Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:29:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R reschedules Sep 27 - Oct 5 dates - tour starts Oct 20th
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R reschedules Sep 27 - Oct 5 dates - tour starts Oct 20th  (Read 21169 times)
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2006, 12:31:38 PM »

props velimir ok

get your credit cards ready for next week kiddies Cool

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2006, 12:33:18 PM »

The US tour starts on the 20th of October in Jacksonville and the shows that were due to take place between the 27th of September and the 2nd of October have just been moved to fit into the body of the tour. There will be an announcement next week of the entire tour. The rest of the below message is crap.

again who's joke was that originally? Tommy? hihi

velimir, where did you find this?

E-mail, and I can verify that it's authentic.

/jarmo

Thanks.

and thanks valimir.
Just to clarify myself, I meant "The rest of the below message"- the newyearseve bit  by "the joke".

cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2006, 12:47:38 PM »

It's only all California shows that are postponed (after KROQ), which means they will be re-scheduled at a future date.? Axl said the tour is officially going to start on October 24th!!

cybercurves
ahem, he said around the 24th, to be precise.. precise Huh

You're right  ok
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2006, 12:59:59 PM »

its all part of axls plan, do the euro tour, then a few shows in america show that they are serious about the album this time, get people realise GNR are planning on doin something, some self promo for the band if you like, then sell some shows, took into consideration they aint sold out, postpone them put the fuckin album out, get "the craze" goin for GNR and the album, more tickets are bought for the postponed shows, and success ok

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
robinfinckfan
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2006, 01:02:44 PM »

If this is true why are the people crying about it. Look at it this way. If your show is now in dec or jan that means you will get set list full of NEW SONGs and not the same tired old set list from 2002

Fucking ay!

And there's gonna be an announcement next week of the entire tour - hopefully with some other information. ?ok

They may have decided they need a little longer gap to sort everything out for the album, etc. Who knows.

It's all good ?beer

@#$%Funker

Speaking of which.... this announcement next week? Whats the official word on it? Is it supposed to be soley on the tour or is it the "big one" with all the info we're waiting for?

Is there going to be a " official" announcemeant next week or is that " official speculation" ?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2006, 01:27:02 PM »

GN'R have postponed the US dates that were to take place between September 27th and October 5th. The dates have been moved to fit into the main body of the tour, which starts on October 20th in Jacksonville, FL at the Veterans Memorial Arena.
The rescheduled dates will take place later this year or early next year (depending on show).

The shows with new rescheduled dates known so far are:

Fresno, CA @ Save Mart Center: September 27th, 2006 -> December 13th, 2006
Reno, NV @ Reno Events Center: September 30th, 2006 -> January 13th, 2007
Sacramento, CA @ ARCO Arena: October 2nd, 2006 -> January 10th, 2007

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2006, 01:48:14 PM »

It's now on Ticketmaster:

Bakersfield, CA @ Rabobank Arena: September 29th, 2006 => January 11th, 2007.

San Diego will go as well, I'm predicting January.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2006, 01:52:02 PM »

Never understood the timing of those shows anyway...didn't help that there was whatever ticket you wanted left to buy too LOL
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2006, 01:57:40 PM »

Sounds great...but since I have row AA seats for Tennessee I'm hoping its still on for Oct. 22.  Already have paid vacation lined up..but have to miss classes the next day..oh well its worth it.  I'm guessing the moving up of these dates is in order to go along with the album release.  Let the new music sink in with the people before they go to the show.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2006, 02:05:41 PM »

Seriously, I'm so sick of people like this.

Whine, whine, whine. Axl owes me this, he should do this for me, he's suck a dick, ooooooh

Then WHY ARE YOU HERE

GO AWAY

GO WATCH A CLAY AIKEN SHOW I HEAR THERE ARE NO RIOTS THERE

Fuck that shit, "I can see where he's coming from"

He's coming from the "I like to complain" school of thinking

When GNR did shit like this back in the day, they could do no wrong. The people who complained about their style were the fucking churches and mother's groups who protested them - you want to be grouped in with them?

This is GUNS N' ROSES. Why can't you just get over it.

HOW CAN ANYONE TURN NEWS OF THE BAND FINISHING THE RECORD AND RELEASING IT into a negative thing? I'm sorry, but if you do this, you aren't a true fan.

DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2006, 02:27:33 PM »

its a bit of a bummer for the fans who have taken time off work or booked holidays around the tour, I would be a little annoyed to. However lets look on the bright side, this probably means that the band are serious about getting Chinese Democracy out this time around, and that surely is somthing to look forward to
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2006, 02:29:25 PM »

I think this is very high hazard with GNR's reliability, especially in the US

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2006, 02:30:46 PM »

so let me get this straight, im sorry if its been answered, but the shows only after tonight and to OCt 20 are postponed, the shows after Oct 20th are still on ?

EFISH
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2006, 02:31:42 PM »

so let me get this straight, im sorry if its been answered, but the shows only after tonight and to OCt 20 are postponed, the shows after Oct 20th are still on ?

yep thats what it looks like.. n the show oct 20th is still on.  ok
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2006, 02:32:11 PM »

Seems to be the case, at least as of right now.
sladdi
Headliner

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2006, 05:22:55 PM »

i'll stick to what i wrote.

i was informed about this on sept 8th. (that's right!) ... no december dates were publicly known at that time.

so, i've emailed mr. merck 10 days ago (see) to ask about the shows being postponed, and my email was ignored...
i've sent a personal message to mysteron 5 days ago (see)... he told me he hasn't heard "anything to that effect".

now, do you think mr. merck woke up in the beautiful friday morning at sept 22nd, and went "man! we need to postpone these shows!..... so that they fit into the body of the tour!" ? obviously this was so planned. and what are they going to do for 27 days now?

if this guy knew about the postponed shows, then he knows his shit. he didn't make the rest up, i lend credence to that as it's not his nature to talk bs.

if you don't have a completed album and you are touring from October to December AND you've promised an album, when do you think final mixing will happen? now, not during christmas. some things are just logical.

i just hope you don't take their denial as gospel truth, but, whatever floats your boat Roll Eyes

i'll keep posting what i consider worth being mentioned...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2006, 05:31:06 PM »

why the fuck would they have planned that? annoucning the shows and planning on postponing them? where's the sense in that?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2006, 05:33:07 PM »

I trust you sladdi, atleast in the sense that you only give out information you yourself believe to be true. Mysteron's the same, if he says he hasn't heard about it, that's sometimes the end of the story.

And Merck... In the past, Merck has replied/denied/ignored the way that best serves his purpose. He looks out for his clients and thus sometimes has had to resort to a half-truth or even a downright lie, but that is what he considers the best for the band.

In the GNR world, there are no truths. Truth only exists the minute it becomes reality.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
madagas
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2006, 05:35:37 PM »

Who gives a shit? They are postponed. End of discussion. Album due this year-whether it is done or almost done who cares? Whether they are in the studio or not who cares? If it is not released this year, then........ Angry
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 05:41:23 PM by madagas » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2006, 05:45:55 PM »

Whatever sladdi. I don't doubt you or merck.

However the dubai show on this newyears eve, of all days and years, somewhat never rings true to me.
I think you were neatly taken in on that bit.  I might be wrong, of course.

Incidently what about the 5th of october?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: