Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:42:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your Biggest GN'R Bummer?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Biggest GN'R Bummer?  (Read 18343 times)
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2006, 04:43:42 AM »

My story is kind of Bittersweet. I am a huge football (soccer) fan and when England where in the world cup this summer I was desperate to go. I was lucky enough to win a competition to go to one of Englands matches. The prize was a trip on a private jet to the match, 5 star hotel champagne all the way. The problem it clashed with Download....... Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh. I chose download and had a great time. I ended watching the match on the screen at Donnington. Either way it was a difficult choice. I had bought tickets with two sets of friends and I was driving. They would have had to find seperate ways there and it would have ruined it for them. The gig was great, worth it for bbf solo alone. I also got asked by a spanish lady if I was in GNR. I had a stetson, old school gnr shirt on and what looked like backstage passes round my neck. I was so tempted to say "Yes I am" but instaed just made her repeat it so everyone heard. I should have ran off saying "no photos,no photos". Either way my friends and I had a great weekend, bar - b q's great bands a ton of beer. It was only slightly spoiled by my friend calling me from the plane (it was a work competition) when they opened the Bollinger chanpagne. I still made the right choice.   

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2006, 06:57:38 PM »

I guess a person should never meet someone they admire.

Very true.  Expectations are rarely met. 
Chief
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2006, 07:12:10 PM »

strange because ive heard many accounts where he was totally cool with the fans...

Following their May show in NYC, my sister and I found out where Axl and the band would be partying.  We left for the SoHo House, and were invited up to the party by Axl Rose himself.

The downer was that he came across as totally Hollywood.  Not down to earth or friendly at all.  He walked around half hunch back like, starred at people, and danced with himself.  He also refused to be photographed.

Although it was a cool experience (1st GnR VIP party we attended) it was a sad party and a true disappointment.

I will most likely be attending his Toronto Air Canada show concert, but I can't really say I care either way.  In fact, I don't want to go, but my friend will be buying my ticket.

I guess a person should never meet someone they admire.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2006, 10:22:25 PM »

Meeting the hottest most amazing chick at 5/15 and losing her to get thrown out cuz she wanted me to help her get a better spot, ohh and losing my shirt that night too.
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2006, 04:39:41 AM »

Hammersmith 2006

nothing but awsome gig....

But as GNR didnt show up till late.. me and my little sis were forced 2 queue up 4 a fucking taxi... with loads of other GNR gig goers.. wating in the poxy cold didt get 1 till about 2:30am  ... why dont trains run l8r?Huh? its the 21st century we more or less live in a world that is alive 24hrs a day.. anyway

?100 it fuckin cost me 2 get home, I knew that GNR would be late I was willing to get a hotel before hand, however my sis had a GCSE exam in the morning soo I had 2 get home..

good point is my old lady gave me the ?100 back..... so really I just like 2 rant for the sake of it..

Grin

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2006, 04:48:14 AM »

I wasn't asked to follow my class mates to go with them and see Guns N' Roses in Stockholm 1993.  crying

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
T_Roxie
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2006, 07:36:19 AM »

I had tickets to Hammersmith but my mate messed up his finances and we couldn't go.   Sad
14 years
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2006, 11:44:46 AM »

My biggest dissapointment was not seeing Gn'r play when they came to australia in 93. They didnt play in my city and i was too young to travel - i will never forget seeing the ads in the newspaper and seeing that my city wasnt included in the dates. that hurt man! id followed gnr fanatically for so long before that and always prayed for that day when i would finally see them live.

Another sad day for me was when steven adler left the band. I just knew that Gnr were never going to be the same again without one of their brothers gone. GNr was such a tight knit group and i think this decision was one that really began to divide the band. They never fully recovered from this i think. when izzy left they were all over in my eyes.
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2006, 04:44:41 PM »

being a gnr fan ... since I'd say January 94 has been all about bummers. my personal bummer was a bummer because it was at a point when finally the sun was shining through the clouds: my then girlfriend and i got tickets to the show minneapolis in 02.

i don't drive for reasons i won't go into so my wife had to drive... it was a couple hour drive from wiscosin where we went to school. she'd never driven in a city before and she was so shook up about the whole situation that she locked the keys in the car in the parking garage. i can't remember how we got them out-- it was tricky, but inexpensive-- but she was REALLY upset about it which rubbed off on me. so we went to the show with that cloud hanging over us and then we watched the show surrounded by the slash fan club or whatever-- booing and heckling and spilling beer all over us etc. oh, our seats were awful. the 75 doller nosebleeds. the whole thing was awful. except for madagascar. that was transcendent.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2006, 10:24:12 PM »

1) Showing up at the Philly '02 gig at 5pm, hanging out in the parking lot grilling food, drinking, having a great time. going in at 10:30. We're sitting there for a few minutes of mix master mike when i decide to get a beer. I walk over to the stand and they tell me they arent selling and more. I look around and all the little shops are pulling the gates down early. I was thinking 'hmm, thats weird...'.

So I head back into the arena and sit down in my seat as MMM finishes up his set. We continue to wait another 30 minutes as people chant 'ASSHOLE' (now i was drunk at this point and was hearing them wrong, so i was probably the only guy chanting 'AXL' until my brother leans over and goes 'I dont think thats what they are saying'). The crowd starts to get restless and I decided to head down to one of the mixing boards and ask one of the stage hands what the deal is. Just as I get up to him a basket ball flies literally milimeters past my face, coming from the higher levels. I get to the dude on the other side of the railing and ask him whats up, he tells me axl never showed up. A few seconds later they announce it over the PA. At this point I saw more stuff flying from the higher levels, so I grabbed the people i was with and we got out of there.

As soon as we stepped out side, police and fire crews were everywhere. As far as i can understand it, the arena knew well in advance that the band would not go on, but kept us in the dark while they waited for emergency crews to show up in case anything happened. bastards.

2) I had tickets to the philly show the next night, and front row tickets to washington the following monday. i still have those tickets, hoping one day the band will reschedule.? rofl? ?actually, im pretty sure i broke the news that they were cancelling the tour, or atleast the washington show, but youd have to find the old news posting to know for sure. (edit:http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=593 , neat, now i feel special)

3) hammerstein, may 17th. actually pre hammerstein, but it was definitely may 17th. me and three freinds were coming up from south jersey. my freind dan had the tickets, four of them in his coat pocket. were standing in the train station and i see him in his coat. having been there on the 12th, i tell him to ditch the coat cause it will be hot as hell in there. so he goes out to the car, which is a good football field away, tosses the coat in and comes back.

we continue waiting, and finally they make the announcement that the train is arriving in about 30 seconds. i turn to my friend chris and say 'you got the tickets?' and hes like 'yeah, there in dans coat.... oh shit!' i ask dan where the tickets are and hes like 'fuck' then bolts for the car. at this point the train is pulling into the station and by the time it comes to a stop dan is trying to make his way back. they sound to bell that they are closing the doors and dan isnt back yet, so i stand in the doorway to halt them. just before one of the train workers can come up to stop me, dan rushes through the door and we hop into the first seats we see. the door quickly shuts and we are on our way.

4) hammerstein, may 17th: evening.? since we took the train in, we had to take the train out. anyone whos ridden into NY knows that last train is gone at 1:20am. its about 1:05 five and they start the opening of nighttrain, were all getting nervous that the show wont end anytime soon, but in the back of my mind im thinking maybe, just maybe we will be ok. they get through the first 30 seconds of the song when axl makes them stop and they start over, then he introduces kid rock. im like damn this is pretty cool, then i look at the time and im like damn we have to get out of here. i round up my crew and we make our way to the door, eyes on the stage the whole time. eventually we get out the door and to the train station, but the train is on track 11, and if anyones been there before, tracks 1 through 10 are clearly visible, but tracks 11 through 14 are down some oddball hallway that i guess your not supposed to know about unless you know the secret handshake.

so we finally spot the steps for track 11 and get down to the platform just into time to watch the train start to take off. it was close, so close that i could put my hand out and touch it. we start chasing it, but it speeds away and out of site.
so there we are, four of us, stuck in grand central station until 5:30 in the morning. i slept on the floor of the train station. worst sleep ever. by the time i got to jersey and drove home it was almost 8 am and i had to be at work in 30minutes. i curled up into bed, got two hours sleep, and showed up at 11.

my plan for MSG is to just stay in the city. no way im reliving this nightmare.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:42:08 PM by kunzerd » Logged

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Chandler
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2006, 10:36:14 PM »

My biggest Bummer is right now.....I made a ton of plans to go to j'ville on the 20th and I'm trying to make arrangements to go on the 31th...It sucks, but hopefully I can make it work out....

It don't really matter...
Kaleigh
Headliner

Fucking Off In G

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2006, 01:16:51 AM »

we continue waiting, and finally they make the announcement that the train is arriving in about 30 seconds. i turn to my friend chris and say 'you got the tickets?' and hes like 'yeah, there in dans coat.... oh shit!' i ask dan where the tickets are and hes like 'fuck' then bolts for the car. at this point the train is pulling into the station and by the time it comes to a stop dan is trying to make his way back. they sound to bell that they are closing the doors and dan isnt back yet, so i stand in the doorway to halt them. just before one of the train workers can come up to stop me, dan rushes through the door and we hop into the first seats we see. the door quickly shuts and we are on our way.

That's classic!  I can just picture your group jumping into the train just as it's about to leave.

San Francisco, CA 9/21/06
Universal City, CA 12/17/06
Mountain View, CA 10/20/12
Las Vegas, NV 11/24/12
San Francisco, CA 8/9/2016
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2006, 03:14:01 PM »

My biggest Bummer is right now.....I made a ton of plans to go to j'ville on the 20th and I'm trying to make arrangements to go on the 31th...It sucks, but hopefully I can make it work out....

I can understand being bummed man. I know there are probably really good reasons why these dates had to be moved, but it's still gotta suck for the fans.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2006, 05:44:09 PM »

Meeting the hottest most amazing chick at 5/15 and losing her to get thrown out cuz she wanted me to help her get a better spot, ohh and losing my shirt that night too.

wow that sucks man.... Oh those hammerstein shows were wild, so many drunk fun metal chicks, and that girl in the balcony with white minin and no panties... Smiley
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2006, 07:51:13 PM »

i dont have a gnr story but ive got another one.
There was a poison and cinderella concert at the DCU center and i had more than enough money to go, wasnt doing anything that day and my dad said he would drive me down there so i was like awsome! and like 2 days later he CHANGES HIS MIND!!!! i was like SON OF A BITCH, so i couldent go! then afew days ago my friend told me he went there and it was great.  SO FREAKIN PISSED!

Now me and my friend are planning to go to the gnr DCU center show, but i keep feeling like something is going to prevent me from going and that i wont be able to go to a concert until im old enough to get my drivers lecsense. im scared! i feel like i cant go already cuz i was let down last time Cry

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
moondance_1
Headliner

« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2006, 09:51:35 PM »

my GN'R bummer was nothing to do with GN'R and all to do with my friend. The May 15th Hammerstein show,on the floor having a good time waiting for the guys,all is well met a nice guy who shared a smoke,so i'm just way mellow.my friend is ok.Then we hear Jungle opening,everyone goes Nuts jumping and freaking out (myself included!) pyro goes off,Lovely,i'm rockin out Loving it! not 2 songs later she is trippin' and not in a good way.panic attack,getting too hot.so she pulls me over to her,screaming get me to the side and i'm like Dude,it's fucking GN'R go over there yourself. now i try to be a nice person,and i see she freaking out so i get her to the side,she goes back to where the people who are too hot are and i go back to the show.she calls me like 30 mins later,i go meet her in the lobby,missing More music,and we proceed to where are tickets are for,2nd mezz. yah,after being on the floor this just aggravates me. May 17th,Mustang Harry's....we get there in half decent time,She doesen't want to go upstairs,i'm like Fine,stay down here and drink,i'm gonna go meet people.Met some of the coolest people there,have a good time and all,get ready to take off for the concert,go fine friend,and she says i'm gonna stay here with these Old Foreign guys i've met that are buying me drinks and having fun.I politely tell her when she & said men start with oh stay for awhile,that i didn't come up to NYC to have a drink with some asses i've never met,so piss off. i'm going to the show.we agree to meet up later as we do have cell phones and off i go with the people from the board.I had a great time,ignored my cell til 400 am and met up with said friend for the train ride to Jersey. Moral of the story,Don't buy friends who aren't totally fanatic tickets for 2 shows and expect them not to bring you down and piss you off.the show in Nashville i will go solo and meet up with fans at a pre party hopefully,always had good luck with GN'R fans.? smoking so whenever in January it is re schedualed i'll just be happy she is in NJ and not anywhere near me.!?

ps.
i get the title Bitch cause i'm a bit (haha) stressed that we miss the train to the May 17th show and have to ride all the frigging hell over Jersey to get the next one thats Not an hour later and would cause us to get to the city at 9pm. just cause she couldn't get her ass out of bed before 4pm. Roll Eyes

Frankly,My Dear...........
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2006, 10:47:50 PM »

Driving home from Chicago 02 and having a big ass deer run out in front of me on the interstate.  That sucked. Staying in a motel this time ok
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2006, 10:56:14 PM »

Vancouver, both times (first time with Metallica and Faith No More, and second time in 2002 when I flew my girlfriend out for her b-day on a flight the afternoon of the show booked to go back at 6:00 AM the next morning so we wouldn't miss any work. Basically we wasted our time and money for an overnight in Vancouver, how lame was that - funny thing was the grown men crying outside the venue! LOL. I bet Axl would never guess that 30 and 40 year olds were outside of GM Place balling! hehe).

a.
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2006, 01:54:46 AM »

damn, some of these stories are pretty bad!

i dont have any bad ones realted to GN'R, but for their TO concert, this will be the first time me and my friend go to toronto alone, maybe ill have a story after that, hopefully not though, cause i want to have a good time!
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2006, 04:07:33 AM »

my GN'R bummer was nothing to do with GN'R and all to do with my friend...

This is why it is sometimes better to go places on one's own.   Smiley   Wink   yes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: