Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Heard something (partially) odd on Sirius Radio today...(RUMORED CD DATE!)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heard something (partially) odd on Sirius Radio today...(RUMORED CD DATE!)  (Read 46260 times)
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2006, 06:26:55 PM »

Well, I'm basically one of those people too.? This info on Sirius and (my opinion) that November 7th is the most logical date IF it were to come out this year is getting me more excited than I probably should be.

I just can't see this album coming out without a decent amount of promotion so for me anything from the 21st on seems the most logical.  Even the 21st is a stretch to me but I think that's doable. I just don't think it will drop out of no where like Merck said, but I could be way wrong.

Hot.

Extremely!
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2006, 06:28:22 PM »

like I said they get off on this..... its a big fucking game with them.

everything is a secret.

end of this month if we got nothing then I lost all hope.

what they worry about a leak? its gonna leak no matter what they do.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2006, 06:40:38 PM »

I'm on the road all day and listen to Sirius.  I've got Guns N' Roses programmed so that whenever they play GNR, I'm notified.  Seems to me that they're playing GNR a lot more than they were a month ago.  Just today, I was on the road only 3 hours and heard GNR played at least 5 times (Hair of the Dog X 2, Patience, Mr. Brownstone, Jungle).  Not sure if anyone else has noticed this.  Unfortunately, I keep on missing anything being reported on Sirius 'cause by the time I'm notified about GNR being played, the DJ is just finishing whatever thought they have on the band.  Even if November 7th isn't the date (which seems unbelievable), it's still good to hear GNR a lot on the radio.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Sweet Black Magic
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2006, 06:49:29 PM »

so in your logic there're still 4 weeks left till you should state that It's NOT coming this year.
december 26 might be out Because Merck said so. He also said they might not make the announcement.

either way stating an opinion as fact is pretty wrong.

I'm not stating my opinion as fact...the dates and past actions and claims of GNR should speak for themselves. ?It makes NO sense to drop this album out of the blue...the label has WAY too much tied up in this to just drop it out of nowhere. ?When they first came out with that press release, it said 13 Tuesdays...now we're down to 7. ?NOTHING in six weeks...except a RS article that gets skewered and a HD ad that gets changed.

It just makes no sense to not announce a release date with an album as anticipated as this...unless they're not finished with it. ?And juding from Del's article (which has also been pulled) Frank and Ron were recording parts for it just a couple of weeks ago. ?It's almost to the point of being logistically impossible to release it this year...that's just common sense.

I'm not trying to be an asshole or a hater...I want this album just as bad as anyone. ?But I'm getting a little tired of the secretive bullshit...and trying to be a realist when it comes to everything involved in releasing an album.

The ONLY thing I can see happening at this point is an Internet-only PRE-release with a physical CD to follow sometime after that.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2006, 07:03:24 PM »

so in your logic there're still 4 weeks left till you should state that It's NOT coming this year.
december 26 might be out Because Merck said so. He also said they might not make the announcement.

either way stating an opinion as fact is pretty wrong.

I'm not stating my opinion as fact...the dates and past actions and claims of GNR should speak for themselves. ?It makes NO sense to drop this album out of the blue...the label has WAY too much tied up in this to just drop it out of nowhere. ?When they first came out with that press release, it said 13 Tuesdays...now we're down to 7. ?NOTHING in six weeks...except a RS article that gets skewered and a HD ad that gets changed.

It just makes no sense to not announce a release date with an album as anticipated as this...unless they're not finished with it. ?And juding from Del's article (which has also been pulled) Frank and Ron were recording parts for it just a couple of weeks ago. ?It's almost to the point of being logistically impossible to release it this year...that's just common sense.

I'm not trying to be an asshole or a hater...I want this album just as bad as anyone. ?But I'm getting a little tired of the secretive bullshit...and trying to be a realist when it comes to everything involved in releasing an album.

The ONLY thing I can see happening at this point is an Internet-only PRE-release with a physical CD to follow sometime after that.
The album was being mixed last week and its probably done being mixed. I dont think Ron and  Frank did any record as of a few weeks ago, if they did it was when they had that break in between legs of the tour.  The album reallly only has 4 or 5 max posssible dates to be released and that is the tues in Nov or the first tue in Dec. Anything after that is not going to happen andn it would get pushed to next year and that would mean march or may.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2006, 07:03:37 PM »

All this download talk probably doesn't help our chances of getting CD anytime soon.
im willing to bet that axl has taken into account the number of downloads that will happen. lets face it, most non-fans will probably d/l it, seeing as though they don't even know much about GNR. those "former" GNR fans who suck slash's dick 90% of the time, and actually say the VR is actually good, will refuse to give their money to axl, and in turn d/l it.

What are you rambling on about. I'm not a "former" GnR fan, I don't suck Slash's dick, VR are amazing, I have no problem giving Axl my money.

You obviously think that you listed the characteristics of some stereotype, but really your just ignorant and talking out of your ass.
did i specifically say you? i didn't mean it like that. im just saying than regular everyday people who dont really listen to gnr, or once did but left it behind when slash left, will probably download the album rather then shelling out $15 on a band they consider "dead". most people think axl is nothing but a joke, and will not put out anything worth hearing.(which is ironic, considering most of them like VR, and VR is nothing but a fucking joke. Slash has not done anything that could be consider fir since he left GNR)
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2006, 07:10:13 PM »

The fact that this thread exists points to it being not true.

yeah jarmo would have prolly deleted this thread if it was true

Wouldn't that make it obvious then?? I don't think he would delete the thread with the real date in it.

i think so 'cause the gn'r management will be the first source that confirms the date.. but this could be the date of course but i don't think some radio station wil make the announcement

naw, the whole idea is that the no promotion IS the promotion...  management won't confirm anything... apparantly they'll only deny.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2006, 07:15:54 PM »

Does anyone remember hearing anything about November 7th specifically as a possible release date before Sirius DJ's started mentioning it in the last day or so?  I don't.  It's odd that this would be rumored to be the date.  Where would they come up with it?  Message board rumor?  Odd that we the superfans hav'nt heard it before Sirius DJ's started talking about it so much.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
ben9785
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2006, 07:18:42 PM »

No strangely enough this isn't one of the dates that has been speculated on the boards, apart from the general analysis of the tuesdays left in the year or whatever. I think thats why people might be a bit more suspicious, there's been no specific mention of this date, to the best of my knowledge, prior to the SIRIUS dj's mentioning it.. It's the November 21 date that has been speculated the most
stugots
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2006, 07:24:37 PM »

Sundays and Mondays, I believe.? Although, they sometimes get stuff earlier than that.? A few months ago, I went to my local Shopko to see if The Raconteurs CD was out yet (don't laugh...it was for my wife).? The guy working said he would check.? He came out of the backroom with it in his hand, but then told me he could'nt put it on the shelf for 2 weeks.

There's nothing wrong with the Raconteurs, they're a very good band.

Web Hosting & eCommerce Solutions
http://www.hostofthetown.com
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2006, 07:27:12 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 01:00:30 PM
Sundays and Mondays, I believe.  Although, they sometimes get stuff earlier than that.  A few months ago, I went to my local Shopko to see if The Raconteurs CD was out yet (don't laugh...it was for my wife).  The guy working said he would check.  He came out of the backroom with it in his hand, but then told me he could'nt put it on the shelf for 2 weeks.

There's nothing wrong with the Raconteurs, they're a very good band.

I'm more of a White Stripes man, myself.  And even then I'm only into them because of the excellent drumming.

Sweet Black Magic
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

The album was being mixed last week and its probably done being mixed. I dont think Ron and? Frank did any record as of a few weeks ago, if they did it was when they had that break in between legs of the tour.? The album reallly only has 4 or 5 max posssible dates to be released and that is the tues in Nov or the first tue in Dec. Anything after that is not going to happen andn it would get pushed to next year and that would mean march or may.

What's your source on the mixing part?  And even if it IS true...Axl still has to bless it...I'm sure the label would like to hear the final mix...and THEN it has to go to production.  Even if that happened THIS WEEK, you're looking at another week to produce enough units...then 2-3 days to ship it and get shelves stocked for the next available Tuesday.  That would be the 21st...which we've already been told is OUT.  So basically...that leaves the 28th and the 5th.  That's a pretty tight window...what happens if there's a manufacturing defect?

It's just getting to the point of no return for 2006.  And pushing it back again only gives Axl more time to change his mind and the tracklist, players, etc.

IF something is going to happen this year, it HAS to be within the next couple of weeks...but I just can't see it happening at this point.
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2006, 07:43:32 PM »

The album was being mixed last week and its probably done being mixed. I dont think Ron and? Frank did any record as of a few weeks ago, if they did it was when they had that break in between legs of the tour.? The album reallly only has 4 or 5 max posssible dates to be released and that is the tues in Nov or the first tue in Dec. Anything after that is not going to happen andn it would get pushed to next year and that would mean march or may.

And even if it IS true...Axl still has to bless it...

I think a reasonable guess, if it is actually dropping on the 7th, is that Axl DID bless it during that delay when they pushed back the two tour dates... maybe the Florida promoter's statement of "axl was putting the finishing touches on the new album" is that "blessing."
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2006, 07:51:05 PM »

I think everyone is forgetting the fact a bloke on this board heard it being played out of Geffen's towers, MTV were at Geffen/Interscope, Axl played the finished version at his party in September................................
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2006, 07:53:49 PM »

I think everyone is forgetting the fact a bloke on this board heard it being played out of Geffen's towers, MTV were at Geffen/Interscope, Axl played the finished version at his party in September................................

true, but he was also playing it at Stereo in NYC last March...
ben9785
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2006, 08:18:25 PM »

Maybe the tracks that Axl played over the course of the last few months were works in progress, not meaning demos, but not the entire album, just a few odd tracks here and there, and that house party that was mentioned in the Rolling Stone article was the complete album, mixed, correctly sequenced etc. From what I recall, most of the mention of CD when Axl played it at clubs or whatever, has been "tracks off chinese democracy", not necessarily the entire album, or it could have been rough mixes or unmastered versions or anything like that.

And even if that Geffen/DGC situation with the music blasting out of the office was only a few tracks, at the very least, it's been finished since the aforementioned house party. And Axl putting 'finishing touches' on the album... Maybe I'm wrong, but that doesn't necessarily mean finishing touches on the music does it? Maybe he was reviewing the artwork, liner notes, lyrics, design, packing etc? And if that was the case, that would have had a pretty reasonable timeframe for them to start packaging etc leading to a release this month.. Sure nothing has leaked out, but they do have ways around securing that kind of information..And even if production/manufacturing hasn't started, considering the stature of the band/record label / progress in technology / rush release etc, I can't see why they can't make alternate arrangements to get it done quickly

This is just my own speculation

I saw a few people wrote to SIRIUS..the djs or whatever..lets see if theres a response
Or maybe someone can call a main switch or something and speak to a program director or promotion person or something, not necessarily the DJ himself/herself..
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 08:21:46 PM by ben114 » Logged
andreq
Opening Act

Whore

« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2006, 08:36:48 PM »

I'm more of a White Stripes man, myself.? And even then I'm only into them because of the excellent drumming.

Excellent (+)(+) Drumming, i'm with ya

Rich people will travel great distances to look at poor people.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »

I'm more of a White Stripes man, myself.  And even then I'm only into them because of the excellent drumming.

Excellent (+)(+) Drumming, i'm with ya

Well, that's not what I'm going for...but that works too.

gnrbus
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts When?

« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2006, 08:51:01 PM »

What I don't understand is why would Axl release GNR's big comeback album with no promotion? It just doesn't make any sense.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2006, 08:54:24 PM »

What I don't understand is why would Axl release GNR's big comeback album with no promotion? It just doesn't make any sense.

Yeah.  Because normally he's so rational.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: