Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:22:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 334224 times)
guns of war
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: April 14, 2006, 08:23:13 PM »

Although im too young to go to any GNR concerts, i will always remember watching the freddie tribute concert, at the beging of Knocking on heavens door, when Axl put the mic stand above his head and started swaying, it look so amazing.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2006, 11:53:26 AM »

im only a baby (18) but my highlights are...

- finding my mums appetite for destruction tape, and playing it, straight away i was drawn in by paradise city!!

- buying the ritz88' dvd, seeing rocket queen sent shivers through my spine

- 1st time i saw slash live (on a dvd) was speechless

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
nygiants82
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #342 on: April 17, 2006, 04:26:09 PM »

When I was around 6 years old, I woke up in the middle of the night, walked in the living room, where my dad was. He was watching Live at the Ritz when it premired on MTV. I asked him who was that. He said go back to bed, you can watch it in the morning. (He was taping it). I watched it that next day, and my life has NEVER been the same since.

Waiting and waiting for the premire of the video of You Could Be Mine. It was well worth the wait.

I got Appetite, Lies, and the Illusions by getting a copy made from my uncles cds. The day that the Spaghetti Incident came out, I had my dad take me to the local record store. I finally got my own copy of a GNR cd, not a copy of my uncles.

2002 VMAs. I get goose bumps still because the world missed Axl, just like they will this summer.

"All we need, is just a little patience"
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #343 on: April 17, 2006, 05:56:18 PM »

well when izzy left that was pretty good.....um.........well even steven...then when? ...um.....slash left that was probably it.....

i didn?t get it, is that you in the pic..... very beautiful girl  Wink

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #344 on: April 17, 2006, 07:55:10 PM »

When I was 12 I went jogging with my dad and we saw a CD layin on the ground so i picked it up and it was GNR Lies...I asked my dad who GNR was and he looked at the CD and said "oh you gotta know one song on there"(he was talking about patience...So i went home put it in and was absolutely blown away.  I had heard GNR songs before but was to young to really realize just what i was hearing.  I had all the released CDs by that weeks end. 

Oh...and going to see them in 02' in Cleveland.  It was absolutely amazing...That was one night i will never forget

"Its not how hard you push along the way...its having something left to finish"

-Michael Jordan
Solidius
Opening Act

Old > New

« Reply #345 on: April 18, 2006, 06:25:22 AM »

Closest thing for me would be seing Velvet Revover play It's So Easy live in Vancouver.

*Dodges tomatoes*

"The GNR stuff is old boring stuff I don't care to comment on. I play in a band called Velvet Revolver now." -Matt Sorum
Takemedown
Headliner

Livin' Life Full Throttle

« Reply #346 on: April 18, 2006, 06:09:39 PM »

Missed the Ritz show in NY but then went to Giants Stadium for GNR, Deep Purple and Aerosmith! Had suck job seats. My bud and I decided we were getting on the floor, this dude jumped and two cops grabbed him, he put up a struggle and we went over! ended up about 20 feet in front of the stage, center. Ended up being part of the Paradise City video footage. Awesome!  Cool

Then in '91, couldn't get tix for the MSG shows, so me and this other dude went to scalp, ended up getting in 2 of the 3 shows! We just ran around the main level walkway, hung in spots for 2-3 songs, and moved on again. Everyone was way cool and man did they rock!!!! You can feel the place shake like crazy, like on a pogo stick, when you get the right band at the top of their game in there!!!!  smoking

Flippin' sweeet!

-B
ROSE22
« Reply #347 on: April 18, 2006, 06:15:59 PM »

Although im too young to go to any GNR concerts, i will always remember watching the freddie tribute concert, at the beging of Knocking on heavens door, when Axl put the mic stand above his head and started swaying, it look so amazing.
too young to go to a concert ? but the freddie concert was 14 years ago. but i also love that moment. for me the better moment was when axl came runnin' out with the meanmachine shirt and black kilt and nailed the shit out of bohemian rhapsody !
gunnnerrr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #348 on: April 18, 2006, 06:30:37 PM »

They are good, aren't they?
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #349 on: April 18, 2006, 10:06:38 PM »

so damn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin ok smoking yes

You can run like a river

Sagolik
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #350 on: April 19, 2006, 09:45:33 AM »

first time i heard Sweet Child O' Mine  ok

"Well some say I'm lazy, And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy, I guess I'll always be"
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #351 on: April 20, 2006, 04:46:55 PM »

1) Listening to AFD for the first time.  Axl's voice was (and still is) unbelievable.  Then, hearing his interview with Del James on the Patience CD and wondering how someone who could sing such high notes could have such a deep, sexy speaking voice.   Wink
2) Hearing Estranged for the first time at a show in Germany in Aug 91 and getting goosebumps.
3) The what seemed like endless wait for UYI to be released and then being on holiday in California when it did come out.  Frantically trying to find a record shop, buying a tape and playing it to death on my walkman whilst travelling around the west coast.

Live dates that stick in my mind:
Wembley Stadium 91 and 92 - just 'cos it's Wembley and my 'home' venue.  Cheesy
Freddie Mercury Tribute Show - Had a job interview when tickets went on sale and had to sell my camera to get the money to buy a ticket from a tout.  Cost me ?90 - which seemed a lot back then!  It was worth it though as the atmosphere at the show was wonderful and pretty emotional too.
Gateshead in June 1992 - Axl wore those shorter than short red lycra shorts - 'nuff said   ok
Leeds Festival 02 - Seeing the great reaction and hearing the positive comments from people who weren't spefically fans of the band.

Hopefully, in a month's time I'll be able to add NY to the list above too.   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #352 on: April 22, 2006, 03:16:39 AM »

Yesterday damn sure was one of my GN'R highlights.  Getting my ticket for Friday May 12th at Hammerstein, and then driving home with Appettite cranked on my car stereo.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
becky
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #353 on: April 22, 2006, 09:15:30 AM »

i'm 20 and i only started listening to GNR last year...before i knew who they were but thought they sucked.  crying
 i was at this sort of open aired pub and the owner put don't cry on... i remember asking my friend (who's 6 years older than me) who played that song he told me it was GNR...2 weeks after this i got hold of all their cds..but still haven't had the chance to see them live..and probably won't  be able to see them even this year although they're playing in italy..  Embarrassed
second highlight would be this xmas when my aunt bought 3 GNR dvds for me  Grin ...first time i saw them on stage..and still think they're amazing!!

becky
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #354 on: April 22, 2006, 09:19:26 AM »

i'm 20 and i only started listening to GNR last year...before i knew who they were but thought they sucked.? crying
 i was at this sort of open aired pub and the owner put don't cry on... i remember asking my friend (who's 6 years older than me) who played that song he told me it was GNR...2 weeks after this i got hold of all their cds..but still haven't had the chance to see them live..and probably won't? be able to see them even this year although they're playing in italy..? Embarrassed
second highlight would be this xmas when my aunt bought 3 GNR dvds for me? Grin ...first time i saw them on stage..and still think they're amazing!!

becky

welcome to the guns n roses fan community, believe me, it?s a band that you will get to love pretty fast. They?re great!!
Now you?re getting to know the new guns n roses, which many of us don?t think of them as such, but still might be somethign nice to see, wether it?s live or with a new cd, cause axl it?s still in and kicking it.  beer

You can run like a river

becky
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #355 on: April 22, 2006, 12:40:51 PM »

thx mariogunner..very nice of u..
unfortunately i already learned that new gnr aren't half as good as the old ones but thry might surprise us all with the new cd..i really hope so..

becky
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #356 on: April 22, 2006, 12:44:52 PM »

thx mariogunner..very nice of u..
unfortunately i already learned that new gnr aren't half as good as the old ones but thry might surprise us all with the new cd..i really hope so..

becky

One of my best highlights was hearing "The Blues" for the first time and realizing that I think the new band might just be everybit as good as the old one, maybe even better.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
becky
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #357 on: April 22, 2006, 01:05:01 PM »

do u really think so?
i would love to go to the concert here in italy in june to check them out...but even if i've only listened to gnr for 1 year or so i truly miss duff slash izzy and steven..  Cry
but maybe you're right..they might be good...and maybe people saying they're not are just missing the good ol' times..

becky
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #358 on: April 22, 2006, 02:41:16 PM »

do u really think so?
i would love to go to the concert here in italy in june to check them out...but even if i've only listened to gnr for 1 year or so i truly miss duff slash izzy and steven..  Cry
but maybe you're right..they might be good...and maybe people saying they're not are just missing the good ol' times..

becky

Yeah, it's very understandable and I felt the same way for a long time. Tracks like "Madagascar" and "The Blues" really started to change my mind but the leaks really cemented it. In my opinion, the demo version of "Better" is superior to anything the former members of GnR having done.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #359 on: April 22, 2006, 03:56:47 PM »

I got into them early.  Seriously.  3rd grade.  My mom brought me to Record Town (remember that place?) and said I could get one tape.  Yes, you read that right - a cassette tape.  I had AFD in one hand, Lies in the other, and looked up and said "Mom, I don't know which one to get."  She let me get them both.  Been a fan ever since.  I'm now 26.  When the UYI's came out, my dad (who was also really into them) got copies of the tapes from a friend and let me dub my own copies (I was around 10).  I guess my parents are kinda cool.  Kinda...

And, of course, my only GnR concert experience so far (before the upcoming 12th & 17th shows), MSG 2002 in a luxury suite for free, thanks to a great friend of mine.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: