Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:39:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The U.S. Tour (General Discussion)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The U.S. Tour (General Discussion)  (Read 8969 times)
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2006, 01:09:39 AM »

It's not about AXL filling arena's , because back in 1992 you could spend 25 bucs easily to see them. At 75-100 buc's he will never fill a arena , then on top of that he will never keep a american crowd going because he pause's in his setlist to much (remember donington ?)

Look I love gnr as a entity , I love this website/forumn and everybody that posts in it and have gained much RESPECT to the new revised group. But AXL will never , never , never , ever again sale out a arena in AMERICA.HE WON'T even pack a arena in at 90% with the way he does his setlists , and ticket price's.

You're a funny guy... rofl.

The current "US Tour" is obviously a warm-up for the ARENA tour later in the fall. Lastly, I strongly doubt that the prime seats for the ARENA tour will top $65.

Cool
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2006, 01:16:01 AM »

I have thought all along that this approach is best.  I'm willing to travel for a few shows, as I did for Hammerstein.  I do hope they come to Atlanta and play a few nights at the Tabernacle.  If they can't get in there and end up playing the Roxy Theater, I'm in luck cause it is a block away from my loft.  I hope they generate positive press from this tour.  They really need it.  For some reason, I think they may skip Atlanta all together though.  After all, it's a city with 4 million people and a shit load of apathetic rock fans.  I wish I still lived in Chicago right now.  They should play 5 nights in one of the theaters there. 
flickn
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2006, 01:21:37 AM »

It's not about AXL filling arena's , because back in 1992 you could spend 25 bucs easily to see them. At 75-100 buc's he will never fill a arena , then on top of that he will never keep a american crowd going because he pause's in his setlist to much (remember donington ?)

Look I love gnr as a entity , I love this website/forumn and everybody that posts in it and have gained much RESPECT to the new revised group. But AXL will never , never , never , ever again sale out a arena in AMERICA.HE WON'T even pack a arena in at 90% with the way he does his setlists , and ticket price's.

You're a funny guy... rofl.

The current "US Tour" is obviously a warm-up for the ARENA tour later in the fall. Lastly, I strongly doubt that the prime seats for the ARENA tour will top $65.

Cool

k , I will tread on egss softly here....

I was mentioning about  a arena tour, not this warm up one , I just hope this arena tour coming up........is not like the european tour , you heard him on the trunk show himself " tour in the Us , is hard cause everybody wants the old band back.Touring in europe is cool , cause people are like wow GNR !11!!.Then you have the drawn out seltists with 4-5 solo's cause axl has to hit up the O2 back stage.Songs like Better and such will be not accepted as great grn music if played live immediately following a fortus Beatuiful single.I really like grn as a form of rock music at this time and date ,  just read that these ticket prices or high ......for what ?
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2006, 01:22:20 AM »

i hope they go all up the east coast

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2006, 01:24:08 AM »

I have thought all along that this approach is best.? I'm willing to travel for a few shows, as I did for Hammerstein.? I do hope they come to Atlanta and play a few nights at the Tabernacle.? If they can't get in there and end up playing the Roxy Theater, I'm in luck cause it is a block away from my loft.? I hope they generate positive press from this tour.? They really need it.? For some reason, I think they may skip Atlanta all together though.? After all, it's a city with 4 million people and a shit load of apathetic rock fans.? I wish I still lived in Chicago right now.? They should play 5 nights in one of the theaters there.?

I believe they will keep the theatre tour small. When their album is released, I hope they do what the Stones did on their last tour: play one theatre and one arena show in each city.

Cool
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2006, 05:01:33 AM »

The way I'm seeing it is they are playing it safe- instead of taking chances and playing an arena in Las Vegas to a half full audience, you do two shows at a smaller venue that are guaranteed to be sold out. Cali. is a huge state- instead of doing the 5-6 big arenas there and only selling out LA it makes sense to do the the theaters and build a buzz. My guess is when the arena fall dates are announced it will only be major cities, no B or C markets like the 2002 tour had because those are just too risky. I'm guessing if the arena dates go well(which they will)- then they will add a 2nd leg and hit the B-markets, this is pretty much what Motley Crue did with there last tour- announced about 20 dates originally all in major cities(NYC,LA,Chicago,Philly etc.) then once those sold out they added two more legs hitting other markets. Now what would be a cool idea for the major cities is to do an arena show one night, then the next night do an acoustic gig in a theater. How sweet would it be say in NYC- one nite you get the full electric set at MSG, and the next get a acoustic gig at the Beacon? That would be a cool idea.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2006, 05:48:18 AM »

he wasnt "pausing" in Donington - there were valid issues.  If there are TD's in any gig, you can expect a band, not just GnR, to pause or stop to sort them out.  Ticket prices prob arent a direct reflection on GnR. remember the huge battle that Pearl jam tried to have with ticketmaster about keeping ticket prices low? 
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2006, 08:10:22 AM »

Does anyone think that the band will officially announce the tour dates, or simply leave fans to find out by localised production?

I still find it bizarre they haven't at least updated gnronline.com with the tour dates

Here today...ready to rock
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2006, 08:20:05 AM »

Does anyone think that the band will officially announce the tour dates, or simply leave fans to find out by localised production?

I still find it bizarre they haven't at least updated gnronline.com with the tour dates

yeah it`s weird. they announced the 2002 us tour with a press release, but we found out about the european dates from the ticket sites...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2006, 08:33:59 AM »

yeah it`s weird. they announced the 2002 us tour with a press release, but we found out about the european dates from the ticket sites...

Maybe they are holding off until all of the dates are confirmed. I thought Sanctuary might have said something too.

Here today...ready to rock
flickn
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2006, 10:29:27 AM »

he wasnt "pausing" in Donington - there were valid issues.? If there are TD's in any gig, you can expect a band, not just GnR, to pause or stop to sort them out.? Ticket prices prob arent a direct reflection on GnR. remember the huge battle that Pearl jam tried to have with ticketmaster about keeping ticket prices low??

you honestly beleive there were these technical issues at donnington ?Metallica didn't have to stop their show. It's shame that axl? always have some type of issue at any gig he plays weather it being late ranting, stoping the song in the middle , the list goes on and on , the american people won't put up with that again , I hope he has his shit together when he decides to jump to playing american arenas
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 10:35:10 AM by flickn » Logged
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2006, 05:24:18 AM »

yeah - I do - coz I was there.  Were you???  They were having issues, the stage was too wet and getting dangerous, some of the sound was weird.  They deserve massive credit for this gig especially because they didnt just storm off and sulk - they came back on and kicked some serious ass.  The last 6 songs or so were blinding and Axl didnt want to leave either.

its hardly GnR's fault if there are sound problems - at least they try and sort them out, rather than letting a crowd listen to a substandard gig and not giving a damn.  I know that it takes time getting these things sorterd out, but its not like Axl's ever been any different!
metallica are a different machine.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2006, 07:57:53 AM »

you honestly beleive there were these technical issues at donnington ?

As babydolls said, were you there?  Roll Eyes

Where I was standing, the sound was really fucked up at the start of the set.

It got better towards the end.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2006, 08:15:06 AM »

yeah - I do - coz I was there.? Were you?Huh They were having issues, the stage was too wet and getting dangerous, some of the sound was weird.? They deserve massive credit for this gig especially because they didnt just storm off and sulk - they came back on and kicked some serious ass.? The last 6 songs or so were blinding and Axl didnt want to leave either.

its hardly GnR's fault if there are sound problems - at least they try and sort them out, rather than letting a crowd listen to a substandard gig and not giving a damn.? I know that it takes time getting these things sorterd out, but its not like Axl's ever been any different!
metallica are a different machine.

i have to disagree there

the last 10 songs were blinding Basically November Rain onwards  Tongue

and i would class falling on your ass a techinical difficulty just as much as a mic failing to work  peace
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2006, 02:53:57 PM »

Back to the topic at hand...does anyone have any concept of how much longer we're going to have to wait for a full tour schedule...?  I mean, are we talking hours, days, weeks?  I am totally tweaking about going away this weekend and not having internet access bc what if they post the dates in the 3 hours that I am nowhere near a computer???    nervous
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2006, 04:54:44 PM »

I think they'll just keep tacking on dates, even when they start the tour.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2006, 08:41:34 PM »

I think they'll just keep tacking on dates, even when they start the tour.

It's possible. That's what happened here in Europe.

It'll be interesting to see where they head after the KROQ show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2006, 08:51:17 PM »

i officially got my ticket for the 21st at the warfield in SF today. i'm gonna be alone (it was too expensive to buy more than one), so i hope some HTGTHers befriend me there!
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2006, 08:59:33 PM »

They need to come to Chicago!  We need some GN'R here in the midwest too!  I'm sick of flying all over the place!  Midwest, Axl!  Midwest!

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2006, 03:01:41 AM »

Some of the same bands at the Kroq thing. maybe gnr might show? Anyone else think its possible?

ALICE IN CHAINS, STONE SOUR and AVENGED SEVENFOLD are among the confirmed bands for BuzzFest XVIII, set to take place Sunday, October 8 at the Woodlands Pavilion in Houston, Texas. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

Main Stage:

ALICE IN CHAINS
STONE SOUR
BREAKING BENJAMIN
AVENGED SEVENFOLD
EVERCLEAR
CROSSFADE
HURT

Side Stage:

EVANS BLUE
LOSTPROPHETS
THE PANIC CHANNEL
RED JUMPSUIT APPARATUS
OK GO
EIGHTEEN VISIONS
BOYS LIKE GIRLS

Tickets go on sale Saturday, August 26 at 10:00 a.m. through Ticketmaster or LiveNation.com.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: