Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 11:59:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??  (Read 39014 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2006, 02:00:36 PM »

well, musically music has regressed... we went from guys like slash,eddie van halen, jerry cantrell in the late 80s,early 90s to kurt cobain....

theres really NO guitar heroes out there anymore... theres no guys I look at and go I want to play guitar because of that guy..

The sounds were new! ?That's why it became popular! ?People were bored of hearing the "guitar god" shit from people like Van Halen... they wanted something new. ?And Nirvana was it!

And Jerry Cantrell was a member of Alice In Chains... their first record was released in 1990 - breakthrough record in 1992. ?He wasn't putting out music in the late 80s.

And Nirvana couldnt play... why didnt that torch go over to a band like Alice in Chains or Pantera?? who COULD play their instruments well...they were moving music forward... Nirvana was moving it backwards because now all you have to do to be as good as kurt is learn about 4 chords...it made it OK To suck at your instrument..

alice in chains improved on the sound of those bands before them...brought something new to the table..(I know they came out in 90, but still before nirvana)

Actually, no... Nirvana's first album was released in 1989.
And bands today can play their instruments... get it into your head that you don't have to be playing complicated guitar solos to be able to play guitar.

THEN THATS REGRESSING MUSICALLY!! dont you see...  sure they can play their instruments... well?? NO!

if you cant play your instruments that well you cant go into other territorys, your stuck at your level playing with what Little information you know...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2006, 02:01:33 PM »

Muse have an image too... it's not the "badass" one, though. ?It's the one that people are interested in nowadays. ?They'd be laughed at and ridiculed like every other band who has that attitude if they did.

guns n roses ,motley crue , aerosmith , ac.dc , metallica , stones , maiden , zeppelin , buckcherry , alice in chains , sabbath , ozzy in general , zakk wylde, randy rhodes , deep purple are all laughed at?

Ok NAME some bands that can play guitar really? Im dying to hear them?

Muse, Stereophonics, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Korn (yes, they can play), Tool, A Perfect Circle, Audioslave.

And yes... all of those bands are mocked now. ?And Alice In Chains were never badass... they're considered a depressing, introverted band... you not read those lyrics?

all those bands are mocked? Yea right i doubt thats why GNR releases a greatest hits album and it soars to #1 on the charts? Korn can not play at all , their gutiarist are de tune to the lowest possible and whack off, a7x are pretty good i wont lie but they are too robotic in their style , trivium i can;t stand , APC is made from members of older bands as is audioslave. Slipknot? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA wow have you ever attmepted to play a guitar in your life? they're horrid. 
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2006, 02:01:53 PM »

Dude... rhythm guitar is much more difficult than lead guitar is. ?So yes, they can play their instruments well.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2006, 02:02:28 PM »

Muse have an image too... it's not the "badass" one, though. ?It's the one that people are interested in nowadays. ?They'd be laughed at and ridiculed like every other band who has that attitude if they did.

guns n roses ,motley crue , aerosmith , ac.dc , metallica , stones , maiden , zeppelin , buckcherry , alice in chains , sabbath , ozzy in general , zakk wylde, randy rhodes , deep purple are all laughed at?

Muse, Stereophonics, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Korn (yes, they can play), Tool, A Perfect Circle, Audioslave.

And yes... all of those bands are mocked now. ?And Alice In Chains were never badass... they're considered a depressing, introverted band... you not read those lyrics?

those bands are mocked??? last I heard their considred Rock Legends... theirs no convincing you...

Yes, I love all those bands, and those bands you listed (trivium, avenged sevenfold, audioslave, muse) can play good, but they havent changed the rock scene yet have they?? No... ?is it getting better?? yes, but its not nearly near their yet..
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2006, 02:02:46 PM »

all those bands are mocked? Yea right i doubt thats why GNR releases a greatest hits album and it soars to #1 on the charts? Korn can not play at all , their gutiarist are de tune to the lowest possible and whack off, a7x are pretty good i wont lie but they are too robotic in their style , trivium i can;t stand , APC is made from members of older bands as is audioslave. Slipknot? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA wow have you ever attmepted to play a guitar in your life? they're horrid.?

Have you ever heard what these guys can actually do when they let rip? Roll Eyes
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2006, 02:02:59 PM »

axl cant save rock n roll because hes not going to produce rock n roll music.

isnt it obvious from the demos this music certainly isnt rock n roll.

html sucks
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2006, 02:03:47 PM »

Dude... rhythm guitar is much more difficult than lead guitar is. ?So yes, they can play their instruments well.

yes it is i agree , but they can't PLAY regardless. Cept maybe morello and the dudes from APC..

Yea if you are mocking any one of those bands you might as well not consider yourself a rock fan lol.

^ what guys let rip? Korn's guitarist sound like giant farts
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2006, 02:03:51 PM »

Megadeth + Metallica

Nothing about Rock Music here.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
guns_n_motley
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2006, 02:04:04 PM »

theirs more to rythm guitar than powerchords... I NEVER mentioned lead guitar... theirs TONS of Chords you can you to make a riff, all giving a different sound... you are very limited player if you can only play powerchords...

and playing lead?? easy?? not really, making a GOOD solo is hard...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2006, 02:04:34 PM »

yes it is i agree , but they can't PLAY regardless. Cept maybe morello and the dudes from APC..

Yea if you are mocking any one of those bands you might as well not consider yourself a rock fan lol.

^ what guys let rip? Korn's guitarist sound like giant farts

That's a no, then. Roll Eyes  Go get a clue before commenting, idiot.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2006, 02:05:46 PM »

if u told anthony kieidis and flea the chili peppers are a rock n roll band they would jump off a building....thats the LAST thing the chili peppers are about is rock n roll..they are based in punk rock and funk music.......and rockn roll was dead around 1990 courtesy of faith no more, the chili peppers and nirvana

i think john frusciante might disagree with you on that one.

Agreed ?beer

John Frusciante work on the last HHCP album is great and very Rock N Roll....great solos...has a Jimy Hendrix vibe.

well, musically music has regressed... we went from guys like slash,eddie van halen, jerry cantrell in the late 80s,early 90s to kurt cobain....

theres really NO guitar heroes out there anymore... theres no guys I look at and go I want to play guitar because of that guy..

Well said it is so true... crying

Back on topic.. AXL is the last true Rock N Roll star out there,the music will speak for it self... smoking

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2006, 02:07:07 PM »

theirs more to rythm guitar than powerchords... I NEVER mentioned lead guitar... theirs TONS of Chords you can you to make a riff, all giving a different sound... you are very limited player if you can only play powerchords...

YUP perfect example is izzy , rhythm is intersting and hard. Yes i've heard those bands who said no? why dont you get a clue before you comment idiot if you are sitting here telling me people are mocking rock legends who is the idiot? When most of those bands have been on top of the world. Exactly listen to the Dani California solo that's just cool , that can make people pick a guitar up. The thing is if kids keep listening to crappy music then they will make it ahhhh a giant circle.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2006, 02:10:39 PM »

Have any of you really looked at the outside world, or are you all in a dreamworld where everyone loves the 80s, and they're just waiting for a band to come out just like the stuff back then... because you know, that's why the stuff became so unpopular in the first place. Roll Eyes ?The world has moved on... and so should you. ?The bands who are so pathetically lost in the past are never going to get anywhere. ?Chinese Democracy will be an album that has progressed far beyond the dated sound of 15-20 years ago. ?It's going to sound a lot like all of the modern bands you despise so much. ?So if you can't open your mind's up to that, you're all fucked when the record actually comes out.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2006, 02:11:53 PM »

If you listen to many modern guitarists, they're playing more than just power chords.  Idiots stuck in the 80s are just convinced that's all they play, because you think it'll make your point that they can't play.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2006, 02:12:03 PM »

Yeah those old bands are mocked....but all the new bands you just named are mocked too. Avenged Sevenfold have tried to get a "badass" image. It just was too paper-thin to work.

I hate fanboys.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2006, 02:15:13 PM »

Have any of you really looked at the outside world, or are you all in a dreamworld where everyone loves the 80s, and they're just waiting for a band to come out just like the stuff back then... because you know, that's why the stuff became so unpopular in the first place. Roll Eyes ?The world has moved on... and so should you. ?The bands who are so pathetically lost in the past are never going to get anywhere. ?Chinese Democracy will be an album that has progressed far beyond the dated sound of 15-20 years ago. ?It's going to sound a lot like all of the modern bands you despise so much. ?So if you can't open your mind's up to that, you're all fucked when the record actually comes out.

Um you totally missed my point... 80s stuff isnt even my most fave genre.. my whole point is that musically RNR has degressed... now theres no effort. you can just pic up a guitar, learn a powerchord and wow your a guitarist now... theres MORE to rock than that... Nothing has progressed, because musicians arent getting better to progress...

why did slash progress more than joe perry??? because he had more theory, more musical information to make him a better player....

listen to how simple most rythm guitar is on the radio today.. .listen to what izzy used to do.. thats complex...

music has been simplified... thats my whole point... Led zeppelin, the doors, the stones it was all about playing... MOST mainstream bands today cant play for shit..

I dont care what genre you play, but you should be able to pplay... Jimi Hendrix probably would be turning in his grave rigt now if he saw how far music has regressed..
guns_n_motley
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2006, 02:16:41 PM »

If you listen to many modern guitarists, they're playing more than just power chords.? Idiots stuck in the 80s are just convinced that's all they play, because you think it'll make your point that they can't play.

Do you play guitar?? I really want to Know.. because I play guitar and I can tell when someone is playing just a powerchord or chords...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2006, 02:16:53 PM »

The music is progressing... if it sounds different, that's progression. ?Doesn't matter how difficult it is to play. ?Regression is when something comes out that went out of fashion years ago.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2006, 02:17:02 PM »

Have any of you really looked at the outside world, or are you all in a dreamworld where everyone loves the 80s, and they're just waiting for a band to come out just like the stuff back then... because you know, that's why the stuff became so unpopular in the first place. Roll Eyes  The world has moved on... and so should you.  The bands who are so pathetically lost in the past are never going to get anywhere.  Chinese Democracy will be an album that has progressed far beyond the dated sound of 15-20 years ago.  It's going to sound a lot like all of the modern bands you despise so much.  So if you can't open your mind's up to that, you're all fucked when the record actually comes out.
PssT, hey dude! thanx to this lame ass rant I?m going home!
You have ruined the arrival of the Messiah Grin

( joking Wink)

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2006, 02:17:49 PM »

If you listen to many modern guitarists, they're playing more than just power chords.? Idiots stuck in the 80s are just convinced that's all they play, because you think it'll make your point that they can't play.

Do you play guitar?? I really want to Know.. because I play guitar and I can tell when someone is playing just a powerchord or chords...

Yes, I play guitar... and I can tell you there's much more involved than that.  Actually, there's more power chords in the new GN'R demos than there are in the average APC song.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: