Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2024, 03:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228088 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 151099 times)
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1080 on: October 17, 2006, 04:40:28 AM »

I think maybe the problem is EVERYONE is fimiliar with GnRs music so they have that preconceived notion (slash phrase) of what gnr will sound like.

My best mate hated the gnr gig we went to because he didnt understand how the bands changed over the years.

Thats the worry for me... SCOM live isnt SCOM video and some people are so naive as to believe that would be the case. I prefer the live band, I love the energy, but Im afraid we are seeing a lot of peopel who dont get that.
fixintodie
« Reply #1081 on: October 17, 2006, 05:54:57 AM »

pray its true.

yeah, because that is something high up on god's list, to have the gnr album released.? Wink

Well, God is very similar to Axl. Introduces Jesus to enormous excitement and promises mankind that he will return, stronger than ever. But in the end he's just left us hanging for the last 2000 years. I wonder, when is the second coming slated for release?

I heard from this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy, that Jesus: The Second Coming was scheduled for November 24th. But he doesn't want to compete with Jay-Z.  ok
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #1082 on: October 17, 2006, 05:59:05 AM »

Well if it's not Nostradamus who told you than I don't know who it is.

This thread should be locked; we are in need of some serious rumor control here

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1083 on: October 17, 2006, 06:50:21 AM »

You will never be able to compare the succes of AFD and the speculation about commercial succes of CD.
In the '80s Guns were NOT known, they were a new, super, underground 'cult' group which became very popular and they became a hype. Therefore AFD had only a big commercial succes after few years!

For CD the situation is different as GN'R (by name - not by members anymore? Tongue) is well known. So, if they want to have this thing to be succesful:
a) it has to be of very good muscial quality
b) good publicity (video's, singles, posters, etc, news,...)

You have to know that 'others' (= non GN'R fans) will be very critical about the new album. Which is very normal: Guns is a mega rock n' roll band, who made some of the best albums ever, made fantastic songs, made some historical songs (WTTJ, PC, NR). They are not 'starters' anymore who deserve a lot of credit.
If anything it is not better than an average album, then the reviews will be very very bad.

Anyhow, I hope CD will succeed but I really have my doubts. I am not yet really convinced about most of the new songs (can change of course).

Also, after all those years, my hopes about the new band, the new cd, etc are fading. I almost had it. The shows I have seen in 2002 and 2006 were not as good as I expected. 2002 = aweful, 2006 = boring. But still I have little hope in Axl.

If CD doesn't see the daylight before end of 2006, then I probable say "Fuck off, I'm done with (the new) GN'R!!". They had their chances. I hope this doesn't happen.

I've been supporting this band too long now and I expect something in return goddammit!!!!  rant rant

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #1084 on: October 17, 2006, 07:33:09 AM »

jay z doesnt matter. CD will come out or it wont.
if it does, you will either like it or you wont.
jarmo doesnt no anything he hasnt already told us, or at least if he does he evidently believes that axl will not release the cd if there is too much bitchin, as evidenced by the fact that he deletes every negative thread, the most recent being the one started by the person who said thayu dont believe it is coming out.
i still hope it is, but find it increasingly hard to care. im just curious bout how it will sound.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1085 on: October 17, 2006, 07:53:33 AM »

The Beatles Love has just been announced for November 21...

Sad Lips Sealed Cool
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1086 on: October 17, 2006, 08:35:12 AM »

fuck if they are waiting for a date with no major releases then no wonder it has taken so long....there is always gonna be other albums coming out...always

as to whether it hits number one or not...i don't really give a flying fuck, if i like it then that's all that matters, (buddha Master's Empire/home alone analogy was spot on Cheesy )in fact i suspect about a quarter of the posters online are gonna be disappointed in this record, just cuz expectations are built so high, in the end it's just gonna be another Rock CD peace

of everybody i know....only a couple buy both Rap and rock CD's...the majority of people stick to within a certain range of musical tastes, of course there are exceptions to the rule but you motherfuckers make it sound like when Jay Z's album comes and if CD is released on that same day, that people will be in the store flipping coins to decide what one to buy (hmmm axl's comebaclk or Jay-Z's which one will sell more so i look cooler)...the vast majority of people don't wait hardcore for the doors to open to buy cd's people, they'll wait for the weekend or payday or whatever, and if you buy cd's just so your collection looks cool and up to date, then, well, well my music taste is my own not somebody else's Tongue

Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #1087 on: October 17, 2006, 08:44:30 AM »

Well I own nearly every gangsta rap album along with a lot of rock, southern rock, county a.o  ok

The reason Rap has been as successful as it is right now is because it's bought by people outside the rap "circle".

Jay Z's album according to music industry watchers has a chance to break the first week sales record, no idea if that's gonna happen but the build up/hype has begun. I would love to see Gn'R up against Jay Z (and the new Snoop record) but from a record label point of view I can understand Nov 21 is not the date to do it, too much at stake.

Early December looks out of the picture as well with the sort of comeback Eminem Presents album which is on Interscope Records.

Time will tell.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #1088 on: October 17, 2006, 09:15:12 AM »

of everybody i know....only a couple buy both Rap and rock CD's...the majority of people stick to within a certain range of musical tastes, of course there are exceptions to the rule but you motherfuckers make it sound like when Jay Z's album comes and if CD is released on that same day, that people will be in the store flipping coins to decide what one to buy (hmmm axl's comebaclk or Jay-Z's which one will sell more so i look cooler)...the vast majority of people don't wait hardcore for the doors to open to buy cd's people, they'll wait for the weekend or payday or whatever, and if you buy cd's just so your collection looks cool and up to date, then, well, well my music taste is my own not somebody else's Tongue
That's not the issue, though. The fact is, there are more rap fans than rock fans out there, and if GN'R's album goes out on the same day as Jay-Z's, it will be beaten in the charts. This will give more fuel to music critics, who already have their knives out for Axl. Now, you can rail against the critics as much as you like, but that's not going to stop them - and they do influence the record-buying public. Chinese Democracy has to open at #1, after all the time, effort and money that's been put into it.

SG
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1089 on: October 17, 2006, 09:25:15 AM »

i seriously don`t think rap is anywhere as big in the world as it is in the US.........

anyways....  i don?t get these discussions.  i don`t care when jay z releases his new record, i don?t care if CD gets the number one spot on the charts...etc

the only thing i care about right now is a release date in 2006 and i great record ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1090 on: October 17, 2006, 09:34:34 AM »

Ill say it again...

How can you call yourself a GnR fan if you care about what chart position it reaches!!! Jeez!!!! Some of us have been waiting on this album for almost a decade and now people are moaning that it might come out on the same day as some loser called JayZ.

Some fans spoil it for others.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1091 on: October 17, 2006, 09:37:22 AM »

i seriously don`t think rap is anywhere as big in the world as it is in the US.........

anyways....? i don?t get these discussions.? i don`t care when jay z releases his new record, i don?t care if CD gets the number one spot on the charts...etc

the only thing i care about right now is a release date in 2006 and i great record ok

exactly, i just want to hear this thing!!!
elevendayempire
Rocker

« Reply #1092 on: October 17, 2006, 09:46:55 AM »

Ill say it again...

How can you call yourself a GnR fan if you care about what chart position it reaches!!! Jeez!!!! Some of us have been waiting on this album for almost a decade and now people are moaning that it might come out on the same day as some loser called JayZ.

Some fans spoil it for others.
I call myself a GN'R fan because I want to see this album succeed, and reach the widest audience possible. I don't want Axl to be a laughing stock, I don't want people using Chinese Democracy as the byword for rock-star hubris. I call myself a GN'R fan because I care. I've downloaded the bootlegs, I've seen the band live, I'll buy the album I've been waiting for for the last fucking DECADE. I frequent GN'R boards on a daily basis, waiting for some nugget of information about this bloody album; by all reasonable definitions, I'm a fan of the band. Just because I don't blindly follow Axl and dare to question some of his decisions - always from the point of view of constructive criticism, what can be done to improve this band's standing - the fucking Tali-fans castigate me for "not being a fan". Well, going by their definition of what a fan is, I'm fucking glad. Is that what you want us all to be? Glassy-eyed acolytes waiting to drink the Kool-Aid?

SG
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1093 on: October 17, 2006, 09:58:44 AM »

I just think the whole JayZ thing has been totally blown out of proportion.

Come on, what percentage of GnR fans out their also like RAP? Surely you dont believe its a high enough proportion to threaten GnRs sales?

People will buy this album based on loyality, intrigue, reviews, the gigs and promotional stuff like Magazines and TV appearences. All of which have nothing whatsoever to do with Rap music nor its audience.

Ive been reading about the band since 98, dreaming of this album, we almost got it back in the early 00s but it slipped away. Now it looks like its back and i just want it now regardless of when the best tactical release date is.

The music will sell itsself... if the record is as good as I know and trust Axl has made it... then its gona sell itsself regardless of the competition.

GnRs release of CD is a once in a lifeime event... a very historic moment in rock.
elevendayempire
Rocker

« Reply #1094 on: October 17, 2006, 10:10:06 AM »

Come on, what percentage of GnR fans out their also like RAP? Surely you dont believe its a high enough proportion to threaten GnRs sales?
Huh Huh Huh
The point is not that GN'R fans will stand there in the record shop going, "Hmm, which to buy, GN'R or Jay-Z?" The point is that there are more rap fans than rock fans in the US, ergo Jay-Z's album will (in all likelihood) sell more if they're released on the same day. Particularly as he's, y'know, actually promoting his album...

SG
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1095 on: October 17, 2006, 10:36:47 AM »

well my feeking is greatness , doesnt have to be promoted, it just is, if you care so much about album sales and popularity, I find you a charity case, but ever one has thier own tastes, so whoo really gives a fuck, the sheep or the cows, or tha camel?

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1096 on: October 17, 2006, 10:38:49 AM »

Huh Huh Huh
The point is not that GN'R fans will stand there in the record shop going, "Hmm, which to buy, GN'R or Jay-Z?" The point is that there are more rap fans than rock fans in the US, ergo Jay-Z's album will (in all likelihood) sell more if they're released on the same day. Particularly as he's, y'know, actually promoting his album...

SG

the point is who gives a flying fuck how much records Jay-Z sells....not I for one hihi Axl is always gonna get shat on by the media...always has been like that always will. CD will get poor reviews just because "SLASH ISN"T ON IT" mark my words

codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1097 on: October 17, 2006, 10:44:48 AM »

Huh Huh Huh

SG

the point is who gives a flying fuck how much records Jay-Z sells....not I for one hihi Axl is always gonna get shat on by the media...always has been like that always will. CD will get poor reviews just because "SLASH ISN"T ON IT" mark my words

/wonders if the Slash fans of the world might put CD on ignore. Never thought of that, there's alot of them about.
elevendayempire
Rocker

« Reply #1098 on: October 17, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

well my feeking is greatness , doesnt have to be promoted, it just is
Bollocks it is. Appetite for Destruction became successful after MTV's late-night broadcast of the WTTJ video. A video is a promotional tool; if it hadn't been broadcast, if their promotions people hadn't been canny enough to take the "MTV bombarded by requests for WTTJ" story and get some coverage with it in the media, if they hadn't carried on promoting the band constantly... most likely you yourself wouldn't have heard about GN'R. They'd just have been another small band with some very good songs that folded after a moderately successful debut album. Music is about mass entertainment; if a band isn't commercially successful, it won't reach a wide audience, won't get the backing it needs to keep on making music (for all the talk of the internet liberating artists, that new business model hasn't yet come of age). So, a true fan should want Chinese Democracy to reach as wide an audience as possible.

SG
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1099 on: October 17, 2006, 10:48:21 AM »

My friend who is a huge slash fan isnt even giving Chinese Democracy a chance he said...
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: