Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:35:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy cannot come out with ZERO advance notice
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy cannot come out with ZERO advance notice  (Read 17243 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2006, 01:36:00 AM »

I suppose. All I kow now is that In my opinion, that's MY opinion not yours or anybody else's, Guns N' Roses are the worst run band in all of music in terms of managment. The whole thing with everything is terrible. 2006 has been a million times better than any year since the early 90's as far as Guns is concerned but more and more it seems they have no clue what they're doing really. It's like they're just flying by the seat of their pants. Huh

Agreed... So if any band is going to pull some weird stunt like releasing a hugely anticipated album with no notice, it's going to be the worst run band around!
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2006, 01:47:30 AM »

If it is really coming out this year, which I pray it does, GnR missed out on a huge promotional campaign. We could have had a video in circulation, a single on the radio, crazy advertisements...but no.  Lips Sealed

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2006, 01:59:17 AM »

there's no way. how could this go down next week when a major music chain like HMV has nothing in their system regarding a CD release date?

"nothing in their system"?  I'm sure that could be changed in under 5 minutes, it's not like they're running DOS... and I don't think they would turn away the new Guns N' Roses CD.

They're may not be enough time to ship all the CDs (unless the wheels are already in motion), but "in the system" means nothing to the CD coming out really.  Obviously the disc is ready if Axl is playing it at parties, so who knows what's going on behind the scenes regarding the release.

I suppose. All I kow now is that In my opinion, that's MY opinion not yours or anybody else's, Guns N' Roses are the worst run band in all of music in terms of managment. The whole thing with everything is terrible.  2006 has been a million  times better than any year since the early 90's as far as Guns is concerned but more and more it seems they have no clue what they're doing really. It's like they're just flying by the seat of their pants. Huh

And then watch as the album ends up selling just as much in the U.S. as the over-promoted U2 album from a couple years ago. Speaking of that, I've got some questions for you man. U2 has been around since what, the late 70s? How many albums have they put out? The RIAA says they've sold around 50.5 million records in the U.S. with GN'R selling 38.5 million. I'm a much bigger GN'R fan than I am a U2 fan, so I do know that GN'R has not put out much material and I also know they haven't been around as long. I'm just wondering how it's possible that GN'R has sold that many in comparison with a great band like U2? Selfishly, I know GN'R is great, but you would think U2 has enough releases (just the sheer number) to outsell GN'R by at least double in the U.S.

http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topartists.asp
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 02:00:56 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2006, 02:24:20 AM »

I suppose. All I kow now is that In my opinion, that's MY opinion not yours or anybody else's, Guns N' Roses are the worst run band in all of music in terms of managment. The whole thing with everything is terrible. 2006 has been a million times better than any year since the early 90's as far as Guns is concerned but more and more it seems they have no clue what they're doing really. It's like they're just flying by the seat of their pants. Huh

Agreed... So if any band is going to pull some weird stunt like releasing a hugely anticipated album with no notice, it's going to be the worst run band around!

Let me ask you an honest question E: How would you describe the way it is run now?  Tongue
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2006, 02:38:51 AM »

I know that there's no comparison, but didn't Limp Bizkit's last release come out the same way - with no promotion whatsoever? And it did dismally too.

But Limp Bizkit is definitely NOT in the same league as GN'R.

It's all very interesting in the world of GN'R. Always such mystery...

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2006, 02:51:26 AM »

I know that there's no comparison, but didn't Limp Bizkit's last release come out the same way - with no promotion whatsoever? And it did dismally too.

But Limp Bizkit is definitely NOT in the same league as GN'R.

It's all very interesting in the world of GN'R. Always such mystery...

On that note...I couldn't give 2 shits if it bombs, just ass long as I like it and as long as I think it kicks ass, i don't give a fuck.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2006, 02:54:11 AM »

And then watch as the album ends up selling just as much in the U.S. as the over-promoted U2 album from a couple years ago. Speaking of that, I've got some questions for you man. U2 has been around since what, the late 70s? How many albums have they put out? The RIAA says they've sold around 50.5 million records in the U.S. with GN'R selling 38.5 million. I'm a much bigger GN'R fan than I am a U2 fan, so I do know that GN'R has not put out much material and I also know they haven't been around as long. I'm just wondering how it's possible that GN'R has sold that many in comparison with a great band like U2? Selfishly, I know GN'R is great, but you would think U2 has enough releases (just the sheer number) to outsell GN'R by at least double in the U.S.

Guns N' Roses is one of the greatest rock n' roll bands ever, and the numbers from RIAA solidifies that fact even more. Even if we disregard the opinion of us die hards, GN'R is a very special band. Even GN'R lies, an EP, sold well over 10 million worldwide. AFD sold over 40 million, UYI 1&2 over 35 million. You don't see those numbers very often, and especially not from a band with only three full length releases.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2006, 02:55:34 AM »

there's no way. how could this go down next week when a major music chain like HMV has nothing in their system regarding a CD release date?

"nothing in their system"? I'm sure that could be changed in under 5 minutes, it's not like they're running DOS... and I don't think they would turn away the new Guns N' Roses CD.

They're may not be enough time to ship all the CDs (unless the wheels are already in motion), but "in the system" means nothing to the CD coming out really. Obviously the disc is ready if Axl is playing it at parties, so who knows what's going on behind the scenes regarding the release.

i dont kow man, all i will say is that the joshua tree, war and achtung baby sold a absolute fuckin shit load of albums and thats just three U2 albums

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
paigow39
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2006, 02:55:46 AM »

http://www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml

Nov 21st
SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2006, 03:01:06 AM »

Juicy.............
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2006, 03:07:24 AM »

they've had that on their site for a good 1.5-2 weeks now.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2006, 03:07:58 AM »

I that website just rumors..or is it confirmed??
SLCPUNK
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2006, 03:08:58 AM »

Could have picked it up from here.................. hihi
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2006, 03:11:42 AM »

That's my guess SLC.  I just posted over at Rollingstone about the album..seems like people are liking the idea of hearing some new GN'R material.  Maybe its just fans from these message boards...but it will sell no doubt about it.
Bono
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2006, 03:15:42 AM »

O.k. I'll take the bait BUT watch as it's me who gets shit on for talking U2 in the Gn'R section hihi Roll Eyes

U2 has sold roughly over 130 million albums world wide so I don't know. ?I do know that Gn'R have a long way to go if they want to keep pace in terms of record sales. ?U2 has averaged roughly 9.5 million albums sold per release as compared to Gn'R's 11 million or so per release based on 80 or so million albums sold world wide. So it seems as though Gn'R has them beat. U2 though has sustained that over 14 album releases. double that of Gn'R. Plus U2 never really sold a huge amount of albums untill The Joshua Tree. Oddly U2 was a ?stadium band before they had a number one album. So that means they took off sales wise at the same time as Gn'R. Since 1987 U2 has had 9 releases(2 best of's) in comparison to Gn'R's 7(1 best of). So for U2 to have sold nearly 50 million albums more or so in their career that would ?lead you to believe all those albums were sold from 1980-1986 which is not the case. When you break it down U2 has sold a hell of a lot more in the time that Gn'R has been around. Partially based on staying power, partially based on old material for fans to fall back on which wasn't purchased by many the first time around. Guns' sales achievments are impressive for them only being around ?for such a short period of time but whether or not they would have been able to sustain those types of numbers over the long haul the way U2 has we'll never know.

If I have screwed up any of the numbers here in terms of the world wide album sales I listed please correct me. I'm not an expert by any means when it comes to that stuff.
GeraldFord
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2006, 03:23:59 AM »

O.k. I'll take the bait BUT watch as it's me who gets shit on for talking U2 in the Gn'R section hihi Roll Eyes

U2 has sold roughly over 130 million albums world wide so I don't know. ?I do know that Gn'R have a long way to go if they want to keep pace in terms of record sales. ?U2 has averaged roughly 9.5 million albums sold per release as compared to Gn'R's 11 million or so per release based on 80 or so million albums sold world wide. So it seems as though Gn'R has them beat. U2 though has sustained that over 14 album releases. double that of Gn'R. Plus U2 never really sold a huge amount of albums untill The Joshua Tree. Oddly U2 was a ?stadium band before they had a number one album. So that means they took off sales wise at the same time as Gn'R. Since 1987 U2 has had 9 releases(2 best of's) in comparison to Gn'R's 7(1 best of). So for U2 to have sold nearly 50 million albums more or so in their career that would ?lead you to believe all those albums were sold from 1980-1986 which is not the case. When you break it down U2 has sold a hell of a lot more in the time that Gn'R has been around. Partially based on staying power, partially based on old material for fans to fall back on which wasn't purchased by many the first time around. Guns' sales achievments are impressive for them only being around ?for such a short period of time but whether or not they would have been able to sustain those types of numbers over the long haul the way U2 has we'll never know.

If I have screwed up any of the numbers here in terms of the world wide album sales I listed please correct me. I'm not an expert by any means when it comes to that stuff.

I think we should just nail Bono (the real one) to the cross and get it over with.
Bono
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2006, 03:25:50 AM »

I think we should just nail Bono (the real one) to the cross and get it over with.
Hmmmm... No comment
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2006, 03:31:36 AM »

personally i dont understand why U2 take such a beating here, they're an awesome band.

also, axl said that "one" was one of the best songs he ever heard and that it made him cry, so that cant be that bad eh?

anyways, totally off topic!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2006, 03:35:19 AM »

Oddly enough, I actually had a dream about Chinese Democracy coming out with no advance notice. In my dream, I was at Wal-Mart with my mom, and I just happened to walk past the music section and saw a GNR display full of copies of Chinese Democracy. The cover art was just the star logo. I freaked out when I saw it and immediately bought the cd. I was listening to it in the car then, and the whole album was awesome, but there were some strange things about: for instance, no Madagascar or The Blues--- there were no slow songs or ballads whatsoever. Also, many of the songs had a bit of a hip-hop feel to them, where Axl was almost rapping in some parts. I think that's just because last night, right before I went to bed, I read a thread on here that talked about Chinese Democracy songs being inspired by rap/hip-hop. But yeah .... I though I'd share that with everybody.

Here Today . . .
Bono
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2006, 03:36:19 AM »

O.k. AS much as I love talking about U2 folks this is not the U2 section. If you want we can talk to jarmo about starting one hihi but untill then please try and refrain from all out U2 discussion in the Gn'R section. Yes I use them as refrences at times(alot of the time) but it's never my intention to start an all out discussion about them here. ?I'm the one that gets shit on for it anyways so why would Iwant to do that? And for the record I did not start this U2 discussion. So move along, nothing to see here. Go back to discussing the inadequacies ?in CD promotion.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: