Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:53:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The U.S. Tour (General Discussion)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The U.S. Tour (General Discussion)  (Read 8964 times)
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« on: July 19, 2006, 07:17:49 PM »

Hey, I thought it might be a good idea to start up a general discussion topic regarding the U.S. tour since the UK one is ending soon...  When do you think the U.S. tour will start?  I can't wait!  ok

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 07:20:45 PM »

Hard to guess a date (already one listed though), but sometime in September I suppose. Didn't Richard mention this somewhere along the line?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 07:24:54 PM »

I dunno... I hope its soon, tho.  I think that they'll release the album as soon as they come back or shortly after.   smoking

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 07:30:34 PM »

My guess would be either New York, or the KROC show that's already been announced (well on the KROC site anyway).

Two things I really want to see:

Focus on the MAJOR MARKETS. New York, L.A., Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, Las Vegas, Miami, Seattle, etc. None of this Boise, Idaho shit.

Canadian tour, or just more Canadian shows. On the last tour, London was sold out and Toronto was 15,000+. The band is still huge in the western/middle provinces. Hell London only has 200,000 people and they sold it out in 2002 AFTER the Vancouver riot and the bad press from it... with good press from a successful european tour they should do well.

Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Winnipeg, London, Toronto, Ottawa, and think about Vancouver (ugh) or Victoria in B.C., and maybe Montreal (ugh again) or Quebec City in Quebec, and maybe Halifax.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 07:55:39 PM »

As long as they come to Toronto and Hamilton Ontario Canada I shall die a happy man.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 08:17:28 PM »

I would love it if they came to Victoria. I wouldn't have to take the ferry to Vancouver or fly to NY, to see the band.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 08:37:19 PM »

I'm still playing "The Blues" from Pittsburgh '02...looking forward to seeing them there again, I hope.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 08:43:10 PM »

That's the best version of The Blues I have ever heard!
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 12:04:12 AM »

although i have never been to a GNR concert before (hopefully they come around western canada) i am a bit worried about the US tour.  im not doubting GNR they are my favorite band but the atmosphere over here in north america is different than europe.  we have stupid kids who listen to emo/rap/punk turned emo/r&b and the music video channels have been pushing that crap for years so its no wonder.  i was even reading an interview with steven adler a while back and he thought that europe was much more into rock than the us.  my worry is that if they will be able to sell out arena shows or close to it every night?  the worst thing that could happen is a north american tour with only half the seats filled  Cry
RichardNixon
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 12:15:14 AM »

Tour with Nine Inch Nails! ok
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 01:12:41 AM »

He wants to fill the arena's, NOT make it any worse than it is!  hihi
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 01:23:12 AM »

They should definitely get on a bill with someone major at least for the beginning of the tour or if they want to fill the bigger arenas.  My guess is that these plans are already made or are in the making since the fall is coming up pretty fast now.  I can't imagine them not already having venues booked here in the US being that it is already July....

They also need at LEAST a single released before the US tour if they plan to start it w/o the actual release of CD but this has been mentioned 721777823 times before....

That being said I really hope they don't tour with Nine Inch Nails...
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 01:35:20 AM »

I think he should tour with KID ROCK, his new pal.  Kid Rock is somewhat current and has a large following of fans who are probably into Guns N' Roses.  I personally think this double headliner could fill football stadiums in some markets if priced right.  Anyone agree? 

I currently live in Atlanta and if Axl comes here with just his band and some piece of shit opener like BFMV, he might as well play the Tabernacle, which is a cool venue that seats 2,500 ppl at most.  It would be a good way to build a buzz by selling it out and having a lot of pissed off people who would feel left out when the 2500 people hit the streets the day after talking about how great the show is. 

Also, Kid Rock isn't hanging with Axl for nothing.  He is not currently on tour and will probably go back out soon anyway.  When I saw him here in Atlanta a few months back, he had a great crowd and the show was nearly sold out at the Gwinnett Center, which seats about 15000.  Kid Rock went out on tour with Aerosmith/ RUN DMC a few years ago and it was one of the biggest summer tours that year.  Thoughts?
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 03:05:01 AM »

Where would they play in Anaheim?  House of Blues?

It'd be awesome to see them play in LA, Anaheim, and at Inland Invasion, and maybe San Diego.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 05:48:36 AM »

I think that they'll play 2-4 dates at smaller LA/OC venues prior to Inland Invasion.  At least, I hope.  I would love for them to play 2 or 4 days at Hollywood HoB or Henry Fonda Theatre before they do Inland Invasion.  They need to play some small venues for their hometown  smoking
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 05:50:58 AM »

Tour with Nine Inch Nails! ok

I wanna see this  beer

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 12:31:44 PM »

WeHeldTogether, The Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim.  ok
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »

I would love it if they came to Victoria. I wouldn't have to take the ferry to Vancouver or fly to NY, to see the band.

A worthy request. I wish they would come to Edmonton and/or Calgary. Last time they were in Edmonton was the 91' tour with Metallica, but I can't be sure.

From the looks of things with the current European tour, it appears GnR' are ready for another world tour similiar to 91' - 93', but not that long. I'm thinking like Illusions, they will release the album during their tour of the U.S., and then head down to South America to finish it off. We have already heard half the album, so GnR' are in the right direction.

What worries me is Axl. Is he ready for a long tour? Can he keep his composure?
chad_er33
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 01:18:39 PM »

i don't think a tour would last more than 2 years.  i am hoping forn an edmonton or calgary show also.  i saw them last in '93 in saskatoon (my first concert).  i just hope we get lots of bootlegs from a n.a. tour.
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 01:38:16 PM »

Hey, I thought it might be a good idea to start up a general discussion topic regarding the U.S. tour since the UK one is ending soon...? When do you think the U.S. tour will start?? I can't wait!? ok

I am just wondering how easy/difficult it will be for GNR to play in some venues/cities based on what happened in 2002 and the fact that a lot of these venues belong/are related  to Clear Channel (correct me if I'm wrong).  If Clear Channel doesn't want to put up with Axl, his choice of venues will be limited. However, if Clear Channel is part of the tour, they'll probably have a contract with a huge fee in case Axl doesn't show up which would be good for us going to the shows as it would likely prevent Axl from not showing up.

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: