Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:33:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  O'Reilly and Letterman go at it on national television! (Link included.)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: O'Reilly and Letterman go at it on national television! (Link included.)  (Read 5835 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« on: October 29, 2006, 12:03:19 AM »

Very interesting.

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/#

Click on the link that reads, "Big Show Highlight." It's a few clips of his interview with O'Reilly. I love when they go at it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 12:08:42 AM »

I think O reilly made a lot of sense last night.

He agreed that Iraq was a mistake and a mess but if we leave now and Iran takes over Iraq, That makes Iran 10 times more dangerous.

Letterman clearly doesnt know a whole lot about stuff like this.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 01:08:36 AM »

I think O reilly made a lot of sense last night.

He agreed that Iraq was a mistake and a mess but if we leave now and Iran takes over Iraq, That makes Iran 10 times more dangerous.

Letterman clearly doesnt know a whole lot about stuff like this.

I agree, Letterman would get backed into a corner and just make a lame joke, but I applaud him for calling O'reilley out on him just spewing a lot of crap.  I don't know about Iran taking over Iraq if/when we leave.  I don't see us leaving until the Iraqi people can defend themself.  If an invasion by Iran occurs the rest of the world will have a say in it, not just the US.  If anything that'd be a fantastic excuse for the US to go to war with Iran.  I don't see it happening to be honest.  If anything its just more fear mongering if you ask me.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 01:13:40 AM »

This was the best (Reminds me of most of the right on this board actually.)

Letterman: Let me ask you a question ? was there more heinous, more dangerous violence taking place before in Iraq, or is there more heinous, dangerous violence taking place now in Iraq?

O'Reilly: Oh, stop it. Saddam Hussein slaughtered 300,000 to 400,000 people, all right, so knock it off? It isn't so black and white, Dave ? it isn't, 'We're a bad country. Bush is an evil liar.' That's not true.

Letterman: I didn't say he was an evil liar. You're putting words in my mouth, just the way you put artificial facts in your head!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 01:33:58 AM »

The break up of Iraq is probably going to happen no matter how long we stay. More than likely Iran will be one of those countries that take control.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 01:39:44 AM »

Yeah I agree he did try to put words in Dave's mouth.

O'Reilly tries to make people be one way or the other but its not like that.

O'Reilly thinks U either have to be for the US winning or u dont love your country and that is wrong.

U should've watched O'Reilly on Oprah, they had some pretty good discussions with the audience.

I think what O'Reilly tries to get across is that Bush isnt evil, that yeah Bush messed up and made tons of mistakes but he didnt do it for oil or for money or just for his own ego.

I dont know if I agree with that or not but t hats what he tries to get across I think.

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 01:46:46 AM »

The break up of Iraq is probably going to happen no matter how long we stay. More than likely Iran will be one of those countries that take control.

I like how he says, "We need to stay and start a democracy there..."

As if they won't survive unless they accept the American political ideals.

I say: pull out. It's up to them now. Staying there and trying to enforce another political system is wrong.

If terrorists take over, and Iraq becomes a bigger mess than it is now, well...  Undecided
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 01:50:34 AM »

I think giving up though sends the wrong message to terrorists and only fuels their cause.

Like that would give them a rally cry  "Hey we defeated the mighty United States"

That may give them the illusion that they can then do anything they want.

I think pulling out would be dangerous.

No matter how wrong or mislead we were we are now in this and have to try to win it in my opinion.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 02:03:02 AM »

Even Bush is stepping away from "stay the course" these days. He is moving the goal posts in order to declare some sort of "victory".

It will never happen.

If we leave, civil war will rage on.

If we stay, more troops will die and civil war will rage on.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 02:07:38 AM »

OR how about , pull out and if they want to fuck themselves up , let the rest of the world deal with it, at least our own boys and girls wouldn't be dying on a daily basis, if Iraq wants to implode let em.

See now thats my thinking, and I think that if that happened , and was to occur, the ball would be left for others, but that cant be. But what needs to be done , IMO and I'm not a political scientist, but if we pulled out, and had a good , no not good, a great body of truly knowledgeable and respected people( the real pioneering , forward thinking political scientist's who really have respect in the word community go and talk, yes talk. Maybe things could be averted instead if constant bloodshed. Thats just my thinking.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 03:51:10 AM »

It's too bad Bush didn't show up his service in Vietnam......maybe this situation would be familar to him.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 11:02:06 AM »

It's too bad Bush didn't show up his service in Vietnam......maybe this situation would be familar to him.

Didn't Clinton flee to Canada to avoid the draft?  Huh
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 11:30:07 AM »

Didn't Clinton flee to Canada to avoid the draft?? Huh

Not canada, he enrolled in college classes over seas.  Al Gore had a personal body guard and John kerry was there all of a month before he filed his own paperwork, superceding his own chain of command to get a purple star for a scratch to get sent home.  None of our latest candidates have served honorably.  All have been rich assholes that received special treatment.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 11:31:18 AM »

Not canada, he enrolled in college classes over seas.  Al Gore had a personal body guard and John kerry was there all of a month before he filed his own paperwork, superceding his own chain of command to get a purple star for a scratch to get sent home.  None of our latest candidates have served honorably.  All have been rich assholes that received special treatment.

I don't trust any politicians, liberal or conservative, black or white, orange or green.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 11:36:34 AM »

I think giving up though sends the wrong message to terrorists and only fuels their cause.

Like that would give them a rally cry  "Hey we defeated the mighty United States"

That may give them the illusion that they can then do anything they want.

I think pulling out would be dangerous.

No matter how wrong or mislead we were we are now in this and have to try to win it in my opinion.

I don't know, I def see your POV but it just doesn't make sense to stay, the insurgency isn't going to lose its will to fight.  The iraqi police/military HAS to assume control very very soon, its been 3 years already.  The US in Iraq is only creating MORE terrorists and violence.  When we leave they'll just start killing each other.  Better them then us if you ask me.

I look at this like a high stakes poker game, if you're in the hand and you know you've already lost, shouldn't you just fold instead of putting in more chips (lives) just to have them taken away from you when its time to show your hand? 

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 11:38:09 AM »

Can we PLEASE not start another Bush/Clinton thing......aren't you guys bored of that already?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 12:39:53 PM »

Split Iraq into 3 seperate provinces.................

Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »

Iran is becoming one of the big winners in global politics. They are the de facto winners of the War in Iraq. They now know our military tactics, and our political weaknesses. They are the most dangerous enemy we have ever faced, and they have benefited immensely by the fucking idiot President obsessed with Iraq and blind to the threat posed by Iran. Their leaders are fanatical revolutionaries, who will stop at nothing to achieve those aims, medieval mother fuckers who would kill us all and not blink a tear.

Bush has made dealing with these realities impossible. He blew it. He attacked the wrong country, and now we look like a bunch of goose stepping Nazis. The result is that any attempt to actually defend ourselves from a real threat has been compromised.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
sandman
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 04:25:33 PM »

Didn't Clinton flee to Canada to avoid the draft?? Huh

Not canada, he enrolled in college classes over seas.? Al Gore had a personal body guard and John kerry was there all of a month before he filed his own paperwork, superceding his own chain of command to get a purple star for a scratch to get sent home.? None of our latest candidates have served honorably.? All have been rich assholes that received special treatment.

Can we PLEASE not start another Bush/Clinton thing......aren't you guys bored of that already?

don't you mean another iraq war thread??? that's what these threads turn into.

and then all the extreme left wingers call everyone fascists if they have even a small difference in opinion. and they cut and paste the same "thoughts" (aka liberal talking points) from their crazy left wing websites.

and they group everyone into a single category (i.e. "fascists") so they can throw insults at them and equate them with scum-bag politicians. cause obviously they need someone to direct all their anger at. anger that i'm sure is reflective of their own life, not politics.  hihi

but then we have to miss out on having these discussions cause the mods are then forced to lock the threads. which is unfortunate for everyone else...righties and lefties alike.

and just read all the posts - it's crystal clear who the guilty parties are. usually their posts bring zero value or original thought whatsoever. and are loaded with anger and insults.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 04:28:35 PM »

don't you mean another iraq war thread??? that's what these threads turn into.

and then all the extreme left wingers call everyone fascists if they have even a small difference in opinion. and they cut and paste the same "thoughts" (aka liberal talking points) from their crazy left wing websites.

and they group everyone into a single category (i.e. "fascists") so they can throw insults at them and equate them with scum-bag politicians. cause obviously they need someone to direct all their anger at. anger that i'm sure is reflective of their own life, not politics.  hihi

but then we have to miss out on having these discussions cause the mods are then forced to lock the threads. which is unfortunate for everyone else...righties and lefties alike.

and just read all the posts - it's crystal clear who the guilty parties are. usually their posts bring zero value or original thought whatsoever. and are loaded with anger and insults.

Do you realize your post is nothing but more finger pointing and adds nothing to the conversation accept for trying to bait the very people you are accusing of stirring things up into responding to your post, which is basically stirring things up to begin with.  Let the mods worry about who the people are who aren't  contributing intelligent posts.  peace

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: