Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Heard something (partially) odd on Sirius Radio today...(RUMORED CD DATE!)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heard something (partially) odd on Sirius Radio today...(RUMORED CD DATE!)  (Read 46329 times)
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2006, 04:16:48 PM »

I still don't understand why they wouldn't promote the album before release.? releasing without a date isn't going to stop people from downloading it...? it will be available online the second someone can open a copy and rip it.? as soon as people hear it's coming out they'll download it anyhow.

From the best of cover art I'm assuming CD will be like the Foo Fighters and RHCP new albums and you won't be able to pirate them, or upload them.

Both albums are avaliable to download on newsgroups.... the copy protection is easily to get past. It would take me all of 5 minutes to do
CJ
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2006, 04:17:09 PM »

I still don't understand why they wouldn't promote the album before release.? releasing without a date isn't going to stop people from downloading it...? it will be available online the second someone can open a copy and rip it.? as soon as people hear it's coming out they'll download it anyhow.

From the best of cover art I'm assuming CD will be like the Foo Fighters and RHCP new albums and you won't be able to pirate them, or upload them.

what do you mean?

yeah what are you talkin about?, i've downloaded both those albums hihi
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2006, 04:18:04 PM »

All this download talk probably doesn't help our chances of getting CD anytime soon.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2006, 04:19:38 PM »

All this download talk probably doesn't help our chances of getting CD anytime soon.

whatever.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2006, 04:19:53 PM »

Lots of bands drop cds without warning, hype them up, and when a killer single comes, the cd sky-rockets in sales. Usually its just new bands that do that, but there have been a few successful bands to do the same thing. I don't think its that bad of an idea. It may not sale well its first week, but that doesn't matter in the end. It will sell well. Its guns n roses. People will buy it just out of curiousity. And the radio and MTV will be all over it if they drop an album, video, and single on Tuesday. It would not be that bad people, if it indeed happened. Though I belive it to be very unlikely.?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2006, 04:20:34 PM »

but i don't think it will slow down either.. i think it's pretty clear that all the members on here will buy at least one copy of the album
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2006, 04:20:42 PM »

It will be the biggest head fuck in the history of rock n' roll if they release this album with no promotion whatsoever.

pretty much--but in a way that might be the point....the fact you suddenly release it becomes so surprising it generates its own promotion--if that makes any sense Huh

That makes sense, and it is true.

Also, there is no rule that says that an album has to be promoted ahead of time. ?The album could be released quietly and promoted after the fact.

Futher, the tour can be used as promotion of the album, and vice-versa.

This album supposedly cost $13MIL to make. ?I can understand the powers-that-be not wanting to spend any more money on up-front promotion but rather using the free promotion of a surprise release coupled with the vehicle that is the tour.
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »

im willing to bet that axl has taken into account the number of downloads that will happen. lets face it, most non-fans will probably d/l it, seeing as though they don't even know much about GNR. those "former" GNR fans who suck slash's dick 90% of the time, and actually say the VR is actually good, will refuse to give their money to axl, and in turn d/l it.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2006, 04:28:14 PM »

but i don't think it will slow down either.. i think it's pretty clear that all the members on here will buy at least one copy of the album

People who prefer to download rather than buy are going to download no matter when/where/how CD (or any album for that matter) is released.

And people who prefer to support the artists they enjoy -- and get cover art, liner notes, and all those other goodies -- by buying their albums will do so no matter when/where/how downloading becomes an option.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2006, 04:30:26 PM »

I'm buying atleast 2 copies right away.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2006, 04:32:42 PM »

Yes. ?I know that. ?And YOU know that. ?But, do you think that Axl and the "GNR Family" are considering that? ?It has been rumored for quite awhile now that one of the reasons for this album's delay is that the band has a fear of illegal downloads affecting sales. ?I just think that talking about downloading on a board that we KNOW the "family" monitors is not a good idea.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2006, 04:33:14 PM »

Both albums are avaliable to download on newsgroups.... the copy protection is easily to get past. It would take me all of 5 minutes to do
CJ

I could do it in 3 secs
Hold down shift as you enter the cd to ?your computer

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2006, 04:37:03 PM »

I still don't understand why they wouldn't promote the album before release.  releasing without a date isn't going to stop people from downloading it...  it will be available online the second someone can open a copy and rip it.  as soon as people hear it's coming out they'll download it anyhow.

CJ
I could do it in 3 secs
Hold down shift as you enter the cd to  your computer

Or just disable the autorun feature on your CD-ROM drive...
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2006, 04:41:31 PM »

I could do it in 3 secs
Hold down shift as you enter the cd to ?your computer

does that work?, damn i gotta try that hihi ok yes
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2006, 04:42:21 PM »

2 things I heard:

I'll start with the one I really don't believe - At an HMV near where I work a guy said there'd be a GnR SINGLE next week.. and the reason I don't believe that is because he said it was a song called Chinese Democracy.. While it's possible that's highly unlikely from what we've seen and heard otherwise recently.

The second is from a guy I know who is apparently involved with the mp3 pre-release ripping/release scene and was saying that CD the album (or single) hasn't popped up at any of the likely pressing plants yet. This I do believe.

Now here's my theory.. GnR management is going to try something that hasn't been done before.. pressing and shipping the album at multiple plants 24/48 hrs (or some other unlikely time frame) before the official release to lower the chances of the album being pre-d as MP3s. Just a theory and certainly not based on anything I have been told.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2006, 04:54:37 PM »

2 things I heard:

I'll start with the one I really don't believe - At an HMV near where I work a guy said there'd be a GnR SINGLE next week.. and the reason I don't believe that is because he said it was a song called Chinese Democracy.. While it's possible that's highly unlikely from what we've seen and heard otherwise recently.

The second is from a guy I know who is apparently involved with the mp3 pre-release ripping/release scene and was saying that CD the album (or single) hasn't popped up at any of the likely pressing plants yet. This I do believe.

Now here's my theory.. GnR management is going to try something that hasn't been done before.. pressing and shipping the album at multiple plants 24/48 hrs (or some other unlikely time frame) before the official release to lower the chances of the album being pre-d as MP3s. Just a theory and certainly not based on anything I have been told.

First point...It's more than likely the first single will be Chinese Democracy

Second point...thats a good theory. I hope they take that into account. If they could do that, then the album could be in shops next week which would agree with this rumour.
ben9785
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2006, 04:57:36 PM »

Hey, single or album, doesn't matter what is released, even if it is an itunes/online download only, it's a step in the right direction

And i'm sure considering the popularity of GNR, their record label, their wealth etc, they don't have to take conventional routes to press/manufacture the album. I'm not going to speculate because I don't know too much about the whole process, but for absolute starters, isn't there a possibility that the 'job' could progress under an 'assumed name' or something like that? I don't know if it makes sense, and again like I said I don't know exactly how the manufacturing process works exactly, but surely they wouldn't be outsourcing their work to a manufacturing plant boasting that "ladies and gentlemen, this is the pressing of the new GUNS AND ROSES album, "CHINESE DEMOCRACY", now lets get this one on the plant right now" or whatever.. Yknow what I mean? Surely they'd have a few options available to stop any curious staff interfering? Also, I can't see why they wouldn't be able to mass-produce copies of the album at short notice, whether it is at multiple pressing plants etc.. and I can't see why they can't have it despatched en mass / expedited to stores across the world in late/short notice..

Actually I had a pretty detailed dream about the release of Chinese Democracy.. I woke up and I was surprised, it wasn't just a random dream it was specific, complete with posts at the board here, Jarmo deleting and locking threads etc. I'd like to post it just for a laugh..maybe illl do it in the off topic area

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 05:00:32 PM by ben114 » Logged
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2006, 05:00:52 PM »

I stand corrected.

I don't think CD will come out in november no

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Sweet Black Magic
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2006, 05:08:35 PM »

It's NOT coming this year folks...wake up. ?They CANNOT and WILL NOT just drop the album in stores unannounced. ?Not only would it be marketing suicide, but it would be impossible to produce a release like "Chinese Democracy" without ANYONE finding out. ?And judging from the Del James article, now Frank and Ron are recording parts as well.

Axl will never be able to leave well enough alone. ?At this point, it would be better to just release an album NOT called "Chinese Democracy" and see what happens. ?All this secretive BS...the HD ad, the RS article...makes no sense at all. ?If it's supposedly coming, what good does it do to keep everything so damn secret?
madagas
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2006, 05:10:57 PM »

Misterid, why do you say that?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: