Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R reschedules Sep 27 - Oct 5 dates - tour starts Oct 20th
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R reschedules Sep 27 - Oct 5 dates - tour starts Oct 20th  (Read 21167 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2006, 05:51:03 PM »

Merck said its bullshit - lock this thread. There's not gonna be a New Year's show in Dubai - God, are you people that gullible? We're two months away from an album release - some of us have waited for 7 fucking years - you can wait two more months.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2006, 05:56:51 PM »

Quote from: merck
The US tour starts on the 20th of October in Jacksonville and the shows that were due to take place between the 27th of September and the 2nd of October have just been moved to fit into the body of the tour. There will be an announcement next week of the entire tour. The rest of the below message is crap.

I mean he doesn't include the 5th of October here.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2006, 06:07:11 PM »

I'm glad I decided to wait to buy my Airplane ticket to Reno.....after being burned in Philly, I think I would have pretty much said fuck it all to this band.  I've been a fan for a very very long time, but jesus christ....as far as seeing this band live, I don't think I'm gonna chance it anymore.  It's like a gamble.  Not worth the trouble.

PS - this isn't an Axl/GNR bash.....but seriously someone in the front office needs to get their ass kicked and learn how to schedule a tour and make sure it happens.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »

I trust you sladdi, atleast in the sense that you only give out information you yourself believe to be true. Mysteron's the same, if he says he hasn't heard about it, that's sometimes the end of the story.

And Merck... In the past, Merck has replied/denied/ignored the way that best serves his purpose. He looks out for his clients and thus sometimes has had to resort to a half-truth or even a downright lie, but that is what he considers the best for the band.

In the GNR world, there are no truths. Truth only exists the minute it becomes reality.

Right on!  I couldn't have said it better myself.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2006, 06:18:24 PM »

The US tour starts on the 20th of October in Jacksonville and the shows that were due to take place between the 27th of September and the 2nd of October have just been moved to fit into the body of the tour. There will be an announcement next week of the entire tour. The rest of the below message is crap.

It's included as far as I know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2006, 06:19:02 PM »

It hasn't been officially moved yet, but most likely it will be.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »

so merck just forgot to mention the date in the mail. Tongue
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2006, 06:26:44 PM »

it's kinda ironic that the americans have always bad luck when it comes to shows

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2006, 06:27:49 PM »

Possibly.

He specified that the tour will start in Jacksonville, FL on October 20th.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2006, 06:35:04 PM »

the shows that were due to take place between the 27th of September and the 2nd of October have just been moved

No point in saying the San Diego date has just been moved, when it hasn't.

it's kinda ironic that the americans have always bad luck when it comes to shows

A European tour was cancelled twice (in 2001), before we got three shows in 2002 and finally a full-blown tour in 2006.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 06:38:21 PM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2006, 06:54:52 PM »

i know it will get moved, but a part of me still has hope that the san diego show will happen in the original date. peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2006, 06:55:55 PM »

the shows that were due to take place between the 27th of September and the 2nd of October have just been moved

I didn't know every other date between the 27th and the 5th oct was officially moved already.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2006, 07:30:34 PM »

You can keep denying it all you want, but the tour will start in Florida. Not San Diego.

/jarmo

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2006, 07:47:11 PM »

You can keep denying it all you want, but the tour will start in Florida. Not San Diego.

Umm, I'm not denying it. Completely opposite.

Was just commenting on Merck not including the SD date to the ones 'just moved'. IMO It's only because that one date hasn't been rescheduled with the venue yet.

But it will be moved. Case closed.

slashBOG
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2006, 08:00:04 PM »

/jarmo

FLORIDA!!!  ok  hell yeahh.. There is where it is supposed to begin... We got screwed up in 2002 .. Now it's our only chance...  beer
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2006, 08:00:26 PM »

Seriously, I'm so sick of people like this.

Whine, whine, whine. Axl owes me this, he should do this for me, he's suck a dick, ooooooh

Then WHY ARE YOU HERE

GO AWAY

GO WATCH A CLAY AIKEN SHOW I HEAR THERE ARE NO RIOTS THERE

Fuck that shit, "I can see where he's coming from"

He's coming from the "I like to complain" school of thinking

When GNR did shit like this back in the day, they could do no wrong. The people who complained about their style were the fucking churches and mother's groups who protested them - you want to be grouped in with them?

This is GUNS N' ROSES. Why can't you just get over it.

HOW CAN ANYONE TURN NEWS OF THE BAND FINISHING THE RECORD AND RELEASING IT into a negative thing? I'm sorry, but if you do this, you aren't a true fan.

this is why i like you rey  Smiley   you just said what I think most of us true fans are thinking.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2006, 08:05:25 PM »

As an FYI...............

I had tickets to see GNR in Sacramento and in San Diego.

I also had plane reservations via Southwest.

Now, Southwest....if you need to cancel your trip, hold the amount you paid in the form of a credit to be used up to one year from original date of purchase. ?I have a credit of $397 right now. ?And Southwest always has low fares. ?It only cost me to fly round trip from Tampa to Jacksonville, $118.80

Also, I had put in a request for Ticketmaster to give me a refund because I can't make the date in January and I asked they do it last night and it was done today .....I had received an email telling me so.

Once San Diego gets officially moved, I'll ask TM to refund my credit card as well. ?Because I did the fast ticket printing, I only lost out on like $2.50 and then the service fee of like $4.40 so it wasn't a lot. ?I am receiving a credit of $85.00.

I got my GNR Tampa ticket in the mail today as well and an email telling me my GNR ?Jax ticket is on the way as it's been printed. smoking

edit to say that the time off I was taking was vacation time for me so it wasn't a big deal.  I can schedule my vaction time any time I want and mine is paid time off so it all worked out for me.

So my suggestion would be to those who decide to fly..........book with Southwest....that way you don't lose any money....you can always reschedule your time to fit around GNR.
It's all about flexibility and if anyone hasn't figured out by now that you have to remain open minded in being a fan of GNR then you better realize that now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 08:09:36 PM by dolphin » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2006, 08:42:02 PM »

Damn. I was really looking forward to this Arco show. But dave made a good point. With CD being out before January, we'll have a revamped setlist. I'm willing to wait a couple months if it means not having to hear mostly AFD rehash. Also, by some miracle from God(and Axl), Buckethead will be back for this "real" tour. smoking drool beer

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2006, 08:43:12 PM »

Damn. I was really looking forward to this Arco show. But dave made a good point. With CD being out before January, we'll have a revamped setlist. I'm willing to wait a couple months if it means not having to hear mostly AFD rehash. Also, by some miracle from God(and Axl), Buckethead will be back for this "real" tour. smoking drool beer

Right, silver lining. That is why didnt go to vegas Did want to see the same set list i did in 2002

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
fixintodie
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2006, 09:26:51 PM »

Right guys, here it comes:

Told you so.  ok
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: