believed the world is round? Therefore, if you believe the world is round, you believe Jews should be killed off too, because Hitler believed that too. Right? And if you believe in evolution, you're racist, because Darwin was a racist. Right? WRONG.

I dont know what link this guy posted, but I have to admit I have some sympathy for him here.

I see nothing wrong with being proud of your own race.   I have no hate towards anyone else.

We have black history month in Feb, if someone celebrates their black heritage, its all good, but if someone celebrates their white heritage, they are a racist biggot?  fuck that.

I have black friends, I have mexican friends, I have asian friends, I have white friends.    I dont look at skin color as a basis for who my friends are.   But I am proud of who I am and my heritage and I give props to any other individual who feels the same way.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 08:58:17 PM »

I have 3 Asian friends, and none of them knew May was Asian Pacific American heritage month, and when they did, none of them gave a damn.  rofl I was surprised that they didn't care, but they were proud of their culture all the time, anyway. They do tend to hang out with other Asians most of the time, though, and they often don't speak English. They're happy, and they are good friends; in fact, most whites are so wracked with guilt, sheepishness, and passive-aggressiveness, that they're not interesting to be around.

As for the children, I specifically chose that given web site BECAUSE it was easy reading. There are much more scholarly sources out there, but they're pretentious and stuffy, and not accessible at all to most people. By the way, the most popular history books by historians like Ambrose are extremely biased; bias seems to help inspire historians, but it's luckily easy to see though, and the resulting inspiration is often worth it, since it forces one to be aware of context.
Brody
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 11:08:34 PM »

I dont know what link this guy posted, but I have to admit I have some sympathy for him here.

I see nothing wrong with being proud of your own race.   I have no hate towards anyone else.

We have black history month in Feb, if someone celebrates their black heritage, its all good, but if someone celebrates their white heritage, they are a racist biggot?  fuck that.

I have black friends, I have mexican friends, I have asian friends, I have white friends.    I dont look at skin color as a basis for who my friends are.   But I am proud of who I am and my heritage and I give props to any other individual who feels the same way.

Very well put Jim! There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you & your ancestors were. This political correctness is just retarded.

I am in no way defending bigots that believe any race is a supreme race.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: