Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New GNR Harley Davidson commercial feat. Paradise City
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New GNR Harley Davidson commercial feat. Paradise City  (Read 8544 times)
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

Did anyone else see that it sasy:
COME BACK SOON TO SEE BLACK SHEEP WITH "BETTER" THE NW SONG FOR GUNS N' ROSES FORTHCOMING ALBUM CHINESE DEMOCRACY?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Detour/Black_Sheep.jsp?locale=en_US

If we are talking about the PC commercial and it says it on the PC commercial what is the problem?  For Real.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 12:56:28 PM »

Umm...i ?wasn't making it up...it says it right there on the fucking website.....for everyone to see....

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 12:57:26 PM »

Yeah I know
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 12:58:23 PM »

Yeah, it's coming soon according to them.

What's there to talk about? I mean, are you gonna guess how it'll sound since you "haven't heard it yet"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 12:59:01 PM »

The commercial is good, but the tease is Better Grin
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 01:03:49 PM by Vicious Wishes » Logged

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 01:00:24 PM »

The commercial is good, and the tease is Better Grin

OMIGOD YOU SAID THE DEVIL WORD.

I can't believe how many people are being brave this fine morning! Good luck to all of you I suppose.  Undecided
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 01:03:31 PM »

I think the ad is well-done.  Its just too bad that many on here wont share my enthusiasm:

Gnr are not a corp rock band like aerosmith and bon jovi are, both who sell a lot of their songs to movies. You really want gnr to be viewed as that?

Do you really want to hear gnr songs as stupid gingles for car comericals or cerial comericals? I sure dont. Gnr were NEVER about that, so why start now?

Like I really want to hear a gnr song in some stupid commercial, but that?s the difference between slash and duff and Axl. Axl wants to use the song when it warrants it; slash and duff still want to use the name guns n roses just to make money. You should talk to some Stones or Zeppelin hard-core fans; they hate the fact that their songs are used for stupid car commercials and other commercials.

Ill take Axl over that guy anyday and I hate when Aerosmith or any group I love put their fuckin song in a commercial.

How much money do u need?

It just diminishes everything.

Why do people get so uptight when an artist decides to license their songs to commercials and/or movies? I'm not just referring to anyone from here  because I noticed fans of various bands get all uptight over their favorite band doing it. Why does it bother people so much? Does it make them less credible or what?

For me it's probably because occasionally I hear a song on the radio and then I wonder what commercial the song was in.... People start thinking of the product as soon as they hear the song. Even after the commercial itself isn't on tv anymore.

/jarmo
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2006, 01:04:27 PM »

I don't think it's a secret that there'll be a new GN'R song in the clip at this point, as it says on the site.

But since it hasn't premiered yet, we can't talk about that new clip.

Booker, your enthusiasm? Haha, good one!

You've never come across as a enthusiastic GN'R fan.... More like a VR fan who likes to keep people like Dave down because he's enthusiastic.

No, I don't associate Paradise City with motorcycles. I do however sometimes associate songs I don't even like with certain brands because that's where I heard the song the most often.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 01:10:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2006, 01:05:39 PM »

That was badazz!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2006, 01:06:04 PM »

Booker Floyd Axl didnt put PC or Better on the AD. SACT did since they own his publishing rights now. They did it because they need to make back money on the $15m cost of CD.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
huegel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2006, 01:06:25 PM »

nice flash movie, but I think they could have done better.
glad to see a gnr song used in a tv commercial though
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2006, 01:06:57 PM »

Booker Floyd Axl didnt put PC or Better on the AD. SACT did since they own his publishing rights now. They did it because they need to make back money on the $15m cost of CD.

Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.  ok
ILoveGNRandPhysics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2006, 01:07:42 PM »

Why do people get so uptight when an artist decides to license their songs to commercials and/or movies? I'm not just referring to anyone from here  because I noticed fans of various bands get all uptight over their favorite band doing it. Why does it bother people so much? Does it make them less credible or what?

For me it's probably because occasionally I hear a song on the radio and then I wonder what commercial the song was in.... People start thinking of the product as soon as they hear the song. Even after the commercial itself isn't on tv anymore.

/jarmo

Yeah, I can't hear "Bang a Gong" by TRex without thinking of easy mac and it's really annoying.

No trees were killed in the making of this post; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2006, 01:08:21 PM »

Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.? ok

And I guess this missed this post by me right

I just hope this does not mean gnr songs are going to be used on tons of Ads. But Sact has to make their money back for the 15m that CD cost.

ok

You know that I am right but just cant face the facts. This is the first time a gnr song was used for an AD and it was only after axl sold his publishing rights. Btw to use PC slash and duff also had to sign off on it , and since it was used it means they did  ok
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 01:14:56 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2006, 01:09:43 PM »

I don't think it's a secret that there'll be a new GN'R song in the clip at this point, as it says on the site.

But since it hasn't premiered yet, we can't talk about that new clip.

/jarmo

What? New clip? You ruined the surprise for me, Jarmo! And to think I had even rented a tuxedo to wear for the grand unveiling, and some call girls from the ghetto who admired my "funny obsession" with GN'R.  Angry I thought the commercial was going to feature Axl rocking out in his underwear to a Led Zeppelin song, and now I find out it's just a clip of a new song? Bah! Who wants that?!  Huh

(I sometimes wonder if I'm on drugs and just never remember taking them.  hihi)

P014r
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2006, 01:10:57 PM »

Name:     P014r
Position:    Opening Act
Date Registered:    July 12, 2003, 03:34:05 PM
Last Active:    Today at 01:09:51 PM

damn i registered here a loooong time ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2006, 01:12:09 PM »

And you won't be posting too long if you keep posting shit.

/jarmo

P014r
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2006, 01:14:42 PM »

lol i didnt realize you were censoring things i just read the thread and thought i was posting news. my bad do yer thing dawg
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2006, 01:15:10 PM »

And I guess this missed this post by me right

Not sure what youre trying to say here...

What evidence do you have to prove Axl had no involvement in this?  Or that its necessary to foot the albums cost?  What evidence do you have to even suggest how much Sanctuary (and not a parent company) has spent on it?

No matter what theories you make up to make yourself feel better, the fact is that you criticized others for making money with their publishing rights when thats exactly what Axl did, whether he had involvement in these ads or simply sold away those rights for others to exploit.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2006, 01:15:43 PM »

lol i didnt realize you were censoring things i just read the thread and thought i was posting news. my bad do yer thing dawg

You just called Jarmo "dawg"?!

rofl rofl

I'm loving this thread!

I think Paradise City fits the commercial quite well.  peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: