Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:07:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If CD is coming this year, wouldn't they have had to start manufactoring it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If CD is coming this year, wouldn't they have had to start manufactoring it?  (Read 13098 times)
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: October 30, 2006, 08:24:49 PM »

I don't know much about the how record companies make cds, but if CD is in fact coming out this year, how much time does it take from the point that the final master is submitted and the point that there are enough copies manufactored to release it to the publc?

I would imagine it would take a little while to make a million or so cds.

I just ask this because I believe that when CD goes into mass production we will hear something from someone. Be it someone who works at the factory or someone around the process. And since we haven't heard anything yet, it leads me to think that the final master copy has not been turned over yet. When do you think is the deadline for the master to be turned over if we want to have this cd released this year?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 08:26:06 PM »

all those in the manufacturing process will be forced to sign a gag order  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 08:26:21 PM »

I totally agree, and have been thinking this for a while myself.  It takes 6 WEEKS to press a record; if the record was in production, someone would know about it and leak the info. 

Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 08:30:46 PM »

There is no doubt that all those involved in the manufactoring process will have to sign a gag order. But the point is that with the large number of people that will hear about that process occuring there is bound to be a leak of information about it.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »

I'm sure the manufacturing process has already begun if not finished.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
ILoveGNRandPhysics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 08:35:38 PM »

You have  avery good point.  yes nervous

No trees were killed in the making of this post; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 08:39:16 PM »

It could already be done for all we know.  I mean Axl has said this year, Merck said on one of the Tuesdays before the  end of the year without an announcement.  So we'll see ... its goign to be very exciting.

GeraldFord
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 08:39:53 PM »

That would mean finished copies of CD are made and ready to go...I doubt it. Surely someone would leak....I'm starting to think that we may not get CD in 2006... no Please let me be wrong!
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 08:44:22 PM »

i have pretty much said the same thing.  Yeah, Im sure there are gag orders, but word would still get out.  It hasnt been manufactured yet, and I doubt it will be out this year.
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 08:46:33 PM »

If it'd been pressed, it would have leaked already.  That's pretty much how albums leak, some dude pulls it off the conveyer belt and uploads it.
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 08:46:46 PM »

If it hasn't been pressed/manufactured by now, its not coming out in 2006.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 08:48:13 PM »

i have also been thinking about this but didn't create a new thread because i thought people would misunderstand me and think i was saying that there is no chance CD will be released in this year and so on.. anyway someone said it takes 6 weeks, is that a fact and how do you know that?
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 08:50:52 PM »

Well record manufacturing companies do not go into business to press CD's so that someone with-in their compainies will leak the music. ?They are very well aware that they will get their assess sued if they're responsible for such leaks. ?

What happens is a final master from the studio (usually burned to a CD rom) is sent to the plant where a "glass master" is created. ?This "glass master" is used as a "main master" (or template) where all the CD copies are manufactured from. ?A "glass master" takes only a day to create. ?I'm guessing that perhaps they'll press about a million copies for shipping to the stores. ?Then maybe a few weeks ?later they'll press another run of a million or a roundabout number.

Hope this helps.

cybercurves
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 08:57:31 PM »

I wasnt trying to say that the CD itself would be leaked, I was saying that word would be out if the CD was about to be,or already was, pressed.  More because the packaging/artwork itself needs to be created/printed.  Thats what I think would get leaked before the music.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 09:08:35 PM »

I think it would be pretty hard to hush a whole manufacturing plant up. I mean anything is possible I guess. Assuming nobody working when it is pressed is a GnR fan it could happen. I worked at a disc manufacturing plant in the "cube" portion of the building a few years ago. I had no special clearance really, but walked into the factory area where they pressed CDs, DVDs, and games on occasion and nobody ever hassled me. They peaked in my bag when I left the building every day, but other than than nothing. If there is going to be an effort to really hide this release and surprise everyone, they'll have to make an exception and change the whole process. Digital media at a manufacturing plant has to pass between many hands, there are scrap CDs thrown away, the list goes on.... At the very least I'd say we'll know when it is being manufactured.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 09:19:56 PM »

Axl is burning copies of CD one by one on his computer.  Then he's printing out the artwork one by one using Microsoft Paint.  When he gets to a million, he'll let you know!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 09:20:18 PM »

That would mean finished copies of CD are made and ready to go...I doubt it. Surely someone would leak....I'm starting to think that we may not get CD in 2006... no Please let me be wrong!

Some things are leak proof. Not everything lands in the internet's hands before the general public hears it.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 09:26:02 PM »

When I made this thread I was in no way saying that the cd itself would leak. I was only saying that we would hear that the manufactoring process had begun. Meaning that something like this would occur;

some worker at the factory would mention to someone he knew that they were printing the new guns n' roses cd and then that friend would post on the internet what he heard. So far we have heard nothing to indicate that the manufactoring process has begun so I would say that is a pretty good indication that we are not as close to the release as we would like to think
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 09:32:30 PM »

When I made this thread I was in no way saying that the cd itself would leak. I was only saying that we would hear that the manufactoring process had begun. Meaning that something like this would occur;

some worker at the factory would mention to someone he knew that they were printing the new guns n' roses cd and then that friend would post on the internet what he heard. So far we have heard nothing to indicate that the manufactoring process has begun so I would say that is a pretty good indication that we are not as close to the release as we would like to think

Just pretend I have 6 posts............"Holy shit guys, my buddy Steve who works for this CD manufacturing plant just told me he's making the new Guns 'N Roses cd.  Don't take my word for it, but supposedly it's supposed to come out sometime in the next 8 weeks."  I'm sure you'll hear a rumor like this pop up now. 
Either way dude, most cds are made in like sweatshops in Taiwan and then shipped to America.  I wouldn't count on too many people over there giving a rats ass about telling their buddy about the CD.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 10:23:32 PM »

Axl is burning copies of CD one by one on his computer.  Then he's printing out the artwork one by one using Microsoft Paint.  When he gets to a million, he'll let you know!

rofl rofl

I just pictured Axl fighting with the inkjet printer for taking 5 minutes to print each sheet in economic ink hihi

so everything suddenly makes lotta more sense.. that's why it's taking so long and why Merck can't announce a proper release date.. cuz even he doesn't know how much is gonna take Axl to finish printing all the artwork and burning all the copies
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 10:26:03 PM by dodger girl » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: