Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:29:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  ACORN Liberal Activist Group Says Screw Democracy! Registers 10k Dead To Vote.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACORN Liberal Activist Group Says Screw Democracy! Registers 10k Dead To Vote.  (Read 4883 times)
Brody
« on: November 04, 2006, 05:15:53 AM »

So, less than a week before the midterm elections, four workers from Acorn, the liberal activist group that has registered millions of voters, have been indicted by a federal grand jury for submitting false voter registration forms to the Kansas City, Missouri, election board. But hey, who needs voter ID laws?

We wish this were an aberration, but allegations of fraud have tainted Acorn voter drives across the country. Acorn workers have been convicted in Wisconsin and Colorado, and investigations are still under way in Ohio, Tennessee and Pennsylvania.

The good news for anyone who cares about voter integrity is that the Justice Department finally seems poised to connect these dots instead of dismissing such revelations as the work of a few yahoos. After the federal indictments were handed up in Kansas City this week, the U.S. Attorney's office said in a statement that "This national investigation is very much ongoing."

Let's hope so. Acorn officials bill themselves as nonpartisan community organizers merely interested in giving a voice to minorities and the poor. In reality, Acorn is a union-backed, multimillion-dollar outfit that uses intimidation and other tactics to push for higher minimum wage mandates and to trash Wal-Mart and other non-union companies.

Operating in at least 38 states (as well as Canada and Mexico), Acorn pushes a highly partisan agenda, and its organizers are best understood as shock troops for the AFL-CIO and even the Democratic Party. As part of the Fannie Mae reform bill, House Democrats pushed an "affordable housing trust fund" designed to use Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac profits to subsidize Acorn, among other groups. A version of this trust fund actually passed the Republican House and will surely be on the agenda again next year.

Acorn and its affiliates have pulled some real stunts in recent years. In Ohio in 2004, a worker for one affiliate was given crack cocaine in exchange for fraudulent registrations that included underage voters, dead voters and pillars of the community named Mary Poppins, Dick Tracy and Jive Turkey. During a Congressional hearing in Ohio in the aftermath of the 2004 election, officials from several counties in the state explained Acorn's practice of dumping thousands of registration forms in their lap on the submission deadline, even though the forms had been collected months earlier.

"You have to wonder what's the point of that, if not to overwhelm the system and get phony registrations on the voter rolls," says Thor Hearne of the American Center for Voting Rights, who also testified at the hearing. "These were Democratic officials saying that they felt their election system in Ohio was under assault by these kinds of efforts to game the system."

Given this history, it's not surprising that Acorn is so hostile to voter identification laws and other efforts to ensure fairness and accuracy at the polls. In Missouri last month, the state Supreme Court held that a photo ID requirement to vote was overly burdensome and a violation of the state constitution. Acorn was behind the original suit challenging the statute, and it has brought similar challenges in several other states, including Ohio.

A recent Pew Research Center survey found that blacks today are almost twice as likely as they were in 2004 to say they have little or no confidence in the voting system. Such a finding would seem like a powerful argument for voter ID laws, which consistently poll well among people of all races and incomes and would increase confidence in the voting process. Of course, voter ID laws would also cut down on fraud, which, judging from the latest indictments, would put a real crimp in Acorn's style.

(wsj.com)

Brody
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 05:18:06 AM »

Is this why the Left does not like Voter ID Registration? what they wont be able to cheat the voting system!  crying  lousy cheats.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 07:15:32 AM by Brody » Logged
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 12:10:07 PM »

Now, please, okay, so we stole one presidential election in 2000...err, umm....I mean, hey wait a minute!  That was the Republican side!   hihi

Yeah, Kennedy stole 1960's election from Nixon, so I guess what goes around comes around. 

Would you like all of the voting "irregularities" from 2004 posted here as well???  Many scholars agree '00 and '04 would have been Democratic victories if the election was correctly conducted.  Unfortunately, some fringe groups like this are trying to fight fire with fire.  If proven true, they should be punished accordingly.  It's too bad the Democratic party will be so soft on Bush if they gain control of Congress 3 days from today.  Nancy Pelosi, despite what the Conservative fear-mongers would have you believe, has pledged the Democrats will not impeach Bush (although I believe he should be, and then tried for misleading this nation into an unnecessary war) if they win control. 

Brody, hope you had a great time at the show last night.  I'll be at Jersey!  I'm psyched!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »

Why bother with all that?

Why not just stick to the TRUTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 02:34:45 PM »

Now, please, okay, so we stole one presidential election in 2000...err, umm....I mean, hey wait a minute!  That was the Republican side!   hihi

Yeah, Kennedy stole 1960's election from Nixon, so I guess what goes around comes around. 

Would you like all of the voting "irregularities" from 2004 posted here as well???  Many scholars agree '00 and '04 would have been Democratic victories if the election was correctly conducted.  Unfortunately, some fringe groups like this are trying to fight fire with fire.  If proven true, they should be punished accordingly.  It's too bad the Democratic party will be so soft on Bush if they gain control of Congress 3 days from today.  Nancy Pelosi, despite what the Conservative fear-mongers would have you believe, has pledged the Democrats will not impeach Bush (although I believe he should be, and then tried for misleading this nation into an unnecessary war) if they win control. 

Brody, hope you had a great time at the show last night.  I'll be at Jersey!  I'm psyched!

I agree, two wrongs don't make a right.  election tampering should carry a very strong punishment.

But as Axl4Prez says, lets not act like this is only the left doing shit like this.  2000 and 2004 (probably 2006 as well) were jokes.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
T_Roxie
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »

Great how they tell you not to vote, but not what it actually is...not bashing what they want, just how they're doing it.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 07:07:22 PM »

Great how they tell you not to vote, but not what it actually is...not bashing what they want, just how they're doing it.

I may be a Democrat that can't stand Bush, but I didn't like that youtube commercial either.  The California one with the kids.  I hate watching kids spew out political agendas for any side.  Behind every kid acting in a commercial like that is a parent with an agenda.  That goes for all parties...leave the kids out of this shit.  Let kids be kids.  Thank you.   peace 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 12:44:21 AM »

election tampering should carry a very strong punishment.

It should be require the stiffest penalty possible IMO. It is a downright assault of democracy.
GeraldFord
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 01:35:35 AM »

Bush stole '00 and '04...
Brody
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 06:56:10 AM »

prove it? Courts say otherwise. Electoral college say otherwise.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 11:42:30 AM »

Well you have the NAACP case against the state of Florida which they won for starters.................
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 12:44:07 PM »

I can understand why you might claim he stole 00', although there's no real argument that he didn't win Florida legally.? If you're a felon, aren't registered or can't punch through a ballot (which is a requirement) then you shouldn't be counted as a voter.? My question is, how do you justify that Bush stole '04?? He won the college and the popular vote by far.? He ran a better campaign than Kerry, but you can't justify that as stealing.? I think Perot stole the election from Bush in 92.? If not for Perot, Bush would have won a second term and Clinton would have stayed in Arkansas.? This is how the system works though, you get the colleges to win.? You don't like it, support an amendment to change it.? Just don't call it stealing an election, that's pandering to bias and idiocy.? Aren't we all better than that?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 12:45:40 PM by Randall Flagg » Logged
Brody
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 01:31:58 PM »

Well you have the NAACP case against the state of Florida which they won for starters.................

NAACP, I don't take them serious.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 02:03:13 PM »

NAACP, I don't take them serious.

Well the state did and that is why they won in a court of law against Harris/Fla.

Let me see here: Court of law or.........brody ? I'll have to go with a court of law taking them seriously.

Thanks.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 02:06:40 PM »

Ahhh, what does the court of law know?  They're just little boys.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 02:10:13 PM »

Ahhh, what does the court of law know?  They're just little boys.

I bet they never served either................ hihi
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 08:18:01 PM »

I can understand why you might claim he stole 00', although there's no real argument that he didn't win Florida legally.  If you're a felon, aren't registered or can't punch through a ballot (which is a requirement) then you shouldn't be counted as a voter.  My question is, how do you justify that Bush stole '04?  He won the college and the popular vote by far.  He ran a better campaign than Kerry, but you can't justify that as stealing. I think Perot stole the election from Bush in 92.  If not for Perot, Bush would have won a second term and Clinton would have stayed in Arkansas.  This is how the system works though, you get the colleges to win.  You don't like it, support an amendment to change it.  Just don't call it stealing an election, that's pandering to bias and idiocy.  Aren't we all better than that?

So don't you think Nadar stole it from Gore in 2000?

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 09:29:29 PM »

I can understand why you might claim he stole 00', although there's no real argument that he didn't win Florida legally.? If you're a felon, aren't registered or can't punch through a ballot (which is a requirement) then you shouldn't be counted as a voter.? My question is, how do you justify that Bush stole '04?? He won the college and the popular vote by far.? He ran a better campaign than Kerry, but you can't justify that as stealing. I think Perot stole the election from Bush in 92.? If not for Perot, Bush would have won a second term and Clinton would have stayed in Arkansas.? This is how the system works though, you get the colleges to win.? You don't like it, support an amendment to change it.? Just don't call it stealing an election, that's pandering to bias and idiocy.? Aren't we all better than that?

I think that's a very valid argument, I certainly give more creedence to it than saying that Bush stole Florida.  The people who voted for Nader (and were counted) were allowed to vote and do so properly.  I remember no outcries when some Floridians tried to discount overseas ballots from soldiers, but boy did those felons get representation.
Brody
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 10:42:19 PM »

I can understand why you might claim he stole 00', although there's no real argument that he didn't win Florida legally.  If you're a felon, aren't registered or can't punch through a ballot (which is a requirement) then you shouldn't be counted as a voter.  My question is, how do you justify that Bush stole '04?  He won the college and the popular vote by far.  He ran a better campaign than Kerry, but you can't justify that as stealing. I think Perot stole the election from Bush in 92.  If not for Perot, Bush would have won a second term and Clinton would have stayed in Arkansas.  This is how the system works though, you get the colleges to win.  You don't like it, support an amendment to change it.  Just don't call it stealing an election, that's pandering to bias and idiocy.  Aren't we all better than that?

No he did what he had the right to do. He felt that obviously the democratic party was not representing him or his values. He didn't steal anything he just ruined Al's day.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 11:33:20 PM »

No he did what he had the right to do. He felt that obviously the democratic party was not representing him or his values. He didn't steal anything he just ruined Al's day.

Well, that question was for Flagg b/c he mentioned Perot.......but who is counting.  So Brody - do you think Perot stole it from Bush Sr.?  I would guess NO based on your answer about Nader right?

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: