Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:02:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sept. 21st, 2006 San Francisco
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sept. 21st, 2006 San Francisco  (Read 54829 times)
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2006, 06:41:08 AM »

Great reviews. ?"Theband sounded tight". ?Ah shucks! ?They are supposed to sound weak and look miserable! ?Oh well nesquick. better luck next time. ? rofl
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2006, 06:42:34 AM »

That seemed like an honest review, my buddy Micah was at the show and said Rose's voice sounded great but at sometmimes it was drowned out.

I still don't get how Guns N Roses can have the shittiest soundguy... I mean there is no excuse for them to have technical difficulties as much as they do.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2006, 06:43:29 AM »

it was so cool to see the guy mixing everything (i wanted to punch him for rock in rio though hehe).

it wasn't his fault, it was the TV broadcast guys doing a mess

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2006, 06:44:45 AM »

i saw how dude worked and i mean theres 3 ppl doing it. i guess the one i was sitting behind from is the main one because he could lower or raise axls mic volume or the guitars. but it happens fuckit
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:48:47 AM by saint seiya » Logged
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2006, 06:45:20 AM »

NIce, glad you had a good time! thansk for the review!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2006, 06:54:31 AM »

one last thing before i go to bed. I know in the past i have critized the band for playing the same old songs but after tonight seeing peoples reactions to hearing their old favorites, it was one of the best things i have ever seen in my life. I saw old ass people dancing, little kids , black people, mexicans, it didnt matter everyone had a great time and i think its a bad idea to take off these classics. Not all people are super fans like us but they sure liked the "new" songs especially better. I wanted? to tell everyone there that i leaked the songs but? I didnt want to get kicked out.. Good night
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2006, 07:09:23 AM »

one last thing before i go to bed. I know in the past i have critized the band for playing the same old songs but after tonight seeing peoples reactions to hearing their old favorites, it was one of the best things i have ever seen in my life. I saw old ass people dancing, little kids , black people, mexicans, it didnt matter everyone had a great time and i think its a bad idea to take off these classics. Not all people are super fans like us but they sure liked the "new" songs especially better. I wanted  to tell everyone there that i leaked the songs but  I didnt want to get kicked out.. Good night

DUe at this posint it dont matter, what matters is you had a great time, and you saw first hand what the music pf this band does to people. And that rocks!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2006, 07:10:42 AM »

another thing i remember is finck handing out water bottles to the crowd . and like i said before a lot of weed in the theater. i am definatly coming off of it and i didnt even take a hit off a joint. kinda sucks becuase i saw a lot of young kids there though

He and Ron did it too in one of the gigs in Spain this summer. The temperature was very high and the heat became unbearable at one point in the night.  I was in the front row and people were thirsty and the guys who were right under the stage ( security I think) were also handing out bottles of water to the people. Very nice from them Smiley

Bu the way, nice review S.Seiya.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2006, 07:16:56 AM »

thanks for the review saint  Smiley  glad you had a great time. 
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2006, 07:52:51 AM »

cool review - thank you. sounds a great night
Kaleigh
Headliner

Fucking Off In G

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2006, 08:14:44 AM »

I'm heading to bed now, but I just want to say that tonight's show was great, and that I'll end up typing out a longer review tomorrow.

Sebastian:  Nice boys don't play rock and roll!
Axl:  I was never a nice boy!

San Francisco, CA 9/21/06
Universal City, CA 12/17/06
Mountain View, CA 10/20/12
Las Vegas, NV 11/24/12
San Francisco, CA 8/9/2016
sladdi
Headliner

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2006, 08:27:36 AM »

Simply put tonight's Guns N' Roses show at the 2500 seat Warfield theater was incredible! After hitting last weeks Las Vegas shows as well as last nights opening night in SanFrancisco I really didn't think it could possibly get any better.....I was totally wrong.  Axl came out tonight with a presence about him that was spellbinding hitting every note dead on and on this night taking vocals to a place I thought impossible.

At one point holding a note for what seemed like forever. He really seemed to be in tuned to the audience this night.

My position could not have been better, on the floor 3 feet from center, right against the stage rail. I became intimately familiar with the security up front as well as the nearly nude chick behind me.  At one point the sweat from Axl and Richard Fortus rained down on our faces and we loved every minute of it. Speaking of Fortus he is an excellent member of this band, violently attacking his guitar slashing at it with such energy and emotion and playing a crowd favorite duet with Robin Fink the song beautiful.  GnR opened with WTTJ the crowd went wild, the pyro effects were off the hook , with huge bursts of flame and heat , and other effects exploding during key parts of various songs. Not to mention the audience provided smoke which filled the theater, passing freely in the crowd and having this fan a bit unsure of the exact set list order. The songs we heard ( in no order)  were , It's so easy, Mr. brownstone, Live and let die, KOHD,YCBM, SCOM, Nighttrain,  I used to love her, Better , Madagascar , IRS , The Blues , Patience , november rain , Out to get me, as well as the My michelle duet with Sebastian Bach.
Sebastian Bach and band brought the house down, perhaps being the perfect opener for Axl and co. Baz is a class act human being, last night inviting a six year old boy from the crowd to ride on his shoulders as he finished Monkey business. And tonight joking with the crowd about VH1's supergroup and telling us all he lied to Ted Nugent about quitting drinking, saying " Yeah i'm going to quit drinking while touring with GnR ...yeah fucking right! " Bach sang all the skid row hits perfectly as well as doing some new songs and a rendition of Journey's When the lights go down in the city as a special song for the crowd in SF.  While last night Bach and gang were great, tonight they really got the audience super pumped up for GnR and also brought out Anthrax's Scott Ian also from supergroup for one song. They closed with youth gone wild and the crowd was in a fervor totally pumped for GnR. 
Then WttJ starts and the crowd explodes. Axl seems to have more energy now then when I saw them in the 80's/90's and the dance moves of old are completely back as well . During some of the new material Rose seemed to pay special attention to the few of us who knew them word for word , looking down smiling and really selling the hell out of these new hits, putting everything he had into it. I particularly enjoyed Better and IRS with tonight's IRS being the strongest rendition I've heard to date. Axl threw one guy out for being an ass telling him to suck his dick and waving bye bye.  As always there were a few a-holes in the crowd that would yell Slash and then others of us who told them to shut the fuck up. This lineup is a talented group more than filling the shoes of any former member. Robin fink stands out above all playing the role of mystic guitar god dressed as only he does, jumping into the crowd , writhing on the floor playing on his back ,then towering above us seeming like he is completely blown yet playing with precision and more emotion than anyone ever. Ron Thal AKA bumblefoot was also perfect tonight and plays the nice guy everyman of the group spending alot of time slapping hands with those in the crowd and at the end having to be dragged of stage as he wouldn't stop generously throwing picks out to us. If this show is any indication as to how committed this group is to playing the hits and offering some incredibly compeling new music, I cant imagine what level they will take this to when Chinese Democracy hits and the world realizes this band is better than ever.
J. Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2006, 08:36:58 AM »

I'll Give full details tomorrow but here are some Highlights from the show as well as MY OWN

- More Classic Axl Rants
- Kicked out not ONE but TWO people from the audience proclaiming his title as "KING DICK" 
- Rocket Queen Played at this show not first by the demand(chant) of audience 
- Mic audio was much better so voice Was more clearer than last night

My Highlights

- Almost Caught the Microphone (after paradise city) Person in front of me got it
- Saw Richard Fortus's Child 
- I was given Chris Pitmans, or was it Richard Fortus, Unopen beer 'Stella Artois' 
- Met and got pictures with:
- Dizzy
- Robin
- Tommy
- Ron

AND AXL FUCKIN ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

I really hope the pictures came out Nice!!!!! I'm going to develop it tomorrow

I'll give full detatils tomorrow
Gotta go to bed , well not really but because I have class, and yes I am going even with only 2 hours of sleep
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2006, 08:47:05 AM »

great review sladdi!  peace

J. Rose, we are waiting for your pics  ok

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
sladdi
Headliner

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2006, 09:02:49 AM »

35 pictures at www.newgnr.com/tourpictures.html Smiley
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2006, 09:07:03 AM »

Thanks, Sladdi!
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2006, 09:23:20 AM »

Better not bring up the set list buddy. Cause if you do, you are not a "true fan" rofl Not only that I was flamed for saying that these shows had weak set-lists considering there were die-hards who paid up to $150 per ticket. I can understand not busting out Coma in front of 40,000 at Inland Invasion, but to not do it in front of 1,500 of your most hardcore fans??

Speaking for myself, I never said that you aren't a true fan - ovbiously you have some kind of weird love/hate thing going on with the band or you would stay the hell off message boards devoted to them- I just find it annoying that you post the same thing at every freaking opportunity. Did you think that no one was able to absorb your deep thoughts the first time around?  Roll Eyes
sladdi
Headliner

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2006, 09:29:11 AM »

Interesting night to say the least gunners.

sebastian threw out a fan for throwing a cup at him when he was opening for gnr.

Axl threw out 2 fans. Told one " you think you're a bigger asshole than me? You got a lot to learn. I'm the biggest asshole. Suck my cock dickhead. What your mommy bought you the ticket so you waste money? I know I don't waste mine" then pointed to his shirt "see - king dick that's me"

"We are gonna have a good time tonight anyway" this was all during scom.

During my michelle, at a portion lights went on, sebastian hugged axl n pointed straight to me. Later at the club I asked sebastian and he said he was pointing at me and said "that guys cool, been to many shows". Later in the night sebastian standing side of stage waved hi, and after used to love her axl pointed to me and waved with both arms in a comical way as if trying to get my attention the way I was trying to get his. How did this happen? Well I chose to be center front seat of the balcony near soundboard and he had a clear sight of me as lights were on me. Later two girls came next to me and said "hey are you axls friend, can we sit next to you, why is he waving at you in the middle of a show" I said "I'm cool like that".

They did a very long set, blessing us w roclket queen. Again the sound was top notch, buit there were minor technical difficulties but nothing to whine about.

So after the show, we went to Whisper, an after hour club where we partied with the entire band. This was not a gnr performance, just the band chilling.
Let's cut to the point - I walked in w ron. Big club, one private table w axl and 30 models. Ron walked me up and introduced me.
Me "its a pleasure and honor to meet you"
Axl "hi thanks, hey did you catch the mic?"
Me "oh you saw I was the asshole waving at you the whole time"
Axl "haha ya thanks for supportin the band"
Me "no I didn't catch it, some guy behind me threw himself in the mix but its all good, I had a great time"
Axl "that's cool"
We toasted.
He sat back down next to his hot model gf.

Then I spoke to everyone else.
Ron said "hell no I'm not movin to LA"
Robin "hey I've seen you a lot, what's your name? I'm robin"
Me "ha ha ya I know I'm allen. Thanks for workin your heart out each show, welcome to the band I iwsh you all sucess"
Robin " hey thanks, Ill look for you saturday at kroq"
Me "ron do you check your myspace really?"
Ron "haha ya I do! Totally!"
Me "can I add you to my friends? Haha"
Ron "for sure bro!!"

Me "dizzy the piano is beautiful but did you write the blues as well?
Dizzy "no actually axl wrote the verses first, then I added the piano intro and bridge and then the band filled it in. Its the first song we've done together as a band. I'm real happy about it."
Me "that's awesome but robin's 'better' is also amazing. "
Dizzy " ya robin did the whole song, he is amazing. Then axl wrote all the lyrics"

Me "tommy can I buy you a drink"
Tommy "sure jack on the rocks"
We toasted jd together.

Then sebastian crashed in sebastian style.
Me "hey dude!"
Seb "hey glad you made it"
Me "dude am I wrong or were you pointin n waving at me during the show"
Seb "totally! I pointed you to axl! You're awesome for supporting them"
Me "where's your bro? He was so cool"
Seb "that's right you partied w him in london, he's in toronto. Dude you're everywhere!"
Me "ya. So?! Smiley"
We both laughed.

90 percent were women at the club.
The remianing men were either band members, managament, close friends of the band and 1 crazy fan.

After a night like that, do I need another minute in this city? Hell no.
Its 630am and I'm takin a flight home.

Next stop. Kroq.

-peace

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2006, 09:39:38 AM »

Interesting night to say the least gunners.

sebastian threw out a fan for throwing a cup at him when he was opening for gnr.

Axl threw out 2 fans. Told one " you think you're a bigger asshole than me? You got a lot to learn. I'm the biggest asshole. Suck my cock dickhead. What your mommy bought you the ticket so you waste money? I know I don't waste mine" then pointed to his shirt "see - king dick that's me"

"We are gonna have a good time tonight anyway" this was all during scom.

During my michelle, at a portion lights went on, sebastian hugged axl n pointed straight to me. Later at the club I asked sebastian and he said he was pointing at me and said "that guys cool, been to many shows". Later in the night sebastian standing side of stage waved hi, and after used to love her axl pointed to me and waved with both arms in a comical way as if trying to get my attention the way I was trying to get his. How did this happen? Well I chose to be center front seat of the balcony near soundboard and he had a clear sight of me as lights were on me. Later two girls came next to me and said "hey are you axls friend, can we sit next to you, why is he waving at you in the middle of a show" I said "I'm cool like that".

They did a very long set, blessing us w roclket queen. Again the sound was top notch, buit there were minor technical difficulties but nothing to whine about.

So after the show, we went to Whisper, an after hour club where we partied with the entire band. This was not a gnr performance, just the band chilling.
Let's cut to the point - I walked in w ron. Big club, one private table w axl and 30 models. Ron walked me up and introduced me.
Me "its a pleasure and honor to meet you"
Axl "hi thanks, hey did you catch the mic?"
Me "oh you saw I was the asshole waving at you the whole time"
Axl "haha ya thanks for supportin the band"
Me "no I didn't catch it, some guy behind me threw himself in the mix but its all good, I had a great time"
Axl "that's cool"
We toasted.
He sat back down next to his hot model gf.

Then I spoke to everyone else.
Ron said "hell no I'm not movin to LA"
Robin "hey I've seen you a lot, what's your name? I'm robin"
Me "ha ha ya I know I'm allen. Thanks for workin your heart out each show, welcome to the band I iwsh you all sucess"
Robin " hey thanks, Ill look for you saturday at kroq"
Me "ron do you check your myspace really?"
Ron "haha ya I do! Totally!"
Me "can I add you to my friends? Haha"
Ron "for sure bro!!"

Me "dizzy the piano is beautiful but did you write the blues as well?
Dizzy "no actually axl wrote the verses first, then I added the piano intro and bridge and then the band filled it in. Its the first song we've done together as a band. I'm real happy about it."
Me "that's awesome but robin's 'better' is also amazing. "
Dizzy " ya robin did the whole song, he is amazing. Then axl wrote all the lyrics"

Me "tommy can I buy you a drink"
Tommy "sure jack on the rocks"
We toasted jd together.

Then sebastian crashed in sebastian style.
Me "hey dude!"
Seb "hey glad you made it"
Me "dude am I wrong or were you pointin n waving at me during the show"
Seb "totally! I pointed you to axl! You're awesome for supporting them"
Me "where's your bro? He was so cool"
Seb "that's right you partied w him in london, he's in toronto. Dude you're everywhere!"
Me "ya. So?! Smiley"
We both laughed.

90 percent were women at the club.
The remianing men were either band members, managament, close friends of the band and 1 crazy fan.

After a night like that, do I need another minute in this city? Hell no.
Its 630am and I'm takin a flight home.

Next stop. Kroq.

-peace

Lucky motherfucker!!!!......great shit dude......A million women around and Guns N Roses.....I am never the jealous type but......I am jealous.....Great story..... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2006, 09:44:07 AM »

Awesome, sladdi!! Did you take any pics?

EDIT: Sorry, my bad, just saw the link with the pictures.  ok
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 10:21:23 AM by Mandy. » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: