Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:52:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R reschedules Sep 27 - Oct 5 dates - tour starts Oct 20th
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R reschedules Sep 27 - Oct 5 dates - tour starts Oct 20th  (Read 21173 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« on: September 23, 2006, 05:20:49 AM »

i think this needs a new thread

September 23 --- Guns postponing shows after KROQ

I've heard it weeks before, but didn't want to post it straight away for obvious reasons. The story is, we've heard from someone very high up in the food chain of the GNR tour that all California shows after KROQ will be postponed until December. The source continues.. "After Sept 23rd, the band goes into studio to complete final mixing of the album, and the album will come out before December" ... "Towards new years, they will fly to Miami for a show... and ON new years eve, they plan to perform in Dubai" ... take it for what it is, still a rumour.

http://www.newgnr.com/newgnr.html

Edit: Clearer subject. /jarmo
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 06:26:11 PM by jarmo » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 05:27:55 AM »

Dubai?

Damn, I don't think I've ever been there...

Bono
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 05:28:13 AM »

The thing that bugs me is that on September 23rd 2006 they still haven't even done the "final mixing" That's insane. And not in a good way.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 05:28:30 AM »

That's some rumor! So Chinese Democracy, probably in November, and Dubai for New Years? That would be a bit weird

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 05:29:54 AM »

newgnr was also the first page to come up with the uk tour way before it was announced. and mixing can take 2 weeks

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 05:30:49 AM »

The thing that bugs me is that on September 23rd 2006 they still haven't even done the "final mixing" That's insane. And not in a good way.

The final mixing is something that doesn't take too long.

However it's just a rumour and you shouldn't look at it any other way...

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 05:31:58 AM »

well, we'll find out on wednesday the latest, or maybe axl will say something tomorrow

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 05:32:05 AM »

yeah weird story.... but logical....I mean....it must be this year.....according to Axl himself......so CD in november would be great.  That would mean an announcement in early october or mid october?

Imagine listening to CD in less then two months?!?!

drool

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 05:34:36 AM »

looks like i'd be going to dubai for new years  Cool
fixintodie
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 05:34:50 AM »

I don't believe this for one reason - why would they book the dates in September/October in the first place? Why would they harm their touring reliability even further? Didn't they know that the album needs mixing? Huh Axl has been saying 'this year' for ages. Why wouldn't they have just mixed it between the European tour and the start of the US one?

Needing to mix the album isn't something that 'suddenly' happens and causes you to postpone shows. Is it? ?nervous

And if management knows that the gigs are delayed, they should say something official ASAP or people are going to be pissed off.
anythinggoes
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 05:35:03 AM »

Imagine listening to CD in less then two months?!?!

drool

yeah like thats something i dont imagine everyday Roll Eyes

hihi
Bono
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 05:36:05 AM »

The final mixing is something that doesn't take too long.

However it's just a rumour and you shouldn't look at it any other way...

True. But the "final mixing" rumor has been going on for years. ?I mean didn't Axl himself say in 2002 that they were heading int the studio to put the "finnishing touches" on the album? The guy sure does plan his schedualwell ?in advance. rofl

As for Dubai I had a buddy who went there last christmas with his wife and kids and he said it was freaking awesome. he loved it there. If this is true it would probably be a wicked gig to go to. lots of $$$$$$ though.
Bono
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 05:40:06 AM »

I don't believe this for one reason - why would they book the dates in September/October in the first place? Why would they harm their touring reliability even further? Didn't they know that the album needs mixing? Huh Axl has been saying 'this year' for ages. Why wouldn't they have just mixed it between the European tour and the start of the US one?

Needing to mix the album isn't something that 'suddenly' happens and causes you to postpone shows. Is it? ?nervous

And if management knows that the gigs are delayed, they should say something official ASAP or people are going to be pissed off.

I agree. What was the point of scheduling shows? And yeah you'd think that final mixings would be some kind of priority and not somthing that was left to the last minute and then someone said "Shit you know what we still gotta do...." I know that's not likely how it went down but the whole Gn'R camp seems to be run pretty poorly.  It's no wonder  fans get upset alot of the time.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 05:43:32 AM »

It's happening alright.

The Reno date (9/30) has been moved up to January with the Sacramento date.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/735218

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 05:43:40 AM »

Well newgnr.com is reliable so I do trust it. If this means CD is definitely coming out this year, then I'm all for it ?ok
speak_truth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 05:44:09 AM »

I didn't want to start a new thread, but does this mean that GNr did not sellout or good enough that axl or company had to delay the tour
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 05:45:24 AM »

It's happening alright.

The Reno date (9/30) has been moved up to January with the Sacramento date.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/735218

what is that birthday bash thing listed there with Guns??

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2006, 05:47:46 AM »

What about the shows that begin on Oct. 20? Is everything postponed until Dec.? nervous confused
Bono
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2006, 05:50:55 AM »

I didn't want to start a new thread, but does this mean that GNr did not sellout or good enough that axl or company had to delay the tour

That's what I read someone sugget. It kinda made some sense. If tickets weren't selling too well they'd likey sell better once the album was released and songs were on radio. Who knows the reasoning though. It's be so awesome if Gn'R would share with the fans. There's really no reason to leave us in the dark like this all the time. It;s just about showing the slightest amount of respect for the fasn that have helped in some way or another keep this thing going. We care and want to know whats going on. Have some guy post this shit on gnronline everyday. I really wonder who calls the shots with this band and with management. It's just really weird.
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 05:53:59 AM »

If this rumor is even half-way correct, it's great news.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: