Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:20:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Floor seating
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Floor seating  (Read 5839 times)
wadernation
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 25, 2006, 02:45:05 PM »

I was just wondering how the floor was. I have floor seats for the show in Toronto and I want to know how early people showed up and where they got. I dont really care about the opening acts and I would rather have a few more drinks before entering, but I would also rather have good seats.

So my main question is, how early will I have to show up to get good floor seats for the show?

there is only one worlds most dangerous man
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 02:46:13 PM »

I don't think there are seats on the floor

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
wadernation
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 02:47:43 PM »

sorry I meant a good spot on the floor

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 02:50:13 PM »

from my experience at the Hammerstein shows you can push forward and be in a pretty decent spot.  I got in late as hell for the 5/14 show with my friends and was able to get 4 'rows' back.  There was some pushing and shoving but it worked out.  Its funny, the closer you get the harder it is to get through the crowd haha.  So I would say you could get there whenever and get up close, but if you really want to be up front you have to get there right when the doors open. 
daubs
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 04:10:40 PM »

from my experience at the Hammerstein shows you can push forward and be in a pretty decent spot.  I got in late as hell for the 5/14 show with my friends and was able to get 4 'rows' back.  There was some pushing and shoving but it worked out.  Its funny, the closer you get the harder it is to get through the crowd haha.  So I would say you could get there whenever and get up close, but if you really want to be up front you have to get there right when the doors open. 

andddd that is why i got an acual seat for the concert.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 04:32:02 PM »

I was on the floor last night.  I got there at 3:20 pm we were first in line.  The crowd was full of people trying to bully their way to the front.  I was bracing myself against the barricade all night to prevent falling over.  Got kicked in the face twice by crowd surfers.  Was cursed out in Portugese by some asshole who pushed his way in next to me.   Lost my friend by the time they got to "Brownstone".
  So I finally got to be front and center for GNR, and it will be the last.  Going for seats next time.  Let those lunatics kill each other.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
EFISH
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 04:35:30 PM »

I was on the floor last night.  I got there at 3:20 pm we were first in line.  The crowd was full of people trying to bully their way to the front.  I was bracing myself against the barricade all night to prevent falling over.  Got kicked in the face twice by crowd surfers.  Was cursed out in Portugese by some asshole who pushed his way in next to me.   Lost my friend by the time they got to "Brownstone".
  So I finally got to be front and center for GNR, and it will be the last.  Going for seats next time.  Let those lunatics kill each other.
Wow, that is insane. I was more towards the left, in front of Ron and it was very calm where I was! I was against the barricade and I stayed there the whole night, same for my brother.. I wasnt pushed at all, and no one crowd surfed near us, but I did see all of those assholes do it up where you were, fucking idiots....
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 04:37:03 PM »

TBH you don't need to be at the front to enjoy any gig. between 3-5 rows back is just as good without all the bullshit at the front.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 04:39:29 PM »

I was on the floor last night.? I got there at 3:20 pm we were first in line.? The crowd was full of people trying to bully their way to the front.? I was bracing myself against the barricade all night to prevent falling over.? Got kicked in the face twice by crowd surfers.? Was cursed out in Portugese by some asshole who pushed his way in next to me.? ?Lost my friend by the time they got to "Brownstone".
? So I finally got to be front and center for GNR, and it will be the last.? Going for seats next time.? Let those lunatics kill each other.

Thanks for sharing.  Now I dont at all regret my purchase of reserved seating. Shit like that can f' up the whole experience.  Glad you didnt let it ruin your night.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Shakes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »

By any chance did you see me in the front in the red shirt getting crushed to death? Hahaha. I got folded like a fucking accordian. I had waited this long to see GNR, and with the spot I had I wasn't giving it up. The two big guys in front of me were very nice keeping a look out for me. Security were a bunch of asses though. This minor shit didn't ruin my night though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 04:41:35 PM by Shakes » Logged
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 04:43:21 PM »

front row dead center every time... I usually get in like 12 hours before doors open  hihi

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 04:45:47 PM »

I actually find front row a lot calmer than 3-5 rows back, because the people a few rows back are trying desperatly to get to the front, while the people who are already up front just have to hold on to the barricade and stay where they are. That's my experience anyway peace
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 04:46:56 PM »

from my experience at the Hammerstein shows you can push forward and be in a pretty decent spot.? I got in late as hell for the 5/14 show with my friends and was able to get 4 'rows' back.? There was some pushing and shoving but it worked out.? Its funny, the closer you get the harder it is to get through the crowd haha.? So I would say you could get there whenever and get up close, but if you really want to be up front you have to get there right when the doors open.?

I did the same thing, same show. ?I took 1 look at that line and the bar around the corner looked much more appealing to me so I went in about 10ish after it had dispersed. ?People were still milling around so it was easy to get a pretty close spot by just edging up the side without the hassle of spending hours on a line. ?

I guess this will be harder for a larger arena show though. ?Which is why I chose floor seats for MSG and not the GA. ?(I have stood in GA for 4 shows this year already)

GA isn't for everyone. ?The people can be rough and it's all about what you are willing to tolerate. ?If you aren't into getting covered in slopping beer and shoved constantly you should stand in the back or get a seat.
Shakes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »

And for those who still can't basically figure it out ... once you get down there .. it's a free-for-all.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »

I was on the floor last night.? I got there at 3:20 pm we were first in line.? The crowd was full of people trying to bully their way to the front.? I was bracing myself against the barricade all night to prevent falling over.? Got kicked in the face twice by crowd surfers.? Was cursed out in Portugese by some asshole who pushed his way in next to me.? ?Lost my friend by the time they got to "Brownstone".
? So I finally got to be front and center for GNR, and it will be the last.? Going for seats next time.? Let those lunatics kill each other.

Shit like that can f' up the whole experience.?

haha or make it all the more better.  Its fun. 
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 04:59:43 PM »

By any chance did you see me in the front in the red shirt getting crushed to death? Hahaha. I got folded like a fucking accordian. I had waited this long to see GNR, and with the spot I had I wasn't giving it up. The two big guys in front of me were very nice keeping a look out for me. Security were a bunch of asses though. This minor shit didn't ruin my night though.

Do you wear glasses?  I was wearing my black and grey Meta division Champions Tshirt.  Was with my friend(for a while) in a white GNR Las Vegas tshirt.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Shakes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 05:00:40 PM »

No to the glasses. Saw your friend in the white shirt.
wadernation
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 05:05:33 PM »

Thanks for the info. But I was wondering to the people that waited in line and got to the front. How do you leave to piss. Unless you can hold it for like over 5 hours

Shakes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 05:07:34 PM »

I don't drink anything before hand .. if I get that problem I hold it though and it goes away until later.hahaha.
EFISH
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 05:07:52 PM »

Thanks for the info. But I was wondering to the people that waited in line and got to the front. How do you leave to piss. Unless you can hold it for like over 5 hours
Yeah, you gotta hold it in or your guarenteed to lose your spot.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: