Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:04:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 151214 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1060 on: October 17, 2006, 01:40:49 AM »

We'll see, but it's like 99.9% untrue.
Raise that a tenth of a percent, and you are correct.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1061 on: October 17, 2006, 01:44:28 AM »

If anything happens on that date, Ronald Reagan will bust out of his tomb and successfully secure a seat in Congress.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1062 on: October 17, 2006, 01:51:56 AM »

Chinese Democracy will be released on October 24th to coincide with the tour.  This way they'll be able to play more new songs at the show without worrying about bootlegging  hihi
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1063 on: October 17, 2006, 01:54:37 AM »

this sounds legit yo................

sometimes you gotta say shit.............

this is a song about your fucking mother!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1064 on: October 17, 2006, 01:56:51 AM »

Well we KNOW its not going to be released.  Maybe it'll actually be the release date...no more guessing games.  If nothing happens, we still have that exciting day of getting the release date to look forward too.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #1065 on: October 17, 2006, 02:32:30 AM »

Hey stop talking about some  jay z???

who cares if jaz z would sell more albums than gnr,?
we onlt want to hear great music from the band and nothing else

jaz z,i don't know who isthe guy,and i don't care about his selling

I have never seen so many tree
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #1066 on: October 17, 2006, 02:45:53 AM »

who cares if it doesnt debu at nr 1? AFD didnt do well until 1 year after its release...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1067 on: October 17, 2006, 02:47:54 AM »

they need to go platinum just to break even... (considering it costs 13$ per cd, and 13million to make it)

I'm sure they've recouped all the costs from "Greatest Hits", which cost almost nothing to make!

Also you should factor in the huge pool of money that is the company. 13 million should get soaked up along the way somewhere fairly easy, if it has not already.................. Tongue
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #1068 on: October 17, 2006, 03:16:05 AM »

pray its true.

yeah, because that is something high up on god's list, to have the gnr album released.  Wink

Well, God is very similar to Axl. Introduces Jesus to enormous excitement and promises mankind that he will return, stronger than ever. But in the end he's just left us hanging for the last 2000 years. I wonder, when is the second coming slated for release?

You walked right into this, so I'll go ahead and say it:

Before CD is released!  Grin hihi
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1069 on: October 17, 2006, 03:18:10 AM »

Do you think GNR will fuck this up and start the tour with no official word of a release date or single?  It would be straight buffoonery for them to do so.  This band is just so annoying in that sense. 

Yeah, it's sooooo annoying....  Roll Eyes

Reminds me of.... 1991!

/jarmo

Yeah, but Jarmo - its not 1991 and GN'R isn't the biggest band in the world anymore. After the 2002 disaster, Axl absolutely needs to have a new single out by the time this tour starts, or this tour is gonna sink. Its no coincidence that you can still get GA tickets for pretty much every show. Most of the shows aren't selling well at all. If Axl and GNR want to be the biggest band in the world again, they need to tour behind new material, or they're fucked - there's no other way to put it.

Not to throw stones, but you have to consider the fact that how many bands nowadays, play stadiums, or arena, that are GA, Im pretty sure the casual fans will order preseated  assigned seating. TO avoid the "pist", so for instance back in 99 I believe, when Motley went on tour , and played Nassau colliseum, they had GA on the flor, guess what, the floor was half full, but the arean was sold almost to capacity, and to thik what it will be like at MSG, whre the entire floor will be packed, and the arena. remove the chairs and you have much more bodies to fill for a GA .
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:35:57 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #1070 on: October 17, 2006, 03:33:46 AM »

IMO, these numbers keep getting inflated.  I have hard time believing that CD cost 20 million now to make.  Plus, this band (GNR's Corp.) has been bringing in quite a bit of money in 2006 as a whole.  Yeah, this CD has been expensive, no doubt about that.  But, if it can sell 4 million worldwide, I think many will be happy.  Over 4 million in sales, another successful tour following Europe, plus a 2nd CD down the road and many will think this is huge.

I dunno if it's inflated - I mean the NY Times article claimed some of the equipment cost something like half a million a month? Did I read that correctly? And that it sat in the studio mostly unused?

But based on European ticket sales and Greatest Hits they've already recouped a lot of - if not all of - the costs.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1071 on: October 17, 2006, 03:45:04 AM »

they need to go platinum just to break even... (considering it costs 13$ per cd, and 13million to make it)

Double platinum atleast. The band and the retailers takes a share to.
Axl could take a piss and it would come out double platinum. Axl needs Chinese Democracy to go diamond for it to be seen as a success. I'm sure Axl's goal in making this album was for it to out sell Appetite.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #1072 on: October 17, 2006, 03:47:30 AM »

IMO, these numbers keep getting inflated.  I have hard time believing that CD cost 20 million now to make.  Plus, this band (GNR's Corp.) has been bringing in quite a bit of money in 2006 as a whole.  Yeah, this CD has been expensive, no doubt about that.  But, if it can sell 4 million worldwide, I think many will be happy.  Over 4 million in sales, another successful tour following Europe, plus a 2nd CD down the road and many will think this is huge.

I dunno if it's inflated - I mean the NY Times article claimed some of the equipment cost something like half a million a month? Did I read that correctly? And that it sat in the studio mostly unused?

But based on European ticket sales and Greatest Hits they've already recouped a lot of - if not all of - the costs.

There's at least 2 albums worth of material, so if it has cost around $15 million so far, then that's around $7.5 million per album (but I think it's closer to 3 albums worth of material to be honest). Either way, for 3 albums to cost that much is pretty crazy in the first place. LOL.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #1073 on: October 17, 2006, 03:48:55 AM »

Double platinum atleast. The band and the retailers takes a share to.
Axl could take a piss and it would come out double platinum. Axl needs Chinese Democracy to go diamond for it to be seen as a success. I'm sure Axl's goal in making this album was for it to out sell Appetite.

Matt, Axl would have to be on crack-cocaine to think it would ever sell that many records. Appetite wouldn't sell that many records in today's landscape. It would sell 10 million and be a HUGE success, but that's it. Illegal downloading as well as singles downloads on iTunes has really hurt the album sales market I think.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1074 on: October 17, 2006, 03:52:59 AM »

If anybody's crazy enough to think they could out sell Appetite it would have to be Axl. Axl's spent 10 years doing an album man, I think that he's crazy enough to think he can out sell Appetite.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #1075 on: October 17, 2006, 03:57:11 AM »

If anybody's crazy enough to think they could out sell Appetite it would have to be Axl. Axl's spent 10 years doing an album man, I think that he's crazy enough to think he can out sell Appetite.

Ever think that it's not about album sales? I think it's more about having the album accepted as being a classic. He wants it to be truly great. But you rarely can force such a thing, even if you're as great as he is/was. From the leaks and live tracks we've heard, only a few of them stand up to the lesser known stuff of Appetite like "Rocket Queen," "Mr. Brownstone," "Nightrain," etc. But nothing we've heard so far stands up to the 3 main big hits from Appetite (although I personally think "Rocket Queen" is the best song on the album). "The Blues," "Madagascar," and "Better" are all great tracks, but they barely hold their own with lesser known stuff from Appetite. Hopefully those aren't the really big guns, although I do love "Better" but just don't see it becoming a massive hit due to the middle section of the song (which I love but average pop listeners will hate).
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #1076 on: October 17, 2006, 04:25:19 AM »

who cares if it doesnt debu at nr 1? AFD didnt do well until 1 year after its release...

you're  right
guns n roses greatesthit album have never been number 1,but now after 3 years it beaten all the albums which were number 1 in that period

I have never seen so many tree
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1077 on: October 17, 2006, 04:26:21 AM »

"The Blues," "Madagascar," and "Better" are all great tracks, but they barely hold their own with lesser known stuff from Appetite. Hopefully those aren't the really big guns, although I do love "Better" but just don't see it becoming a massive hit due to the middle section of the song (which I love but average pop listeners will hate).

IT will really will be a matter of perception, when AFD came out, you didnt hear, NIghttrain, Its So easy, Rocketqueen, My Michelle, Out Ta Get Me, on the radio. If you wanna talk about commercial then look to the Illusions, that was commercial , how many videos were there? how many times were tunes played on the radio. Its been my belief for many yrs, even as everyone has been getting excited, yr after yr, as myself, but I aws there in the begining, and saw how GNR, went from an unknow to the top based on the music. and it as done grass roots. To try to shove CD, off to the public with big intentions , would be jsut to capitalize on the name. There are many many fans, "grassroots: who know the new material, as a young concert goer, when I first GNR, at a dive bar on LI in 1987, I could sing all the tunes, not exactly commercial stuff then. BUT wow, look everyone knows all those tunes, I dunno but I keep thinking of it like this, pretend you never heard of GNR< and you just heard, this amazing tune, for me it was SCOM, 1 yr before it was released as a single, by then they were starting to open up for areosmith. If you look at it that way, for millions of people who know nothing about the goin ons, its all new to them, RAther than try to make bussiness descions, which I am sure they didnt think of orgionally starting out, Axl and GNR will do best, at doin what they do best, and that is play music. The rest of the world will catch up!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1078 on: October 17, 2006, 04:36:22 AM »

I think its so sad that Jay fukin zs album will go to number one, i wouldnt even call his shit music. The american music scene is the worst iv ever seen it. Just really upsetting.
mr.lance
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1079 on: October 17, 2006, 04:36:37 AM »

CHINESSE DEMOCRACY IS A MYTHIC CD IT IS THE VERSION OF ROCK"S HOLLY GRAIL.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: