Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:56:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  MY PROBLEM WITH US TOUR DATES SO FAR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY PROBLEM WITH US TOUR DATES SO FAR  (Read 20349 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2006, 03:20:30 PM »

Americans, in the current political and cultural climate, have been dumbied down to the point that they don't know what good art or music is if it hit's them in the face. ?The new "bling/bling" generation (16-25) year olds for the most part are more concerned with their flashy cell phones and social status than they are developing their own soul and place in this world. ?That is a quick generalization, but it is this attitude that propels Paris Hilton to the top of the U.S. charts. ?Dylan, with a great album, did hit #1, but all the other stuff is what we witnessed on MTV VMA's. ?These young kids would not know what a great band is if it hit them in the ears. ? Really, for the most part, the U.S. is a country in decline, that can only be saved by a cultural awakening that rejects our current state of materialistic submission, and laziness when selecting our leaders. ?Look, no other country in the world would elect a bumbling idiot like Bush! ?

With that said, I think there is an underbelly of teenagers that are yearning for something real in their art and music. ?I also think, there are more GNR fans coming out of the closet in 2006 than did in 2002. ?Attendance is going to be pleasantly surprising to these shows.
axlslover
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2006, 03:22:14 PM »

It seems to me that Axl and the boys are playing too many dates.

I don't see how they are going to come close to selling out these dates in Tampa, Jacksonville, Nashville and small cities such as this....I have NEVER HEARD OF ESTERO FL!!!!!

they should do 2 dates in FLorida... MAX...

Theya re going to end up not selling out thesse venues and then the press is going to turn on them and say look they cant sell out gigs... i think it will turn into bad press...

I think they should have stuck to major cities in the U.S.? ?until the album is out and hopefully doing well.

DOes anybodyelse agree?
I have been thinking this for some time..absolutely agree, sometimes i think its a joke
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2006, 03:23:31 PM »

Europe had no problems with selling tickets, but i do hear those americans are alot more stubborn.but thats what i hear

they reckon over here you guys wont go see them untill they have an album out, i thought wtf???

thats ridiculous....isnt it???

Pretty much, although the one thing you do have to consider is each state in US is almost comparible to one country in Europe. So for you overseas to say you sold out all your shows, they only played about 1 show per country, except UK (Which shockingly played 10 or 11 shows). Had GnR played 3 or 4 shows in Poland, Czech, Hungary, Finland, Italy etc, not sure they all would have sold out because not all ppl would have traveled across country when they could see them 2 days later 30 minutes from home.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2006, 03:30:24 PM »

Well what is the capacity at a lot of these venues?  I think they will do just fine in attendance.  Aren't these places smaller than the places in 02'?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2006, 03:38:37 PM »

It seems to me that Axl and the boys are playing too many dates.

That is quite funny. rofl

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2006, 03:42:58 PM »

A lot of times Arena's or concert venues are just outside of a major city.  So a concert in Estero might encompass the Fort Meyers area, which to my knowledge is pretty big. 

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2006, 03:49:53 PM »

I actually purchased 2 of the $10 tickets for the second show in Philly, so yes, that was a special deal if you were at the first show-

That's odd, because they never ended up going on sale?!! ?

i could be wrong, but i thought they did go on sale. they were handing out the flyers as you went into the show and there is a box office right at the arena....

back on topic, you also have to remember florida is a huge state. from tampa to jacksonville is 3 hours and from jacksonville to estero it is 5 hours. its not like they are playing shows right next to each other. be happy there is a tour.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2006, 03:53:30 PM »

I don't care really, this could be the last big gig for Axl for all we know.. (hopefully not!) so I say the more they play and the more people they reach out the best!!

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2006, 03:58:57 PM »

I actually purchased 2 of the $10 tickets for the second show in Philly, so yes, that was a special deal if you were at the first show-

That's odd, because they never ended up going on sale?!! ?

i could be wrong, but i thought they did go on sale. they were handing out the flyers as you went into the show and there is a box office right at the arena....

back on topic, you also have to remember florida is a huge state. from tampa to jacksonville is 3 hours and from jacksonville to estero it is 5 hours. its not like they are playing shows right next to each other. be happy there is a tour.

I wasnt there, but yes as you went into and came out of the show flyers were handed out where you could purchase the tickets for $10 if you brought the flyer and your ticket stub from that night's show. 

That is a good point about the size of the state of Florida.  I myself always forget how big it is.  When I lived in North Carolina it took me 8 hours to drive home to New Jersey, and it takes that long to drive from Tallahasee to Miami. 
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2006, 03:59:17 PM »

Americans, in the current political and cultural climate, have been dumbied down to the point that they don't know what good art or music is if it hit's them in the face. ?The new "bling/bling" generation (16-25) year olds for the most part are more concerned with their flashy cell phones and social status than they are developing their own soul and place in this world. ?That is a quick generalization, but it is this attitude that propels Paris Hilton to the top of the U.S. charts. ?Dylan, with a great album, did hit #1, but all the other stuff is what we witnessed on MTV VMA's. ?These young kids would not know what a great band is if it hit them in the ears. ? Really, for the most part, the U.S. is a country in decline, that can only be saved by a cultural awakening that rejects our current state of materialistic submission, and laziness when selecting our leaders. ?Look, no other country in the world would elect a bumbling idiot like Bush! ?

With that said, I think there is an underbelly of teenagers that are yearning for something real in their art and music. ?I also think, there are more GNR fans coming out of the closet in 2006 than did in 2002. ?Attendance is going to be pleasantly surprising to these shows.

I couldnt agree more.
anythinggoes
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2006, 03:59:55 PM »

Jesus fucking christ your moaning because thy are playing too many shows what the fuck are you on i really cant believe i am reading that you must of made a mistake

i mean fuck they played 11 shows in England all the ones i went to had good attendence and how big is england

ive fucking read it all now i really have

thanks to the lame ass topic im going home

oh wait i am at home rofl
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2006, 04:08:30 PM »

I couldnt agree more.

Great post Intensity yes....Fuckin' GREAT. ok....and fuckin' reality.. peace....forget about it..... Cool

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2006, 04:11:21 PM »

I respect the point of discussion but I must say it doesn't make to much sense.

Man, I think it's so cool that they will be playing a lot of shows. Hell if it's got a bus station it should get a show, this will re-connect or connect the new GNR to it's new/old fans. They've got to play their asses off (not caring if its 3000 or 30000) that's how you get the respect from the general public and win over new fans. Last spring I went to Canada to visit my Parents who live outside of Calgary and I heard the Crue were playing in Red Deer, Man I Lost it! bought tickets rented a car and went (it was awsome, Rowdy Crowd). After I checked out the Crue's site and sh*t it was the second show in Red Deer in 2 weeks !! I don't want to turn this into a crue post but they played

Red Deer 2 times
Saskatoon
Regina
Prince George (for those of you who don't know man that is way up North, ?Bubblef*ckland)

They had already played all the major cities (including Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax etc. you get the picture)

I hate it when bands go on tour and for example in Canada's situation "Big Canadian tour" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?              (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver)

It would be the same if they picked the 10 major cities in the States and called it an ?"American Tour"

To me that's playing 10 random dates.  Anyway

You guys noticed how no special guests have been announced ? I wonder if they are waiting to see the reaction to announce "who" will be on the road with. I can't wait to see !

Enjoy the shows you lucky bastards....

I'll be waiting for the South Amercian tour ?
 ?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Evolution
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2006, 04:12:10 PM »

I love this board.  rofl

"Too many shows".

Axl can never win!
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2006, 04:20:55 PM »

I love this board.? rofl

"Too many shows".

Axl can never win!

hahahahaha.....un-fuckin' believable......"when is gnr gonna tour?"....."wish they played more shows" .....down to "they are not promoting it right"....."too many shows for them now"......"It's not gonna work"

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2006, 04:23:07 PM »

Well, BOO-HOO Guns N' Roses is touring and they're playing lots of shows! This is so bad. Cry

I can't believe some people actually whine about this stuff, it's hard to believe you're fans.

its a fucking observation and a VALID one. ?Its hard to believe you don't understand that. ?Basic economic principles tell you that the more you saturate a market with supply the DEMAND WILL DECREASE. ?It amazes me how many of you think with your hearts and not your heads. ?Jesus christ....

Stop worrying about ticket sales.

Why do I often feel like this board is full of record company executives and not fans?

"They should do this and they should do that".

Enjoy the fact that we have shows. Enjoy the fact that many people who can't afford to travel has the chance to see GN'R in their home town!

/jarmo

I couldn't agree with you more .

Is everyone here a marketing expert, and a music major? Why aren't you people out selling millions of albums and touring the world if you have the formula for success sussed out so completely? You all know what songs they should play, how they should promote the album, what the American audience is looking for, what is wrong/right with Axl's voice, personality and image, how many shows they should play at any place in the world(apparently), how Axl should introduce the band and thank the crowd for showing up(down to the exact script), and who should or shouldn't in the band. With that kind of knowledge the members of this board could rule the universe! ?Roll Eyes
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2006, 04:26:07 PM »

Well, BOO-HOO Guns N' Roses is touring and they're playing lots of shows! This is so bad. Cry

I can't believe some people actually whine about this stuff, it's hard to believe you're fans.

its a fucking observation and a VALID one. ?Its hard to believe you don't understand that. ?Basic economic principles tell you that the more you saturate a market with supply the DEMAND WILL DECREASE. ?It amazes me how many of you think with your hearts and not your heads. ?Jesus christ....

Stop worrying about ticket sales.

Why do I often feel like this board is full of record company executives and not fans?

"They should do this and they should do that".

Enjoy the fact that we have shows. Enjoy the fact that many people who can't afford to travel has the chance to see GN'R in their home town!

/jarmo

I couldn't agree with you more .

Is everyone here a marketing expert, and a music major? Why aren't you people out selling millions of albums and touring the world if you have the formula for success sussed out so completely? You all know what songs they should play, how they should promote the album, what the American audience is looking for, what is wrong/right with Axl's voice, personality and image, how many shows they should play at any place in the world(apparently), how Axl should introduce the band and thank the crowd for showing up(down to the exact script), and who should or shouldn't in the band. With that kind of knowledge the members of this board could rule the universe! ?Roll Eyes

Yeah, we should all fly to New York, meet up, and open our own record company. rofl
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »

Do you guys think this is fucking "Field of Dreams"? List tour dates on the internet, and people will come from near and far, and fill up all these arenas. They need to get the word out that they're touring, that Chinese Democracy is coming out, and that this new band can play the fuck out of the old material.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2006, 04:29:03 PM »

I think a bigger question not being asked here is shouldn't there be a single coming out soon. Once a single gets played on the radio and casual fans hear it and hear the 'new' Guns N Roses, may prompt more casual rock fans to get into them and buy a ticket.

Of course, since I'm not not a marketing expert and music major, my theory is irrelevant and invalid. And Guns will sell as many tickets without a single as they would with..
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2006, 04:31:49 PM »

This is fucking retarded. Announce all the tour dates and the album at once, like every other band. This tour is going to be a major fuck up if they start putting these tickets on sale without an announcement of the whole tour and the album. This is some slick marketing!!
Agreed and I have been saying this for MONTHS!!!!!

Anyone who thinks doing things this way is stupid, and the numbers in terms of ticket sales will prove that, now if they give us a release date and/or a single...EVERYTHING will change!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: