Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:29:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228097 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  There is (almost) no competition
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There is (almost) no competition  (Read 17828 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: September 03, 2006, 07:19:56 PM »

BEYONCE is one of the 2 or 3 most popular artist in the world right now. Her new album will be out next tuesday. I just heard her new single, I saw the video on MTV, I like myself some of her earlier works, I have nothing against Rn'B, I love almost every kind of music, but....honnestly...sincerely... THIS IS CRAP. All the new GN'R demos are 10 times better than her new single. Like day and night. Even as unfinished demos they are better. There is no need to worry about the success of Chinese Democracy. All the new songs/demos we heard so far are really really better.

I think there is no competition right now...

There is no "Nevermind", no "Achtung baby", no "Black Album", no "Eminem Show", to be in competition with... 
It is time to release Chinese Democracy. The road is open for a massive musical and commercial success.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 12:32:51 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 07:24:36 PM »

Who in the band said they were worried?? Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 07:51:05 PM »

Funny... This is the SAME thing people said before Velvet Revolver released Contraband...

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 07:54:05 PM »

hahahah funny mnm show a good cd  that was funny dude. rofl hihi

Steel_Angel
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 07:54:27 PM »

were the contraband demos as good as the CD leaks?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 07:57:29 PM »

doesn't matter waht is out there there is always "competition" in the charts peace

but i don't think that GnR is worried about how well the album will do...they'll just ride the wave...if it does well then they go with it, if it doesn't then the 2nd disk will be the next step

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 08:00:28 PM »

IMO, "Slither" (the final product...I have not heard any demo's by VR so I can't compare) is just as good as "Better," perhaps a little lower in my opinion if only because Axl is much better than Weiland. Slash is much better on "Slither" than the 3 GN'R guitarists are on "Better," though. I'd say that overall Chinese Democracy sounds better than Contraband from what I've heard so far of CHIDEM.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 08:05:28 PM »

IMO, "Slither" (the final product...I have not heard any demo's by VR so I can't compare) is just as good as "Better," perhaps a little lower in my opinion if only because Axl is much better than Weiland. Slash is much better on "Slither" than the 3 GN'R guitarists are on "Better," though. I'd say that overall Chinese Democracy sounds better than Contraband from what I've heard so far of CHIDEM.

Wow Shocked Slash is amazing and that really goes with out saying but I'm way more impressed by robin/richard new stuff than I am w/ Slash/Dave
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 08:06:27 PM »

Wow Shocked Slash is amazing and that really goes with out saying but I'm way more impressed by robin/richard new stuff than I am w/ Slash/Dave

absolutely agree.  its not even close. 
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »

i dont want CD to compete with Beyonce Tongue
compare the new songs to something worth comparing to...
like green day, coldplay, NIN or ozzy.

do you think that the demos we've heard so far could compare to ozzys down to earth?

so far not one song I've heard is on the same level as "Dreamer" except for CITR.
so far dreamer is the best rock song IMO of the 21st century.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 08:09:35 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
robinfinckfan
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 08:09:07 PM »

like green day, coldplay, or ozzy.

do you think that the demos we've heard so far could compare to ozzys down to earth?

so far not one song I've heard is on the same level as "Dreamer" except for CITR.

Down To Earth sux.. Ozzy's worst solo effort...Ever
Steel_Angel
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 08:10:24 PM »

it was an okay album..
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 08:10:57 PM »

I bet many people will say the same thing for Chinese Democracy. no matter if it's true or not.

and down to earth is a great album. much better than a lot of crap Ozzy came up in the 70/80s.

and if ozzy is not good enough, try comparing the demos to "With teeth" the album.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Steel_Angel
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 08:11:23 PM »

Funny... This is the SAME thing people said before Velvet Revolver released Contraband...
seriously, you cant compare weiland with axl.... i mean cmon... confused
robinfinckfan
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 08:15:05 PM »

I bet many people will say the same thing for Chinese Democracy. no matter if it's true or not.

and down to earth is a great album. much better than a lot of crap Ozzy came up in the 70/80s.

and if ozzy is not good enough, try comparing the demos to "With teeth" the album.

Ozzy is amazing.. I'm not even gonna go there. But you have ..I don't even know how to reply to this.
Ozzy came out w/ crap in the 70's and 80's ? Are you serious? OMG. OK whatever you think...IDK I'm speechless w/ that.
Someone else go
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 08:17:34 PM »

you cant compare beyonce to GNR, and yet that's the main thesis of this thread no

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 08:18:55 PM »

Ozzy is amazing.. I'm not even gonna go there. But you have ..I don't even know how to reply to this.
Ozzy came out w/ crap in the 70's and 80's ? Are you serious? OMG. OK whatever you think...IDK I'm speechless w/ that.
Someone else go

I'm not saying all was crap. I adore ozzy, but some of his albums were filled with korny rock songs...

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 08:22:41 PM »

you cant compare beyonce to GNR, and yet that's the main thesis of this thread no

u can't compare Beyonce's ass to Axl's ass  rofl rofl no way man, CD will break the whole world in two

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
robinfinckfan
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 08:25:41 PM »

u can't compare Beyonce's ass to Axl's ass? rofl rofl no way man, CD will break the whole world in two

Yea, your talking about two totaly different buying groups. people buying beyonce will not be buying GnR. and vice versa
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 08:25:45 PM »

doesn't matter waht is out there there is always "competition" in the charts peace

Yeah. Release it whenever; stop with excuses like there are other albums coming out.

but i don't think that GnR is worried about how well the album will do...they'll just ride the wave...

You can say that about the rest of the band, but Axl is the only one with all to lose. It's his wave.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: