Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:08:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If CD is coming this year, wouldn't they have had to start manufactoring it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If CD is coming this year, wouldn't they have had to start manufactoring it?  (Read 13100 times)
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 11:59:16 PM »

Well record manufacturing companies do not go into business to press CD's so that someone with-in their compainies will leak the music. ?They are very well aware that they will get their assess sued if they're responsible for such leaks. ?

What happens is a final master from the studio (usually burned to a CD rom) is sent to the plant where a "glass master" is created. ?This "glass master" is used as a "main master" (or template) where all the CD copies are manufactured from. ?A "glass master" takes only a day to create. ?I'm guessing that perhaps they'll press about a million copies for shipping to the stores. ?Then maybe a few weeks ?later they'll press another run of a million or a roundabout number.

Hope this helps.

cybercurves

? ? ?Yo bro,

? ? Yes,actually that does help. I never knew about that whole process. It sounds very interesting.

Now,I will look even smarter at parties and take the credit. Sorry.? Smiley? Thanks for the info though!? ok

? ? ? ? ? MATT
EFISH
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 12:11:56 AM »

I still beleive it is coming out in 2006 but I have to admit, its basically November and its pretty weird we havent even had a CD rumor in over a month..

Im sure we'll get a release date and itll be close to the actual date when they announce it. Its gotta be any day now......

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 12:21:18 AM »

I really don't care if it was manufactured by some company... or burned personally by Axl and Co. one by one... I am supporting the band by buying the CD.
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 12:22:10 AM »

Neil Young got his last album written, recorded, manufactured, and shipped to stores all in about one month.  Assuming Axl has the first two out of the way, the rest may be done very quickly
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 12:47:19 AM »

In the digital age, there's no way this would be in the pressing stage yet and we WOULDN'T know about it. With the pressure built up around this, info would leak. It takes one person. Just one. The Internet is a beautiful thing.

Sadly, with each passing day, I'm growing more worried. Two weeks ago I was completely optimistic, but we're almost in November now and we have (a) no announcement (b) no single (c) no word on the album's progress.

Not trying to be a pessimist, just a realist.

If nothing happens in the next two weeks there really isn't much time for this to come out in 2006.

I just don't get it. I don't get why they're doing this. They could be taking advantage of so many factors right now for promotion.
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006, 01:26:47 AM »

Maybe Merek is pressing all 6 million in Axl's basement right now...
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2006, 01:31:54 AM »

We should send Tom Hanks to investigate. (Burbs reference...never mind.)
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2006, 01:34:27 AM »

According to Axl, it's been coming out "this year" since 1999.

But yeah, this time he's for real.  Roll Eyes
tomc102968
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2006, 01:49:35 AM »

hihi hihi and some oompa lompa no doubt

we will buy the cd this year hihi peace ok
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2006, 01:59:04 AM »

CD should just drop on a Tuesday, and when you're standing in the middle of Best Buy at like 8:45pm, the lights should go out and Jungle start.

So then you know it's finally here!  ok peace

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 02:03:08 AM »

CD should just drop on a Tuesday, and when you're standing in the middle of Best Buy at like 8:45pm, the lights should go out and Jungle start.
That would just tell us they have AFD in stock....

micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 06:49:35 AM »

i remember only managing to download the last u2 album and system of a downs mesmerize cd on the friday before the monday they officially came out and i was constantly checking bittorrent , shareeza , kazza , album hosting websites etc for weeks up until i got them so its pretty obvious even if the records been in production for weeks its not until it leaves  the factory can we get hold of it before the shops put it on the shelf . it wouldnt surprise me if there was an xray machine or something at the production plant checking the staff. still i have to agree with the others no announcement in the two weeks  and its curtains for a 2006 release no
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 06:52:46 AM »

i remember only managing to download the last u2 album and system of a downs mesmerize cd on the friday before the monday they officially came out and i was constantly checking bittorrent , shareeza , kazza , album hosting websites etc for weeks up until i got them so its pretty obvious even if the records been in production for weeks its not until it leaves? the factory can we get hold of it before the shops put it on the shelf . it wouldnt surprise me if there was an xray machine or something at the production plant checking the staff. still i have to agree with the others no announcement in the two weeks? and its curtains for a 2006 release no

We might not be able to download it until it leaves the manufacturing plant, but we would most certainly know that it's in production. That would have to be any day now. Well, unless..... Cry

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 07:04:30 AM »

If its in mass production, which it either is now or will be very soon then we wont know about it. When filesharing really kicked off the RIAA sued the shit out of alot of CD pressing plants because they finally realised that this was where most of the leaks were coming from. The industry also caught up and now own their own pressing plants, especially in the US. So all of the work is done in house, not to mention the fact that the entire process is automatic, so the amount of people working at these plants is very small. Either way we wont know about it, the industry has had alot of time to catch up and implement the neccessary security proceedures.

Jonx
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 07:15:27 AM »

I still beleive it is coming out in 2006 but I have to admit, its basically November and its pretty weird we havent even had a CD rumor in over a month..

Im sure we'll get a release date and itll be close to the actual date when they announce it. Its gotta be any day now......

I also think that an annoncement is close. But the fact that no rumours about CD came out, points to a pretty good job by Axl and Merck in hiding news...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 07:17:27 AM »

If its in mass production, which it either is now or will be very soon then we wont know about it. When filesharing really kicked off the RIAA sued the shit out of alot of CD pressing plants because they finally realised that this was where most of the leaks were coming from. The industry also caught up and now own their own pressing plants, especially in the US. So all of the work is done in house, not to mention the fact that the entire process is automatic, so the amount of people working at these plants is very small. Either way we wont know about it, the industry has had alot of time to catch up and implement the neccessary security proceedures.

Jonx

You know about this kind of stuff?

I've heard the same, that the security measures have been tightened alot over the past couple of years. I don't know the details, but I would pressume that the guys working there would at least know that the album is being handled by their company. Rumors fly fast among co-workers, no matter what confindentiality agreement they've signed. Atleast that's my experience.

meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2006, 07:18:45 AM »

I previously worked within the CD/DVD manufacturing industry. If a new release, which was being kept underwraps was scheduled for pressing, the record company would give us an alias for the title and artist. Example: Artist: The rifle tootin florists. Title: Red Ruling. ? ?

Although when the artwork, glass mastering takes places everyone would know who the artist was. The printed booklets/inlays would be printed and supplied in 5 working days, the CD the same time to master, duplicate, and print the face. It would then only take the time to fulfil the jewel case. The whole process from reciept of the master to distribution could be done in 7 days if capacity had been pre-booked.

It still could be underwraps for a November release. Hope this makes sense.

Keep em under your wheels.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 07:20:49 AM »

I previously worked within the CD/DVD manufacturing industry. If a new release, which was being kept underwraps was scheduled for pressing, the record company would give us an alias for the title and artist. Example: Artist: The rifle tootin florists. Title: Red Ruling. ? ?

Although when the artwork, glass mastering takes places everyone would know who the artist was. The printed booklets/inlays would be printed and supplied in 5 working days, the CD the same time to master, duplicate, and print the face. It would then only take the time to fulfil the jewel case. The whole process from reciept of the master to distribution could be done in 7 days if capacity had been pre-booked.

It still could be underwraps for a November release. Hope this makes sense.

Tanks for the info, appreciated smoking

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2006, 07:42:58 AM »

Axl is burning copies of CD one by one on his computer.  Then he's printing out the artwork one by one using Microsoft Paint.  When he gets to a million, he'll let you know!

rofl rofl

I just pictured Axl fighting with the inkjet printer for taking 5 minutes to print each sheet in economic ink hihi

so everything suddenly makes lotta more sense.. that's why it's taking so long and why Merck can't announce a proper release date.. cuz even he doesn't know how much is gonna take Axl to finish printing all the artwork and burning all the copies

That could be the reason the band is so big too... In order for Axl to speed up the process he hired more band mates to burn copies and print out the covers on their own PC's. The reason Pitman is in the band is because he has more than one working printer...  hihi

I am Just kidding... if management or axl actually reads this.... just bored...
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2006, 07:51:41 AM »

I wouldn't worry about this at all, in this day and age millions of CD's can be produced in just a few days - shipping it would take only a few days - the whole thing can be made and in the shops in a week or so.

Just cos no-one has leaked info about cd's manufactoring yet doesn't mean it's too late for it to be done.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: