Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2024, 03:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228088 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 151121 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2006, 02:13:03 PM »

I just want to be listening to CD while eating my Thanksgiving feast! Grin

I'd love to believe it, but it's just another merit-less rumor at this point.

Not exactly....
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2006, 02:14:18 PM »

Rolling Stone isn't exactly meritless...
flimflamking
Opening Act

Here Today...Flippin Out Tomorrow.

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2006, 02:15:18 PM »

GNR will sell much more than JAY-Z
ITS THE GNR COMEBACK ...
And , its 2 complete diferent kinds of public

I love GNR as much as anyone on the board, but in the year 2006 Jay-Z is a much bigger player in the musical world than GNR. His mug will be plastered all over MTV and other music outlets. Outside of maybe Eminem or Diddy he is the biggest name in pop music culture.

It is just retarded to go up against him when you can have all the spotlight to yourself a week earlier.

i disagree for SEVERAL reasons:

1. they don't compete with each other.

2. the buzz Jay-Z will create will actually HELP gnr - more people will be reading album reviews that day, and thus more will see that gnr has an album out.

3. financial success of an album has very little to do with release date. in fact, many huge albums in recent years were released in february and had consistent success throughout the year with an increase 10 months later during the holidays.

anyway, who cares!!! i love thanksgiving week. and this adds to that!!
Like I said....Appetite For Destruction was Released Twice.
EFISH
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2006, 02:15:30 PM »

If Axl puts out a single that appeals to the old fan base soon, I think he has a chance at beating Jigga. He'll beat Jay Z in Canada, for sure. 

If they come out the same day, due to my lack of $$ ill prob get the JayZ album then, and then if i can scrape up some cash, get this gnr cd within a few weeks of that day or so  rofl rofl

naw, but seriously.. i had a dream with Better being the new single, being all over the radio.. the only thing changed was some little guitar parts, but the same vocal take of Axls was used (cant get better than the demo vocals)..
that shit would take OVER the world!
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2006, 02:15:38 PM »

Well he means that no-one from management have confirmed and Rolling Stone haven't stated their source, so it is actually merit-less rumour at this point.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2006, 02:15:58 PM »

Quick...everyone go to the JayZ boards and tell him to move his release date rofl
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2006, 02:16:20 PM »

RS is not a gossip rag. ?I don't think they have pointed to an actual release date until now.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2006, 02:18:01 PM »

I actually think this is true.

Me too.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2006, 02:19:04 PM »

My guess is that management deliberately got the release date to RS via a third party to work the hype machine. ?Finally. ?And if the rumor is meritless, Mysteron should say something soon.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
benchiefjr
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2006, 02:19:21 PM »

considering this is the date i'm sure we ALL suspected, i believe it.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2006, 02:20:04 PM »

RS haven't said it is definitely coming out, hence all the question marks. I know it is implied that it is actually coming out that date but you can never be to sure. As Guns fans, you should know not to believe all the rumours.

That said, I believe its true ?hihi
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2006, 02:20:41 PM »

i hope this is true. can't wait for that day to come.
we are sooooooo close
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2006, 02:20:47 PM »

CD could outsell Jay Z all depends on the single that is played on the airwaves.

They have an unreal rocking single that blows everyones mind then they should be good.
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2006, 02:21:18 PM »

Hell, if I where Axl, I' d even release it if I didn' t plan to release it on nov 21st... No turning back now! Give me the disc, give me the damn disc... ?Grin

You know what the best thing is about this date? Its two days before my birthday... I' m not wondering what to ask now... One for at home, one for in my car, one for at work, one for at the town's pub etc. etc. ?beer Don' t let me down uncle Axl!
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2006, 02:21:34 PM »

Who is Jay-Z?

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2006, 02:22:37 PM »

LOL.

People have BITCHED and moaned for years in wanting GNR to release CD.

We now have a substaniated rumor of a release date and people STILL bitch and moan about it NOT being a good day due to another album coming out?

WHO THE FUCK GIVES A FLYING RATS ASS?Huh

CD is coming out.  Maybe this rumor is just that...a rumor and NOT the actual Tuesday but it's still going to come out and it will always be up against another record coming out as well.

Little bitches..............bitch.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »

peace Round Fucking 2 Motha Fuckers ?peace

F Jay Z, ?who cares better yet get in the Mother Fucking Ring ?ok

I'm happy as can be I could care less whjat else happens that day.

To Me It is Chinese Democracy Day  ok

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2006, 02:24:51 PM »

There's a rumored release date and already some or saying it's a bad day to release it?

Why am I not surprised?  Roll Eyes

This  sthe most interesting rumor in years, and still some need to point out how it's not the right date.....

/jarmo

Well to be fair they're discussing the financial aspect of the record, all it means is that they care enough about GN'R to hope they do well on the charts. I personally think it's kind of pointless because I'm sure the album will have lasting power, but putting it up against Jay-Z was guaranteed to spark discussion like this.
Spot on dude.

You know, sometimes fans on this board get the whole "quit your bitching and whining" routine thrown at them unfairly. Some sensitive fans just put discussions like these on the same rotten level as discussions about Axl's "bad looks" or how the "old GN'R is better"  This is something, which I think, is not done justly. Some of us actually give more than a damn about this record outside of our own personal spectrum.

This record has cost Geffen 13 million dollars. Since 1997 Axl and the band have worked vigorously to make this record the best it can be. Axl has put his credibility and career at stake in making this record. This is not just your casual album. I want this record to succeed in every way possible. I want this record to silence the doubters and awaken those who have left GN'R in their past.

If this album is going to be released then it's gotta be done right. This cannot be done in a half-ass manner. I care enough about this band's effort to suggest the best ways to make the tour's and album's presence as stunning and electrifying as it can be. If you all other fans are satisfied with mediocre promotional efforts and want to take whatever comes to you then fine, but I in the other hand want this band's hard work to be payed off with an enigmatic, illustrious response that will raise the spirit of Guns N' Roses to the highest plateau.

This is why some people keep things here on a 'real world' point of view. I am just sick of those who bash and disdain Axl Rose or Guns N' Roses. If things are done right, then these people will be shown what the real essence of Chinese Democracy really is, and then finally, maybe they'll shut the fuck up for once. Smiley

Now, I personally am gratified to hear these 'news'. I would be more than happy for the album to be released on this date, but I can also understand the concerns of others. This concern cannot just be paralleled with bitching and moaning. You gotta look at the big picture here. You gotta be able to separate the two.

This band deserves to be demonstrated to the world at its utter most full potential. peace
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 02:37:04 PM by IndiannaRose » Logged
Megaguns
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2006, 02:26:58 PM »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! I woke up early, (its 5am) Thought id check my emails, Now im wiping coffee off my screen......

Incredible, Its been such a long road, This could be it!!!    beer    drool
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2006, 02:29:02 PM »

Hate to even suggest this but......if this has leaked, will it change the date if it was planned for release?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: